Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Shwqa posted:

Wow, cantrips got pretty nerfed this update. I guess they were insanely strong, but they were my crutch.

How so? I had a good run last night with cantrips and I didn't really notice a difference. It's been a while since I played though so maybe I'm misremembering something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

distortion park posted:

Curses have always been lower costed than the blessing equivalent, they sort of have to be for balance as you can build towards the blessings/away from the curses.

I think the point is that you literally cannot take Better Items +2 there.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Banana Peel + Timestone = :lol:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

explosivo posted:

How so? I had a good run last night with cantrips and I didn't really notice a difference. It's been a while since I played though so maybe I'm misremembering something.

The juggler specifically got nerfed with a caltrop side, although it's almost a wash since they also got one of their 1 damage cantrips upgraded.

Some of the new monsters punish attacking indiscriminately, although I don't think there's anything super gamechanging.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Nightmare mode will kill your whole poo poo if you're heavy on cantrips; scaled-up Thorns have a shitload of health to chew through and still do 5 retaliation damage per hit, and Icons of Decay or whatever will nuke your pips good and fast (God help you if you run into the Death equivalent).

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Uhh...is there a reason why in portrait mode the dice are on the opposite side of the screen from the rest of the buttons? It's just making me move my hand constantly for seemingly no reason.

I just don't see why you don't put the dice on the bottom with the buttons instead.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

the holy poopacy posted:

Really? It seemed considerably easier than the other final bosses. The defense seems like a doozy at first but its offense is drastically weaker than the rest. I'd think it would take an extreme glass cannon build to have any trouble with it.

It has Era and a damage+self heal side. A glass cannon team would actually have a much easier time with it.

EDIT
You can re-name your dudes now. Does that work with the items that are name dependent? Can you just acquire one of the idols and decide "I'm going to give myself +[character limit] HP"?

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Well. Okay then.

e: I rerolled, the troll instantly died, and I got a shadow achievement for using a side with 15+ keywords lmao

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Diephoon posted:

Just unlocked RAID mode.

https://i.imgur.com/q7s1KMv.mp4

Surely I won't get rolled by Hexia THIS time.

Hexias, my friend.

Hexias.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Hammer Bro. posted:

Hexias, my friend.

Hexias.

Hexias.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
OH HEY, speaking of: Hexia now over-damages with its mana burn ability, so you can't heal through it.

Whoever was giving you feedback on poo poo like balance prior to this update is not doing you any favors.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Just stacked up against Wendigo for the first time and weird question, is there an option to target possessed allies with Stun sides to avoid blasting yourself in the face? Stun being a side that isn't supposed to target allies but it would be helpful

ChrisXP
Nov 25, 2004

"In football, time and space are the same thing."
Delighted with all this new stuff, especially since I've been playing since v1 so it's amazing to still be getting new free content.

My son also adores this game and creates his own battles with his toys and literally rolls dice. He LOVES the mod idea but it's way too hard for him, as he is only 7.

I'm thinking of writing some kinda interface to make it easier for him. If anyone has any ideas about how to make this easier then I'm all ears.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Jedit posted:

I think the point is that you literally cannot take Better Items +2 there.

Yep, and usually curses/blessings with multiple levels don't get presented together in the same choices, and when you do have an existing one and they combine the same types together

(for instance on blursed mode you can upgrade from a 4 point boss smash to a 8 point boss smash+ and only have one active blessing)

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

How does “inspired” work exactly? I don’t know what it means by “if the previous dice this turn was higher”. Does that mean more pips, or is it the 1-6 side numbering that matters? Is it talking about the previous re-roll, or the one played by another hero?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Subjunctive posted:

How does “inspired” work exactly? I don’t know what it means by “if the previous dice this turn was higher”. Does that mean more pips, or is it the 1-6 side numbering that matters? Is it talking about the previous re-roll, or the one played by another hero?

If the die you allocated to a target this turn was a higher pip value

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

If the die you allocated to a target this turn was a higher pip value

ah, it’s based on the target, got it

I assume there’s no way to share unlocks between iOS and Steam versions, for when I inevitably double dip?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Subjunctive posted:

ah, it’s based on the target, got it

I assume there’s no way to share unlocks between iOS and Steam versions, for when I inevitably double dip?

