Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

Oh so you're the one we have to stand around waiting for that 380 to finish up for, huh?

For real though it's cool you run with all call ins, I don't think I could manage it.

Enjoy the show, helldivers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

It really feels like they've written themselves into a corner with the AMR and Railgun. Going to be real complicated trying to give them both a niche.

The solution I suppose would be to make the AMR have bad armor pen but a ton of damage, like one-shot Brood Commander damage. Leave the Railgun as dedicated anti-tank and leave the AMR for anti-medium, cleaning up Spewers and Devastators.

raverrn fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Mar 21, 2024

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
They could be different in handling too, AMR snappier but lower damage, rail gun something that needs a bit to settle which would synergize with the charge time. I don't use either so I can't really comment on how they are currently.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

LazyMaybe posted:

First off, shooting the front plate with of striders with the AMR is the worst way to kill them with it.
If you hit the legs or the waist, it only takes 2-3 shots to bring them down.

Secondly, AMR already can damage hulks. Specifically 2 AMR shots to a hulk's eye will break it and kill them.
It also can oneshot devestators if you headshot them.

No strong feelings wrt "should it be better against armored bugs", but it's already a good gun vs bots. The only bot enemies it doesn't kill well are tanks/turrets.

i didn't say it was a good way of killing them, i said it was something the machinegun couldn't do. the machinegun can pen the legs too and take them down fairly quickly, but bounces off the front plate. And, yeah, I know it can damage hulk weakspots but it ought to be able to damage them generally and I'm pretty sure it bounces off of everything but the head and the vent. As for devastators, yes, you can one-shot devastators with a headshot. For about 10% of the effort required to do that you can also put 5ish machinegun bullets into their torso and kill them that way. Or just headshot them with a primary a couple of times because their head isn't really armoured.

Like the current state of the weapon is that it is meant to be a high damage armour piercing weapon with limited ammo and fire rate, but the slot that its in has it competing with a gun that has very nearly the same range, damage, and armour penetration values and also has an extra 150 rounds per magazine and fires 100 times faster, and a gun that one-shots enemies that the AMR cannot even damage.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

E: never mind late

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I find killing rocket devastators who're harrassing you from range much more comfortable with the AMR than machinegun, and killing hulks via eye shots is a pretty big deal. Especially now that stun grenades exist and make them both trivial and super cheap to kill at medium range or closer.

The only thing I currently want changed about the AMR is the reticule alignment.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

They could make the AMR better at popping off armor while the railgun will never destroy armor, only penetrate it. I feel like letting the AMR do damage to hulks or tanks, etc, with body shots would definitely mix up the identities of it and the railgun. Already they handle a little different and have different firing and reload demands.

I swear sometimes the AMR will one shot stalkers from the front if you hit them right in the crotch, maybe it has the tinest splash or is otherwise hitting both the leg and waist section? The railgun, at least in unsafe mode, pretty much always oneshots stalkers. Hilariously though I feel like if I shoot the top part of a stalker with the railgun then the pilot survives and hops down to start firing as the stalker falls, and the pilot dies if I railgun the crotch/platform section, when it clearly should be the opposite.

It feels like it's a slightly tricky thing to balance while not making the AMR always more desireable than the current railgun.

Either way the only thing I want them to fix asap is the scopes on both being more than a little rear end.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
Give the AMR a 3-6x power scope and I'd likely take it in lieu of binoculars.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
i love the autocannon sentry its my new best friend now its fully upgraded

Mahatma-Squid
Nov 22, 2004

One of the last true gentlemen left alive . ';,,,,,,,,;'
Had a 7 difficulty mission where everybody played nice and coordinated pretty well and then the host kicked everyone (or at least one dude and then me) right as the drop ship came in. No teamkills or anything, just being a dick for the sake of it. Feels very undemocratic.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Mahatma-Squid posted:

Had a 7 difficulty mission where everybody played nice and coordinated pretty well and then the host kicked everyone (or at least one dude and then me) right as the drop ship came in. No teamkills or anything, just being a dick for the sake of it. Feels very undemocratic.

Happened to me in a 6, shuttle landing, all good 11 lives left, and... people start getting kicked with no explanation.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Mahatma-Squid posted:

I tried that once. These people should go straight to a Freedom Camp.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Yeah happened again thus morning for me as well as last night except this time nobody teamkilled anyone and it was going smoothly. No clue what that's about but it puts a sour taste in my mouth, not only to miss out in super samples but kinda kills the good vibes from the earlier game too.

I miss DRG's community.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Mar 21, 2024

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Ravenfood posted:

I kiss DRG's community.

You'd better not!

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
Y'all sure you're explicitly getting kicked? Only ask because cascading crashes that take it once person after another in a short period have been pretty common lately.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

The plasma punisher is a cool weapon but also it does like 1/4 the damage it should for how awkward it is. Real feel bad weapon when you nail the trickshots and then it tickles the enemy. The aoe falloff is especially bad.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
The AMR rules. I've been taking it on bugs and it one shots both types of bile spitters to the head. It's also really easy to no scope into groups of medium bugs and tear them apart. Good panic button for stalkers too.

