Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

it was just the most recent two, to be clear

here is Kendra Gaylord comparing the $15-30k "amazon house" to the old sears catalog houses

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_a0jo5_0Ao

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Mar 21, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/MatttGFX/status/1767065666136236126

Imagining a western media youtuber who makes the same incredulous exaggerated style of videos people do about Kingdom Hearts or Fate/Stay Night but it's like, comic books and cartoons. Five video long series power ranking everyone from the Boondocks and Rocket Power.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

RareAcumen posted:

Imagining a western media youtuber who makes the same incredulous exaggerated style of videos people do about Kingdom Hearts or Fate/Stay Night but it's like, comic books and cartoons. Five video long series power ranking everyone from the Boondocks and Rocket Power.

I mean there are a ton of those about poo poo like Marvel/DC comics and shows like Steven Universe or Adventure Time.

That genre is in no way limited to JRPGs.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

There's tons of those.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah this is already a whole genre of videos. Except without the "get a load of this poo poo" face. So many videos that are just summarizing various story arcs/issues with the art flashing on screen without any text in the voice bubbles.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Like remember that Jello Apocalypse idiot who blew up his own professional reputation by poo poo talking a translation he worked on? His youtube bread and butter was making exactly those kinds of videos about mostly western cartoons so you too could learn that Star from Star vs the forces of Evil was actually a terrible bitch and the nice guy love interest was too good for her.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i wonder if there's still people making "105 facts about Avatar!! fact #1: the main character's name is Aang. fact #2: he's bald" videos

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

The 7th Guest posted:

i wonder if there's still people making "105 facts about Avatar!! fact #1: the main character's name is Aang. fact #2: he's bald" videos

Isn't this just the old Frederator/Cartoon Hangover bread and butter?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

The 7th Guest posted:

Pretty sure the official channel is basically that now. Which makes sense since their last real content was Korra and that ended in 2014 :v:

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Zore posted:

I mean there are a ton of those about poo poo like Marvel/DC comics and shows like Steven Universe or Adventure Time.

That genre is in no way limited to JRPGs.

Don't forget Star Wars, I've never looked at a Star Wars thing that wasn't the movies but I still know the infamous Expanded Universe insanity from all the posts.

Triclops. Trioculus. Tricolps and Trioculus somehow being two different characters.

mycot fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Mar 21, 2024

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Crain posted:

Isn't this just the old Frederator/Cartoon Hangover bread and butter?
IDK if that brand still exists or not and i'm too lazy to search!!!

Cartoon Hangover, that is. i know Frederator's still around

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

The 7th Guest posted:

IDK if that brand still exists or not and i'm too lazy to search!!!

Cartoon Hangover, that is. i know Frederator's still around

Lol, yes apparently.

And also here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ccXqsWf5gw

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Zore posted:

Like remember that Jello Apocalypse idiot who blew up his own professional reputation by poo poo talking a translation he worked on? His youtube bread and butter was making exactly those kinds of videos about mostly western cartoons so you too could learn that Star from Star vs the forces of Evil was actually a terrible bitch and the nice guy love interest was too good for her.
wonder if that guy had issues

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
His issue was wanting to be a somehow even lazier and more disingenuous CinemaSins.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

His issue was wanting to be a somehow even lazier and more disingenuous CinemaSins.

So then, he then did that to something he actually worked on and burned every bridge in that industry he was trying to break into?

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Endorph posted:

wonder if that guy had issues

Idk. Last I checked, all he did lately was asking about gdq and board games. Surprisingly, his latest tweets are not full of people asking about his blacklisting.

