Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
There’s a strong argument to be made that if it wasn’t for his association with the WWE, Trump would’ve gone down the same kind of career trajectory as his British Apprentice counterpart Alan Sugar.

Which is to say, loudmouth business man, but more of the “complain about taxes” type instead of the “carny showman” type.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

A Fancy Hat posted:

I think you just have a lot of conservatives on Twitter in general. Combine that with AEW doing stuff like showcasing women, having openly gay and trans wrestlers - it attracts vitriol from conservatives that makes them double down on "AEW SUCKS WWE GOOD" stuff.

Indeed. This means AEW is "political." Many cannot abide politics different from theirs in much the same way a fish cannot abide being out of water.

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
So many of these complaints are people making up a "rule" that will only ever be applied once to justify why AEW is wrong.

If you don't win the most recent match in a fued, you are being buried (only applies to the specific matches I specify so don't even try to gotcha me). AEW is just a bunch of Fed washouts but why do they keep featuring these new guys I've never heard of? Figure it out Tiny Kon!

Bryan Alvarez has been doing this too recently and it makes his reviews tedious. Today he is complaining it doesn't make sense BCC not being in the tag team tournament after beating FTR, but why do they *have to* be in the tournament? Obviously they are shown to be a top tier team in the title mix, and correct me if I'm wrong, but AEW never made some oddly specific claim about how the tournament is being put together that would require BCC to be part of it ("This tournament shall consist of every tag team that has won a match in the past month. Mark my words, Mark, every single team without exception!"). Pro athletes don't participate in every tournament that is open to them either, so I'm not even clear what specifically he is trying to say is illogical or inconsistent?

There are lots of ways to have fun discussing wrestling, and peak WCW insanity made it easier to make criticism funny, but weird nit-picky stuff doesn't do it for me. Bryan's heart isn't into it.

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

MassRafTer posted:

Might have to offer a Jase Regal Memorial Thread bounty for the first person to find a black bloc guy posting CINEMA. SEATED. LEVELS. about the next Bloodline segment. I just really want to see that.

https://twitter.com/offtheshoulder4/status/1770814772105146443

Unfortunately they've already been arrested because their Head of the Table and Greatness on a Different Level shirts kind of defeated the purpose of black bloc 😔

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Just be like “BCC can’t even loving move without some CMLL guys jumping their rear end.”

That’s probably the shoot reason they’re not in the tournament anyway; they’ve got Homenaje a dos Leyendas in Mexico City next Friday, and AEW is in the middle of the Canada tour.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

A Fancy Hat posted:

I think you just have a lot of conservatives on Twitter in general. Combine that with AEW doing stuff like showcasing women, having openly gay and trans wrestlers - it attracts vitriol from conservatives that makes them double down on "AEW SUCKS WWE GOOD" stuff.

yea there's plenty of centrist/liberal wwe posters if you check reddit or whatever. the real deranged haters tend to lean far right because in both cases you need to be gullible and have a really cruel distaste for things that seem different from what you personally like

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
If you are having a tournament to crown the new champion then it makes a lot of sense for all the top teams to be in it. Otherwise it devalues what is supposed to be the ultimate prize. It would be like somebody who is in the top 3 at the diamond league deciding to skip the Olympics.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

beepo posted:

If you don't win the most recent match in a fued, you are being buried (only applies to the specific matches I specify so don't even try to gotcha me).

Win every match in a Goldberg squash or be buried and exposed as the fraud you are.

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran

cagliostr0 posted:

If you are having a tournament to crown the new champion then it makes a lot of sense for all the top teams to be in it. Otherwise it devalues what is supposed to be the ultimate prize. It would be like somebody who is in the top 3 at the diamond league deciding to skip the Olympics.

The Olympics are once every four years. BCC could just win the belts at the next pape, and what differences would it be to them? The Royal Rumble isn't strictly the top 30 singles competitors every year.

I do understand there are arguments to be made or whatever on the optimal way to book things, and maybe it would be slightly better with BCC in the tournament, but a lot of this just feels minor squabbles. And to bring it back to my original context, is it "wrong" to book it how they have done it or given the option, you'd just prefer something else?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

cagliostr0 posted:

The problem with this reasoning is that it means that whoever next challenges the champ either lost the tournament or wasn't considered good enough to be in it.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

TinTower posted:

Just be like “BCC can’t even loving move without some CMLL guys jumping their rear end.”

That’s probably the shoot reason they’re not in the tournament anyway; they’ve got Homenaje a dos Leyendas in Mexico City next Friday, and AEW is in the middle of the Canada tour.

Yeah they really should have just said that the bcc is too busy going to Mexico to gently caress up Luchadors to fight in this tournament

And then there is a ready made RUSH feud waiting when they come back!

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

They both stole from Damien Sandow in FCW anyway. :colbert:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

TinTower posted:

They both stole from Damien Sandow in FCW anyway. :colbert:

I've been saying!!!!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I love when Cubs finds lucha clickbait.

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1770866875209003488

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012

beepo posted:

There are lots of ways to have fun discussing wrestling, and peak WCW insanity made it easier to make criticism funny, but weird nit-picky stuff doesn't do it for me. Bryan's heart isn't into it.

