Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

Willa Rogers posted:

I thought he clinched it on super tuesday, same as big don.

Oops! I thought he just got really close, but no you're right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

lol, I remember when the democrats backed hogan for governor against semi-leftist ben jealous.

petard status: hoisted

https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/1770498999486681489

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

hoisted!

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

god i hate hogman

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Willa Rogers posted:

lol, I remember when the democrats backed hogan for governor against semi-leftist ben jealous.

petard status: hoisted

https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/1770498999486681489

this is like the tenth time they’ve done this! I don’t think any animal exists in this world more incapable of learning than a party democrat. maybe a sea sponge?

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

I wonder if people have the same aversion to the word "hoist" as some do to the word "moist"? What about "joist"?

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Mr. Sharps posted:

this is like the tenth time they’ve done this! I don’t think any animal exists in this world more incapable of learning than a party democrat. maybe a sea sponge?

"democrats hate leftists more than they hate republicans" has been a thing for a while.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Mr. Sharps posted:

You say that like this was a mistake and not an intentional act. Using defeat to shut-out leftists is a feature, not a bug

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

if you're expecting the dems to seize power and exercise it, i don't think you can say the dems are the ones with pattern recognition issues. they are a fake political party bribed/blackmailed by the exact same people that bribe/blackmail the republicans because representative democracy is fake and the us is a nazi shithole

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

so they’re evil sea sponges????

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

that's right

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

fundraising is winning.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

ex post facho posted:

every single thing i hear about this just further reinforces the moral and legal obligation one has to not support this demented genocidal piece of poo poo

https://twitter.com/leloveluck/status/1770392783095726373

I mean, this has always been incredibly obvious. Of course the government is fully aware that Israel's real objective is a "final solution to Gaza." They're just mad about it making them look bad.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Nothus posted:

It used to be Twitter, but Elon's changes effectively destroyed it. Now any leftist posting that goes viral gets dog-piled by blue-checks and slapped with a "community note"

They want to do the same to Tiktok

the community notes are good, OP.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

ClassActionFursuit posted:

When I think of the TikTok ban two things spring immediately to mind:

1. It's always projection and if they're worried about the what the Chinese government is doing to its social media apps then I'm worried about what our intelligence agencies are doing to ours
2. Obviously this is because it's a place where people can actually hear and see what's going on outside of the censorship regime of the west and that's unacceptable

this are also the same reasons as to why libs wanted x shut down after elon bought it.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

how'd the uncommitted vote turn out on the D side, or haven't they finished counting?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Willa Rogers posted:

how'd the uncommitted vote turn out on the D side, or haven't they finished counting?

Something like 7.5% for the state, but, and you'll love this, it was highest in Seattle at roughly 10%

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Willa Rogers posted:

I wonder if people have the same aversion to the word "hoist" as some do to the word "moist"? What about "joist"?

interesting question tbh. I mean I don't cringe when I hear "moist" but I definitely have a dimmer view of it than "hoist" or "joist". maybe it's just the effect of cultural osmosis making me feel that way

on the other hand, I do cringe when I think about the demokkkrats, who are going to be destrroyed in 2024 (inshallah)

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

^^^ Who doesn't???

BULBASAUR posted:

Something like 7.5% for the state, but, and you'll love this, it was highest in Seattle at roughly 10%

That's really cool!

I doubt biden's team will do the math & change course so pop-pop will continue to blow a gasket behind closed doors.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/_waleedshahid/status/1770219420750615022

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Please Lord, please let this be the time that the youth actually turn out to vote

I'll never ask for anything else

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I don't remember who in C-Spam said it, but they hit the nail on the head: you know Karine is bad at her job because liberals haven't turned her into a "yaas queen" like they did Psaki.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Willa Rogers posted:

Sometimes. Their purpose is to provide an instantaneous counter-narrative with a sheen of official legitimacy. If you trust Elon to always err on the side of accuracy and free speech, I guess they're good. I don't.

At any rate, what miffs them about Tiktok is that they can't slap a record-correcting note on every pro-Palestine or Biden senior moment video.

Sound Mr. Brown
Feb 21, 2005

The love of learning, the sequestered nooks,
And all the sweet serenity of books.

Willa Rogers posted:

BULBASAUR posted:

It was almost 10% statewide https://results.vote.wa.gov/results/20240312/federal-all.html

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Willa Rogers posted:

https://twitter.com/CPTMoorgan/status/1765930475212673123

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Imagine six people are trying to decide on which restaurant to go to. They're going to go to whichever restaurant has the most support regardless of what an individual member of the group thinks. Two people want to go to the burger restaurant, two want to go to the pasta restaurant. One person isn't a diehard supporter of either restaurant but sides with whichever restaurant had the better service last time. The final one hates burgers and loves pasta but the pasta restaurant is so bad they refuse to eat there and no one else will ever agree with them to go to some third restaurant that isn't terrible. One of the diehard pasta fans tries to convince the pasta lover with standards that not only do they hate burgers but the burger place has health code violations; of course, this doesn't work because the pasta place has just as many health code violations. Another complains that the burger place doesn't have any vegan options; this doesn't work because the uncommitted voter knows the pasta place also serves veal and the two burger guys make a huge show of ordering the veal every time they go there to piss off the vegan guy. In the end, only a third of the group is happy because they got exactly what they wanted and relationships are further strained between everyone and will continue to deteriorate every time they have to make a choice on lunch.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Community notes are just a tool and can be used for good or evil depending on who gets their hands on them. They're a net good because a lot of people who are used to going unchallenged are getting slapped with community notes. Even corporate press releases are getting hit.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

why did we need to wait until his second term?

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

super sweet best pal posted:

Community notes are just a tool and can be used for good or evil depending on who gets their hands on them. They're a net good because a lot of people who are used to going unchallenged are getting slapped with community notes. Even corporate press releases are getting hit.

they're a tool designed to get people to pay $8 a month for twitter lol

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

bedpan posted:

why did we need to wait until his second term?

gotta save the unpopular stuff for the time when it won't threaten you

wait someone's handing me a note about favorability on roe v wade

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/1770817431650304275

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

We did it, Joe!

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Lol

HallelujahLee has issued a correction as of 19:59 on Mar 21, 2024

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

SixteenShells posted:

so Biden is weeks away from getting enough committed delegates to just take the nomination outright, yet we've had months of polling showing that Biden will probably lose against Trump

why doesn't the Democratic Party want to win?

Remember when they ratfucked Bernie because they needed a nominee who polled well against trump. I bring this up for no reason

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

biden on track to be the most popular president of all time and cspam is seething about it

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

yay we love genocide now

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/jessesminombre/status/1770819569680076821?t=Omb4yDWM9uf3t0IAcPOzFA&s=19

So true, Decolonize Your Workplace

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

RC Cola posted:

Remember when they ratfucked Bernie because they needed a nominee who polled well against trump. I bring this up for no reason

no, that happened completely organically and notions of a centrist voltron are conspiracy theories, totally, cmon

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
i think when the dnc argued that they're under no obligation to respect the primary voting process internally is when I finally washed my hands of voting for democrats for any reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

see: it's good to lay bare the mendacity & tortured reasoning of the democrat party, and the community notes do that as well as point out when someone's lying.