Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

STOP

quote:

We agree - Demonrats must be STOPPED at all costs! Click here to donate! 900x match for one hour only!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

kazil posted:

lol why rally in a swing state?

Ah the Clinton strategy

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

TulliusCicero posted:

Chubb Chud gets SHLONGED by BIG Don

That guy might as well have lit his money on fire, better return on investment

Chubb employees investing in “TRUMP”!

Working hard! Thank you!

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
skipping campaign events citing a need to conserve money is usually one the last things that happens before someone drops out of a race, strong move

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

:fap::fap::fap:

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/mar/21/response-biden-impeachment-testimony

Call it a day pal
:lmao:

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Might've been posted already, but James is ready to make Trump bigly madder:

Bloomberg: NY Poised to Seize Trump Westchester Assets If Fraud Fine Is Unpaid

quote:

New York state’s $454 million judgment against Donald Trump in a civil fraud lawsuit was formally registered in Westchester County just outside Manhattan, a sign that his properties in the area may be at risk of being seized if the former president fails to post an appeal bond.

New York Attorney General Letitia James registered the judgment on March 6, according to the Westchester County Clerk’s online database. The filing didn’t give a reason for the registration or identify any Trump assets, but it will allow James to more easily secure liens, should she decide to do so, on two of the real estate mogul’s most valuable properties: Trump National Golf Club Westchester and the mostly undeveloped 212-acre Seven Springs estate.

James has said she’s prepared to start seizing Trump assets if he misses a March 25 deadline to post a bond for 120% of the judgment to put it on hold while he appeals. She hasn’t started that process, and the registration in Westchester County doesn’t automatically mean she will attempt to seize the properties. It’s nevertheless a clear sign they’re at risk.

Trump, who is campaigning to return to the White House in the November election, has asked a New York appeals court to waive the bond while he challenges the verdict, or allow him to post a smaller one for $100 million. A ruling on that request, which James opposes, could come at any time.

Trump’s lawyer, Christopher Kise, didn’t immediately respond to a message seeking comment on the registration.

The former president said in a March 18 filing that an appeal bond is “unattainable” because insurance companies that arrange them won’t take his real estate as collateral and will only take cash. Trump has already warned he doesn’t have enough cash for the bond and said he’ll be forced to sell properties in a “fire sale” to raise money if the court doesn’t help him out.

The state wouldn’t need to register the judgment in New York County to kick start lien procedures in Manhattan because that’s where the verdict was handed down. Trump’s properties on the island include Trump Tower and his 40 Wall Street skyscraper, not far from James’s offices.

Justice Arthur Engoron, who oversaw a nearly 11-week trial, found Trump, his sons Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump were liable for inflating the former president’s wealth by billions of dollars a year to get better terms on loans, reaping hundreds of millions of dollars in “illegal profit.”

Seven Springs featured heavily in the trial because James alleged the property had been wildly overvalued for years. Trump purchased the estate in 1995 for $7.5 million. It consists of two large homes, undeveloped land and a few other buildings. James alleged Trump valued the property at more than five times the appraised values in some years — as high as $291 million — often by including the value of mansions that didn’t exist.

CPA Hell
Apr 15, 2007

I like to press the number six!

hitchensgoespop posted:

Just absolute gibberish. I'm almost convinced he has some form of actual brain damage.

Almost all his posts now are just a word cloud drawn from all of the concepts he has banging around in his head. It works on his followers, who add these words to their barely formed thoughts, and then do the same thing when posting/talking/voting, etc.

In the voting cubical: “hm water district: David Jones (Democrat). Democrat = unfair, lawfare, burisma, woke, cat box, Jewish space lasers, DA affair, mean to trump, sleepy Joe. Definitely not voting for that guy.”

It’s brainwashing that’s so effective that the people perpetrating it have even succumbed to it.

