Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!

Vegastar posted:

I know this isn’t a traditional figure, but Kotobukiya made this 1:1 hand reference ‘figure’ and it’s loving crazy. Been waiting for this for a looong time now and it just came in from amiami. Figured you guys might at least appreciate it, just an incredible reference model. Also would fit right in to a Smash Bros collection with a white glove.

Holy poo poo, I might have to get one of those for reference.

I've wanted a cape for Spider-Man 2099 for a while now (and I'm not a big fan of the red one that the movie one has either), so I've been experimenting. I might be on to something with some frosted adhesive vinyl with floral wire pinned between two sheets stuck together. I've been looking for white coated wire but I haven't been able to find any for, honestly, six months.

I had some luck but the experiment was cut short due to unforeseen interference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Order 2, get sculpting and then buy the Dark Souls/Elden Ring figures.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

They make a good point tho

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
BBTS has The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Link figma! It has a normal version and a double priced DLX version which has all the stuff!

It looks crazy good.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/271204?o=1

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

The Last Call posted:

BBTS has The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Link figma! It has a normal version and a double priced DLX version which has all the stuff!

It looks crazy good.

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail?gcode=FIGURE-167686

AmiAmi also has it, for about $112, but may or may not be a wash depending on shipping prices.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Good smile is selling it direct for $116 + $11 shipping for me (will vary a bit by where you live I guess), so I got it there. There's no way you're breaking even with BBTS for that.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Man that hand model is awesome. I've been thinking of ordering that for a while now. I'm not even an artist, I just really dig anatomy and the hand is a marvel of engineering.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I was waffling between the standard and DX versions of that Link but it's obscene they're charging ~$50 additional for what amounts to a few more accessories, despite how cool they are. Knowing me, I'll display him with the vanilla sword pose and put the extra accessories in a bag or something, like I've done with most other Figma figures.

I pre-ordered the standard version directly from the Goodsmile US site and it was 'only' $65. Can't wait until they eventually put up Zelda and that absolutely badass Ganondorf.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Louisgod posted:

I was waffling between the standard and DX versions of that Link but it's obscene they're charging ~$50 additional for what amounts to a few more accessories, despite how cool they are. Knowing me, I'll display him with the vanilla sword pose and put the extra accessories in a bag or something, like I've done with most other Figma figures.

I pre-ordered the standard version directly from the Goodsmile US site and it was 'only' $65. Can't wait until they eventually put up Zelda and that absolutely badass Ganondorf.

They did this with the Twilight Princess Link too, just a tremendous upcharge for all his extra bits and bobbins. I sprang the DX versions of both but I think the TotK version is better because the accessories are more visually interesting and ridiculous (rock on stick and blasting-off rocket particularly). Considering how big Ganondorf is to Link, I expect he’ll be comparably sized/priced to the Figma Doom Slayer around the $120 base price.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Got Jada Megaman Man in from BBTS finally and mine has no real issues thankfully. It's just a super figure to play with.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Sanschel posted:

They did this with the Twilight Princess Link too, just a tremendous upcharge for all his extra bits and bobbins. I sprang the DX versions of both but I think the TotK version is better because the accessories are more visually interesting and ridiculous (rock on stick and blasting-off rocket particularly). Considering how big Ganondorf is to Link, I expect he’ll be comparably sized/priced to the Figma Doom Slayer around the $120 base price.

I disagree with this.

(Standard) Twilight Princess Link was 5093 Yen and DX Twilight Princess Link was 6000 in 2017. Adjusted for inflation, that's 6570 Yen today. Like less than a $10 difference for all that stuff.

On the other hand, DX TotK Link is 16500 (cheapest place I've found) while the standard is 7821 (also the cheapest) for maybe a couple more accessories.

Are those accessories really worth $57? It's ridiculous.

Nanigans fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Mar 20, 2024

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The TP price was so close they probably shouldn't have even bothered to make a standard.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Aphrodite posted:

The TP price was so close they probably shouldn't have even bothered to make a standard.

Yeah, same goes for I believe the Link Between Worlds Link as well. I don't necessarily mind deluxe versions but would expect an insane amount of extra accessories for $55 more, which could include Zonaite items like the glider with added fans. As is, I can justify a $25 different.

