Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
I think "Interfering Unauthorized Third Party" is judge-speak for "Dumbass I Would Like to Hit, With A Large, Blunt Object."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.
Multiclassing into a Druid: One Neat Trick To Ignore Laws ( Judges Hate This! )

Doopliss
Nov 3, 2012
This is definitely a pro click.

quote:

[6] Belanger has no legal basis to participate in the Foreclosure Action. He is not a party. He is prohibited from acting as a litigation representative pursuant to the Legal Profession Act, RSA 2000, c L-8, since Belanger is not a lawyer. Similarly, an “amicus curiae” is a court-appointed lawyer who acts as “a friend to the court”. Belanger is neither a lawyer, nor the Court’s friend.

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

Mister Speaker posted:

You're definitely right, but man I feel icky thanking Chrystia Freeland for anything.

Ooof that’s a tough one hahaha. Still think it’s worth it to flood them with positive responses and drown out the Zionists !

I’m not a moron who thinks this is the best possible result, but the Zionist has been hegemonic for so long that banning weapons sales to Israel is unambiguously a step in the right direction.

Flood them with positivity today, and don’t stop the calls, emails and protests until even more steps are made!

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
The only non-con Manitoba MP who voted nay was Ben Carr, which is no surprise since he was one of the shitbags who attended the "Settlement Brings Security" conference in Jerusalem in January.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

ARACHTION posted:

I encourage every goon to look up what their MP voted last night

https://www.ourcommons.ca/members/en/votes/44/1/658?view=province-territory

If they voted yes, send them an email today thanking them.

If they voted no, send them an email calling them a spineless piece of poo poo.

The Zionists will be harassing them and crying and getting loads of media attention surely so they need to know they voted well this time.

I don’t care that this is watered down, non binding etc. This is a narrative war and Israel is clearly losing if the liberals have decided it’s electorally sound to no longer be a total Israel/US on this issue.

My rep was the only one paired with another so one of them could be absent (or already was) I guess. A different kind of coward in this case.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
My MP was a yea but she's NDP and among it's members who remain more left leaning so it was sort of expected. Still sent a thank you email though.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
The Belanger interference made me look back at Meads as he got called out there too. I forgot about this though:

quote:

The exotic nature of the Moorish Law movement and its claims warrant some comment, as casual exposure to a Moorish Law litigant may lead an observer to suspect mental impairment or disorder.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

ZShakespeare posted:

ok but crime bosses aren't coming here and stealing cars.

Why not. I definitely would, in a country where the police were useless for anything other than stomping on the homeless

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.
I'll be dead in the ground before I send Mona Fortier an email thanking her for anything.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Fidelitious posted:

I'll be dead in the ground before I send Mona Fortier an email thanking her for anything.

No fuckin way she'd read it anyway

Gorgeous Zan
Apr 13, 2007

New Haven Yacht Club

ARACHTION posted:

The Zionists will be harassing them and crying and getting loads of media attention surely so they need to know they voted well this time.

I don’t care that this is watered down, non binding etc. This is a narrative war and Israel is clearly losing if the liberals have decided it’s electorally sound to no longer be a total Israel/US on this issue.

My MP is Kevin Vuong so he's the poster boy of spineless piece of poo poo.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Gorgeous Zan posted:

Out of curiosity I looked up his expenses and he's expensing about $200 a month in cell phone data overages. Surely he could find a better plan.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
The only email I (routinely) send my MP mark strahl is one asking him what he's done with the body of 'Briane From Chilliwack'

https://x.com/markstrahl/status/1495472037438967808?s=20

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

My MP didn't even vote? I can't find the vote for Etobicoke North on the site....

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Isentropy posted:

My MP didn't even vote? I can't find the vote for Etobicoke North on the site....
Looks like she hasn’t voted on anything since December 7, 2023

https://www.ourcommons.ca/Members/en/kirsty-duncan(58877)/votes

edit - She took medical leave in January 2023 for a “personal health challenge”. No idea if she’s still on leave.

Mr. Apollo fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Mar 20, 2024

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Mr. Apollo posted:

Looks like she hasn’t voted on anything since December 7, 2023

https://www.ourcommons.ca/Members/en/kirsty-duncan(58877)/votes

edit - She took medical leave in January 2023 for a “personal health challenge”. No idea if she’s still on leave.

Ooh I remember this now. Hope she's well but I'm thinking she probably has some more serious issue. Not good!

ETA: been dealing with cancer on and off it seems. Get well, she has been one of the better MPs in the Toronto lib caucus

Isentropy fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Mar 20, 2024

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Isentropy posted:

Ooh I remember this now. Hope she's well but I'm thinking she probably has some more serious issue. Not good!
You can check out her Instagram for some details.

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

Mr. Apollo posted:

Out of curiosity I looked up his expenses and he's expensing about $200 a month in cell phone data overages. Surely he could find a better plan.

It’s funny to imagine him running through many 7/11 prepaid phones but he’s probably just pocketing extra money.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Gorgeous Zan posted:

He and Housefather are the two MPs I see most regularly being ridiculously pro-Israel. Say what you will about Vuong but he's not spineless; his spine is hosed up and lovely.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

ARACHTION posted:

My MP is apparently a vice chair on the international human rights subcomittee, so I get to do even more than call him a spineless sack of poo poo.

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.
Speaking of Housefather

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/liberal-mp-housefather-not-ruling-out-crossing-the-floor-to-the-conservatives-1.6815741

quote:

Housefather told Kapelos he isn’t engaged in "direct" conversations with the Tories on crossing over, but said he has a lot of Conservative friends and colleagues.