Imagine the “four lights” episode of Star Trek if the guy torturing Picard started roaming the ship telling everyone he encountered that there were five lights and how unfair it was the Picard would not just admit it.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

:lol:

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:lol:

That picture is amazing

Lmao Biden White House openly laughing at the GOP

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Tree Bucket posted:

Medical goons, help us out, is it actually possible to die of rage? Or have a tantrum so sever that you make a brain artery explode?
I know what my heart says, but I need some facts here.

Yes, it is in fact possible to get so angry you die. That's actually how Kim Jong-Il died. He reportedly died "in a fit of rage" when his underlings informed him a power plant he was on the way to visit for a propaganda tour had failed.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Wait, am I brain damaged if I can understand Trump's posts? :ohdear:

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

marshalljim posted:

Might've been posted already, but James is ready to make Trump bigly madder:

Bloomberg: NY Poised to Seize Trump Westchester Assets If Fraud Fine Is Unpaid

Trump has a loan on Seven Springs :lol: And knowing Trump, if he actually owns Westchester outright, it is being used to secure other loans.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Mar 21, 2024

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I love all the random use of proper case. Needs more ellipses to be proper boomer text.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

kazil posted:

The... the Presidential campaigning JUST started. How are you broke before you even start.

Sad!

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

quote:

We agree - Demonrats must be STOPPED at all costs! Click here to donate! 900x match for one hour only!!

Has anyone ever bothered to ask for receipts on those obviously bullshit donation matching claims? It's such a patently obvious fraudulent claim.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

kazil posted:

Sounds like AZ is off the board and Ohio is in play! :getin:

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

LOTTO INTERFERENCE!

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

hitchensgoespop posted:

Just absolute gibberish. I'm almost convinced he has some form of actual brain damage.

The persident might be regarded??

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Burns
May 10, 2008

Lol i hope they have the locksmiths ready for 11:59 pm.

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

how likely is this?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/mar/21/donald-trump-wealth-to-rise-by-more-than-3bn-if-shareholders-back-plan
Donald Trump to make $3bn if shareholders back plan to float Trump Media

quote:

Donald Trump’s wealth is set to increase by more than $3bn (£2.35bn) if a shareholder vote on Friday paves the way for the float of his Trump Media business.

The former US president is preparing to list Trump Media & Technology Group, which operates the Truth Social tech platform, via a merger with a special purpose acquisition company, or Spac.

The Spac, called Digital World Acquisition, has scheduled a vote on the merger with Trump Media for Friday. However, there are complications around the planned vote after Digital World sued sponsor ARC Global Investments, which is trying to delay the deal, to back the merger.

If the merger goes ahead and Trump Media goes public as soon as next week, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee would not be able to cash in immediately, however. Trump would need a waiver to circumvent a provision that blocks major shareholders from selling stock for six months.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Aramis posted:

Has anyone ever bothered to ask for receipts on those obviously bullshit donation matching claims? It's such a patently obvious fraudulent claim.

Some court somewhere gave it the OK and allowed it as “puffery.” Might’ve even been SCOTUS for all I know, but yeah… our judiciary really hosed campaign finance.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

loving roasted :laffo:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

nobodygetshurt posted:

how likely is this?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/mar/21/donald-trump-wealth-to-rise-by-more-than-3bn-if-shareholders-back-plan

Doubt.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Burns posted:

Lol i hope they have the locksmiths ready for 11:59 pm.

This is making me wonder: The Trump org has been effectively handed over to a court-appointed manager a while back, right? I sort of assume that it, at the very least, has made it impossible for Trump to shuffle things around and drag his feet, but how involved in the collection process can that person be in practice?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1770827278500446338

Holy poo poo, the subpoena Trump used to delay his NY hush money payment trial turned up... additional incriminating documents. :lol:

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Oh he definitely does

Remember when he said that everyone was saying he had mini strokes but it's totally not true when absolutely no one was speculating he was having mini strokes?

Forming new memories is a fairly complex act for the brain to pull off, and it gets more difficult as you get older. For stroke victims, the ability to remember anything new at all is a feat like moving a piano into an upstairs apartment. When a co-worker had a stroke a few years back, it took several months for him to just understand and remember that he had a stroke so he could start to rebuild with that new perspective. His old memories were all there, he could talk Yankees seasons and incredibly technical aspects of his job right up until the day of the stroke.

