Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

seems like op only needed to be a little bit stupider for it to work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Shanghaied posted:

Yes. I would say that I'm shocked that people still think that's a thing that works in TYOOL 2024, but on the other hand manosphere shitstains like Andrew Tate are still incredibly popular so, yeah.

lol he was re-arrested thanks to another idiot streamer leaking his plants to leave Romania, so he's not giving advice or going anywhere for a while.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
The same idiot streamer that’s on video sniffing the chair where Andrew Tate had just been sitting in a short bathrobe.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
What do you think his chair smells like haha

Pantaloon Pontiff
Jun 25, 2023

The_Franz posted:

lol he was re-arrested thanks to another idiot streamer leaking his plants to leave Romania, so he's not giving advice or going anywhere for a while.

I know that's a typo, but I like the idea that an idiot streamer somehow let Tate's plants escape from Romania, which led to Tate getting rearrested.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Pope Corky the IX posted:

The same idiot streamer that’s on video sniffing the chair where Andrew Tate had just been sitting in a short bathrobe.

don't sign ur posts

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
poo poo, my monitor was off too.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Kuros posted:

Only one half of the couple has bad vibes? Show up in a half and half costume.

Yes, but one side ren faire one side Star Wars. I wouldn't be surprised if there's already Imperial Stormtrooper or Mandalorian mixed with bard in tunic outfits out there.

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

CannonFodder posted:

Yes, but one side ren faire one side Star Wars. I wouldn't be surprised if there's already Imperial Stormtrooper or Mandalorian mixed with bard in tunic outfits out there.

Stormtroopers wearing kilts have been a thing for a while.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

axolotl farmer posted:

a Fairly Oddpatents steampunk suit that you can’t wear for anything else

Coward

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Well that would be infringing if it's patented, even if the patent is odd.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Tobermory posted:

Stormtroopers wearing kilts have been a thing for a while.
True.

"A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away..."
*BLAST OF BAGPIPES*

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

artsy fartsy posted:

What do you think his chair smells like haha

Sweat.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA for telling my husband that he needs to "hurry the hell up" because I'm tired of staying with his mother?

Oh dear, OP has found herself in the middle of a Stephen King novel.

Spoiler alert: there is no house

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Yeah I'm curious what the hell is going on with house cleaning husband.
-He's become kinda OCD about cleaning the house, anything that *feels* dirty needs to be ripped out and replaced with new *CLEAN* items and it will never end. She'll eventually find him in a puddle of hand sanitizer, shaved of all hair, muttering about his need to be pure.
-He's a lazy piece of poo poo that hasn't actually been cleaning or doing much and keeps delaying because he's developing mental illness levels of procrastination.
-He loves being away from his wife and doesn't want to live with her, he's doing everything he can to be apart for as long as possible but doesn't have the spine to just divorce or talk about things.
-He's developed HGTV brain worms and thinks he has to handyman self-renovate everything in the house to be 2024 trendy because so much of it is horribly dated 2019 design.
-He hosed something up really bad trying to do-it-yourself and is desperately trying to figure out how to fix it without calling in outside help because he's a sales engineer and should be able to figure out basic joist engineering himself.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
It's much more satisfying to identify, scope out, and carefully catalogue future projects than it is to actually do any of these projects. I assume that when you buy a house it's exactly the same, just on a larger scale.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
It sometimes takes a while for consequences to arrive, but they do arrive.

AITA for telling my mom what did she expect?

quote:

My son Adam was always a sensitive child. Interested in collecting bugs and reading as a kid. He would always tell us about his latest interest in detail and my mother was always “children should be seen and not heard” type.

My kids were not around her much and always referred to her as mean nana. She never got any better, and any time she saw Adam as an adult she’d make fun of him for anything. We’d call her out on it but it was always us being sensitive or it was a joke.

