Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

Really feeling like trump is already in the process of being dumped by the powerful forces that got him elected the first time. Russia has bigger poo poo to worry about than propping trump up, and he's doing them no favors by being this utterly insane idiot. His brain is melting. He's not a sound investment. You think some Russian oligarch money couldn't easily be funneled to pay his bond if they really wanted to?

I think as an asset to the far right he's run out of the juice they want. He's an old man. Putin would have really loved to get us to drop out of nato and gently caress over the entire world, but he didn't quite get there. He still got enough. I don't know. I'm curious to see if these awful primary results scare off the last trace of his support behind closed doors. He'll still have his cult, but even that seems to be weakening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Data Graham posted:

Can you imagine being just some rando working for the Trump Org? Like a secretary or a middle manager or something.

"Hey team, our company and its owner have just been found guilty of massive financial fraud and they're fining him all his money and taking away all his buildings. Uh, just FYI.

...OK on another note, who's been leaving leftover fish in the fridge"

Boss man

That fridge is being used by Trump tower grill

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Mr. Nice! posted:

I dug a bit into the "FL canceled dem primary so blue cities flipped red" claim. This is not exactly correct. The overwhelming majority of FL had nothing to vote on except presidential preference. Palm Beach County, whose supervisor of elections was appointed by DeSantis after he unilaterally removed the democratically elected person running the vote, scheduled their municipal votes for the same day, and may not have distributed any information to anyone about the vote happening. I have seen posts that people registered as democratic in the county did not receive sample ballots or ballot guides that are required to be sent.

DeSantis appointed Supervisor of Elections WORKING HARD!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Also lmao trump tower has a Michelin starred restaurant

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Jeremor posted:

You think some Russian oligarch money couldn't easily be funneled to pay his bond if they really wanted to?

probably not lol everyone is watching that kinda poo poo now and i feel like a lot of their assets overseas are either frozen or closely monitored

russians didnt spend that much money in america undoing america's democracy. people would be surprised how cheap it is/was to buy the republican party. i think i remember ted cruz's vote on net neutrality costing like $1000 or something

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Data Graham posted:

Can you imagine being just some rando working for the Trump Org? Like a secretary or a middle manager or something.

"Hey team, our company and its owner have just been found guilty of massive financial fraud and they're fining him all his money and taking away all his buildings. Uh, just FYI.

...OK on another note, who's been leaving leftover fish in the fridge"

Maybe trump can't get a bond because he's still using the fraudulent financial assessments because there's nobody in his org willing to make a new one with his fake numbers because the last guy who did went to jail.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".
Guess which kaiju turned 18 today

Only registered members can see post attachments!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
https://twitter.com/charliekirk11/status/1770470553641771343

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
My money's on him declaring bankruptcy. He's done it before and I don't think he's afraid to do it again.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Three Olives posted:

https://nypost.com/2024/03/20/business/donald-trump-may-not-pay-bond-and-instead-let-letitia-james-seize-trump-tower-insiders/

The source is 100% John Barron. No one on early but Trump says things like "Even if there is a taking", that is 100% a direct quote of Trump.

:hmbol:

He's going to take a state fraud case to the SC?

Lmao no one tells this guy no, not even lawyers

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Three Olives posted:

NY AG has responded to Trump's request for a stay without posting bond:

https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/nyscef/ViewDocument?docIndex=Kq960NGWVdy_PLUS_WWQRy/2iNg==

It's basically the people that are claiming that he can't get one have conflicts of interest and testified in the prior case and found to be liar liars. Also it's bullshit that he can't get a bond that high, notes even higher bonds have been secured several times and that it doesn't have to be one bond, he can post multiple bonds.

And then they twist the knife...

Trump can't get bond because he is still trying to do fraud about the value of his real estate :lol:

lol he gonna be so mad once someone explains it to him that they just called him poor again.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

jokes posted:

probably not lol everyone is watching that kinda poo poo now and i feel like a lot of their assets overseas are either frozen or closely monitored

russians didnt spend that much money in america undoing america's democracy. people would be surprised how cheap it is/was to buy the republican party. i think i remember ted cruz's vote on net neutrality costing like $1000 or something

russian dark money is way over stated and users here and in some places really want to jump at shadows and find a smoking russian gun.

its always been troll farms selling messages that america wants.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Froghammer posted:

My money's on him declaring bankruptcy. He's done it before and I don't think he's afraid to do it again.

