Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

bobjr posted:

I don’t know how much it still happens but he also would get various experts in their fields, but also just argue against them in that field.

Like he would get a top immunologist talking about how virus’s and vaccines work and how people should get them and he would mention he saw on Facebook how injecting gorilla semen in your rear end has the same effect.

one of the remarkable things i remember is that right at the beginning of the pandemic when a lot of people didn't know what to make of it and weren't taking it seriously, he did take it seriously and started having epidemiologists on. but, as is typical, he also has an ear for all the alternative nonsense so that evolved to him listening to anti-vaxxers and experts who claimed letting the sun shine on his ballsack so he could get vitamin d was the key to immunity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Oh also: at the gym I go to, there's always a dude on a treadmill who is watching Joe Rogan videos. A few days ago I went to take a piss after my run and when I went into the locker room bathroom, I could hear someone pounding and struggling to get out of one of the stalls. They were swearing up a storm and had seemingly somehow locked themselves in, until they stopped for a minute, calmly slid the latch, and walked out. It was the Joe Rogan guy. I wonder how long he was in there before he tried unlatching the lock. I've been thinking about that every time I've seen him the last few days. Anyway, that's a guy who likes Joe Rogan.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
throwing my own Rogan twocents:

I think there's also an aspect of bro contrarianism. when LGBT and womens issues were the minority he's for them, but now that they mainstream theyre bad. also projection wrt to him calling libs sheep/npcs.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

AFewBricksShy posted:

The best description of Rogan I ever heard was that he's someone who fervently believes the last thing someone told him, regardless if it contradicts what he has been told prior.

The alt-right figured this out in late 2014/early 2015 and proceeded to line up an endless string of shitheads like Ben Shapiro, Alex Jones and the like to flood Joe's show schedule with poo poo so that the last person Joe talked to was always a right wing shithead and they slowly psy-op'd him into becoming a right wing shithead too and then COVID was the last hammer strike on the chisel that just completely collapsed his facade of being anything but a right wing shithead.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Mar 21, 2024

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

bobjr posted:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2024/03/21/politics/joe-manchin-nominees-bipartisan-support

Sen. Joe Manchin, a critical swing vote in the closely divided Senate, said Wednesday that from now on, he will only vote to confirm nominees who have the support of at least one Republican senator.

“I’m going to be very honest with everybody, if my Democratic colleagues and friends can’t get one Republican vote, don’t count on me. You can’t make it bipartisan, don’t count on me,” said the West Virginia Democrat who has announced his retirement

I mean nobody counts on Joe Manchin, so

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
There is a clip that explains how loving dumb Rogan is. Remember that dipshit who claimed he got brain problems from a concrete milkshake to the head? His story was absolute blatant bullshit that was utterly in Rogan's wheelhouse of vaguely knowing about fighting injuries and how they are treated medically. Rogan still went along with it despite obviously knowing it was utter horseshit.

Rogan can be out thought by a bowel movement.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

PhazonLink posted:

throwing my own Rogan twocents:

I think there's also an aspect of bro contrarianism. when LGBT and womens issues were the minority he's for them, but now that they mainstream theyre bad. also projection wrt to him calling libs sheep/npcs.

The problem is he frequently allows people onto his show that are absolutely against LGBTQ and womens issues as well and openly pretends there's some sort of 'both sides' to it.

And he's absolute trash because of it.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
joe rogan also famously spent 10k a month on a T1 connection to run a lag-free quake server from his house in LA during the Fear Factor days

Imagine spending 10k a month (in 1999 money) to own quake players

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Joe Rogan has donkeybrains

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

kazil posted:

lol why rally in a swing state?

he wont rally in any swing state outside PA and thats only because its close by to NY or whatever. it will mostly be red states now.