I started to tune out his AEW reviews when he suggested that literally anyone on the roster could be slotted into a match between Swerve and Bryan Danielson so neither of them lose face And then not only gets mad that Hangman cost Swerve the match, but that Swerve didn't win to get a TNT title match he wouldn't have won anyway

Also his insistence on who needs to be a heel and face drives me bonkers, especially after he cut a promo on AEW not turning MJF, just to find out that face MJF didn't work on its own

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

sandow stole it from luffy

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Joey McChrist posted:

sandow stole it from luffy

Mercedes to punch Toni Storm through the roof of the Blood and Guys cell, dripping her own blood.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

the Blood and Guys cell

That's quite the cell.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

beepo posted:

I quit listening to him months ago because all he does is grasp at straws for something to complain about. He's a guy that wants to always rant about something but with WWE allegedly being good now according to him he resorts to making stuff up to be mad about way too often.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

"from a Facebook wrestling group" posted:

Below we see two pictures, two different philosophies of wrestling. One is a work of art and the other is absolute garbage (LITERALLY). It is crazy how one philosophy of wrestling just works and the other is absolute nonsense which you need to be insanely crazy to like. So I ask you, are you a smart sensible person? Or do you lack the basic brain cells and get drawn towards utter-garbage?

Wrestling isn't about wrestling but about telling a story. It is about characters. And the legendary Baron Corbin vs Roman Reigns feud did way more story telling over the stupid 64 minutes move spamming.

It is common knowledge that WWE is deeper than Shakespear and it takes an insane amount of IQ to understand the deep story-telling in WWE. But Roman Reigns at that time was called the Big Dog. Baron Corbin was the lone wolf. And as most people know dogs and wolves are in the same animal family. This could tie in to Roman's previous alignment with the Hounds of Justice (again more canine connections). And thus when Roman and Baron feuded over dog-food, it obviously made absolute sense as hunger is what drives these primal beasts and both Roman and Baron wanted to bring out their primal beasts to give us the best product out there in one of the best wrestling matches of all time. Not only that, WWE also taught kids the importance of dog food to dogs, thereby not only being entertaining but also educational.

The other match? It was just some overrated wrestlers with zero story and character work, spamming 1000 moves, while considering themselves better workers than legends such as Hogan and the Ultimate Warrior, yet drawing not more than 20 viewers.

Now you tell me what do you want your kids to watch? A strong philosophical story about the canine nature of beasts, portrayed by humans with beastly instincts or two random dudes inspired by anime, trying to recreate final fantasy?

This is why WWE will always be better than that indie crap that the smark love. You cannot be sane and tell me that you'd prefer that Omega/Okada garbage over the captivating and salivating Roman Reigns/Baron Corbin storyline.

Wrestling was/is/never will be about wrestling, it was/is/always will be about telling a story.

Joffrey

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Had us up until

It is common knowledge that WWE is deeper than Shakespear and it takes an insane amount of IQ to understand the deep story-telling in WWE.

That's just the Rick and Morty copypasta

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/jobbernationtv/status/1770833324270928378?s=46&t=YjAdrC5z2HpTKJK1s-6pYw

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Lid posted:

Had us up until

It is common knowledge that WWE is deeper than Shakespear and it takes an insane amount of IQ to understand the deep story-telling in WWE.

That's just the Rick and Morty copypasta

Trust me, this Joffrey fella is a big time Rick & Morty fan.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

that's lazy even by jobber's standards.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Lamuella posted:

that's lazy even by jobber's standards.

Yeah, it's low effort and not even proper trolling.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

This poo poo was so bad that Vince literally offered Roman a world title run as an apology and he replied “gently caress that, I’m waiting out my contract unless you give me something better”.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

It's you.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

Might have to offer a Jase Regal Memorial Thread bounty for the first person to find a black bloc guy posting CINEMA. SEATED. LEVELS. about the next Bloodline segment. I just really want to see that.

https://twitter.com/offtheshoulder4/status/1770814772105146443

How soon we forget

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/Peps_Wrestling/status/1770827349501628889?t=EGdXz6gHxNYjRB3y7u4U6g&s=19

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Razor and Diesel won the Monday Night Wars. Can't tell me otherwise.

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

I mean it is true 99% of the world doesn't know who Mercedes Mone is. 99% of the world also don't know who Sasha Banks is either, there's a lot of people in the world

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
If you showed 100 people on the street at random a picture of Roman Reigns they'd think he's the guy from Aquaman, which makes all the constant hand-wringing about NEEDLE MOVERS completely pointless.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Betcha anything the wwe stockholder there has not watched fake diesel and fake razor to see just how well they pulled it off

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 24 minutes!
fake sasha banks, fake bryan danielson and fake yokuzuna (rip)

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Fake Yokozuna is still alive

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

fake yokuzuna (rip)

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
It's funny that after all these years of Vince hating wrestling and going on about how he "makes movies", there's finally a fan base for WWE that hates the wrestling part of wrestling and goes on about storylines and cinema just when he gets forced out of the company.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

How many times since the Rumble has Rampage shown more wrestling than SmackDown? I know it’s at least once, and possibly even twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/JDfromNY206/status/1770559172494471368?s=20
https://twitter.com/JDfromNY206/status/1770668137471422822?s=20
https://twitter.com/JDfromNY206/status/1770675429248037309?s=20