Adam eventually quit going to any family event on my side. I didn't blame him at all. He’s just posted his engagement pics on Instagram, and mean nana saw it and started asking about the wedding. I know for a fact Adam is not inviting his mean nana and my lovely DIL is an outspoken women wouldn’t allow it anyways.

My mom doesn't have Adam’s number. I refused to give it to her. My mother basically lost her poo poo when she found out she and 90% of my side of the family isn’t invited because most people make excuses for my mother and how my son went NC with her years ago. My mom was upset and crying about how could I let this happen and how can his grandmother not be at the wedding. It’s unheard of. I asked her “what did she expect when she treated Adam like that?” She got defensive and asked if I could talk to Adam for her. I said no. Then she said I’m no daughter to her if she can’t come and I told her that’s fine but I can’t force Adam to invite her. My siblings and family are extremely upset that the “family matriarch” isn’t invited and how people have been sending all sorts of rude messages to me and my children over it. My mom was crying nonstop when she realized we don’t love her and ect ect. I feel bad for my mom but I don't know what she expected from Adam.
LOL, eat poo poo gran. Sit on your "family matriarch" throne and die mad.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

MOD EDIT: Do not post what you yourself refer to as “elaborate sexual assault fanfiction” regardless of whether or not you use a content warning. Story has been removed. - Pope Corky the IX

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Mar 22, 2024

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

C'mon, AITAH is an even more blatant fiction repository due to its low moderation approach, and I don't think anyone's itching to read sexual assault-centric stories here anyway.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

Captain Hygiene posted:

C'mon, AITAH is an even more blatant fiction repository due to its low moderation approach, and I don't think anyone's itching to read sexual assault-centric stories here anyway.

It's clearly grabbed people's attention. but I agree, and thus the content warning.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I wouldn’t post SA stories here as a rule of thumb anyway.

peachy...
Jan 15, 2020

~hey~
That really wasn't worth posting, I don't think

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Linking one of the reddit archive site would have been enough.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Yeah that seems like not the sort of thing for this thread

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Yeah, dunno about that one there, chief

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Yeah, don't have a very literal and explicit thread rule against posting abuse (especially sexual abuse) stories?

Anyway, here's another entry in the great book of open marriage self-owns

My wife broke down yesterday because I got my polyamorous partner an emotional gift. Was I wrong?

quote:

So my wife(34 F) and I (35M) have been married for 8 years now, and we have a 7 year old boy. We decided to open up our relationship last year to spice up our bedroom life. It hurt me a little bit when she brought up the topic, but I agreed because I loved my boy, and still loved her. We set a couple of rules, to not bring a partner at home, try not to form an emotional bond, and to have your partner tested and to also get yourself tested regularly.

Well it’s been a year, and to be fair, our bedroom life has been amazing since we opened the relationship. My wife definitely has had a lot more success than me, which isn’t that surprising. She’s a catch. She’s been with a lot of great looking guys the past year, it’s honestly a confidence booster, as weird as that sounds.

Well the issue now pertains to a woman (F30) who I met on Bumble. She’s the only person I’ve been talking to since opening up the relationship. She knows that I’m married, and I have been truthful to her about everything. There’s no emotional connection between us whatsoever but I love talking to her, and we have vibed really well. She had a traumatic childhood, especially when her mother passed away when she was 14. She was really close to her, and also has her name tattooed over her heart. She never wants a relationship ever because she feels she’s too broken to have one but she loves the connection we have. We’ve given each other lots of small gifts over the past year.

Her birthday is coming up on Sunday, and I spent a lot of time on her gift. I am giving her a personalized photo watch with her mom’s photo. I also had her mom’s initials engraved below the watch. I went to great lengths to customize it. I was packing up the watch yesterday in a gift box when my wife came over and asked me about the gift. She knows about her, and how close I’ve gotten with her. I showed her the gift and the letter I had written.

