Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

I opened up golden Mini-Golf Ramshield. :imunfunny:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Used VS's Handbuff/Execute Pally for remainder of my D5 to Legend climb.

It feels very strong. Doesn't take long to get going and then you start dumping out giant piles of value every turn.

E:

Doctor Spaceman fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Mar 20, 2024

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
there's a bullshit spell mage that just gives you more spells all game again

lol hell yeah

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

two of my favorite decks are mech decks and taunt decks so this taunt mech warrior situation I'm digging a lot

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.

Orange Carlisle posted:

two of my favorite decks are mech decks and taunt decks so this taunt mech warrior situation I'm digging a lot

What list are you using? I'm hoping to try taunt mech Warrior during some work meetings today.

Gwaint
Oct 22, 2010

"Music is the truth. Just listen..."
Tempo Dragon Priest in Wild isn't absolutely awful. It still is probably not good enough vs quick kill-you-by-turn-3 decks, Even Shaman, and super control decks, but it's fun and using Zarimi as a win condition really helps extend reach a fair bit.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
https://hsreplay.net/replay/GcfErRigWiomQ57jMbF2uC

Spellpower druid steals my Righteous Protector with Yogg. Yogg casts Wing Welding, discarding his Owlonius. Instant concede.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

yogg giveth and yogg taketh away

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

I have been running into a bunch of warlocks who cheated out Sargeras with Nemsy.

Always great fun when the realization sets in that the Portal is the MVP, not Sargeras himself.

Congrats, you'll get a 6/12 in three turns. Maybe.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Give people time to figure out that you need to put Sargeras into an ETC. I've played a bit of Wheel of Death!!! (without Nemsy) and had fun. These 5 turns can feel quite frantic and tight even as the defendant, fighting both fatigue and the opponent. It's also quite dependant on how soon you manage to draw 2-3 boardclears (ideally reno) before spinning the Wheel.

Haven't had much luck with my pack openings and didn't pull a lot of stuff I was looking forward to, so I'm stuck wheeling for now until the dust settles.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Excelzior posted:

yogg giveth and yogg taketh away

Had a Yogg Location cast Twisting Nether right away.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Yeah, Wheel Of Death has been way more fun and viable than I thought (granted I’m only on low platinum)

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Just had a weird glitch in tavern brawl where it was my turn, then the program started doing the spinning wheel of death. I told it to 'wait for program to respond' which it did in just a few seconds and reconnected - and then my opponent was in his turn? Was weird, it wasn't even enough time for the rope to have appeared.

Edit: still pulled off the W :smug:

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021
excavate paladin is absolutely broken.

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
I had to be on my toes, like a midget at a urinal!

Szarrukin posted:

excavate paladin is absolutely broken.

Been trying handbuff and some freebird aggro that didn't do too bad, but atm preferring old excavate with the titan - got a decklist?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Here's a deck that will be awful if people start running weapon removal

### Thief
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Pegasus
#
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 2x (0) Shadowstep
# 2x (1) Breakdance
# 2x (1) Deadly Poison
# 2x (1) Gear Shift
# 2x (1) Stick Up
# 1x (2) Instrument Tech
# 2x (2) Kaja'mite Creation
# 2x (2) Kobold Miner
# 2x (2) Thistle Tea Set
# 2x (3) Mic Drop
# 1x (3) Velarok Windblade
# 1x (4) Drilly the Kid
# 1x (4) Sonya Waterdancer
# 2x (4) Spectral Cutlass
# 2x (5) Burrow Buster
# 1x (6) Flik Skyshiv
# 1x (7) Tess Greymane
#
AAECAaIHBoukBbjFBdCUBo6WBoqoBo/mBgySnwT2nwT3nwTawwXfwwW/9wXo+gXKgwbQgwbIlAaJqAaQ5gYAAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

