Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

I've tried understanding Joe Rogaine's appeal for years and I just...do not get it

Like he's just so dull, his "WOAH MAN THIS COULD BE REAL WOW WOAH DUUUUDE" shtick is so loving boring

He also seems REALLY dumb. Like genuinely either took too many blows to the head or too much whatever.

How does anyone consider this guy an intellectual voice about anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

if joe rogan met someone who claimed to be an expert that told him he could add years to his life by slamming his balls every morning with a mallet he would do it and promote it on his show. he's just incredibly gullible.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2024/03/21/politics/joe-manchin-nominees-bipartisan-support

Sen. Joe Manchin, a critical swing vote in the closely divided Senate, said Wednesday that from now on, he will only vote to confirm nominees who have the support of at least one Republican senator.

“I’m going to be very honest with everybody, if my Democratic colleagues and friends can’t get one Republican vote, don’t count on me. You can’t make it bipartisan, don’t count on me,” said the West Virginia Democrat who has announced his retirement

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

The most important thing to remember about Joe Rogan is that he was cursed by a sorcerer to have Pinocchio nipples that protrude more the more he lies.

The Great Wizard HGH-Tren

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

This is so good, I love Raskin's face :lmao:

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
"lol biden said they had airplanes in the american revelation!! lol lol what an idiot this totally disqualifies him!! lol!!"
"actually he was making fun of trump who confused 'ramparts' with 'airports'"
"well that's an innocent mistake nothing funny there lets move on"

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

bobjr posted:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2024/03/21/politics/joe-manchin-nominees-bipartisan-support

Sen. Joe Manchin, a critical swing vote in the closely divided Senate, said Wednesday that from now on, he will only vote to confirm nominees who have the support of at least one Republican senator.

“I’m going to be very honest with everybody, if my Democratic colleagues and friends can’t get one Republican vote, don’t count on me. You can’t make it bipartisan, don’t count on me,” said the West Virginia Democrat who has announced his retirement

Can he just gently caress off already?

Take your pity party somewhere else loving dipshit

CPA Hell
Apr 15, 2007

I like to press the number six!

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

The most important thing to remember about Joe Rogan is that he was cursed by a sorcerer to have Pinocchio nipples that protrude more the more he lies.

do you think they got like that from him... doing things.. to them?

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Mulaney Power Move posted:

he's probably doing the whole go from the sauna to the ice bath thing. He's obsessed with any form of "one weird trick" to state fit thing he comes across that he can add to his superman regime. whether that be eating nothing but elk meat, sunbathing his taint, taking hits of smelling salt, electrolyte IVs, or just good old fashioned testosterone injections.

I'm pretty sure he's never tried not being an enormous twat.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

TulliusCicero posted:

I've tried understanding Joe Rogaine's appeal for years and I just...do not get it

Like he's just so dull, his "WOAH MAN THIS COULD BE REAL WOW WOAH DUUUUDE" shtick is so loving boring

He also seems REALLY dumb. Like genuinely either took too many blows to the head or too much whatever.

Think of him like Georges Carlin, but with a huge penchant for confirmation bias, and it makes sense

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

TulliusCicero posted:

all conservatives want is a strong daddy. they're willing to just settle for "strong" and create "daddy" out of whole cloth.

never the other way around though.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

NBC News posted:

There’s also the belief that seizing Trump’s assets or liquidating them at "fire sale" prices, as Trump has warned, could prove to be rocket fuel for his campaign.

They are going though the grieving process in real time, there is no world that Trump going though a complete financial disaster would be good for him.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
The repeated mantra of "Trump beats Biden but downticket-Dem beats downticket-GOP" in the Emerson polls is interesting. It could speak to continued protest poll-response from disaffected Dems on Biden, continued delusion from GOPers that "Trump" actually means "the eventual GOP candidate who probably won't be Trump", or possibly a real signal. But it's hard to argue that "lol they don't poll real Dem voters because [reasons]" when the same respondents are putting Dem reps above GOP reps on downticket races.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

TulliusCicero posted:

Can he just gently caress off already?

