Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Okada vs Kingston 9 12.68%
Jericho vs Hook 0 0%
Swerve vs Butcher 1 1.41%
Deonna and Thunder vs Toni and Toni 2 2.82%
Copeland vs Cage 32 45.07%
Best Friends vs Don Callis Family 1 1.41%
Shibata vs Matthews 1 1.41%
Takeshita vs Romero 1 1.41%
STREET FIGHT 24 33.80%
Total: 71 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i know there are some questions about what it means to be the CEO of AEW

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4yRrC_r79U/?igsh=MTN1cmsybndua3Aydg==

thankfully mercedes has put together an informative video on how to be a CEO in your own life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I don't really see it as an issue that they never went after Undisputed Kingdom because I buy Jay White as the kind of guy to suggest the team-up based on that premise purely with the intention of stabbing The Acclaimed in the back.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

lets just be happy it's over. The devil poo poo was so bad and they wanted to play off these others who were caught up in their wake but now everyone wants to just forget that poo poo so lets just move on. Also the acclaimed came off so lame last night and I just want BCG to beat them and move on and never interact with them again.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Pylons posted:

I don't really see it as an issue that they never went after Undisputed Kingdom because I buy Jay White as the kind of guy to suggest the team-up based on that premise purely with the intention of stabbing The Acclaimed in the back.

I don’t, I expect Jay white to hold that grudge

Whether or not it pays off here, idk, and i am unsure if I even want the storyline to be resolved, I am mostly just complaining that the storyline that has been done thus far has been poorly done and I am dissatisfied

(Also I am trying very hard to cope with enormous anxiety by shitposting about rasslin, i am so hosed, life is not good in the rotinaj household)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
She's so nice.

https://twitter.com/MercedesVarnado/status/1770822005664645437

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

explosivo posted:

What was the point where everybody turned on the Acclaimed? I know there were plenty of people who didn't like the acclaimed well before they won the belts but what was the catalyst for seemingly everyone to be fed up with them in general? Was it the BBSG stuff?

I feel it was when they were abruptly written out of the Devil storyline. The MJF/Caster stuff was interesting and moved both guys forward. Then the Acclaimed was beat up by Cole's goons and the follow-up was MJF ignoring it and Caster just briefly shrugging it off in a promo. Then it was interesting when both the Acclaimed and BCG wanted a piece of the Undisputed Kingdom for the prior beatdowns, but they immediately got distracted by the prospect of teaming up and forgot they were ever mad to begin with.

From there, they were just an overstuffed group with nobody to feud with. Nothing much was happening in a time when they were building to a big PPV, so the whole thing felt even more dead. It looked like a slow burn to something with a possible Caster heel turn, but then abruptly pivoted into a much-needed breakup and everyone's back where they were.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Waffleopolis posted:

I hope last night was a sign that Stokley will eventually manage Mercedes. He'd be a perfect fit.

My partner is adamant that this is the plan and I'm starting to believe as well. It would be fantastic.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Hate to see the CEO losing a fan in Erin, after she implies that a CRT isn't the optimal way to watch wrestling.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

how could she do this to me :(

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Related to CRTs, is there a good adapter to attach HDMI to one? Maybe send a PM to not clutter the thread.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

everybody chill. she's just talking about buying him a new old stock KV-27S42

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Everyone's so happy about last night and I'm here worried about my father dude Christian's poor dilz. Remember the last person that got his dick obliterated with a bat was out almost two years and lost all his confidence.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i was right

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

flashy_mcflash posted:

Everyone's so happy about last night and I'm here worried about my father dude Christian's poor dilz. Remember the last person that got his dick obliterated with a bat was out almost two years and lost all his confidence.

Copeland just doing all that to his dick and balls was exactly how I'd wrestle

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Erin she try to send you a new tv, your rear end send it back.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Majinfoose posted:

Related to CRTs, is there a good adapter to attach HDMI to one? Maybe send a PM to not clutter the thread.

