Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Okada vs Kingston 9 12.68%
Jericho vs Hook 0 0%
Swerve vs Butcher 1 1.41%
Deonna and Thunder vs Toni and Toni 2 2.82%
Copeland vs Cage 32 45.07%
Best Friends vs Don Callis Family 1 1.41%
Shibata vs Matthews 1 1.41%
Takeshita vs Romero 1 1.41%
STREET FIGHT 24 33.80%
Total: 71 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Glad we always have at least one open challenge title that eventually consumes the champion whole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Just wanna say that CM Punk only needed one elbow shot to the dick to elicit the same amount of Feeling that Christian needed around 10 shots to the dick to achieve, including the one with Spike.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Dynamite was so much fun. Did the crowd come across well on TV?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Writer Cath posted:

very lively

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Best crowd in a while it was really good

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Writer Cath posted:

When the audio itself wasn’t wacky yeah

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

gently caress em up eddie gently caress em up was great

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I wanna see Mercedes in action.

Right now the issue is she doesn't have much of an angle beyond "is babyface, is happy to be here" so her promos don't have much to work with. I feel that's true of a lot of the big signings at first. They're sorta getting her into it with Julia and Skye so I guess that's her first program.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Someone earlier mentioned how they need to feed the theme music audio into the broadcast instead of just picking it up in-arena and it was very distracting for the first time in a long time for me last night. Okada’s theme especially sounded weird, like it was somehow off as if a second instance of it was also being picked up but was off by a beat or two.

I think Tony has said he doesn’t want to change that, but man I wish he’d reconsider.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Be thankful you can hear anything on an AEW broadcast, their production is bad!!!

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
It's a rite of passage to attend an AEW show with a hot crowd and then read online that the crowd seemed dead all night. The sound has issues.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Crowd was hot on TV too though. I implore goons to turn up their TV's volume.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Crowd sounded fine. Music sounded like someone was playing it on broken yak-bak from across the room.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Long-Time Lurker posted:

my mom will get mad if its too loud.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Tato posted:

It's a rite of passage to attend an AEW show with a hot crowd and then read online that the crowd seemed dead all night. The sound has issues.

Crowd sounded great on TV all night!

I’m destined to always hear audio issues since I went to college for audio production so AEW is as much a blessing as it is a curse for me.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Long-Time Lurker posted:

they're watching on computers.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Be thankful you can hear anything on an AEW broadcast, their production is bad!!!

Those 25 year old cameras

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

fez_machine posted:

Name a single tag team that has survived being part of a Jericho faction in AEW

Lets where are they now for a second

Sammy keeps going face and doing stupid poo poo. Pnp exploded because of bad injury timing. Hager is exactly as he should be. Danny is being groomed for an inevitable run. 2.0 are in pretty good position as basically Dannys cheering squad and playing opposite paiges brother on rampage. Considering whats happened to other teams and people (Dark Order, Th2, Danhausen, Ricky Starks, butcher blade) theyre doing a lot better.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
We need a Nana/Mercedes confrontation where each one starts dancing whenever their music is played.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

nana should manage mone

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Defenestrategy posted:

Lets where are they now for a second

Sammy keeps going face and doing stupid poo poo. Pnp exploded because of bad injury timing. Hager is exactly as he should be. Danny is being groomed for an inevitable run. 2.0 are in pretty good position as basically Dannys cheering squad and playing opposite paiges brother on rampage. Considering whats happened to other teams and people (Dark Order, Th2, Danhausen, Ricky Starks, butcher blade) theyre doing a lot better.

2.0 are not Daniel Garcia's cheering squad, Daddy Magic is.

There's been multiple places where Cool Hand Ang could have intervened to help both Garcia and Menard but so far it's always been some one else

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

I think the big problem is the sound production is inconsistent

I watch on the same TV with very close to the same volume every week and some weeks you can barely hear commentary over ring entrances, while other weeks commentary is loud and crisp. The same happens with the crowd audio

Of course this is related to arena size and audio systems, but it shouldn't range as widely as it does.

E: I am a giant AEW nerd, literally wearing a AEW hoodie right now at karaoke, but the sound production is probably their most inconsistent characteristic

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

STING 64 posted:

nana should manage mone

ceo/mogul conglomerate lfg

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

fez_machine posted:

2.0 are not Daniel Garcia's cheering squad, Daddy Magic is.

There's been multiple places where Cool Hand Ang could have intervened to help both Garcia and Menard but so far it's always been some one else

Look if I was dating ruby soho and had to contend with a chav with a black jack I'd probably be unable to help my adopted son either.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I hope theyre just saving up for a big pop when Garcia & Daddy Magic run out to make the save for Ang, otherwise it’s weird to me they arent interacting anymore.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Didn't Garcia, Daddy Magic and Ang come down to help Copeland last night?

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

ChrisBTY posted:

Didn't Garcia, Daddy Magic and Ang come down to help Copeland last night?

Just Garcia and Daddy Magic.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

the invisible ang :smith:

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

Even in-arena stuff was pretty inconsistent. The Samoa Joe promo was mostly inaudible as it kept cutting out, dunno if y'all could hear it on TV. That's not counting the Don Callis/Swerve promo no one could hope to hear over the boos.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

fez_machine posted:

got bad news for you about how much Angelo Parker and Matt Menard have been appearing on screen together in the last few months

Angelo's last match was teaming with Matt. Matt's last but one match was teaming with Angelo. And that match was last month.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
https://twitter.com/Jordan_Patu/status/1770902867685286013

Love Okada and his many faces.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Lamuella posted:

Angelo's last match was teaming with Matt. Matt's last but one match was teaming with Angelo. And that match was last month.

Fair but that was two months ago in January and their last proper tag (rather than trios match) was in December

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

🤨😠
😨😄😄
😁🤔😒
😏😬

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

My local comic con just added Sting and Darby Allin to their April show, joining Christian Cage. In a way, I think it’d be weird to see Sting after his retirement. Like I almost hope he shows up without his face paint on.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

I had to go rewind during the match because the way he sold Eddie’s kick/chop combo was so fuckin good

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

The Senator Giroux posted:

I had to go rewind during the match because the way he sold Eddie’s kick/chop combo was so fuckin good

It was! The way okada was able to get over that he was a cocky superior rear end in a top hat but that eddie is still actually a real threat was pretty drat impressive

Okada: might be good at this?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

which Okada are you today?

Me personally I am 2nd row, middle mocking laughter Okada

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

A Fancy Hat posted:

My local comic con just added Sting and Darby Allin to their April show, joining Christian Cage. In a way, I think it’d be weird to see Sting after his retirement. Like I almost hope he shows up without his face paint on.

"We paid for Sting and instead we got Real Estate Steve and his goth son in a walking boot!"

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
I dunno I still think a couple years in nxt mightve done Okada some good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

mooseinfants posted:

I dunno I still think a couple years in nxt mightve done Okada some good

He's still got functioning knees, he needs to learn how to work without those.