That’s the ART OF THE DEAL, BAY BEE!!!!!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

Also lmao trump tower has a Michelin starred restaurant

How's the taco bowl there?

Froghammer posted:

I think it's too late for that to do anything more than buy him a couple of weeks. He's also got the government man sitting in his office making sure he can't do financial shenanigans which means no bankruptcy fraud.

Also, it will really do damage to his electability. His cultists will continue going, "WITCH HUNT!!" but everyone else is going to be holding it against him.

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Mar 20, 2024

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

PhazonLink posted:

russian dark money is way over stated and users here and in some places really want to jump at shadows and find a smoking russian gun.

Not just that,

We found out from Ukraine that the Russian "trolls" are just true believers who ideologically agree with American chuds and huff their own farts

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Nussy, Nulva, Noochie, Nagina.

Wait why didn't we land on Nagina:yooge:? It actually sounds like something Trompf would say.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

:lol::lol::lol:

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

greatBigJerk posted:

The point here is that cops use these laws to target people of colour in the same way US cops do.

I'm not saying that it's dumb to enforce the law. I'm saying that Canada's pot laws don't magically stop cops from being racist pricks.

This is what I picked up.

Its one of the reasons I don't think pot will ever be federally legal here. It is the "constitutional" stop and frisk often based only on a dog's antics and the dogs
are extremely susceptible to their handlers intentions/ desires of searching a car.

We also have a problem here I don't know if you have in Canada. Quite a bit of the time advancement in the ranks of the police, especially into cushy narcotics jobs depends on seizures and arrests. There are a non zero number of chances that evidence has been planted.

Another problem is we have the civil asset forfeiture. A cop can pull someone over, claim they smell canabis, and then seize any money above 10k I believe it is apropos of nothing but the cops intuition. Georgia is terrible for this. They seize cars, they seize money, they seize other property. Even if no crime is found you actually have to take the cops to court to get your property and this can total lawyers fees higher than the value of the property. This problem also ties in the statement above this one. This is supposed to target white collar criminals but is used by highway patrol to gently caress people's lives over. At least here in FL you have to actually have been charged with a crime and not just go by some gut feeling from some rear end in a top hat whether they take your property or not.

This all off the olfactory capabilities of street pirates that spend the majority of their time harassing motorists for driving slightly above speed or slightly below speed.

For Content: I find it extremely troubling that so many people are willing to vote for Trump still. It just means the GOP has done such a great job of making it look like this is all politically motivated. I constantly think how much this poo poo with an impeachment hearing, and Comer has to do with this.

My hope is this is just primary and when the election happens it will be a blowout. Otherwise we are hosed as a country worse than originally thought.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

weg posted:

It's hidden under the lowest turtle.

:lol::lol::lol:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

TulliusCicero posted:

Not just that,

We found out from Ukraine that the Russian "trolls" are just true believers who ideologically agree with American chuds and huff their own farts

if thats the case then, lol at russian antmans. but iirc they post local russian day time so they have greater work-life balance/respect for themselves than the og antman

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

PhazonLink posted:

yeah lol -- russia enslaved a bunch of teenagers to post on the internet about how russia definitely has a lot of money and how good trump is and how great nazis are and then those teenagers grew up and were forced to the frontlines to do real-life nazi poo poo, where trump wont help them and russia doesnt have the money to feed/arm them

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Chuck-K asking the real questions

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

https://www.ajc.com/politics/breaking-fulton-judge-allows-trump-others-to-appeal-fani-willis-removal-ruling/Z7NZGYJVXRDGDFEBMCWPSTBIEQ/

i am curious if the appeals court lets it happen or tells him to screw.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

PhazonLink posted:

I don't disagree that it's still good old homegrown American fascism that is to blame for this mess, but you have to give some credit to Russian intelligence for the truly staggering success they had in getting an asset into the presidency for 4 years. They've been massaging this whole thing with troll farms for a long time, true, but its no mistake that trump has been surrounded by people with ties to Russian intelligence since day one. People around him are constantly going to prison for it.

I think we're too quick to write things off as just stupid trump lol and America is bad lol and not ask how the gently caress did it actually happen?