Well I didn’t expect what happened after that. She completely broke down and started crying really hard, I was honestly stunned because she gave no indications about this whatsoever. I panicked a bit because I’ve never seen her cry this much, so I spent a lot of time consoling her. We spoke for a bit, and she said she was being completely unreasonable but it just hurt her seeing how much thought and effort I was putting into my relationship with my partner. I assured her that that there is zero emotional connection between us. I will always love only my wife and my child, but my wife's seemed completely in a shell since yesterday.

Was I overstepping my limits with the gift?
Guy gets browbeaten into opening his marriage, finds someone he has a sympathetic and emotional connection to, neglects his wife to spend his energy on making his new partner happy, and wife has a breakdown when she finds out.

Dude might want to more deeply consider what he means when he says "zero emotional connection".

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Wife is the one who wanted to open the marriage :shrug:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Yeah, she's the one who owned herself. She pushed to open the marriage, husband reluctantly agreed, she has a fun time playing the field until she realizes her husband has found someone he really cares about, and that causes her to have a massive breakdown. She opened the marriage, and was stunned when her husband walked through that open door and met someone that he wanted to spend time with.

Although the husband isn't fooling anyone (except maybe himself) with all his talk about "zero emotional connection"

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

I have zero emotional connection with this person I have sex with and vibe with and get heartfelt gifts for

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Shanghaied posted:

I love how many people are just completely clueless about the current market price of childcare, because they've been completely shield from that by the kindness of family/friends lol. Like "OMG she's asking for $1 an hour, can you believe it???!!! A WHOLE dollar!!!" Well, you're about to find out what people who don't already like you charge for watching your kids lmao.

There's a certain pleasure when someone who's a jerk about how things can't be that expensive suddenly and harshly learns that they can be. Like the thing here but I've seen it with an added comment laughing because "you're so mad that you had to take your own offer." It's good times.

AAM again

quote:

Yesterday I was at a legal department meeting and mentioned I was taking advantage of some of the great training courses my company has offered lately – an AI boot camp, a CPR class, and a self-defense training course.

I’m a paralegal, and a senior attorney asked why I’d want to take self-defense training. At first, I thought he was kidding and I said, “Take a look at me, I’m tiny and getting old.” (I’m female, almost 60, and weigh about 110 pounds). He persisted though, and I realized he was serious. He started into this rant about how people are “so afraid of everything these days and for no good reason.” I was incredulous that he would have to ask why a woman might be interested in learning to defend herself and said, “Attorney, if you have to ask me that question, I don’t think I can have this conversation with you.” He kept pushing so I said, “I’m a woman, Attorney.” He responded that it has nothing to do with being a man or a woman. I said, “Of course it does” and repeated that I couldn’t have that conversation with him.

Then he says, “Seriously, who do you know that’s ever been attacked?” I just turned and walked away from him. I wasn’t going to tell him in front of all those people that I have been attacked and I personally know several women who could have used self-defense training in real life (who doesn’t??), not just to ward off an actual attacker, but to learn to avoid danger and to gain confidence that you can take with you going forward. I was so angry I was shaking!

After that, he ignored me. He wouldn’t make eye contact or anything even though he was sitting near me. He’s acting like I disrespected him or something by walking away from him. I’ve known this attorney for eight years. He’s very adversarial and loves a good argument, but we previously had a pretty good relationship so this saddens me — but I’m also super pissed. I don’t know if I should try to get through to him to salvage the relationship, or wait for him to apologize to me (because really that’s what I think should happen). The hierarchy also plays into it, as he is very senior to me and it would serve me to stay in his good graces. I’m not sure where to go from here.

quote:

Can you just leave it alone and see if it resolves on its own? It’s possible that the reason he wouldn’t make eye contact with you afterwards is because he realized he’d F’d up. Simply proceeding as if everything is fine may let you both move forward, especially if you look for an opportunity to have a normal work-related interaction soon, where you can demonstrate that you are behaving normally, which may make him more inclined to as well.

