Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

I've only played light armor since launch and can tell you that the padded one is very good. The only other trait that makes my eye wander even a little is servo assisted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Pharmaskittle posted:

I've only played light armor since launch and can tell you that the padded one is very good. The only other trait that makes my eye wander even a little is servo assisted
Two more grenades and bonus better recoil control while crouched is also sweet.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Pharmaskittle posted:

I think the balance on the armors (with the exception of Heavy) is actually pretty good, because I find myself swapping pretty regularly.

Light with lower detection radius is goated. You can run across the level and not aggro anything. I honestly had so much less hassle spelunking with this I was surprised I hadn't tried it sooner.
+2 grenades and lower recoil is really good and usually my default, I just can't give up +2 grenades ESPECIALLY stuns. Those are gold. Crouching with the autocannon or stalwart is great.
+2 stims and extended duration is awesome too!!
50% chance to not die is lowkey broken

ErKeL
Jun 18, 2013
Yeah I swap armour heaps and from the little I've used it I feel like the 50% cheat death is definitely getting slept on.

The amount of times I get one-shot is not a small number so cutting that down in half is a huge win.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Jerkface posted:

I think the balance on the armors (with the exception of Heavy) is actually pretty good, because I find myself swapping pretty regularly.

my buddies swear by extended throw distance, try that if you haven't

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

The balance on armor traits is bad in that stealth is infinitely better than the rest because it opens up the strongest survivability option in the game (hit da bricks) but the rest of them are all evenly balanced amongst each other :v:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

turn off the TV posted:

Just from looking at the datamined planet banners there are actually a ton of variations in game or in the works, like the boreal forsts, weird fungus worlds and cities.
god i can't wait to fight in the ruins of New New Super New York :allears:

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

ErKeL posted:

Yeah I swap armour heaps and from the little I've used it I feel like the 50% cheat death is definitely getting slept on.

The amount of times I get one-shot is not a small number so cutting that down in half is a huge win.

there's enough horseshit that happens that I can't give up my "survive lethal damage 50% of the time" armor, even though i don't love how it looks compared to other stuff

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I went to robot nam today, Was hectic as hell doing a kill bots mission, got abandoned, more people were spawning in to get killed as I did a merry little dance around the outskirts of the level dodging bots

We somehow got to the clear limit just as the mandatory evac shuttle was counting down to 0, one diver managed to dive on apparently as we all died out

mission success.

To celebrate we went onto a civvie evac mission and hunted down some tanks successfully, I took an autocannon and snuck around bot bases while they duked it out and shot rounds into vents

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
Scorcher rules because you can two tap a strider pilot through his front armor. I love mowing those idiots down.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
On average is the explosive resist heavy armor better than the 50% chance to survive lethal damage medium armor vs bots? I imagine the better speed and stamina rating on medium armor might actually give it somewhat of an edge

darnon
Nov 8, 2009
The medium armor with explosive resist that's on the super store right now seems like a good option versus bots if you don't want the speed/stamina tradeoffs of the heavy stuff. In theory I like the 50% resist death against bots, but maybe it's just my luck that a lot of the times it saves me I'm getting tossed by a rocket/explosion and die anyways from the impact of landing.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I haven't used anything else since I got the Exterminator armor because it looks the best. :smug:

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

is the railgun as bad at killing tank/hulk backvents as it is the cannon tower vent?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

ninjewtsu posted:

is the railgun as bad at killing tank/hulk backvents as it is the cannon tower vent?

It’s the best at killing them

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

darnon posted:

The medium armor with explosive resist that's on the super store right now seems like a good option versus bots if you don't want the speed/stamina tradeoffs of the heavy stuff.

I was about to buy but it's technically a halfway armor between heavy and medium armor in terms of stats. I might get it in the end tho, there's still a day or so to decide.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

ninjewtsu posted:

Yes.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

CelticPredator posted:

It’s the best at killing them

i'm getting mixed signals

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Idk unless the nerf made it so you can’t blow up tanks any more with the rail gun I guess lol

I haven’t really used it much since

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

It can damage them but it’s just as poo poo against them as it is against cannons, you’ll need like 5 overcharged shots to bring one down. With tanks that might be your best option but for hulks it’s really bad compared to the one shot eye kill.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

William Bear posted:

One of the biggest balance mistakes is that the Redeemer is far and away the best sidearm. Nothing comes close. It's a straight upgrade from the pistol, the revolver takes forever to reload, and, as mentioned, the laser pistol does hardly any damage.

