Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Okada vs Kingston 9 12.68%
Jericho vs Hook 0 0%
Swerve vs Butcher 1 1.41%
Deonna and Thunder vs Toni and Toni 2 2.82%
Copeland vs Cage 32 45.07%
Best Friends vs Don Callis Family 1 1.41%
Shibata vs Matthews 1 1.41%
Takeshita vs Romero 1 1.41%
STREET FIGHT 24 33.80%
Total: 71 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Does that mean a few hundred thousand people didn’t care who won Cope vs Cage, seems weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Eat My Fuc posted:

Does that mean a few hundred thousand people didn’t care who won Cope vs Cage, seems weird

(Nigel McGuinness ) A few hundred thousand people were SHOCKED at the barbaric actions of Adam Copeland against our Patriarch, Christ-eean Cage!

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

yea ok posted:

800k/0.27
541k/0.18

seems bad

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

In my thread about my channel setup I have a link to a good connector that doesn't require external power, but most HDMI-to-AV connectors can get the job done in a pinch before you start going to the specialized stuff. :science:

Dope, thanks!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

yea ok posted:

800k/0.27
541k/0.18

lmfao

projecthalaxy posted:

Hmm. Much to think about.

classic out of context melzer posting

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

stupid rear end aew just accidentally quit as a company by repeating those words. we're all loving hosed

closet statist
Mar 9, 2010

Really want Okada to beat Eddie for a second time for the ROH title and then have Eddie retake the triple crown in time for next year's C2. Sad Eddie introspection -> victory always rocks so much

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Hobbes beat Jericho the same way and it launched him to the superstardom he enjoys today

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Tato posted:

Hobbs beat Jericho the same way and it launched him to the superstardom he enjoys today

Is that Jericho's fault though? TK's the one who didn't follow up fast enough on Hobbs or Starks.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Let's not forget Jericho calling a shitload of suplexes out of Yuta, which also helped make the kid (heal faster you awful, petulant turd.)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

CombineThresher posted:

Is that Jericho's fault though? TK's the one who didn't follow up fast enough on Hobbs or Starks.

That's exactly what Meltzer and Bryan go on to discuss

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

survivor had its highest rating since season 4 way back in 2002, so theres definitely some crossover.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

aew needs bhanu.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i'll binge that when it's done

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
is this some special survivor season or something? what's their booking secret?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

this time even the survivor isn't guaranteed to survive

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Tato posted:

is this some special survivor season or something? what's their booking secret?

it got a huge popularity boost during covid and most of the post-covid seasons have been a really good mix of entertaining gameplay + human interest stories so there's something for the whole family. and they only cast superfans obsessed with making entertaining moves. also also the episodes are like 90 minutes now for more audience retention for longer

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

projecthalaxy posted:

Hmm. Much to think about.

"Please guys i need Jericho as a source I have so little left"

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Edge is not a draw, nihil novi sub sole

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

yea ok posted:

it got a huge popularity boost during covid and most of the post-covid seasons have been a really good mix of entertaining gameplay + human interest stories so there's something for the whole family. and they only cast superfans obsessed with making entertaining moves. also also the episodes are like 90 minutes now for more audience retention for longer

Sounds like the real marks are in the back, brother

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

tony should hire the survivor writers

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

in order to compete with survivor aew should have a series of matches pitting two teams of 4 or 5 guys against each other where guys are eliminated one by one until only person remains

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Gives action andretti a flash pin, gives ricky starks, cassidy, and kingston their first high profile pape victories, and now has hook brutalize him. Yes certainly the work of a heat vampire constantly protecting their spot.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Defenestrategy posted:

Gives action andretti a flash pin, gives ricky starks, cassidy, and kingston their first high profile pape victories, and now has hook brutalize him. Yes certainly the work of a heat vampire constantly protecting their spot.

exactly how a heat vampire would like us to think

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The ideal trios division is one based almost entirely around party matches every few weeks with the titles changing hands about every 3 to 6 defenses, with teams constantly being formed as guys try to get the ideal team that gels enough to beat the current guys.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Jericho can both have the ability to put guys over in matches while also being a heat vacuum/vampire because his feuds and stories drag on far longer than they ever should.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Name a single tag team that has survived being part of a Jericho faction in AEW

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

fez_machine posted:

Sammy Guevara and Getting Suspended

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

fez_machine posted:

le sex gods

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

fez_machine posted:

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://x.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1770947338984681729?s=20 Dave said number Good. Sorry haters and hellthreaders.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
dave wrong as usual 🤣

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Very good. Works for me. Sounds like we’re back.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

got bad news for you about how much Angelo Parker and Matt Menard have been appearing on screen together in the last few months

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
At this point I'm not really concerned about the numbers unless they're really good or really bad because it seems like we're in a very stable groove and there's a devoted fanbase that's always gonna watch unless the show takes a nosedive, and while there may be something they could do to get more viewers that's their job.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

yea ok posted:

This season has been overwhelmingly focused on the bonehead tribe that loses every challenge and is filled with the worst players in every way, and constant crying. it doing monster numbers is just a second fanbase that I don't understand

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Pylons posted:

https://x.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1770947338984681729?s=20 Dave said number Good. Sorry haters and hellthreaders.

dave saying this will only embolden the haters

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

where are the god drat sasha stans i heard so much about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I love Sasha but i’m waiting for a match she sucks at promos but shines hard in ring