Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

So will Letitia James start seizing property first thing Monday morning?

depends on trump's lottery ticket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Junk posted:

442M counting what's in that gofundme. what a cinch

By the seventh day trump had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

they're going to be selling the office furniture by next month

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

If I ever visit New York City, one of the places I'm gonna be sure to take a selfie out in front of is Letitia James Tower on 5th Avenue.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

The picture of this with Obama's ghostly head laughing in it was one of the best LOLs of the 2020 election season.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

NPR has a piece on this but it's not very detailed. Still:

https://www.npr.org/2024/03/19/1239524037/heres-what-happens-if-trump-cant-pay-his-454-million-bond

NPR posted:

Can Trump be forced to pay up?

James can begin enforcement of the judgment immediately after the 30-day grace period expires next week, says Pollock. And there are several devices she can use to try to get him to pay.

For one, he says, she could serve Trump a restraining notice that would restrict his spending in other areas until he pays his bond.

"The restraining notice would say: 'Don't spend money, don't fill up your jet at the pump, until you pay the state of New York, or you'll be held in contempt of court,' " Pollock says. "And my impression is that ... Engoran, the judge here in New York, would be quick to hold him in contempt of court."

He says it's theoretically possible that James' could consider settling, especially if Trump were to write a check for something like $250 million. But short of that, he doesn't see any reason for her to proactively lower his bond, especially since she has the tools to go into banks and drain his accounts.

"The entire trial was effectively a roadmap to his financial assets," Pollock adds. "She can now send out a sheriff or a marshal of the city of New York to go walk into a financial institution holding what's known as an execution and empty his bank account short of $3,000, which is the statutory floor."

Pollock acknowledges that Trump has said he doesn't have $450 million in cash. But if he wants to stave off enforcement, "he needs to find a way to raise it."

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

cr0y posted:

Remember when I think Tim Pool predicted that turnp was going to win all 50 states in 2020.

Lol

Tim pool is a dweeb and I want to give him a noogie

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Team Trump is asking the judge for more time. James is asking the judge to tell Trump to gently caress off. Dunno when that gets resolved.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
trump campaign + RNC + save america + MAGA has about 48 million total

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Nelson Mandingo posted:

The picture of this with Obama's ghostly head laughing in it was one of the best LOLs of the 2020 election season.

Lol yeah that was a good one, wish I'd saved it

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Another funny Trump moment: when he told the grieving widow of a soldier killed in Niger(?) in some botched operation, “Welp! He knew what he signed up for!”

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Post itt everytime you lol that the RNC is more broke than Donald Trump

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

wtf is Telegram?

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

OldMemes posted:

Reminder this all started because Trump melted down over Obama making a light hearted zinger about him at a dinner once was black.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

credburn posted:

wtf is Telegram?

Know Whatsapp? Same same but different.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

TulliusCicero posted:

Post itt everytime you lol that the RNC is more broke than Donald Trump

False. The RNC has $11 million. Trump has negative monies. :lol:

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".
He's struggling to put up a bond, but in all likelihood, the judgments will just be upheld. LOL on both ends.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

He mad

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

mobby_6kl posted:

Know Whatsapp? Same same but different. Russian

Ftfy

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

quote:

The House Freedom Caucus voted to remove Rep. Ken Buck (R-Colo.) from the group Tuesday night, three members of the conservative group told The Hill, a dismissal that comes days before he is set to retire from Congress. Buck — who has frequently broken from his party on various issues — was removed because “he hasn’t been with conservatives on several major issues” and “is leaving the conference hanging with a historically narrow margin.”

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I'm trying to find it, I need its lol energy

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Stink Billyums posted:

trump campaign + RNC + save america + MAGA has about 48 million total

As a professional estate guy trump knows that only suckers put down 20% 10%

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Can the RNC even afford to hold their convention?

Renting out a giant stadium can't be cheap

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

The guy who is quitting in a week?

Yeah… that’ll show him. :jerkbag:

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

I'm still going with him declaring bankruptcy. I refuse to hope for consequences.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

OldMemes posted:

Reminder this all started because Trump melted down over Obama making a light hearted zinger about him at a dinner once.

And Obama rose to the national stage on a Senate campaign largely enabled by the Borg Lady from Star Trek's marriage

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1770536527883391434

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Trump's own-goal of becoming president is the biggest lol ever

never would have gone broke if he hadn't drawn all that attention

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Dr.Smasher posted:

I asked this question a month or two ago… did they already pay for the convention, or is there the very real possibility that they won’t have the money this summer? :lmao:

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Powershift posted:

Person, woman, man, camera, TV

stormy, vanky, jizz, tellytelly, shark week

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Dr.Smasher posted:

RNC can happen at Mar al Lago, the owner will give them a very good deal, not at all inflated to line his own pockets

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

HOW IS THIS NOT CRIMINAL!?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

The “funny” part about all of this is that they are going to rapidly discover that the screeching poo poo flingers are hard to elect except in deep flyover country.

Bob voyage, fuckos!

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

I don't think him having to liquidate assets hurts him in the general. The NeverTrumpers already hate him and his cult is a cult, so it will just play into their white victimhood complexes.