NoHandGamer's list for wheel lock

turns out its relatively easy to survive 5 turns and automatically win

### Wheeeeeeel
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Pegasus
#
# 2x (1) Felstring Harp
# 2x (1) Fracking
# 2x (1) Gul'dan's Gift
# 2x (2) Defile
# 2x (2) Drain Soul
# 2x (3) Forge of Wills
# 2x (3) Mortal Eradication
# 1x (3) Reverberations
# 2x (4) Dark Alley Pact
# 2x (4) Speaker Stomper
# 1x (5) Symphony of Sins
# 2x (6) Doomkin
# 1x (6) Loken, Jailer of Yogg-Saron
# 1x (0) Zilliax Deluxe 3000
# 1x (0) Zilliax Deluxe 3000
# 1x (1) Recursive Module
# 1x (5) Perfect Module
# 1x (8) Reno, Lone Ranger
# 1x (8) Wheel of DEATH!!!
# 1x (9) Sargeras, the Destroyer
# 2x (10) Table Flip
# 1x (30) Fanottem, Lord of the Opera
#
AAECAZzcBQj5xgWs6QWm+wXo/wXxgAbHpAavqAbqswYL56AE9MYFrekFyOsF+vkF1/oFzoAGhJ4G8KkGibUG3uYGAAED8LMGx6QG97MGx6QG6N4Gx6QGAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i seem to remember a tool people used forever ago that'd recommend dustable cards based on how infrequently they show up in deck lists, does anyone have that handy? a regular list is probably also fine, i just want to put together some new decks

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Desdinova posted:

Been trying handbuff and some freebird aggro that didn't do too bad, but atm preferring old excavate with the titan - got a decklist?

VS's Handbuff/Execute Pally uses the titan.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Excelzior posted:

NoHandGamer's list for wheel lock

turns out its relatively easy to survive 5 turns and automatically win

Played this for a bit and 3 6 out of 4 7 wins I didn't even get to spin the Wheel of DEATH!!! :colbert:

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Mar 21, 2024

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

mcbexx posted:

Played this for a bit and 3 out of 4 wins I didn't even get to spin the Wheel of DEATH!!!

yeah after giving it a spin (HAH!) the control/handlock core is often good enough

what undoubtedly sucks is the big demon package. sorry Nemsy, you need support

Powered Armor
May 5, 2023
Started playing this again with the rotation. The only deck I'd been playing since last expansion was Wishing Well/excavate and wow does Sonya Waterdancer give it a boost. Hmm yes double Grom and double Kalecgos on T6, don't mind if I do. Then next game I played six of that warlock Symphony card and my Tess was drawing six cards multiple times and burning them all but it didn't matter because I still had 30+ cards in the deck. Control warrior opponent conceded halfway through the animations. A+ will keep playing.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
On a similar note, I decided to start playing again after a year and a half instead of just following Hearthstone from the sidelines. I got a few duds I don't want to play with from my catch-up packs and first legendaries from each set of cards (Orchestrator Rin needs a lot of discard/destroy synergy, Tyr requires crafting more expensive stuff than I'm willing to make Resurrect Paladin work, Sky Mother Aviana is fun but Druid has more important stuff going on), but I also got three cool legendaries who make decks I actually want to play with: Climactic Necrotic Explosion, Helya and Gunslinger Kurtus. (I know Highlander DH isn't good. Highlander decks are just cool, and if I get enough DH cards to try something I don't want to re-craft a big payoff legendary for it.) So, I now have a plan.

1) When my trial period with the trial decks is up, take the Highlander Shaman because it's a solid deck that's easy to upgrade and still has big generic deck-enabling tools.
2) Craft the new Wizzbang, just so I have a bunch of random decks to play for variety.
3) Focus my pack-buying on Showdown to get the rest of the basic Excavate cards as I build up the dust for Reska or the DK titan, since those feel like the biggest keystone legendaries to actually make a rainbow/excavate deck. (I also need to dip into TITANS for plague stuff, but it seems easier to slip basic plague stuff for inevitability in a budget rainbow deck than it is to collect the entire plague package.)

After that... Who knows? gently caress around, find out, do whatever.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Haha, remember when they said that "Charge" was a bad keyword enabling degenerate poo poo and they tried to cut back on it?

And then they brought Leeroy Jenkins back in a meta where Paladin has handbuffs and a "LOL windfury" card - plus divine shield for good measure, but who cares about that when you can have 24+ damage from hand for 8 mana.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

mcbexx posted:

Haha, remember when they said that "Charge" was a bad keyword enabling degenerate poo poo and they tried to cut back on it?

And then they brought Leeroy Jenkins back in a meta where Paladin has handbuffs and a "LOL windfury" card - plus divine shield for good measure, but who cares about that when you can have 24+ damage from hand for 8 mana.