My suggestion would be to add a speed-loader to the revolver and make the Redeemer less accurate (or the starting pistol more accurate).

The good news is that I saw a leak that they're planning a pistol that shoots grenades. That should be interesting!

Could the laser pistol's strength be in playing stealthy? It hardly makes any noise, right? The other pistols would attract a lot more attention. And I know there's all but confirmation they'll be bringing suppressors back for HD2, but maybe this is supposed to be the go-to until then?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

from their discord

Twinbeard posted:

Alright, Helldivers! Due to a lot of requests, here's a brief update on the friend request issue.

The bad news is that there's not much good news.

The good news is that this is still, and possibly even more so, one of our top issues at the moment. It's being worked on continuously and was discussed at length internally earlier today. Many of you have asked us to update you even if there's not much to say, and since pretty much all communication is better than the silent treatment, hopefully this is better than nothing.

You're not being ignored. We wouldn't be here without you. We truly get that this is both sad and extremely frustrating for those of you who are affected. We ask for patience. No bad joke or military lingo this time, just this.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Darox posted:

It can damage them but it’s just as poo poo against them as it is against cannons, you’ll need like 5 overcharged shots to bring one down. With tanks that might be your best option but for hulks it’s really bad compared to the one shot eye kill.

In that case use the scorcher. Takes about a clip or less to take them out

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Dinosaurs! posted:

Could the laser pistol's strength be in playing stealthy? It hardly makes any noise, right? The other pistols would attract a lot more attention. And I know there's all but confirmation they'll be bringing suppressors back for HD2, but maybe this is supposed to be the go-to until then?

Guns in general make way less noise than you'd think, even if you're going wild with something like the arc thrower. Meanwhile enemy patrols path directly to you even if you're completely silent, which makes me question what silenced weapons would even do.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

what is "the friend request issue"

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

ninjewtsu posted:

I have like five friends on PS5 with pending invites from my PC character because something is broken. I can play with PS5 randos no issue :shrug:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

ninjewtsu posted:

The friend ends up being a bot who tries to take away your freedom

It’s horrible

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
So it might be a coincidence. But since today's Tuesday Maintenance the "mouse over areas to ID places of interest ahead of time" has been hosed for me.

Before. Works even in fortified or engineer armor. Now, switching to scout to be sure and it is just refusing to identify places I can literally SEE, with a ? on my compass and everything, as a minor point of interest. Then I get the PoI diamond once I get there.

Multiple buildings with escape pods or loot crates with credits and medals? "Nah man nothing there trust me". But thanks for mousing over the 2 man vault while playing solo for a bit it is a PoI in that direction.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Dinosaurs! posted:

At least as far as I can tell playing stealthy means you've got a murder everything before they have a chance to get an alert off if you're forced to engage

Using the pistol that takes a full second to kill the smallest little bug in the game is probably not going to go well for you in that regard.

In practice, stealthy means murdering that entire little outpost or patrol in a single column stratum so they can't call anything else to kill you

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I still can’t move the mouse to any command or drop item besides the left side. It sucks. I want to drop things sometimes but I can’t

I reinstalled and everything

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Fate Accomplice posted:

my buddies swear by extended throw distance, try that if you haven't

My worry is if I get used to the longer throw distance for grenades and strategems I'll never be able to switch back.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Just run the AC against bots, nothing else compares

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Joel must really not like us with these new orders.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

anyone else having trouble getting into missions right now? i've gotten stuck twice tonight at the hellpod drop animation, had to altf4 out

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

I haven’t been able to get into a public game all week. Need to join a friends game because joining from map or Quickplay always fails or spins.

I guess it’s time to play with Goons.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

ninjewtsu posted:

doesn't work

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

CelticPredator posted:

Idk unless the nerf made it so you can’t blow up tanks any more with the rail gun I guess lol

I haven’t really used it much since

i dont this if this was an intentional joke but i laughed

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

ok i'm going back to 5 & 6 now, 7 is too stressful :cry:

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Ciaphas posted:

Are you going to max out your purples at 50 first?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Ciaphas posted:

they'll miss you