What's absolutely bonkers is expecting other billionaires, even billionaires that stand to profit from him being the president again, to give him half a billion dollars in liquid capital just because he'd like it. That's wild thinking.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
wasn't lev parnas caught at the airport with a one way ticket with another guy? i remember it was kind of a big deal when it happened

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Trying to buy Greenland

Cornwind Evil posted:

The worst thing about COVID deaths in America is I honestly think the deaths wouldn't have been reduced by a GIANT amount if a few zigs had zagged and Hilary was in the White House instead. It would have just been "gently caress what that evil bitch says I'm not listening" instead of "The strong daddy emperor tells us what to do so we will."

In the end, the large COVID death toll's main root is laziness, selfishness, and spite, and that would have been alive, well, and probably still seething, maybe even worse so, if Trump had not won the White House. Though I suspect Hilary wouldn't have caught it.

A weird alternate universe: Hilary did catch it, and went to go debate Trump and gave it to him because he can't respect women and their personal space (this is assuming that he'd be running again in 2020 for one reason or another instead of having fully hosed off to make Trump TV).

---

Really though, the fact that Trump caught COVID and survived, and the posted once again pictures of Trump looking at the eclipse, just reminds me why the doomering just refuses to go away. You'll get statistical anomalies every now and then, sometimes severe ones, but eventually the law of averages re-asserts itself. But sometimes, even THAT doesn't happen. Look at Timothy Dexter, or Joshua Norton, whose 'harmless insanity' should have ended with him dying in a ditch years and years before he actually did die, and forgotten instead of thousands of people attending his funeral (hell his Wikipedia article actually lists him as EMPEROR NORTON, FFS).

Trump is basically the evil version of that. He should have crashed and burned and been left in ruins, never to rise again, time after time after time. He failed at everything yet stuff kept being given to him. Through sheer luck and the circumstances of the wealthy and a complete and total utter lack of shame, he just kept flipping off the law of averages. It culminated in him being elected President of the United States. And then it KEPT HAPPENING. Trump catches the pandemic disease he's made worse, he's never been in good health, yeah he had the very best medical care beyond what 99.99 percent of the planet could have, but he didn't die, he didn't end up in a wheelchair on oxygen, he didn't suffer any real severe OBVIOUS consequences for the disease he downplayed and ignored, just like yeah he looked at the eclipse, ha ha what a moron, but he didn't get eye damage, he didn't suffer proper THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU STICK YOUR HAND IN A FIRE consequences. I don't blame people for just not being able to drop the idea that he'll get away with it again, that he'll win again, that the world will go to even more absolute hell, because eventually you just start thinking that this isn't a case of the law of averages taking its sweet time, but that you're looking at someone who simply will never be touched by them. You can't say for certain which is the case until the law of averages DOES assert itself.

Schrodinger's Jackass, basically.

The thing that always gets me is that any ONE of the horrifically :wtf: things Trump did would have sunk the career of any prior politician, for good. Or would have dogged them for decades, like the "potatoe" thing or "watch this drive".

Trump did THOUSANDS of those things, just piling them up, stacking them like pillows in a giant pillow fort. By the time you finished going :stonklol: about one thing he had gone on to do six more, all more egregious than anything we could imagine any president ever doing before. And the news just sat there shell-shocked, not even bothering to report most of it.

None of these things felled him. Never mind him actually surviving covid or living this long on a diet of Big Macs, he should have been hurled bodily out of office in like the second week. After the inauguration thing. I've been in these threads since that loving night and I earnestly thought any day now, aaaaaaaany day now everything will come to a head and the whole house of cards will just implode spectacularly. But he just kept ... loving ... going.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Nelson Mandingo posted:

weg posted:

I'm trying to find it, I need its lol energy

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Data Graham posted:

Trying to buy Greenland

The thing that always gets me is that any ONE of the horrifically :wtf: things Trump did would have sunk the career of any prior politician, for good. Or would have dogged them for decades, like the "potatoe" thing or "watch this drive".

Trump did THOUSANDS of those things, just piling them up, stacking them like pillows in a giant pillow fort. By the time you finished going :stonklol: about one thing he had gone on to do six more, all more egregious than anything we could imagine any president ever doing before. And the news just sat there shell-shocked, not even bothering to report most of it.

None of these things felled him. Never mind him actually surviving covid or living this long on a diet of Big Macs, he should have been hurled bodily out of office in like the second week. After the inauguration thing. I've been in these threads since that loving night and I earnestly thought any day now, aaaaaaaany day now everything will come to a head and the whole house of cards will just implode spectacularly. But he just kept ... loving ... going.

One of the worst was probably the "grab 'em by the pussy" thing and I thought for sure that would torpedo his candidacy but :lmao:

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Bless you. You're doing gods work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Oscar Wild posted:

By the seventh day trump had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work.

On the eighth day machine just got upset
A problem man had never seen as yet
No time for flight, a blinding light
And nothing but a void, forever night

He said: Behold what man has done
There's not a world for anyone
Nobody laughed, nobody cried
World's at an end, everyone has died
Forever amen (amen), amen (amen), amen (amen)

(Hazel O’Connor, 1980)

Stoatbringer fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Mar 21, 2024