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
For an extra $55, I’d expect like the pieces to a hot air balloon or something.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Or an entire Zelda figure.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Speaking of Links, my daughter's turning 12 Saturday and she asked for her own room (currently has a bunkbed with her sister), which means I've had to quickly vacate my office and move everything out. I bought, what's frankly, a really flimsy case (questionable paint, plastic see through pieces) but it gets the job done and has slide-able front covers. I was lucky enough to be able to slide my detolfs across the floor to my room with my gf's help but I know you all the emotionally tiring process of moving tons of figures from one display to the next and am almost done.

I have no loving room for anything else and have no clue where I'm going to put a new Ganondorf figure.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Give him the other bunkbed.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
BBTS has shipped the following for some people:

- Techno Viper
- Action Soldier
- Action Sailor
- Metal Head
- Retro Recondo
- Retro Duke
- Retro Scarlett

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
Bison is not on Amazon yet. just thought everyone who thought he went up for preorder yesterday should know. he's at the other places though. alright

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

The Last Call posted:

BBTS has shipped the following for some people:

- Techno Viper
- Action Soldier
- Action Sailor
- Metal Head
- Retro Recondo
- Retro Duke
- Retro Scarlett

It’s a race between Pulse and Amazon to see who ships first for me.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I don't mind how they did the DX versions of the Laid Back Camp Girls.

It's 8,800 yen vs 12,100 yen, so a little over 20 bucks more and you get enough pieces to put together a whole second figure

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Clutch and VAMP arrived today. Worth every penny. Fantastic set. A+

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Hopefully getting my scarlet spider tomorrow, super stoked.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

HellOnEarth posted:

I've wanted a cape for Spider-Man 2099 for a while now (and I'm not a big fan of the red one that the movie one has either), so I've been experimenting. I might be on to something with some frosted adhesive vinyl with floral wire pinned between two sheets stuck together. I've been looking for white coated wire but I haven't been able to find any for, honestly, six months.

Can you sew? I've been experimenting with capes recently and have a few patterns I've developed with wiring that work pretty well.

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

Can you sew? I've been experimenting with capes recently and have a few patterns I've developed with wiring that work pretty well.

Technically yes, I can hand-sew. But as the accompanying photo suggests, any time I start doing pretty much anything craft-wise at all, somebody appears to participate.

That being said, I’d love to see them! I’d discarded sewing this, mostly because I haven’t been able to find a fabric that I like but maybe with the right pattern, I can make something work.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I know there's some fans of Four Horsemen and other generic knight guys in here, so you might have some interest in this. Bandai's 30 Minute Missions line of robots is expanding into 30 Minute Fantasy! Like the robot line, the basic idea is you get your basic guy, and then you can get add-on sets to make him fancier. Here's the Liber Knight, with Liber Holy Knight and Liber Paladin upgrade sets

They also showed off the Rose Knight, who has his own more evil colored Holy Knight and Paladin upgrade kits, and a Item Shop Set with some generic armor options and treasure chests

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Feeling seen at "generic knight guys" lolol

Neat concept

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Those are just Gundams

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

The Last Call posted:

It looks crazy good.

Amazon Japan has it up and even with shipping costs it's around $81 (your shipping cost may vary)

https://www.amazon.co.jp/o/ASIN/B0CY2HHTGZ/pick-item-22

Edit: ah its the basic version

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
This is only going to appeal to like three people here, but Hasbro is finally bringing back 3.75” multipacks of Rebel pilots

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1770473280169807970?s=46&t=YuqSROOCXrcRx1gn_5vV7Q

They also announced a bunch of Black Series stuff for The Acolyte, but I think I’m done with that line. Just takes up too much space and they never bother improving basic things about them. All the Jedi revealed still have lovely articulation. Shame too, I’d have probably bought Jedi Masters Carrie Anne Moss and Lee Jung-jae if I was still in on the line.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Big Mean Jerk posted:

They also announced a bunch of Black Series stuff for The Acolyte, but I think I’m done with that line. Just takes up too much space and they never bother improving basic things about them. All the Jedi revealed still have lovely articulation. Shame too, I’d have probably bought Jedi Masters Carrie Anne Moss and Lee Jung-jae if I was still in on the line.

I know there isn’t a lot of variety in Jedi design, but the Acolyte figs are basically the same guy with a different head. Boring. Even if the shows great, boring.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

HellOnEarth posted:

Technically yes, I can hand-sew. But as the accompanying photo suggests, any time I start doing pretty much anything craft-wise at all, somebody appears to participate.

That being said, I’d love to see them! I’d discarded sewing this, mostly because I haven’t been able to find a fabric that I like but maybe with the right pattern, I can make something work.