Annointed fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Mar 22, 2024

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Runa posted:

So then, he then did that to something he actually worked on and burned every bridge in that industry he was trying to break into?
basically. his mindset seems to have been that because he didnt like it it was completely without value.
https://www.animefeminist.com/unlovely-complex-social-justice-misogyny-and-the-lovely-complex-dub/

i know i got done ragging on anifem but this is actually a really good summary and analysis of it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the most illustrative change is when the protag gets a crush on her teacher because he looks like an anime boy she likes. this is not a relationship that is taken remotely seriously and just exists as a way to make the actual love interest realize he does have some interest in the protag, since he gets a little jealous. it is treated as the protag being kind of silly but a pretty harmless thing teenage girls do, because, yeah, getting a crush on a hot teacher is actually pretty normal for teenagers.

quote:

Sub:

Risa: Though it might be easier to just fall for him.

Nobu: Over my dead body: I won’t let you date a guy that cold!

Risa: If only there were a “Continue” option in real life…

Nobu: That may have been poetry to you, but to me it was gamer babble. Scowling only makes ya less appealing!

the characters are just joking, and they're dumb teenagers. again, at no point in the actual narrative is her dating the teacher a serious possibility, they're just discussing it as a fantasy.

quote:

Dub:

Risa: Though maybe I should just go for him.

Nobu: Over my dead body! He’s a teacher!

Risa: I guess… But the teacher route is pretty common in visual novels…

Nobu: Oh cool. But in real life, that’s gross, and those video game boys of yours would go to jail. Pout at me all you want, you know I’m right.

we need nobu to turn into a robot about morality to condemn this high school girl for having a dumb fantasy. #improved

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Endorph posted:

the most illustrative change is when the protag gets a crush on her teacher because he looks like an anime boy she likes. this is not a relationship that is taken remotely seriously and just exists as a way to make the actual love interest realize he does have some interest in the protag, since he gets a little jealous. it is treated as the protag being kind of silly but a pretty harmless thing teenage girls do, because, yeah, getting a crush on a hot teacher is actually pretty normal for teenagers.

the characters are just joking, and they're dumb teenagers. again, at no point in the actual narrative is her dating the teacher a serious possibility, they're just discussing it as a fantasy.

we need nobu to turn into a robot about morality to condemn this high school girl for having a dumb fantasy. #improved
Real talk I do like your posts when you are more serious. They are good reads.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/devtesla/status/1770852506593083765?t=3jFhuG94SwkDh8GgssL85Q&s=19

This is a game where a lady changes costumes to fight

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

:beerpal:

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!

Talking about "Commander of the galaxy type women" and doesn't even acknowledge Rosalina, smdh

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Okay but does Peach shoot Andy Warhol at any point in the game? This is important.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

how is princess peach supposed to cut up men if they don't exist in the game

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

why would a website have pronouns

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

really into the scum manifesto + wokeism + PRONOUNS is giving me some vibes

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

And she doesnt even need a gun

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Endorph posted:

really into the scum manifesto + wokeism + PRONOUNS is giving me some vibes

I'm honestly a bit confused how to take it. I can't imagine anyone ever thinking about the SCUM manifesto at all. "A world without men?" Toad's a dude.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Grondoth posted:

I'm honestly a bit confused how to take it. I can't imagine anyone ever thinking about the SCUM manifesto at all. "A world without men?" Toad's a dude.

toad is a fungus

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Grondoth posted:

also the weird idea that this is the first video game in history to have an almost entirely female cast

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Grondoth posted:

Toad is a fungus

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

pentyne posted:

toad is a fungus

correct, fellow Marioknower

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I've written some obtuse comparisons in my time just to show off how I'd read something but never like this.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

pentyne posted:

toad is a fungus

This is actually true, both toad and toadette are genderless beings. I did not know this lore.

Still, what the absolute hell

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
you fool!!!!!! those are not mere brick blocks and horse tail plants, those are the citizens of the Mushroom Kingdom transformed by Dark Koopa Magic :tizzy:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Why are so many people such loving freaks about Princess Peach?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sydin posted:

if you only play nintendo games and AAA shooters shes the most traditionally feminine thing in video games

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Sydin posted:

Their education about social justice began and ended with learning about male gaze and the term "problematic".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Sydin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3S0QZeDGdE