Hazo posted:

Ok what the gently caress

CW for dog lovers in case you want to skip this:

lonely Florida man and noted Trump enthusiast Catturd negligently killed his own dog yesterday, then immediately went to Twitter looking for sympathy

https://x.com/esjesjesj/status/1770822212884296135?s=46&t=Y9tN5g_IyRiifSxBmqZbkw

that makes me feel way less bad for him. like yeah dogs can be dumb as gently caress and get under poo poo but the guy should have noticed.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Vampire Panties posted:

joe rogan also famously spent 10k a month on a T1 connection to run a lag-free quake server from his house in LA during the Fear Factor days

this is the first cool thing I've ever heard about him

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Monica Bellucci posted:

There is a clip that explains how loving dumb Rogan is. Remember that dipshit who claimed he got brain problems from a concrete milkshake to the head? His story was absolute blatant bullshit that was utterly in Rogan's wheelhouse of vaguely knowing about fighting injuries and how they are treated medically. Rogan still went along with it despite obviously knowing it was utter horseshit.

yeah. as someone who liked "golden age" opie and anthony and likes the morons on oney plays. i dont mind moron radio poo poo with kinda at points lovely politics, but rogan is way way to loving dumb for me, but he just believes whatever horse poo poo chuds say.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://x.com/brendohare/status/1261675782809759744?s=46&t=CBKJcBX0BD3U5HgUdsqBtw

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Mulaney Power Move posted:

he's probably doing the whole go from the sauna to the ice bath thing. He's obsessed with any form of "one weird trick" to state fit thing he comes across that he can add to his superman regime. whether that be eating nothing but elk meat, sunbathing his taint, taking hits of smelling salt, electrolyte IVs, or just good old fashioned testosterone injections.

Well it's clearly working

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Bottom Liner posted:

this is the first cool thing I've ever heard about him

He ended Carlos Mencia's career as a professional joke thief, I always thought that was pretty cool. I never followed the podcast, but it's wild to see how it started out with guests like Dave Foley, Dom Irrera, Bill Burr, etc. and now he's chatting with Kid Rock and other chuds. Dude sure drank the Koolaid.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Monica Bellucci posted:

There are numerous examples. He was all in on bigfoot and poo poo like the skinwalker ranch until he actually went on a quest to find bigfoots and visit the ranch and saw that it was all bullshit. Most of us don't have to go this far to spot bullshit, but most of us aren't that gullible.

I'll stop there, though, because this is Trump thread, not the Joe Rogan thread.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Again a quick reminder that Joe Rogan caught COVID, tried to fight it with Ivermectin because he had a bunch of cranks and quacks on his show in the early days of the pandemic who spouted bad and insane medical advice, nearly died from it because Ivermectin is a dewormer and not an anti-viral, and when he scraped by by the skin of his teeth, credited Ivermectin with his survival, and suddenly cases of people poisoning themselves with Ivermectin skyrocketed.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Vampire Panties posted:

drat remember when download mirrors had you select not just server location, but speeds, and T1 was this mythical elite thing .

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Joe Rogan has donkeybrains and will literally listen to (and believe) the tallest, largest person in the room. If you could track down the world's tallest man and have him tell Joe Rogan that shooting yourself in the head gives you mystical powers, his brains would be on the floor before the sentence finished. For a guy who talks a lot about 'evolution' and 'science', he is the perfect example of smaller animals kowtowing to larger ones.

When you’re 5’2”, all you can do is look up to others.

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Oh also: at the gym I go to, there's always a dude on a treadmill who is watching Joe Rogan videos. A few days ago I went to take a piss after my run and when I went into the locker room bathroom, I could hear someone pounding and struggling to get out of one of the stalls. They were swearing up a storm and had seemingly somehow locked themselves in, until they stopped for a minute, calmly slid the latch, and walked out. It was the Joe Rogan guy. I wonder how long he was in there before he tried unlatching the lock. I've been thinking about that every time I've seen him the last few days. Anyway, that's a guy who likes Joe Rogan.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

nine-gear crow posted:

Again a quick reminder that Joe Rogan caught COVID, tried to fight it with Ivermectin because he had a bunch of cranks and quacks on his show in the early days of the pandemic who spouted bad and insane medical advice, nearly died from it because Ivermectin is a dewormer and not an anti-viral, and when he scraped by by the skin of his teeth, credited Ivermectin with his survival, and suddenly cases of people poisoning themselves with Ivermectin skyrocketed.