To be clear, he should apologize to you. With the hierarchy and politics of a law firm, he may not.

gently caress THIS GUY

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Break his legs.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Being super aggressive toward a 60 year old woman taking a simple self defense class, great look, mr lawyer.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Baronjutter posted:

Yeah I'm curious what the hell is going on with house cleaning husband..

he's having an affair

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Busters posted:

I'll be archiving it here.

No you won’t.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

trickybiscuits posted:

More AAM:

A future estranged parent, unless they can get it together
For me the huge red flag about this person is:

She says "Whilst I know that my son has told me that he doesn't want anyone at his wedding/elopement, and I have made my peace with the fact that it is his decision. But I also know that this is truly the decision of his evil harpy of a fiancee, just trying to steal my beautiful baby boy from me. I am so hurt and angry."

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

please don't post that stuff in this thread again.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

please don't post that stuff in this thread again.

The post has been edited out and they’ve been put on probation. I apologize for not getting to it sooner. We can move on now.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

"Opening up a relationship" usually just means loving someone else.

But it can also mean "forming emotional connections with someone else". You know like in a relationship.

And depending on the people involved, both can be equally fun, or equally hurtful.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

titty_baby_ posted:

I have zero emotional connection with this person I have sex with and vibe with and get heartfelt gifts for
I didn't see sex mentioned there, except for his wife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

He's falling in love and his wife can tell. She's scared he's going to leave her, and hell, he might.

meanwhile, the AITAs of teenagers are amazing :allears:

AITA for telling my friend to not tell their crush how they feel?

quote:

TW: mention of suicide

So my (16 M) friend (16 M) who we will call Tee is a very close friend of mine despite us only being friends for about 7 months. He recently went through a super traumatic break up. Like he walked to my house crying and was threatening his life it was that bad, but I’ve always been there to try and help him. I’ve also introduced him to my friend group which consists of 5 boys and 1 girl, who we will call Elle. Elle and me had been friends for years. Since we’ve been 4. Me and her aren’t super close but she is definitely someone I would put in my emergency contacts. I love her. She is one of my best friends and her and my boyfriend are also super close. She also had just gotten rejected by her long time crush. She is a very skittish lady and romance isn’t her top priority. She also has just met Tee. Like. Very recently. They have had 2 conversations maybe and that was in the last 2 weeks.

Now, here is where I might be the rear end in a top hat. So Tee tends to be very dramatic. He exaggerates a lot of things and makes them seem a lot worse than they actually are. Like for example, he said his family would make fun of his previous girlfriend, when actually they were just teasing him about even having one and saying he was a lover boy (I’ve heard these conversations myself) Recently, Tee has told me that he had a crush on someone in our friend group and that he was thinking about telling them. This concerned me, because 5/6 people in our group had partners, except Elle, who he barely knew. So when I asked him who, he made me do a bunch of tasks to find out, which annoyed me because I didn’t really care THAT much, but he insisted I did them. When I found out it was Elle, I was extremely confused, and I mentioned how he spoken a handful of words to her. He said that it didn’t matter because he was in love with her and was going to tell her. I strongly advised him not to, because he was far from her type, she would reject him, and future hang outs would be awkward or people wouldn’t want to come. He told me that he would think about it and one of our other friends told him to play the waiting game, which I reminded them that Elle had just got rejected and it would probably be awhile (like. Years) before she was ready to date again. Tee told me that I was discouraging him, which has started to make me mad. I’m starting to think he only likes Elle for her looks and not actually for HER. I recently asked him after one of his rants about her if he even knew her middle name, which he replied with “no, but we played Minecraft last night! I’m advancing into friend level!”

That irked me bad. You should ALREADY be friends with someone you have a crush on. I’m thinking about dropping him as a friend because he has said some kinda racist remarks about how black actors can’t play stereotypically white characters because it’s either “not historically accurate” or “not the same as the original source material” and this whole situation isn’t helping me. I just wanna protect my friends.

AITA??

ChickenOfTomorrow fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Mar 22, 2024