Which is why it's funny/sad when an elderly person starts showing off their perfect memory by recalling stuff from their youth, it's the part that's still functioning with a clear picture.

In short, it'd be a lot better for everyone in the world if Trump spent the rest of his days playing golf and actually enjoying his later years.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Philthy posted:

The... the Presidential campaigning JUST started. How are you broke before you even start.

Sad!

Have you seen their books?

He's lucky if him and the GOP aren't bankrupt by end of May

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

kazil posted:

If their intel sez AZ is no longer a swing state then, ultra max lmao

Barudak
May 7, 2007

nobodygetshurt posted:

how likely is this?

Do you believe people will not only buy truth social stocks for an estimated 4 billion dollars, but that it will also hold that value long enough (6 months) for Trump to cash out?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

nobodygetshurt posted:

how likely is this?

How the gently caress is Truth Social worth 3 billion?

Who actually has bought stock in that company, like at all

It has like a few thousand active users at best lmao

I see Donny picked up some tricks from Ebaum

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

nobodygetshurt posted:

how likely is this?

not

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Shishkahuben posted:

white house on ash tree lane

donny truant

the five and a half minute perfect phone call

empty windows he claims to see lovers in

much to consider

Mushroomtaur

The Hunter Record

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

TulliusCicero posted:

Gonna go out on a limb here and say fraud lol

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Scags McDouglas posted:

If their intel sez AZ is no longer a swing state then, ultra max lmao

Why even loving run if AZ is off the table? With PA pretty much locked up, the HOP committing suicide in MI, WI getting unfucked, there is no path for him to 270.

He's going to suddenly win a blue state out of nowhere? Georgia is not enough even if he did win it.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

TulliusCicero posted:

It's straight up laundering illegal campaign contributions.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

TulliusCicero posted:

IIRC there's SPAC capitalization estimated at a few hundred million. TRump wants to increase the number of available shares to several hundred times of the current planned number because he is incredibly stupid and believes that a stock valued at say $200/share at the current number of shares will magically multiply to between $2.5-$3BB if the number of shares are increased accordingly.

The folks managing the SPAC have pushed back hard on this insanity. In addition, the actual stock price at valuation will not survive the company actually going public, and will additionally do its imitation of David Caruso's career shortly thereafter.

Also he believes that he'll be able to just immediately swoop in and cash out his portion of the shares and walk with a billion dollars (actually would be a few million, maybe). Never mind that the SEC would crucify him for trying.

Also never mind that such action would tank the stock price as soon as it is announced, and that if executed, would still take several months to complete.

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Mar 21, 2024

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

nobodygetshurt posted:

how likely is this?

He will but it'll immediately crater because it's a meme stock and legally he has to hold his shares for six months before he can sell them

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

Yes, it is in fact possible to get so angry you die. That's actually how Kim Jong-Il died. He reportedly died "in a fit of rage" when his underlings informed him a power plant he was on the way to visit for a propaganda tour had failed.

Roman emperor Valentinan, too. He paid out the nose for a peace settlement with a German tribe - the Quadi - only to find out that the ambassadors only represented one village, not their entire people.

Mike Duncan says it best:

quote:

What Valentinan heard from this was, 'Oh yeah, that treaty you signed isn't actually worth a drat, and we're going to keep doing whatever we want to.' This was too much for the emperor. He got up and began angrily berating the Quadi ambassadors for their insolence, picking up steam as he went until he was in the middle of a full blown screaming rant. At the peak of this tirade, the emperor suddenly paused, then fell over. Court officials rushed to his side to revive him to no avail. Emperor Valentinan worked himself into such a towering rage that he suffered a fatal stroke.

And Valentinan was 54 and in reasonably good shape. Has anyone tried telling Donny that the money he spent trying to make his problems go away isn't going to stop anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

TulliusCicero posted:

MTG sunk $50k of her own money into it! :laffo: