Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Is that the yoga guy ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
JJ has a lot of potential but I don't think he really proved he can hit sideline routes or timing seam routes. He also takes really bad risks randomly out of no where. It won't quite be on the level of taking Daniel Jones again but I'd rather they didn't risk it.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

euphronius posted:

Is that the yoga guy ?

He's the Harbaugh guy who threw the ball 11 times and handed it off 2000 times in four years of college

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
If someone can harness Penix (which I correctly pronounce "Pee Nicks") he will be the best QB from this draft

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Giants are going to be a bad team again this upcoming season so don't pick JJ and go wild over Shedeur or Ewers next year. Even less inspiring.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It's a longshot but I think there's a decent chance the Cowboys wind up 3rd in the division

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Give me one of WRs. We don't need McCarthy vs DeVito inciting a race war

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

blarzgh posted:

If someone can harness Penix (which I correctly pronounce "Pee Nicks") he will be the best QB from this draft

I think he's a bit of a sleeper pick myself. He throws a great deep ball. If he falls to the right team, I like his chances to be pretty good steal.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Shinjobi posted:

It's a longshot but I think there's a decent chance the Cowboys wind up 3rd in the division

As of today they've gotten better at linebacker worse at defensive line and worse at offensive line.

If mozzi Smith takes a step forward this year or they replace hankins, and they managed to replace their center, then I can't imagine they aren't the odds on favor to win the division again.

The only reason I would pick against them is because the vagrees of the NFL, randomness and injuries dictate that obviously the obvious thing won't happen

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Feeling good about the eagles :)

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://x.com/AdamSchefter/status/1770165508433977496?s=20

Good luck with that. He had a bad lingering issue in his second and third year, you never knew if he was gonna start week to week.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

blarzgh posted:

If mozzi Smith takes a step forward this year

Let me stop you right there

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
I'm expecting good NFC East clownball this year with the Cowboys 3rd place in the division.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I don’t know what to expect this upcoming season, the Commanders are a complete unknown. We could win the Division or barely win four games again. Who the gently caress knows. Clownball forecast is definitely high, can’t wait.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Mazi was torpedoed by Dan Quinn and made to lose like 30 pounds before the season started. It's one of the most egregious what the gently caress moves from a player development standard in recent memory.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Shinjobi posted:

Let me stop you right there

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Unless the Commanders draft pick pulls a Stroud I don't see them being immediately competitive till next year at the earliest

Dallas will probably still be good but maybe a touch worse and will flame out again

The Giants will probably be bad no matter what

The Eagles are the real wild card. The wheels fell off but the team still has some talent on it and they swapped out coordinators

Watch the Commies win the division to sustain the NFCE clownball winner streak

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Febreeze posted:

Watch the Commies win the division to sustain the NFCE clownball winner streak

with an 8-9 record, of course

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

predicto posted:

with an 8-9 record, of course

7-10, for true NFC East Clownball

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Yeah I have no idea what the eagles will do, I expect an awful year where it is confirmed that hurts is a bum and also the defense is still nonexistent.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

fartknocker posted:

7-10, for true NFC East Clownball

I just want every team to finish with the same record and the Cowboys to get bumped to last place in the division off an SNF loss the final week that goes to tiebreakers.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Quiet Feet posted:

I just want every team to finish with the same record and the Cowboys to get bumped to last place in the division off an SNF loss the final week that goes to tiebreakers.

Somehow the Titans wind up winning the division

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Quiet Feet posted:

Okay, entire division finishes 6-11, one team wins it because they went 6-0 in the division, Cowboys finish last because they were 0-6 :getin:

Black Lighter posted:

Somehow the Titans wind up winning the division

Nah, next in line is the Cardinals as a former NFC East team, and since they did the lords work by beating Dallas last year.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
gently caress, I wanted to make the cardinals joke

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Asproigerosis posted:

gently caress, I wanted to make the cardinals joke

“The Cardinals Joke” is their entire history except for those few years under Don Coryell, the 1998 season, the 2~ good Kurt Warner years, the brief Bruce Arians/Carson Palmer run (Excepting the 6-6 tie against the Seahawks on SNF that I’m pretty sure was in those years, that was comedy gold!), and I’ll throw in Josh Dobbs beating the Cowboys last year.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Cartoon Man posted:

https://x.com/AdamSchefter/status/1770165508433977496?s=20

Good luck with that. He had a bad lingering issue in his second and third year, you never knew if he was gonna start week to week.

Name a bigger draft bust in the last 5 years.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

davecrazy posted:

This may be the rare moment you can say Bryce is bigger than someone else

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

davecrazy posted:

I said it before, he’s a bust in the sense that he never lived up to his draft hype and spot he was taken. But he’s still playing and signing $13M contracts so how much of a bust can he really be?

(Doesn’t mean I want him back though…)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Easily Trey lance

Right ?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

davecrazy posted:

Zach Wilson?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://x.com/AlbertBreer/status/1770470291220623369?s=20

That makes a hell of a lot more sense now.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://x.com/SaintWah/status/1770521656273912258?s=20
”Save me! Please! Whatever it takes!”

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I don't think Chase busted so much as had a ton of injuries that sapped his explosiveness.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Jaylon Smith was a much bigger bust I think

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I think euph is right that Lance is the biggest bust since like Trent Richardson (part of bust status is perception so while someone like Eric Flowers or Okudah might have disappointed more relative to their talent I think the renown of Richardson's bust status is higher)

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

nah Caleb Williams is going to be a bust. Quote me when he is benched.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

fartknocker posted:

This may be the rare moment you can say Bryce is bigger than someone else

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Doltos posted:

I don't think Chase busted so much as had a ton of injuries that sapped his explosiveness.

That’s a cop out. You could say the same thing about Ki-Jana Carter or Blair Thomas.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Daltos I think you'd know as well as anyone, has a DL coach ever gone on to become a good DC? I heard someone on a radio show/podcast talking about the Dolphins and talking about Anthony Weaver said DL guys elevated to DC never succeed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

indigi posted:

Daltos I think you'd know as well as anyone, has a DL coach ever gone on to become a good DC? I heard someone on a radio show/podcast talking about the Dolphins and talking about Anthony Weaver said DL guys elevated to DC never succeed

Marinelli was a good DC in Chicago and Tampa if I recall, and he started as a D Line guy