Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/leloveluck/status/1770392783095726373

every single thing i read reinforces the legal and ethical obligation one has to not support this demented genocidal piece of dogshit garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
"'A huge mess': The IDF used explosives from 1953 and shells marked 'for training only' in Gaza"

https://twitter.com/avischarf/status/1770302165929611582?t=ReLIyOF2xjjI9jP-BU6kfA&s=19

:psyduck:

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Sancho Banana posted:

"'A huge mess': The IDF used explosives from 1953 and shells marked 'for training only' in Gaza"

saves on disposal cost

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
That's called OJT

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Sancho Banana posted:

https://twitter.com/avischarf/status/1770302165929611582?t=ReLIyOF2xjjI9jP-BU6kfA&s=19

wow maybe we can find biden's signature on some of them, collectors items!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/RighteousTyrant/status/1770461957671534804?s=20

quote:

While the evil of Nazism is an abstraction in the movie, out of sight and out of mind, viewers are invited to identify with the daily life of the family Höss. The lush images of the film convey an idyllic family life, with an immaculately clean house and bountiful garden. The Nazis loved their children and their pets. They played the piano.

Glazer has explained that his goal was to show that the perpetrators of the Holocaust were not monsters but humans, just like us. It could have happened anywhere: to anyone, by anyone. Viewers are invited to consider that as we go about our mundane lives, evil is taking place somewhere behind a wall, which we chose not to look over.

But the whole idea of making a Nazi pastoral film is historically misleading and frankly offensive. As Israeli film critic Avner Shavit has pointed out, Glazer has managed to make a film about the Holocaust in which we never see any Jews.

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 17:25 on Mar 20, 2024

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
just like us

im always casually reminding my slaves that i can condemn them to death on a whim as they chop tomatoes fertilized by the ashes of my other victims

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 has issued a correction as of 17:29 on Mar 20, 2024

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

speng31b posted:

just a reminder that directly quoting d&d or other subs without syqs is still against the cspam rules for legacy reasons that are kinda silly. that ban (and the reason in particular) is some galaxy brained stuff for sure, but if you want to take it up with someone I'd recommend PMing an admin, or Jeff, use the admin email, make the sad thread, or just blow off steam about it in some other thread with a less important subject matter. cspam P/I doesn't need to become the bad d&d mod decision spillover zone.

this

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

just like us

im always casually reminding my slaves that i can condemn them to death on a whim as they chop tomatoes fertilized by the ashes of my other victims

elsewhere in the review he says the Jews are "out of mind," betraying that he hasn't actually watched the movie.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sancho Banana posted:

So they really are running out of weapons to use in their genocide.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

My cousin is in SAG and every time they add names I'm refreshing this to make sure she isn't on it lol

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

elsewhere in the review he says the Jews are "out of mind," betraying that he hasn't actually watched the movie.

I doubt he cares about the movie at all. he only cares about the speech

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

The most blatant part of all this is that this movie was released in December. It got a wide release in February. It is very clearly payback, and it is very clearly them shopping around to find someone to say the movie is antisemitic.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

fyi this guy did an amazing series on the german social democratic betrayal of the revolution which led to the nazis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP5VQClZlOg

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

joepinetree posted:

The most blatant part of all this is that this movie was released in December. It got a wide release in February. It is very clearly payback, and it is very clearly them shopping around to find someone to say the movie is antisemitic.

zionists realized they identify more with the nazis than the victims, and now theyre mad

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

I said come in! posted:

So they really are running out of weapons to use in their genocide.

don't think it works that way

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

The Zone of Interest is a movie about how privileged people will keep living their lives while others are murdered a short distance away. They could try to stop it from happening, but they won't, because the truth is they're glad those other people are dying.

It's important to not try to relate this movie to any current events

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

crepeface posted:

fyi this guy did an amazing series on the german social democratic betrayal of the revolution which led to the nazis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP5VQClZlOg

gently caress the SPD forever. Find out more reasons than you could imagine why in this video.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Orange Devil posted:

gently caress the SPD forever.

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS
there's a movie with branagh and tucci called conspiracy about the wannsee conference and it's one of the most horrifying films I've ever seen. not being tethered to an emotional or sympathetic core creates space to explore the mechanical, yet entirely human brutality of the subject.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

boo boo bear posted:

there's a movie with branagh and tucci called conspiracy about the wannsee conference and it's one of the most horrifying films I've ever seen. not being tethered to an emotional or sympathetic core creates space to explore the mechanical, yet entirely human brutality of the subject.

It's incredible. My wife half-overhead me watching and asked why I was watching the West Wing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKwvA8ns9wo

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

mcmagic posted:

My cousin is in SAG and every time they add names I'm refreshing this to make sure she isn't on it lol

you can always add her to it, then you won't have to keep checking

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Al! posted:

zionists realized they identify more with the nazis than the victims, and now theyre mad

like that IDF lady who posed with palestinian abductees and said something like, "i wont let anyone ruin my perfect life" which is very close to what frau hoss said to her husband when he told her they would have to move

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Its real funny he takes offense at this when it sounds like hes a professor in Rehabilitating Nazis for Ukraine and and the Baltics

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

KomradeX posted:

Its real funny he takes offense at this when it sounds like hes a professor in Rehabilitating Nazis for Ukraine and and the Baltics

That's literally what that is (not a joke)

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Chamale posted:

The Zone of Interest is a movie about how privileged people will keep living their lives while others are murdered a short distance away. They could try to stop it from happening, but they won't, because the truth is they're glad those other people are dying.