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Lifespan posted:

The BBC posted a good, no filler summary of Trump's options: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-68609685

TLDR unless a court decides he doesn't have to pay yet (unlikely), his options are:
-Court compromises, though they already turned down the $100m offer
-Somehow find the cash (he doesn't have it, you can tell because he can't get a bond)
-Declare bankruptcy meaning they can't seize his stuff during appeal
-NY can seize whatever they want, including Mar-a-Lago, to make up the total, but they won't sell those assets until after appeal

:lol: @ Trump, a 'billionaire', declaring bankruptcy. At least two of his fans will take a look at what he said he's worth, hear him whine about unfair Democrats, and have their Kujan Kobayashi moment.

Random Stranger posted:

Technically, New York can start locking the doors on Trump building and offices Monday morning and then two weeks from today have it on the auction block.

I don't think this can happen. I would assume sooner sort of paperwork would have to be filed at least to show intent to do so. I don't know for sure though.

What I hope is that the state has had Independent appraisers already looking into the value of his properties and accountants checking the books.

I'm sure the real values of the properties were stated in court, but I assume they'd want another look.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://x.com/acyn/status/1770480139089973590?s=46&t=0hs33BGIDTDY2j_qH8YRBg

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Jeremor posted:

I don't disagree that it's still good old homegrown American fascism that is to blame for this mess, but you have to give some credit to Russian intelligence for the truly staggering success they had in getting an asset into the presidency for 4 years. They've been massaging this whole thing with troll farms for a long time, true, but its no mistake that trump has been surrounded by people with ties to Russian intelligence since day one. People around him are constantly going to prison for it.

I think we're too quick to write things off as just stupid trump lol and America is bad lol and not ask how the gently caress did it actually happen?

Yes, and

Like they were both extremely successful at infiltrating right wing online American infospheres, and it's because they already had the same world view as the chuds in the first place.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

PhazonLink posted:

this. russia is good at feeding the fringes of politics what they want to hear and then getting them to muddy the waters. the issue is the Fringe of the GOP is in charge of the party so they freely repeate russian made up bullshit because either they believe that russia is godly city on a hill OR they get cash/other stuff.

DemihumanResources
Apr 16, 2019

Just let me frob some dang bits already

Civil posted:

Guess which kaiju turned 18 today

Sadly going to probably miss out on the same criminal opportunities his brothers had.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

...Is this happening in a Republican controlled hearing?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

TulliusCicero posted:

They are so good at this, lmfao

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Jeremor posted:

When you run a cult that deifies authoritarianism, downplays critical thought, and extols bigotry you’re creating an opportunity for anyone to quickly take over that cult who can play to those core beliefs better than you

Throw in the fact that the dumbest Americans— the core group of the GOP— have been trained to believe anything anyone who doesn’t identify as a democrat tells them and the fact that they are new to the internet means if you have anyone with 10,000 bots/slaves posting a narrative you can just take over the GOP. Which is exactly what happened.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

weg posted:

It's hidden under the lowest turtle.

Someone with photoshop access please do the needful

fishing with the fam posted:

Worked the Illinois primary election yesterday and it was really drat slow. Most people come on through and just say "Democratic" or "Republican" calmly when asked what ballot style they would like. But without fail, if the person was being loud and obnoxious they would be asking for a Republican ballot. Every. Single. One.
Whining to poll workers about not being able to afford to fill up your truck in Biden's America isn't going to make gas any cheaper.
Nobody there cares how loudly you gripe about voter ID laws.

High probability these same guys think republicans are simple humble people just trying to quietly live their lives, and when they leave the polling place they’ll get in their trump-stickered lifted pickup with a 10-foot flags on it and roll coal on their way home to complain on patriots.win about obnoxious degenerate liberals shoving their lifestyle down our throats.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

TulliusCicero posted:

I think KS has been drifting purple based on past results

I also think the GOP so utterly poo poo the bed in that state for a decade that people are pissed.

As a lifelong midwesterner, Kansas and Missouri have this weird dichotomy where they will often vote in absolutely monstrous leadership (Brownback, Hawley) with enthusiasm and then do referendums to strike down GOP policies like Right to Work and and vote for legal weed and abortion.

It’s such a strange thing to see happen when states say “we love the GOP but will actively rally against many of their staunchest policies”.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://x.com/acyn/status/1770482979321581600?s=46&t=0hs33BGIDTDY2j_qH8YRBg

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

TulliusCicero posted:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1770471146330214781
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1770476316262813882

the thing is the GOP has nothing on biden with corruption or etc and the nutjobs arnt creative enough to make stuff up that sounds plausable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

"President Crimes asked me to do the crimes you see. Because of the crimes." "Hmm, but was he aware of it?" "Oh yes, absolutely, he told me to do all the crimes."