Yeah this feels like a mistake. If you draw leeroy early it's ridiculous. Was thinking what the nerf could be and maybe give the 1/1s it summons for the opponent taunt so you need a clear or some minions already? Or perhaps some keyword to stop the combo, eg same stats but 'finale: gain charge'?

Or just delete leeroy from the game.

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.
The Wheel of Death is fun, but man it made me realize how bad it feels to play against, and how dirty it feels to play with, Forge of Wills. Surely they could find some way to reduce its power without making it unplayable?

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Powered Armor posted:

Started playing this again with the rotation. The only deck I'd been playing since last expansion was Wishing Well/excavate and wow does Sonya Waterdancer give it a boost. Hmm yes double Grom and double Kalecgos on T6, don't mind if I do. Then next game I played six of that warlock Symphony card and my Tess was drawing six cards multiple times and burning them all but it didn't matter because I still had 30+ cards in the deck. Control warrior opponent conceded halfway through the animations. A+ will keep playing.

What's your list?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

mcbexx posted:

tbh paladin doesn't even need to rely on Leeroy

not when ha-hAAAAAA is back in Core

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Handbuff DK is fun, love dropping two 16 damage quillboars and doing 32 at end of my turn.

Just noticed they took away the diamond legendary for getting 27 legendaries

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Mar 21, 2024

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I wonder how long until we get a "silence minions in player's hands" type card

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I got Legend for the first time!! :toot:

I didn't know you got a Legendary from it! I got Sonya Waterdancer! :toot: :toot:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I got Legend for the first time!! :toot:

I didn't know you got a Legendary from it! I got Sonya Waterdancer! :toot: :toot:

Congrats!

You get a free legendary but only for the first time; afterwards the only reward you get is another pack in your monthly rewards (which honestly is less valuable than the guaranteed epic for hitting D5)

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Shudderblock into OG Yogg into Wheel of Death is my favourite way to lose a game so far this expansion

e: turns out I won

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
the two lessons so far this expansion i think are 'handbuff is hilariously easy to get value out of' and 'turns out surviving for the wheel of death wincon is pretty easy'

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.
Ew. Wheel of Death into Fanottem and then copy it with Forge of Wills.

I can't even be mad about how ridiculous that is.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
A friend asked me for deck advice so I made the deck and modified it a bit. They took some of my advice and modified theirs. We'll compare again later. I doubt this is the final list and it def could be better but it's fun:

### Raptor Quest
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Alleycat
# 2x (1) Raptor Hatchling
# 2x (1) Springpaw
# 2x (1) Sunscale Raptor
# 1x (1) Unseal the Vault
# 2x (1) Wolpertinger
# 2x (2) Fetch!
# 2x (2) Jungle Gym
# 2x (2) K9-0tron
# 2x (2) Painted Canvasaur
# 2x (2) Remote Control
# 2x (2) Starving Buzzard
# 2x (2) Time-Lost Raptor
# 2x (3) Saddle Up!
# 2x (4) R.C. Rampage
# 1x (5) Halazzi, the Lynx
#
AAEBAa/XAwLjiwOkpQMO2QnquwKNwwKghQOizgPb6gO/0wTSjgaYoQbnpQbqpQbypQb/pQaSpgYAAA==
#

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Pretty crazy how few silence effects there are now. There's the Priest/Rogue dual class card, the 4 mana 4/4 Librarian, and that's it.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Valiantman posted:

Ew. Wheel of Death into Fanottem and then copy it with Forge of Wills.

I can't even be mad about how ridiculous that is.

You're not far off a wincon without the 5 turn countdown in some cases.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I think people were unfairly pessimistic about Warlock's late game with the rotation. They have an incredibly strong set of control cards in the core set (mortal coil, defile, drain soul, buffed hellfire, buffed twisting nether) and Sargeras + Symphony of Sins are each strong enough to often win games by themselves. The main reason they weren't a bigger player in the meta than they could've been is because of how popular Reno decks were for a while, which suddenly gave everyone an answer to Sargeras.

But since Reno decks always suffer the most from smaller card pools, there really haven't been too many except for the decks that just turbodraw through all their duplicates, so control warlock is in a much stronger position in the meta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
Aggro hunter picked me up and just carried my rear end into legend. That was the easiest legend climb ever.