Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Let's jump the shark.

##vote shark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

wologar posted:

Why do you think it's true? What have you seen of Zoya's scum play?

it's probably true because zoya seems very competent, and people constantly bring it up as well. give me some credit, huh

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

honestly im totally fine with yall being wrong to establish my town meta as 'totally unreadable'

it would be better to get scum though so i'll see what i can find

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

sharkmafia posted:

honestly im totally fine with yall being wrong to establish my town meta as 'totally unreadable'

Take it from me this is more of a curse than a blessing

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

nah its fine

my baseline town play is extremely townie, people hardly ever sus me as town

i just havent really given a poo poo this game so i wouldnt be surprised if i die

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

I think it's weird but I don't think it's lunch weird

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

it would be funny if i was eliminated because people thought i was too perceptive for the amount of games i've played, through. pretty flattering

simply so smart its suspicious

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

sharkmafia posted:

it would be funny if i was eliminated because people thought i was too perceptive for the amount of games i've played, through. pretty flattering

simply so smart its suspicious

Oh no, Keats hacked his account!!

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

anyway re: zoya

the very first game i played here, the leftist factionalism one, had zoya as the last scum and she almost won in an absurdly bad situation. or she made a good run of it anyway

she made an impression. so on that basis i agree with shwiffles that if the scum captains were picking based on competence she would be on the team

but still, that's a dumb loving reason to vote someone. I'm not going to vote anyone on that basis by itself although it might make me sus a person who i had already alerted on more

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

The Ross and Rachel will they won’t they about who captains should have picked is dumb wifom and is beginning to look like a crutch people are using in lieu of having a real case.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

death cob for cutie posted:

the last time I saw a scum drafting game, gulagdolls ended up as the captain and picked everyone in the game whose name started with the letter M as the scum team

do not presume the captains are thinking too hard

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

hambeet posted:

The Ross and Rachel will they won’t they about who captains should have picked is dumb wifom and is beginning to look like a crutch people are using in lieu of having a real case.

:agreed:

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

i disagree, because everyone else is agreeing and i feel the need to be contrarian

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Shark, you haven't voted yet today, who is scum?

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

I dunno, i'm thinking about it

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

a vote placed simply because people pressured you to vote is some clown shoes poo poo

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

sharkmafia posted:

a vote placed simply because people pressured you to vote is some clown shoes poo poo

Hi I'm stupid who's doing this

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

the person directly above me

don't worry about it, i'll just place a vote when i'm good and ready and not before

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

oh, you probably meant 'who was placing a vote because they were pressured' not 'who was pressuring'

i was referring to myself, theoretically. the point is it's something i refuse to do

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Observe how frantic and rattled shark has become after one measly vote. Yes, this reaction has manifested only because of my vote and due to nothing else.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

sharkmafia posted:

oh, you probably meant 'who was placing a vote because they were pressured' not 'who was pressuring'

i was referring to myself, theoretically. the point is it's something i refuse to do

Okay but wins didn't pressure you to vote, they were asking you who you think Scum is and then you dodged the question and it acted as if it was so offensive

##vote shark

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

i am glad to get the 'dont tell me what to do' meta established as well if that's what it takes

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Honestly I get shark's point about forcing reads but it might be an excuse just to tunnel someone

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

Honestly I get shark's point about forcing reads but it might be an excuse just to tunnel someone

You do? Because that's not what wins did, wins asked the very normal Mafia question "who scum" and shark started immediately blustering

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Excuse me I got things mixed up in my head while I was writing that. Would be more accurate to say that sharks point wasn't about forcing reads, they got immediately defensive and erroneously said they were being forced to vote from a very slight amount of pressure

But seeing as I just got things flipped in my head while writing a post maybe I should have some humility

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

sharkmafia posted:

I dunno, i'm thinking about it

"blustering"

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Opopanax posted:

"blustering"

sharkmafia posted:

sharkmafia posted:

sharkmafia posted:

i am glad to get the 'dont tell me what to do' meta established as well if that's what it takes

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

tbf a couple of those responses were pretty much me acting like a baby so i get it

now im going to shut the gently caress up until i actually have something interesting to say, see you later

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

absolutely, 100% true that i will never give a read that i don't feel, and its futile to force me into anything

but there's no need to get all dramatic and 'you'll see how wrong you were when im dead' about it so i apologize

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm not seeing it :shrug:

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
I wasn't aware that Cube was a mod in this game.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I'm starting to think Opop and Shark saved each other from a house fire at some point IRL

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

wologar posted:

Wasn't this the same argument about Keats?

Yes except this one is correct

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

sharkmafia posted:

I didn't ask you to vote. I ask you who you thought was scum. Do you have oppositional defiant disorder? Because that's the only reason I can see for why a simple question caused a blow up unless you're trying to brush people back because you're scum.

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

Tea Party Crasher posted:

Same situation with Zoya, she's usually way more talkative and a big poker which isn't happening here. So I got the feeling they're both waiting for us to hoist ourselves by our own petard

keep in mind that i originally:

Zoya posted:

actually scratch that i got a lot going on irl rn maybe just give me unspoiled obs and i'll replace in if needed
...signed up as a backup because i have a lot going on irl and didn't want to fully commit to the game

it turns out that i ended up replacing in before the game even started, but yeah my engagement is not going to match my meta

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

shwinnebego posted:

Zoya has to be scum because there’s no posible way neither captain picked her, full stop

i wasn't a valid option for the scum captains

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Wow if that's true then I guess Zoya is our town clear

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Wait, who did you replace in for

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

cactus ghost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

sharkmafia posted:

anyway re: zoya

the very first game i played here, the leftist factionalism one, had zoya as the last scum and she almost won in an absurdly bad situation. or she made a good run of it anyway

she made an impression. so on that basis i agree with shwiffles that if the scum captains were picking based on competence she would be on the team

but still, that's a dumb loving reason to vote someone. I'm not going to vote anyone on that basis by itself although it might make me sus a person who i had already alerted on more

i was so close..... i could taste the W.....