Oh no, Darwinism

Anyway...

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Waffle House posted:

I mean nobody counts on Joe Manchin, so
Thanks for helping out Mitch if one of the old SCOTUS fucks dies, Manchin. Mighty white of you

Burns
May 10, 2008

Vampire Panties posted:

Oh pleass, we would all do the exact same thing if we had that money in 1999.

The worst 180 for Rogan was when he had that virulogist on to explain how viruses work and that poo poo flew out of his brain like 2 podcasts later.

Also the dagoth-ur vs joe rogan AI fakes are amusing.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

nine-gear crow posted:

That was really funny. Dude went from “It’s not a big deal, the flu kills more people every year. If you have muscles like me you can’t die from covid” to “I have covid and I took literally every single treatment possible so that I don’t die.”

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I took my cat to the vet yesterday and there was a gentleman, much older than me, wearing a Vietnam veteran hat. I thanked him for his service and asked him what branch and he said Air Force. I said I was sorry and he repeated Air Force louder and I said that I'd heard him I was just sorry that he was in the Air Force. I shared that I was retired Navy and the next thing out of his mouth was, "I don't understand what is going on with our military these days and where they're getting all of these woke officers from."

Then he went on to complain about the secretary of defense that was missing for a week and nobody knew where he was. The guy also told me he retired in 1984, so he clearly has his finger right on the pulse of the current military culture.

Shortly after that they came and checked him and his wife out so he could get back home to his newsmax

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

I can't hate, one time I was trapped in a portapotty at a music festival because I took too many shrooms and the door latch felt like a rubix cube to solve. Maybe it was that.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
also I like how three major bad men, Rogan, Musk, and Don, all have modes where they are just a beta that's listening to the current alpha that has their attention and then they either latch on to those ideas for their identity or trash talk them after praising them.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

MEIN RAVEN posted:

I do think the thread has pointed out where things were very similiar with Obama in 2012, and also I think things were somewhat similiar with Bush in 2004. Not saying it isn't worrying, but also it's not uncommon.

Yeah this is where I'm at, the top-lines are showing 10-15% of respondents not choosing either D or R for the presidential race but 100% D/R buy-in for the downticket races (except for the NV poll where there are multiple match-up options), it seems like it has the shape of a polling pool that feels comfortable keeping distance with the incumbent for now. The vast majority of that outstanding 10-15% will eventually pick a candidate, and I'd be interested in knowing if those people picked the R or D downticket candidate since that is a predictor for their eventual choice.

Biden should probably be (and probably is) cognizant of an undercurrent of dissatisfaction with him among his voter base, particularly the diplomacy surrounding the I/P conflict. Maybe there isn't a lot he feels he can do immediately about it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Burns posted:

Oh pleass, we would all do the exact same thing if we had that money in 1999.

The worst 180 for Rogan was when he had that virulogist on to explain how viruses work and that poo poo flew out of his brain like 2 podcasts later.

Also the dagoth-ur vs joe rogan AI fakes are amusing.

Yeah it was like straight up, Monday: here's Pete Hoetez explaining the hows and whys of COVID, how to treat it, and how to not catch it and/or spread it to others, Wednesday: here's the Demon Semen Lady here to tell Joe that COVID is beamed into your body by Joe Biden and his 5G LGBT cell phone towers and you need to drink Clorox bleach and eat lightbulb shards to cure it, Friday: Joe has Pete Hoetez back on his show to explain to him why he, a world renowned virologist, is a loving a moron who lies about everything and Hoetez struggles to decide who he wants to kill first, Joe or himself.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Vampire Panties posted:

Honestly as a computer nerd I support this, if I was making gently caress you money in my youth I would have done equally stupid things with it

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

PhazonLink posted:

also I like how three major bad men, Rogan, Musk, and Don, all have modes where they are just a beta that's listening to the current alpha that has their attention and then they either latch on to those ideas for their identity or trash talk them after praising them.