Housefather said that despite the amendments to the motion, his party’s endorsement of it left him feeling isolated. The Quebec MP also indicated he has been inundated with "several thousand" messages from constituents over the vote.

Yeah I bet being rabidly pro-genocide would leave you feeling fairly isolated.

Israel has been so successful in convincing Jews to tie their identity to the state and convincing the rest of the world that Israel represents all Jews everywhere.
Being against what Israel is doing has nothing to with the people there being Jewish, it's ridiculous.

If your ethno-nationalism is so strong that you can't even oppose genocide you're a piece of poo poo.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

run on sentience posted:

The only non-con Manitoba MP who voted nay was Ben Carr, which is no surprise since he was one of the shitbags who attended the "Settlement Brings Security" conference in Jerusalem in January.

That’s my dude. I’ll send him a nasty electronic mailing.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Fidelitious posted:

Speaking of Housefather

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/liberal-mp-housefather-not-ruling-out-crossing-the-floor-to-the-conservatives-1.6815741

Yeah I bet being rabidly pro-genocide would leave you feeling fairly isolated.

Israel has been so successful in convincing Jews to tie their identity to the state and convincing the rest of the world that Israel represents all Jews everywhere.
Being against what Israel is doing has nothing to with the people there being Jewish, it's ridiculous.

If your ethno-nationalism is so strong that you can't even oppose genocide you're a piece of poo poo.
Housefather said something like the main concern of every country should be the safety and security of Israel and he's now concerned about the direction that Canada is going in with this vote.

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

Maybe he should go be an MK in Israel then.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

hadji murad posted:

That’s my dude. I’ll send him a nasty electronic mailing.

Don't forget to call him out for supporting selling weapons to Bibi mere months after he was in Israel saying he was an obstacle to peace in the Middle East.

impossiboobs
Oct 2, 2006

How's 2024 going for you guys? Did anyone have "NDP posts Cruel Angel's Thesis parody on tiktok" on your bingo cards?

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7348922650560924933

impossiboobs fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Mar 21, 2024

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

impossiboobs posted:

How's 2024 going for you guys? Did anyone have "NDP posts Cruel Angel's Thesis parody on tiktok" on your bingo cards?

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMMADyEXB/

Edit: I don't know how to embed Tiktok videos.

End of Evangelion was just back in theaters, so there's a bit of a trend going on on tiktok right now.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
at least they didn't do the liquid in hand thing

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

impossiboobs posted:

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7348922650560924933

Meh. Slayers had a better showintro.

MNIMWA
Dec 1, 2014

ARACHTION posted:

My MP is Scott Reid in Lanark-Frontenac-Kingston. He sucks and his family owns Giant Tiger (https://scottreid.ca/on-my-roles-as-mp-and-with-giant-tiger-stores-ltd/) but he also does this spineless lovely thing where when there's a vote that he believes engages matters of conscience (examples being MAID, abortion) he'll send out a constituency referenda to "guide" his vote in the House. I sent him a letter telling him that standing against genocide is a matter of conscience and that he should have asked his constituency for help finding his moral centre.

MNIMWA fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Mar 22, 2024

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

MNIMWA posted:

My MP is Scott Reid in Lanark-Frontenac-Kingston. He sucks and his family owns Giant Tiger (https://scottreid.ca/on-my-roles-as-mp-and-with-giant-tiger-stores-ltd/) but he also does this spineless lovely thing where when there's a vote that he believes engages matters of conscience (examples being MAID, abortion) he'll send out a constituency referenda to "guide" his vote in the House. I sent him a letter telling him that standing against genocide is a matter of conscience and that he should have asked his constituency for help finding his moral centre.

Aw gently caress he's mine too.

That being said his constit office is 3 minutes walk away which he shares with our equally lovely MPP. Should I make a statement on it in mine craft?

(Also gently caress crossing GT off my list of shopping)

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

With no ethical consumption under capitalism, the concept of ideological purity doesn't apply to an individual's day-to-day spending decisions. It's lizards all the way down, just buy the drat vegetables.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
Mulroney funeral today. As we're sure to be hearing flowery revisionism about one of our worst Prime ministers all day, let us be reminded that he was a piece of poo poo who hosed this country up good.

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010

Willatron posted:

Mulroney funeral today. As we're sure to be hearing flowery revisionism about one of our worst Prime ministers all day, let us be reminded that he was a piece of poo poo who hosed this country up good.

One of our worst is pretty stiff competition.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

Willatron posted:

Well he kinda put the wheels in motion.
The worst cuts to stuff like public housing and social services were under Chrétien. But the liberals make loving over the poor look pretty so we didn’t notice till the worst effects of such policies hit hard post 2008 and under Harper.

Harper wishes he could’ve done what was done under Chrétien.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

Kraftwerk posted:

The worst cuts to stuff like public housing and social services were under Chrétien. But the liberals make loving over the poor look pretty so we didn’t notice till the worst effects of such policies hit hard post 2008 and under Harper.

Harper wishes he could’ve done what was done under Chrétien.

Oh Chrétien is going to get hella revised into greatness when he goes too. But selling off a ton of crown corps and handing the right wing to the Reform party leading to the CPC nutjobs we have today makes Mulroney a strong contender for one of the worst imo.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Kraftwerk posted:

The worst cuts to stuff like public housing and social services were under Chrétien.

Not to excuse the liberals, but this was also pretty much inevitable because of Mulroney.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Wasnt the big push for austerity because some world bank/ratings agency was like "lol we're gonna wreck you if you don't cut everything".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Yes that combined with capital flight due to NAFTA.
Honestly if we were a real nation (lol) we should have pulled out but that was never gonna happen.