Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Wow, cantrips got pretty nerfed this update. I guess they were insanely strong, but they were my crutch.

Some starter classes are just so much worse than others. Getting scoundrel, meddler, and/or hoarder is just painful. I basically hope I can change them asap or just beat a few level to reset the group. I'm trying to do a loot run and I just want some character that can actually attack or not kill me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
Dunno if anyone mentioned it yet, but I got an iPhone and the nub at the top covers some of the UI in portrait mode.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
btw if you wanna sell more copies on Steam you have to implement cheevos

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

the slicing in the update is fine, but the dice move really slow now in portrait mode

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
4x housecat runs in custom is a good way to see some really silly stuff.

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Jedit posted:

Got bad news for you, Tann - the itch.io version of the game is now completely non-functional. It won't run, it won't update, and even a fresh install won't install.

Oops. Are you using the app? Have you tried downloading the files from the website?

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
Is there a way to lock it to landscape mode? portrait mode sucks and I can't find it in the options.

Loddfafnir
Mar 27, 2021

Tann posted:

Oops. Are you using the app? Have you tried downloading the files from the website?

The files from the website work just fine, but the install from the itch launcher fails indeed.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

This is a download and instant full game unlock for my iPad :hellyeah:

Mr.PayDay fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Mar 20, 2024

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

Kris xK posted:

Omfg you added portrait mode you loving madman I love you
also

poemdexter posted:

Dunno if anyone mentioned it yet, but I got an iPhone and the nub at the top covers some of the UI in portrait mode.

I beat the tutorial and even that had me swinging back and forth from being sure I was doomed to cackling at my tactical swath of destruction. Got it on Steam too even though I'm sure I'll play 99% of the time on my phone, but it'd probably be solid on the Deck too.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Man, green heroes are some WACKY poo poo. Most of them are like, barely usable gimmicks but they're very funny.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

some of the ui stuff seems slightly off. Maybe I'm just missing something, but why are the heroes with randomly generated skillsets appearing when I just select normal mode?

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Vampire got buffed and Fey got Nerfed? Medic's spell is actually a downgrade to Healer now? What the gently caress?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

oh, i see whats going on. for some reason i dont have any red heroes unlocked at all? im assuming that isnt intentional

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
They get unlocked during the tutorial for some reason

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Endorph posted:

im assuming that isnt intentional

Oops, you get in a weird achievement state when migrating from 2->3 with enough wins I think. If you beat level 8 and unlock magic it becomes normal again I think.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tann posted:

Oops, you get in a weird achievement state when migrating from 2->3 with enough wins I think. If you beat level 8 and unlock magic it becomes normal again I think.

yea that fixed it

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Wow the Hand has a nasty new trick huh :gonk:

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Now With Fresh Citrus Scent!
So, I'm sad that the Wanderer lost the four use attack from his die. On the other hand, defy is an absurdly powerful keyword in so many situations.

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!
Is there a way to transfer my progress from Android to iOS?

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Just unlocked RAID mode.

https://i.imgur.com/q7s1KMv.mp4

Surely I won't get rolled by Hexia THIS time.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Classic mode starts me with 2 fighters, a thief and 2 defenders now. No healer or mage? Why?

Loddfafnir
Mar 27, 2021

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Classic mode starts me with 2 fighters, a thief and 2 defenders now. No healer or mage? Why?

Magic classes are unlocked after the 8th fight or something I think.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

I'm assuming it's to let new players get used to things a bit before throwing mana management into the mix.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Is there an option to speed up the dice rolling animation? I found the toggle for enemies but player side is still very slow.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Diephoon posted:

I'm assuming it's to let new players get used to things a bit before throwing mana management into the mix.

Oh so it like reset everything OK. I'm not new, just haven't played in a while

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Oh so it like reset everything OK. I'm not new, just haven't played in a while

Not quite, but it did redo the tutorial.

I beat the first fight and unlocked like, 100some odd achievements......

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Subjunctive posted:

I am seven pages into this hunger.

Almost 2 years later, it is time.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

The new "The Inevitable" boss seems rather overtuned, the only ideas I have for how that thing is ever killable is titan's bane potion or it being one of those runs where you stack an absurd amount of poison onto something.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Einwand posted:

The new "The Inevitable" boss seems rather overtuned, the only ideas I have for how that thing is ever killable is titan's bane potion or it being one of those runs where you stack an absurd amount of poison onto something.

I got this one on a generated run and had the "do 13 damage" spell as well as some silly shielding.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Einwand posted:

Really? It seemed considerably easier than the other final bosses. The defense seems like a doozy at first but its offense is drastically weaker than the rest. I'd think it would take an extreme glass cannon build to have any trouble with it.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

WarpedLichen posted:

Is there an option to speed up the dice rolling animation? I found the toggle for enemies but player side is still very slow.

it's faster in landscape than in portrait it seems

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

There's probably different sets of party colours that'd match up better against it, but my party had no aoe of note so the wisps weren't really clearable, and it just constantly spammed the double hit weaken attack, and the era means that pretty quickly its damage winds up impossible to tank through or cleanse.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
"War Machines" bgm is very Warcraft 2 vibes...

Quixzlizx
Jan 7, 2007
My first run was Classic/Normal, and in your first run you don't have red/blue heroes unlocked yet. I thought I was screwed against the dragon because I kept forgetting to take off the item that gives some max hp in exchange for immunity from shield, and he was targeted with a million damage on turn one and died. I had a Bash, and then a Paladin where I had a pair of items that resulted in the two right sides being 6 pip Heavy cantrips. My party being so heavy-focused (plus the suicidal barbarian with his pain attacks) was a real drag in the previous fights, but I murdered the dragon real fast despite the barb dying uselessly.

I had one grey hero who might be new to 3.0 because I can't find him by Googling (I think he was named Pilgrim or something like that), and he was the MVP for that run. Two sides of the "stun enemy with equal or less HP," one side to allow another hero to go again, and one side to stop a hero from dying for a turn (there were also two sides that gave a hero self-shield that I barely used). I took him all the way to the end despite being tier 2, and I almost skipped the upgrade to Valkyrie before the dragon fight because he had been so useful.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters
wondering if i should reset my save... how do you do that on phones?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I think the procgen blessing and curse picks need a bit of ironing out when they appear / point balancing.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Tunicate posted:

I think the procgen blessing and curse picks need a bit of ironing out when they appear / point balancing.

Curses have always been lower costed than the blessing equivalent, they sort of have to be for balance as you can build towards the blessings/away from the curses.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
I just had a realization...

This game could’ve been called “Dice and Slice” - it’s the actual order things happen in.

Anyway, 3.0 is tremendous; tactics, green heroes, and party format selection are very great additions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Now With Fresh Citrus Scent!
Maybe this is already in the update and I just haven't seen it yet, but I think it would be amusing to have a mode where the whole thing runs in reverse. You start with a fully leveled and equipped party, fighting the end boss, and you go backwards, de-leveling your characters and removing items as you go.

Loving the update so far. The new characters all seem entertaining. Pilgrim is probably an auto pick for me going forward. There are a few abilities that existing characters used to have that I'll miss a little, but not such that I'd trade the new content for them.