Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The K in KJ stands for Kendrick.

Kendrick Bourne and Kendrick Osborn.

Pats are cornering the market. :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Just saw a mock draft with the Jets trading up to 5 to take MHJ. How would you like that mcmagic??

Kalli posted:

Hey! Hey! we've got Kendrick Bourne, we've got Demario Douglas, we've got KJ Osborn. That's 3 guys right there who'll probably hit 500 receiving yards!
Kendrick (Bourne, not Osborn) might do that in like 10-12 games if his ACL recovers fast enough!*

* and if the QB isnt eating poo poo

edit:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

lmao

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I would be very happy with Williams on the Pats, though I haven't heard any noise about it. Even if we only get 8 games of very good play from him, that's 8 more than we've gotten in a long time. Our last 1000 yard receiver was Edelman in loving 2019 :shepface:

You can pin some of that on QB play, but Garrett Wilson managed it with Zach Wilson + various jagoffs. Twice!!!

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Mar 19, 2024

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Just saw a mock draft with the Jets trading up to 5 to take MHJ. How would you like that mcmagic??

If they can do it without giving up the 2025 1st rounder.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

mcmagic posted:

If they can do it without giving up the 2025 1st rounder.

I...I think I might give up the 2025 first rounder to get MHJ with Wilson. :ohdear:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Professor Funk posted:

I...I think I might give up the 2025 first rounder to get MHJ with Wilson. :ohdear:
Snap call, fist pump. I'm not even concerned about a future 1st v 2nd when you're getting as close to a no-brainer WR talent for the next 5 years plus.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

You know, I'm something of a receiver myself.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

At least with Mike Williams the Jets are getting a player who can go up for the ball and lays it on the line. From what I've seen of him that's how he gets hurt, making big catches or trying to. He'll have way more impact than Cook as long as he doesn't get hurt right off the bat.

Not gonna lie I thought this was already a done deal.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
IMO it's much more important for the Jets to get Clowney than Williams.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

TWO SECONDS AFTER I POSTED

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1770191273820930058

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

The breakfast sandwich worked! Apparently it's 1y "up to" $15m. I bet it's like 1y/$8 million base. I'm fine with it; I hope he stays healthy.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
He's a good player.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Hell yeah! If he’s healthy he’s a very quality #2.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

There is just so much injury risk all over this roster.........

They can't ALL get hurt........ can they?

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Mar 19, 2024

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

mcmagic posted:

There is just so much injury risk all over this roster.........

They can't ALL get hurt........ can they?

Regardless, I don't think the plan in the draft can change. They need to draft a pass catcher and an offensive lineman who can maybe step in for some of these one-year signings who may be gone next year.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

Regardless, I don't think the plan in the draft can change. They need to draft a pass catcher and an offensive lineman who can maybe step in for some of these one-year signings who may be gone next year.

I think in a vacuum trading down and trying to go WR/OL or OL/WR in 1 and 2 is the right move still but do you trust Joe Douglas to draft the right late round OL and 2nd round WR? Or just stay at 10, take the better prospect or trade up for a no brainer like MHJ

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Good signing esp with it being bonus heavy

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

mcmagic posted:

I think in a vacuum trading down and trying to go WR/OL or OL/WR in 1 and 2 is the right move still but do you trust Joe Douglas to draft the right late round OL and 2nd round WR? Or just stay at 10, take the better prospect or trade up for a no brainer like MHJ

Nope, don't feel good about it. Though Douglas has been solid with his late first/second round picks (JJ, Breece, Tippman), so if he's picking WR/OT in that range I'd feel slightly better.

I think it's totally wide open what they do in the draft, though. You could justify pretty much anything depending on how the board falls.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

AFC East 2024: They can't ALL get hurt........ can they?

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

is pepsi ok posted:

AFC East 2024: They can't ALL get hurt........ can they?

The MetLife turf thirsts for ankles

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

He ate the sandwich lmao

https://twitter.com/nyjets/status/1770217845374230645?s=46&t=Q9JsEynxHxZ9F2lOwU2Uuw

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

man i hope they got him another one. things gotta be a brick 10 hours later

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Legend

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

stuker posted:

man i hope they got him another one. things gotta be a brick 10 hours later

Yeah, and I don't think a breakfast sandwich delivers particularly well even if he ate it right away. Still funny though.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Mar 19, 2024

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Making me mad that I'm currently in central VA and there probably isn't any pork roll within 100 miles

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Black Lighter posted:

Making me mad that I'm currently in central VA and there probably isn't any pork roll within 100 miles

as a jersey person i never really got the whole pork roll thing.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Had a bodega downstairs from my place in Hoboken for like 15 years. Taylor egg and cheese. Salt, pepper, ketchup.

I miss them so much. Massachusetts has nothing close.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Boston is an actual desert when it comes to NY staples: bagels, pizza, and breakfast sandwiches.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

New York is good. New York 'burbs become tolerable because of their food.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Professor Funk posted:

Boston is an actual desert when it comes to NY staples: bagels, pizza, and breakfast sandwiches.

Can I interest you in roast beef with mayo and bbq sauce on it?

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

DMV is similarly a wasteland for that big three. there's only one decent bagel spot left near me and their rent is spiking, i'm not looking forward to the future

Diva Cupcake posted:

Can I interest you in roast beef with mayo and bbq sauce on it?

what the gently caress

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

stuker posted:

what the gently caress
It’s a thing. Can’t get a buttered roll at a coffee cart though.

https://www.foodigenous.com/post/a-boston-three-way

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

i'd heard of kelly's as a place but i never knew about this depravity

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

what the poo poo is a Taylor egg

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Diva Cupcake posted:

Had a bodega downstairs from my place in Hoboken for like 15 years. Taylor egg and cheese. Salt, pepper, ketchup.

I miss them so much. Massachusetts has nothing close.

This sounds like something you can just make at home??

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

You can make any food at home.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
If you’re making crème brûlée at home you’re amazing and I want to marry you

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

stuker posted:

DMV is similarly a wasteland for that big three. there's only one decent bagel spot left near me and their rent is spiking, i'm not looking forward to the future

If you're in DC proper, the best bagels I've ever eaten are actually from a place in Dupont Circle called Bagels Etc. I used to go there like every morning early before work back when I lived in DC.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

fsif posted:

You can make any food at home.

Yeah but there are varying degrees of difficulty here- “have some regional cured meat which is widely available outside of the region” seems kinda easy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Hamhandler posted:

Yeah but there are varying degrees of difficulty here- “have some regional cured meat which is widely available outside of the region” seems kinda easy

Good series of posts for this appropriately named poster.