I do a lot of sewing (skin) at work so the transition to hand sewing wasn't difficult but I do use a machine for the longer parts of the capes which helps. I know you can then snake the wire into an already sewn pocket but I just put the wire in first and then sew it in place. If you go to a fabric store you can find pretty much any pattern. I've bought some satin pieces off Amazon, too.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Joe Fisto posted:

I know there isn’t a lot of variety in Jedi design, but the Acolyte figs are basically the same guy with a different head. Boring. Even if the shows great, boring.

It doesn't help that the Black Series team present every reveal with all the excitement of a cadaver. They are proof positive that putting toy designs in front of the camera is a dumb idea.

New packaging is quite nice though.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Big Mean Jerk posted:

This is only going to appeal to like three people here, but Hasbro is finally bringing back 3.75” multipacks of Rebel pilots

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1770473280169807970?s=46&t=YuqSROOCXrcRx1gn_5vV7Q

Thanks for posting this, I'm for sure picking up a pilot pack when they go up.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I don’t buy toys of stuff I have no investment in regardless of how cool they look, so as long as I like the characters, the jedi could all be headswaps for all I care. Thankfully the show will be over before any of these are out, so I’ll preorder and then make my decision later.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Joe Fisto posted:

It’s a real bummer that’s also a problem with the show’s costuming. All the other High Republic stuff has the Jedi in these very ornate and formal gold-trimmed robes and tabards with weird lightsaber holsters, leather gauntlets, capes that aren’t just the standard brown hooded robe, and intricate lightsaber hilts and the show seems to be doing none of that. Aside from the occasional yellow saber blade, some gloves, and a little bit of yellow-gold in the robes, these designs are basically indistinguishable from prequel Jedi.

Kingtheninja posted:

Thanks for posting this, I'm for sure picking up a pilot pack when they go up.

I’m hoping the pack comes with more than 4 helmet designs, I’d love a reason to pick up multiple packs.

I just spent a very stupid amount of money grabbing some of the old late 00s comic pack pilots earlier this week.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's the end of the High Republic, infamously when the war with the Ar'gi'bi/Seemwai-Kay Alliance caused the republic to begin to lose access to color leading to The Thousand Year Brown.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Got two packages in today.

The first is DC Multiverse Wonder Woman and holy cow does she look perfect. Wow. She looks so drat good. Got to love all the stuff she comes with, the only screw up with this figure might be they didn’t make enough! What a figure, not enough praise can be said. This IS Wonder Woman.

The second is Pandora from the Valaverse. This is not a line I usually buy from, originally, I had thought of grabbing a few figures but then I heard about how often people had to warm up the joints, broken pieces etc. That put me off big time. Then came the guy in charge Bobby who definitely bares a strong grudge against Hasbro and the current Joe line. They had fired him and he decided to do this line and then here comes GI Joe Classified! They ate his lunch and never stopped looking back. He’s got a few youtuber friends and a small fanbase that are obnoxious, slagging everything Hasbro and the Joe line. Turned me off the Vala stuff near completely.

The only time I considered getting anything Valaverse were maybe a gun pack or two. Saw Pandora pop back up on a site or two a month back and decided she was the one cool figure in the line that actually wanted, so nabbed her. She’ll fit in with the Drednoks. She is a good-looking figure. Gotta give it that. And I’ll also give kudos to the fact it includes a stand, has a file card on the back with actual detail. No muli language crap here, we have a paragraph of information! Two in fact! And that doesn’t include the usual stuff at the top ie: name, speciality, birth place etc which is also included, it's like old school Joe baby. And if it’s used or not, I’ll give points to the action points cut out. It tickles that nostalgia feeling.

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Mar 20, 2024

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

The Last Call posted:

The first is DC Multiverse Wonder Woman and holy cow does she look perfect. Wow. She looks so drat good. Got to love all the stuff she comes with, the only screw up with this figure might be they didn’t make enough!

It's a pretty serious screw up at that. I don't really want to pay $50+ for this figure but at present it seems to be the only option. I don't know whether to bite the bullet and pay the stupid eBay price now before it gets any stupider, or hope for another production run. Or both... I would totally buy a second one to stash for my daughter if they were readily available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Nerd Of Prey posted:

It's a pretty serious screw up at that. I don't really want to pay $50+ for this figure but at present it seems to be the only option. I don't know whether to bite the bullet and pay the stupid eBay price now before it gets any stupider, or hope for another production run. Or both... I would totally buy a second one to stash for my daughter if they were readily available.

She keeps coming in stock at Best Buy of all places