It's important to not try to relate this movie to any current events

The movie is about the commandant of Auschwitz. It's literally about the perpetrators. They're not just choosing to do nothing, Hoss keeps his domestic life separate from his job, but you can hear all the sounds of the death camp coming from over the barrier wall.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

I know Bertrand de Franqueville by reputation, and (my impression of) his entire career is writing hagiography of Ukrainian nationalism over at Ottawa U.

Also, Christ! These papers have bone chilling titles lmao
The calmest hitlers working out why banning the Russian language is pluralistic

DJJIB-DJDCT has issued a correction as of 18:57 on Mar 20, 2024

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Zionist grammar not much better, jfc

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

It's incredible. My wife half-overhead me watching and asked why I was watching the West Wing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKwvA8ns9wo

Conspiracy is a fantastic film. I like how every character represented a different type of guy in the nazi party.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Not just in the party. We all work with those kinds of guys, and you can see if their efforts were directed towards Sonderbehandlung reports instead of TPS reports, they would pretty much carry on the same way. Juice their metrics, tout their successes, try to stake out the jurisdiction of their departments etc.

Israel has soy gay nazis tiktoking their way though genocide because that's their national culture. We would, and have historically, carry out genocide in the same way as our national working culture.

DJJIB-DJDCT has issued a correction as of 19:05 on Mar 20, 2024

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Also the best part is when someone rhetorically asks who here is a lawyer and everyone raises their hands, including the ss death squad commandos

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
if the idf is just roaming gaza executing anyone they can find including their own doesnt that make them a death squad?

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Al! posted:

if the idf is just roaming gaza executing anyone they can find including their own doesnt that make them a death squad?

We have mythologized the Holocaust by Bullets and Jewish particularism, due to Cold War politics dictating Soviet victims should be ignored, to the point where if a group is not self-styled as Einsatzgruppen, they'll never be recognized that way. Nevermind that Einsatzgruppen and Sonderbehandlung were themselves euphemisms.

Nobody calls themselves a "death squad". They're a task force, or special program, or a security service.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

I should point out that upper class British guys making the "Are we the baddies" sketch did themselves a disservice, though it's very funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToKcmnrE5oY

You see, they overlooked the 17th Lancers. The prestigious cavalry regiment that charged with the Light Brigade, was sent to India to put down the Mutiny, was rushed to Natal Colony for service in the Anglo-Zulu War, recovered the colours of the 24th (2nd Warwickshire) Regiment of Foot after Isandlwana.

Now, I don't know what you all know about Sir Garnet's campaign to "teach the (beep) a lesson" in India in 1858, or what the British Army got up to in Zululand, but I'll draw your attention to this feature of the 17th,

:thunk:

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Given how many people die by missile and shell, I assume a movie trying to capture the banality of evil of this genocide would be about logistics at an airfield or missile base or something, with most of the same detachment from the consequences of their day to day action. Now that famine's set in, the direct relationship between actions and deaths becomes even more abstract - whoever's writing the border crossing policies that keep most aid trucks from passing through will probably be the person in the occupation whose individual actions have killed the most people.

The loving vultures holding meetings about what to do with Rafah where they float ideas like "humanitarian islands" are engaged in the same sort of institutional reasoning for sure.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

i'll eat my 6'er if this is too navelgaze e/n, but i found it funny. couldn't make this up if i tried:

my kid (who clearly is exposed to too many of my podcasts) is telling me about this dipshit at their grade school.

"he picks fights with a bunch of kids like every other day and says he's going to kick the other kids' rear end, but he loses every single time. whenever he does, he goes crying to the teacher saying the other kid hurt him even though there's ten kids behind him saying he started it and he's lying. plus he's super pro-america and a zile-ist."
"a what, buddy?"
"zile-ist? like when you really like israel? he says what they're doing is good, i said he's dumb and shouldn't say that at school."

Dolash posted:

The loving vultures holding meetings about what to do with Rafah where they float ideas like "humanitarian islands" are engaged in the same sort of institutional reasoning for sure.

there is absolutely a movie to be made that ocassionally cuts away to the le epic bacon win sailors on their supercarrier acting like nautical death camp guards with their cookie bakes and funko pops

Owlbear Camus has issued a correction as of 19:23 on Mar 20, 2024

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I haven't watched Conspiracy since college so I should probably do it again, since I don't really have the stomach to try watching Zone of Interest. Following Gaza is enough horror in my life.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I haven't watched Conspiracy since college so I should probably do it again, since I don't really have the stomach to try watching Zone of Interest. Following Gaza is enough horror in my life.

it's a harrowing movie and anyone who says it's trivializing to the holocaust or glorifying/exonerating to hoss hasn't seen it and/or is pushing a dumb agenda because of his (honestly pretty mild) acceptance speech.

the juxtaposition of death camp sounds over the wall against the banality of their tacky little domesticity sounds like a gimmick on paper but its unbelievably gut-wrenchingly effective

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Owlbear Camus posted:

i'll eat my 6'er if this is too navelgaze e/n, but i found it funny. couldn't make this up if i tried:

my kid (who clearly is exposed to too many of my podcasts) is telling me about this dipshit at their grade school.

"he picks fights with a bunch of kids like every other day and says he's going to kick the other kids' rear end, but he loses every single time. whenever he does, he goes crying to the teacher saying the other kid hurt him even though there's ten kids behind him saying he started it and he's lying. plus he's super pro-america and a zile-ist."
"a what, buddy?"
"zile-ist? like when you really like israel? he says what they're doing is good, i said he's dumb and shouldn't say that at school."

there is absolutely a movie to be made that ocassionally cuts away to the le epic bacon win sailors on their supercarrier acting like nautical death camp guards with their cookie bakes and funko pops

This is why homeschooling should be illegal. These are the lessons that children of dumbass parents need to learn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

That's literally what that is (not a joke)

I figured as such. Like its utterly insane.