I believe there is a copy to clipbaord option

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Tunicate posted:

I believe there is a copy to clipbaord option

man, Tann thought of everything. I guess I need to copy back and forth myself, but I can probably find some way to automate that

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah I would love a cloud save of some sort, I picked it up on Steam but will probably be playing on mobile a majority of the time. I know about copying the code but depending on how often I go back and forth it'll be a bit of a pain to get the code every time.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I feel like there’s some way you could use iCloud for the save and point Steam/Android versions at it, but that belief is not burdened by facts

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
There's an option to make the dice actually 1 in 6.

What are they defaulted to?

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Veryslightlymad posted:

Physics engine?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Veryslightlymad posted:

apparently some peopel are worried the physics sim isn't sufficiently random

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Angry Diplomat posted:

Nightmare mode will kill your whole poo poo if you're heavy on cantrips; scaled-up Thorns have a shitload of health to chew through and still do 5 retaliation damage per hit, and Icons of Decay or whatever will nuke your pips good and fast (God help you if you run into the Death equivalent).

i was just running nightmare with a party built around cantrips and ran into one of the death sigils. three heroes gone on the first dice roll lol

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Now With Fresh Citrus Scent!

lol, straight broke the game while seeing how some of the new content would impact a pacifist run. Can't say I've seen that happen before. Submitted a bug report. I can access the menu, quit and rejoin the game. I can select characters, but then if I try to actually target anything I get the error message.

Lemony fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Mar 21, 2024

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Tunicate posted:

Wait until they find out the weight of each face is determined by the number of pixels on it and the material tann used for the dice at the time

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Lemony posted:

lol, straight broke the game while seeing how some of the new content would impact a pacifist run. Can't say I've seen that happen before. Submitted a bug report. I can access the menu, quit and rejoin the game. I can select characters, but then if I try to actually target anything I get the error message.

Earlier I had a Nightmare run enter a failure state where the moment I loaded that run, the game would instantly crash. It's probably because I had a guy rocking the Emerald Satchel (gain the the effects of all non-equipped items) and an inventory crammed full of insane poo poo gathered over 29 stages with a blessing for like +10 item quality or something absurd like that. Dude had ungodly HP, couldn't die, and every face was a cantrip with way too many pips and keywords.

On level 30, I picked a 2x Third Heart, which grants 2 hp per existing hp, twice. Presumably this caused my immortal hell adventurer's health to become so unreasonably high that the game imploded. RIP unkillable exponential damage cantrip guy

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Just downloaded it. Pretty fun! What does buying the game unlock?

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Quackles posted:

Characters, items, a longer main gamemode, many alternate game-modes. A lot of content, one might say.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Quackles posted:

The demo run is also only like halfway through, things get way more interesting past there.

Put it this way - the demo mode is listed in the menu under "crappy" modes now

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Thought I had a good shot on Unfair with Spade to start and +6 to item quality but died on floor 9 to infinite skeleton summonings (thanks +2 summoning curse + two Graves)

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
just tried nightmare with a party from a custom heaven run. really thought I was going to get it until I hit X3 Hexia

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Tunicate posted:

The ghost of twodot has a long grasp.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

So green heroes are garbage on purpose right? They seem so so bad so far.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

WarpedLichen posted:

Statue can be phenomenal even with mediocre items, it's now a L2 green instead of...grey? before.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Green heroes are all gimmicks. You can potentially do lots of broken things with them but they do tend to be more dependent than other classes on finding good items/class synergies.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
Won my first run doing Hard, now losing over and over again on Unfair as intended. Once I clear this I'll start banging my head against Brutal, or do a Loot run :v: Game as good as ever!

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

WarpedLichen posted:

Yeah, they are new to 3.0. They are extremely niche. If you get the right situation, then you are made. Most of the times, they are there to make use of item that replace sides while having unique abilities.

Here are some uses I have found. Pockets start the game with three items, and there is a tier 5 times that makes your left a single use and adds +1 for each item in your inventory.

Primrose works great with any item that adds cantrips because they have multiple grow every side of the dice sides.

House cat is cute and allows you to rush your other heroes to tier 3 while not being too terrible at tier 1.

The statue just has a ton of hp but requires items to do anything.

Mimic, let's you build some crazy combos but you really need to focus on it to get wild.

The presence is absolutely busted if you have the cursed item that has a self damage 1 cantrip. With a regen, you can literally be invincible

Vessel gives you a permanent blessing for infinite runs.

Twin just doubles the power of items, which can be amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Urn + Gizmo did not work like I had hoped.