Take your pity party somewhere else loving dipshit

Yes he'll be replaced with a republican soon

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

TulliusCicero posted:

The skeleton key you need to figure out Joe Rogan's weird popularity is to realize that for as loving dumb as Joe Rogan is, his audience is even dumber and look at him like he's some sort of truth-saying sage of infinite wisdom.

CPA Hell
Apr 15, 2007

I like to press the number six!

TulliusCicero posted:

The same people that put "deep thinker" or "loves having deep conversations" on their online dating profile when what they really mean is "rambles about whatever when high."

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Ok what the gently caress

CW for dog lovers in case you want to skip this:

lonely Florida man and noted Trump enthusiast Catturd negligently killed his own dog yesterday, then immediately went to Twitter looking for sympathy

https://x.com/esjesjesj/status/1770822212884296135?s=46&t=Y9tN5g_IyRiifSxBmqZbkw

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
I've only seen/heard clips from the Joe Rogan show but he just seems like an incredibly dull person who will give time on his platform to anybody who amuses him. He trots out lying morons like Alex Jones and gets them liquored up for amusing content and gives their bullshit the benefit of the doubt and a huge audience because he's just too much of a rich dumbass to care.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

TulliusCicero posted:

before he became obsessed with having alt right superstars on all the time he was the go to source if you want a longform podcast about guys who scour the amazon for cryptids or study gorilla wrestling crocodiles

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

TulliusCicero posted:

Its pseudo-intellectualism, it appeals to men especially because they get to THINK they sound smart by aligning with anything Rogan pushes on his show.

And its why Rogan is a Far Right gateway.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mulaney Power Move posted:

I remember before Trump was elected there was a clip of him starting an argument with some guy because he was wearing a MAGA hat and all the alt-right guys were calling him a liberal cuck. Now he's done a complete 180 and is totally on Trump's dick and hates Biden, but I guess what do you expect from a guy who watches a Fox special claiming the moon landing was fake and goes "balls deep" into the conspiracy or has a spaghetti dinner with Bob Lazar and decides everything he says is true.

It's amazing that Andy Dick is somehow not the Newsradio cast member who has contributed most to making the world a terrible place.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Are those Joe Rogaine’s roid nipples….

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Serious_Cyclone posted:

The repeated mantra of "Trump beats Biden but downticket-Dem beats downticket-GOP" in the Emerson polls is interesting. It could speak to continued protest poll-response from disaffected Dems on Biden, continued delusion from GOPers that "Trump" actually means "the eventual GOP candidate who probably won't be Trump", or possibly a real signal. But it's hard to argue that "lol they don't poll real Dem voters because [reasons]" when the same respondents are putting Dem reps above GOP reps on downticket races.

I do think it's reflective of the general discontent/malaise people have with their party candidate after four years of being in office. That's where the rallies, marketing, outreach efforts, etc are supposed to counter the complacency. I do think the thread has pointed out where things were very similiar with Obama in 2012, and also I think things were somewhat similiar with Bush in 2004. Not saying it isn't worrying, but also it's not uncommon. I also think that Trump is benefiting from not being in the news, because he basically just becomes a person people project whatever dumb bullshit they want on to. I think that changes as the season gets more into swing and people are forced to remember what a toxic fascist he is, but....we'll see. American people let me down all the time.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

bobjr posted:

I still remember sitting at a red light several years ago with my window down. There was some old dude next to me probably in his 70's with his window down listening to NPR.

They were talking about some bullshit he was doing to gently caress with Democrats (I fully believe Manchin is a Republican and a giant piece of poo poo) and all of a sudden the old dude just screams out "gently caress JOE MANCHIN loving gently caress!"

I told Mrs. Moron about it when I got home and we had a good laugh. Every now and then we bring it up in conversation and it makes us smile.

gently caress Manchin.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

Its pseudo-intellectualism, it appeals to men especially because they get to THINK they sound smart by aligning with anything Rogan pushes on his show.