That's no coincidence. It's exactly how the modern radicalisation pipeline works. Mustache-twirling competent and planned evil is a thing of the past. Chuck Palahniuk was spot on with Fight Club: Just a bunch of insecure dumbasses feeding off each other and making the world worse for everybody.

Aramis fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Mar 21, 2024

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Vampire Panties posted:

Fear Factor days

Oh hey that reminds me that Joe Rogan is 100% a globalist shill who wants to make us eat the bugs

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

TulliusCicero posted:

I've tried understanding Joe Rogaine's appeal for years and I just...do not get it

Like he's just so dull, his "WOAH MAN THIS COULD BE REAL WOW WOAH DUUUUDE" shtick is so loving boring

He also seems REALLY dumb. Like genuinely either took too many blows to the head or too much whatever.

How does anyone consider this guy an intellectual voice about anything?

He's a stoner. Haven't you met stoners before? They are pretty stupid.

Lord Harbor
Apr 17, 2005
Bruce Campbell: You've stolen my heart, but you'll never take my freedom
Nap Ghost

Deus Ex Macklemore posted:

I took my cat to the vet yesterday and there was a gentleman, much older than me, wearing a Vietnam veteran hat. I thanked him for his service and asked him what branch and he said Air Force. I said I was sorry and he repeated Air Force louder and I said that I'd heard him I was just sorry that he was in the Air Force. I shared that I was retired Navy and the next thing out of his mouth was, "I don't understand what is going on with our military these days and where they're getting all of these woke officers from."

Then he went on to complain about the secretary of defense that was missing for a week and nobody knew where he was. The guy also told me he retired in 1984, so he clearly has his finger right on the pulse of the current military culture.

Shortly after that they came and checked him and his wife out so he could get back home to his newsmax

A lot of chuds assume that if you're in the military then you're a right-wing rear end in a top hat like them. I had a plumber doing some work at my house once so I stood around talking with him for a while; within about 30 seconds of me mentioning that I'd been in the Navy he was dropping N-bombs.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

He's a stoner. Haven't you met stoners before? They are pretty stupid.

don't be rude. call byob by its name.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Aramis posted:

The fun thing about Joe Rogan is that, for a few years now, whenever I have an acquaintance make an absolute batshit claim out of nowhere, I never have to wonder where they got it anymore. It's incredibly consistent.

Yeah.

I wish I knew how to deprogram these people, I've lost some very good friends down the MMA/Rogan black hole.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Lord Harbor posted:

A lot of chuds assume that if you're in the military then you're a right-wing rear end in a top hat like them. I had a plumber doing some work at my house once so I stood around talking with him for a while; within about 30 seconds of me mentioning that I'd been in the Navy he was dropping N-bombs.

Yeah a few years ago I had the sales manager at a car dealership spot my military license plates and completely went off about how terrible of a job Obama did and the VA is all a mess because of him specifically and then started talking about how all of these immigrants need to crawl back into the gutter that came out of.

My father-in-law moved here from Italy when he was 12 years old. I kind of wish he had been with me cuz he would have absolutely laid that dude out. I just stood there and nodded and decided I was definitely not buying a car from them.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Deus Ex Macklemore posted:

Yeah a few years ago I had the sales manager at a car dealership spot my military license plates and completely went off about how terrible of a job Obama did and the VA is all a mess because of him specifically and then started talking about how all of these immigrants need to crawl back into the gutter that came out of.

My father-in-law moved here from Italy when he was 12 years old. I kind of wish he had been with me cuz he would have absolutely laid that dude out. I just stood there and nodded and decided I was definitely not buying a car from them.

Maybe you can weigh in on this because I've been wondering

What is the correlation of "wears military/veteran hat in public at all times" to chud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

cr0y posted:

Honestly as a computer nerd I support this, if I was making gently caress you money in my youth I would have done equally stupid things with it

We had an ISDN line at home in I'm going to say the mid to late 90s? It was pretty awesome when it was 4 times as fast as your average home modem.