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

I've started to like the scythe alright on bot missions. It still needs a buff but it pops heads fast, including devastator heads. The laser cannon meanwhile feels like it does some things well but has a weirdly hard time against berserkers or walker crotches.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Lprsti99 posted:

Y'all sure you're explicitly getting kicked? Only ask because cascading crashes that take it once person after another in a short period have been pretty common lately.

It’s always given me a big YOU HAVE BEEN KICKED. But there is a lot of THE HOST HAS QUIT right after missions end so sometimes I wonder.

As opposed to games like monster hunter where getting kicked is you are given a connection error.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I've had a couple of games crash me to my ship as the extract gets called, but there's no kick message. I put it down to misfortune tbh because I love players when I host all the time.

Hosting is always safest for everything fault wise.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

I will admit that seeing the host go to the strategem terminal then I get the HOST HAS LEFT notification I'm not 100% on the accuracy of what the game is telling me. I just needed 10 super credits :argh:

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Finally encountered shriekers tonight, God they're fun. I couldn't stop laughing at their bodies killing you with impact if you kill them while they're flying at you. Spray and Pray is good for them. Their nests are tough though.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I think the AMR and Railgun having similar roles is fine because they have extremely different gunfeels, so people can pick what they enjoy more.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
The AMR is basically a baby autocannon that trades reduced ammo capacity and non-explosive damage for the ability to equip a backpack. It could maybe use a bit of a buff, but that's its niche, and it's pretty OK against bots.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Lprsti99 posted:

Big flashing yellow letters say so, but if that's an error I'd feel bad. Still, since I've gotten explicit connection error messages instead idk.

Dandywalken posted:

You'd better not!
Lol oops.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

Black Noise posted:

It’s always given me a big YOU HAVE BEEN KICKED. But there is a lot of THE HOST HAS QUIT right after missions end so sometimes I wonder.

As opposed to games like monster hunter where getting kicked is you are given a connection error.

there's definitely a bug where the game says you were kicked even when it's a disconnect so it's hard to tell sometimes

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I'd use the AMR more if I didn't have to use the scope. It would be godlike if you had a reticle like all the other guns.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Remember your ABCs people, Always Bring CEATs uh Always BCalldown CEATs. Dont forget to shoot the drop pod cans so they appear on the minimap

atelier morgan posted:

i've started to consider support weapons/backpacks (other than EATs) a sometimes food because all the worst fail spirals i've encountered in this game come from trying to get my poo poo back after dying rather than loving off to somewhere else

bringing more red and green strats and having zero consideration for any corpse that doesn't have super samples on it has led to better outcomes

You need a designated bag runner with a shield that can avoid all the patrols and alarms to scoop the loot after you flee the alarm failure cascade.

Spookydonut posted:

i love the autocannon sentry its my new best friend now its fully upgraded

It's super good, if you can get it some elevation it puts in work

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I would use the AMR, because I like the idea of it, if the crosshairs were actually zeroed. But they aren't so there's no point. In a sea of weapons ranging from good, through mostly okay, to outright bad, it is choosing the only gun with an actual handicap.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Thinking of going from Slugger to Dominator. Gotta warbond the latter, but any opinions there? Want it for mortar bug busting.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

Dandywalken posted:

Thinking of going from Slugger to Dominator. Gotta warbond the latter, but any opinions there? Want it for mortar bug busting.

the explosion tag means it's good for popping bile spewers but otherwise it's just a much worse slugger

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:

Dandywalken posted:

Dominator feels really heavy to use with it's sluggish aiming and the slow travel time on rounds.
The rounds hit like a truck, but you definitely need your teammates to be giving you the space to lay down fire with it, if things get up in your face you'll have to rely on your sidearm.
Personally I usually find that I am running around a lot and rarely have the opportunity to take a knee and put shots down range, so I prefer the Slugger. The Slugger is also better at hitting things at range simply because you don't have to lead your shots so much.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

I wish devs would add the ability to reconnect to disconnected games, god drat. All that progress lost because of a crash to desktop.

I also wish the devs would add a prompt upon mission success that lets you select whether to continue with your squad or return to your own ship. It is obnoxious as hell to return to someone else's ship, load in, exit to your own ship, load in. Streamline that poo poo!

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

I bought the super wide heavy armor with extra armor from the superstore and I'm now enjoying having hunters bounce off me until I drown in their flailing limbs.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
It would be nice if the post game stats tracked mission progress somehow, so I don't feel bad about going for the objective while pubbies insist on fighting and killing every thing.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Qubee posted:

I wish devs would add the ability to reconnect to disconnected games, god drat. All that progress lost because of a crash to desktop.

I also wish the devs would add a prompt upon mission success that lets you select whether to continue with your squad or return to your own ship. It is obnoxious as hell to return to someone else's ship, load in, exit to your own ship, load in. Streamline that poo poo!

This is so freaking true, lately I have had just straight up crashes and not even disconnects. Would love it if you could rejoin a game but this game has no many lacking features and features that straight up don't work. Shows how good the actual game is.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Chargers can fly now.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

AtomikKrab posted:

Chargers can fly now.

They fly now?

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

If they run over a deploying resupply then yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Dandywalken posted:

They fly now?

https://twitter.com/helldiversalert/status/1770764171354771686

They fly now