And its why Rogan is a Far Right gateway.

it's always jarring when i hear people say guys like rogan or aaron rodgers are "smart" - bill maher, for instance - but then you have to realize that half of americans don't read any books at all, so anyone who spends their time reading up on crackpot poo poo suddenly sounds smart for having some sort of knowledge

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

bobjr posted:

And there goes the one thing that I ever defended him over. gently caress off, Manchin. You decorumed us right to the brink of a fascist dictatorship and now you're determined to push us over. If he's going to behave like that then there is no difference beween him holding the seat and the golem made of coal and human tears that will replace him.

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

bobjr posted:

"However, if all Republican senators vote and all Dems vote against, I will offer support because recursively they now have one Dem vote.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

loving Moron posted:

I still remember sitting at a red light several years ago with my window down. There was some old dude next to me probably in his 70's with his window down listening to NPR.

They were talking about some bullshit he was doing to gently caress with Democrats (I fully believe Manchin is a Republican and a giant piece of poo poo) and all of a sudden the old dude just screams out "gently caress JOE MANCHIN loving gently caress!"

I told Mrs. Moron about it when I got home and we had a good laugh. Every now and then we bring it up in conversation and it makes us smile.

gently caress Manchin.

*Nods* I have read he's some kind of loving gently caress.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Rogan was sometimes entertaining when he was doing his stoner Art Bell radio show impersonation. But like many conspiracy nutjobs he drank the Kool-Aid on basically every topic which lead directly into the right wing grifter Q type thinking. Add in a little MMA pseudoscience alpha dog nonsense and its basically catnip for the fragile aging sports guys who will jump at any scam that promises if they inject enough gorrilla red blood cells in their dick they'll totally be 25 years old again with a libido to match. Virile. Not Limp. A strong man with a hard penis good for sexing. Like Trump!

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
Joe Rogan runs the ultimate radio morning show. Dumb poo poo by dumb people for the dumbest people. Also he got his start up popularity from covering MMA poo poo, which AFAIK nobody else remotely famous does

plus he got Elon Musk to smoke weed on his show, so people are always expecting his guests to get hosed up and embarass themselves.

Finally, a shitload of people drive 4+ hours every day, and the only way to keep your sanity is to listen to some sort of talk radio, and rogan's show is highly available

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I don’t know how much it still happens but he also would get various experts in their fields, but also just argue against them in that field.

Like he would get a top immunologist talking about how virus’s and vaccines work and how people should get them and he would mention he saw on Facebook how injecting gorilla semen in your rear end has the same effect.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

The best description of Rogan I ever heard was that he's someone who fervently believes the last thing someone told him, regardless if it contradicts what he has been told prior.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

CPA Hell posted:

do you think they got like that from him... doing things.. to them?

if by "things" you mean steroids, yes.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Joe Rogan has donkeybrains and will literally listen to (and believe) the tallest, largest person in the room. If you could track down the world's tallest man and have him tell Joe Rogan that shooting yourself in the head gives you mystical powers, his brains would be on the floor before the sentence finished. For a guy who talks a lot about 'evolution' and 'science', he is the perfect example of smaller animals kowtowing to larger ones.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

The fun thing about Joe Rogan is that, for a few years now, whenever I have an acquaintance make an absolute batshit claim out of nowhere, I never have to wonder where they got it anymore. It's incredibly consistent.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Willatron posted:

I've only seen/heard clips from the Joe Rogan show but he just seems like an incredibly dull person who will give time on his platform to anybody who amuses him. He trots out lying morons like Alex Jones and gets them liquored up for amusing content and gives their bullshit the benefit of the doubt and a huge audience because he's just too much of a rich dumbass to care.

Rogan was funny interviewing comics and being sponsored by Fleshlight a long time ago.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Lmao goddamn. The old guy has still got it

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Legit thought this was an Onion screenshot

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
I'm not optimistic but apparent DWAC needs the votes from an investor named ARC to close the deal and the guy that controls ARC is holding out to the point that they are trying to get an emergency court order to force him to vote for it.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-03-20/trump-spac-sues-to-force-board-member-s-vote-for-media-deal?embedded-checkout=true

If he votes no, DWAC dissolves and Truth Social probably goes bankrupt, also the meme stock chuds get screwed because the stock price is over $40 but they only get $10 back. :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

TulliusCicero posted:

He’s literally his character from News Radio.