In my thread about my channel setup I have a link to a good connector that doesn't require external power, but most HDMI-to-AV connectors can get the job done in a pinch before you start going to the specialized stuff. :science:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

flashy_mcflash posted:

The last person got hit with a bat, but Copeland put all those nails so close together, maybe he did the whole bed of nails thing where the surface area is too diffuse

Have faith in your daddy and wait to see

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

panko posted:

that’s pretty much right outside the gates

right. and the kia is nowhere to be seen

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Did they ever mention what the deal was with the action figures on the commentary table? They were there in the background of so many shots and I can’t remember if they ever said anything about them, but I may have just missed it in my sickly stupor.

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

That's the same entranceway we went through to get to the show and I saw the car parked to the side and I was like "huh, whose supercar is that? Hopefully a wrestler and not just a rich guy"

Them the show started and it turns out it was a wrestler who IS a rich guy!

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

A Fancy Hat posted:

I don't know if you can have Willow be a heel. It seems physically impossible.

Mercedes working heel against Willow, though? And joined by Stokely has her hype man? I could see that.

I feel like Mercedes/Stat simultaneous heel turns on Willow to form a new unit with Stoke as mouthpiece is the ideal way for things to shake out.

I dunno if they have the guts to bring in Mercedes as a face-of-the-company figure and then immediately turn her heel though; feels like we’re going to get a Punk thing of her playing against optimal type for a while

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

Shard posted:

Erin she try to send you a new tv, your rear end send it back.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

xbilkis posted:

I feel like Mercedes/Stat simultaneous heel turns on Willow to form a new unit with Stoke as mouthpiece is the ideal way for things to shake out.

I dunno if they have the guts to bring in Mercedes as a face-of-the-company figure and then immediately turn her heel though; feels like we’re going to get a Punk thing of her playing against optimal type for a while

Eh, presenting Mercedes as a heel right now is uphill booking that AEW doesn't need.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Okada turned heel immediately upon joining and Ospreay is part of a heel group(?) and people go crazy for both of them

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Parallax posted:

Okada turned heel immediately upon joining and Ospreay is part of a heel group(?) and people go crazy for both of them

Ospreay is technically part of a heel group but he is absolutely not presented as a heel.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Parallax posted:

Realheads knew Okada was always heel when he came in

:colbert:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Parallax posted:

Osprey is playing mega face while being aligned with the most nuclear heat heel on the roster and they are dealing with it basically by ignoring it, which kinda owns

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I can't remember who said it but I love the analysis that after fighting smug, overpowered gaijin heels forever, Okada just decided to become one.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
I kind of assumed his first major angle in AEW would be breaking off from the Don Callis Family so that they're choosing instead to just ignore the association for the most part is an interesting route to take. My positive assumption on the matter is that they're waiting for Mark Davis to get healthy before they actually get the breakoff started.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Captain Foo posted:

I do expect there’s some sort of a twist

Wardlow beats Adam Cole so badly that MJF comes to Cole's aid. Because AEW is about friendship and friendship is about forgiving people.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

mooseinfants posted:

I kind of assumed his first major angle in AEW would be breaking off from the Don Callis Family so that they're choosing instead to just ignore the association for the most part is an interesting route to take. My positive assumption on the matter is that they're waiting for Mark Davis to get healthy before they actually get the breakoff started.

I could see this, UE breaking away from callis

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

I still think they wanted to bring him in as a heel for now, but his first scrum and especially his first promo killed that idea dead.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

ChrisBTY posted:

Wardlow beats Adam Cole so badly that MJF comes to Cole's aid. Because AEW is about friendship and friendship is about forgiving people.

I would actually be down for that, esp if wardlow had gone through the rest of the undis kingdo by then

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://x.com/AEW/status/1770909458383687952?s=20 Cope Open's back next Saturday

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

hell yeah

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

we love our cope dont we folks

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

800k/0.27
541k/0.18

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Hmm. Much to think about.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

projecthalaxy posted:

Hmm. Much to think about.

lol the complaints over the Jericho zone eating Ricky Starks alive got to him so much he wanted to make hook look like a killer, except hook already did that and Jericho just looks like a bandwagon jumper

lol and also lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

yea ok posted:

800k/0.27
541k/0.18

Hope we don't get a third hour but other than that not much to Discourse about.