Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I started building a cardboard fort integrated into our open stairs and our new cat just isn’t into boxes. Sucks cause I’m having fun doing it haha. She’s more of the “stretch out in front of the heater and not move for an hour as long as the kids aren’t around” type

Also zero allergies for any of us so far, everything else sets us off tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Kalli posted:

She got spayed last week, was supposed to be in the cone for 10 days, but beat the hell out of it and turned it into a floppy collar and proceeded to... not care about her incision at all and just wanted to clean her fur, so after 5 days we've just taken the cone off and have been watching her.

I took my new boys last month for neutering and those little bastards sprang their e-collars off the day after. At least I had all weekend to watch them and they left their stitches alone, but that was kinda touch and go that weekend.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Oh, are we showing off cats?

She has zero interest in cardboard boxes, but loves her hammocks

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I’m looking into getting Addie a cat friend.

Torn between adopting an older, chill cat with dog experience or getting a kitten and raising it with Addie.

Latter would probably be the better option all things considered but holy poo poo I don’t have the energy for a new kitten

Edit

Also just bought this bad boy. Gonna look so good

https://www.fast-growing-trees.com/products/ruby-falls-redbud-tree?variant=39435584667710

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Mar 22, 2024

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Wife and the kid are flying to NC today so of course we get a call from school that our kid isn’t feeling well. Seems like just a cold though, no fever. I’m still trying not to panic that my free weekend is about to get erased.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Bird in a Blender posted:

Wife and the kid are flying to NC today so of course we get a call from school that our kid isn’t feeling well. Seems like just a cold though, no fever. I’m still trying not to panic that my free weekend is about to get erased.

Oooo where they going

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

Oooo where they going

Raleigh/Wake Forest to visit my SIL and cousins.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Raleigh/Wake Forest to visit my SIL and cousins.

Oh. That’s….fine.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

Oh. That’s….fine.

Lol yea. I’ve been there several times myself and passed on going again because one, there’s not a whole lot special about the area I haven’t seen already. Two, getting a weekend to myself is so hard that I couldn’t pass it up.

Only reason we ever go there is for family.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
Right now is probably the best time to go to Raleigh. NC State is winning and has a chance at the Sweet 16 for the first time in a decade.

From everything I've heard, entire city is buzzing.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I’m sure the Buffalo Wild Wings will be LIT

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

I’m sure the Buffalo Wild Wings will be LIT

Don't be salty that the service at the Raleigh Mellow Mushroom is better than the Asheville one.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

kittens are always adopted, adult cats have a much harder time getting adopted, so I'd encourage anyone thinking about it to get a dog-friendly older cat because you're literally saving their life

siamese cats are also known to have less allergy stuff going on, but there's also treatments now and food to control dander, but also allergies to cats tend to get triggered more by people who never clean their home and just let the cat fur and dander accumulate for a decade, obviously there's exceptions like we have a friend who breaks out in hives if she's in a house with a cat for 10 minutes but a ton of people who "have a cat allergy" actually wind up being totally fine with any cat in their home as long as they clean.

Having said all that

"doesn't shed a lot" is a red flag word you hear from someone who vaguely likes the idea of a pet but doesn't like the idea of actual practical pet ownership, these are the people who bring rescue cats back after four weeks which really really sucks for the cat becuase that's just long enough for them to start to bond and feel safe. Which is why they start scratching furniture, spreading their fur around the house more, and developing other "problem behaviors" that the new owner just isn't prepared to start dealing with by like... teaching their pet, providing things to scratch, etc.

"i want it for my partner" is also a red flag, don't get an animal for someone else to take care of unless they've specifically committed to caring for that animal themselves, in advance

also anyone adopting a cat needs to be prepared to shell out multiple thousands of dollars on pet bills at some point, people often kinda don't think about the fact that vets can be insanely expensive, so that's another reason not to just buy a cat for someone else, if they don't have like $4k they could just drop on cat surgery because it ate a magnet or a string or has an abdominal cyst or needs 5 teeth extracted etc.

if it sounds like I'm being discouraging, please don't read it that way, obviously I love cats and they're wonderful companions and everyone should get one, if they can afford it and will take care of it, but doing volunteer work for a cat adoption agency for just a few months gave me a lot of insight into just how woefully unprepared and stupid soooo many would-be cat owners are

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
LOL, a conveniently timed merger to IPO Truth Social is teed up, meaning old donnie's wriggling out of it yet again. His stake is projected to be worth billions. And of course it's a SPAC enabling this.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Committing more fraud to pay for my last fraud

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

princess kate is not dead, merely suffering from cancer

welp

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Shrimpy posted:

Don't be salty that the service at the Raleigh Mellow Mushroom is better than the Asheville one.

This is an incredible burn lol

I like Raleigh and Asheville both, for different reasons.

Charlotte tho…Blech. Except for the whitewater center.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I love animals especially the pets

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I love animals especially the pets

wow that's a bold statement

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
No....

https://twitter.com/PGATUOR/status/1771213386564419871?t=acUy3_v4I6YCWFVCR2e6AA&s=19

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

welp

are the princess truthers going to go into overdrive or what

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
There’s already a ton of people saying the video is AI lol

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
updating the meme to this looks like AI. I can tell from the pixels and from seeing quite a few AIs in my time

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

:sigh:

The only way this could have any redeeming moment is if they list Christopher McDonald just go full Shooter McGavin…

…and then it’ll still probably be awful.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Canned Sunshine posted:

I prefer to throw knives and do archery; guns are for lazy fucks.

i study the blade, personally

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

BlindSite posted:

Swordfish is such a terrible movie but it amazingly encapsulates this time period.

Like every other straight man in his late 30s or older, I remember it for one thing only

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Pron on VHS posted:

Like every other straight man in his late 30s or older, I remember it for one thing only

Yeah, the flying bus was pretty wild

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Pron on VHS posted:

Surely you mean they remember it for 2 things.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

We were 5 minutes away from the airport when my wife realized she forgot her wallet. Luckily, I'm always paranoid and left early, so the 40 minutes it took to get back home and then back to the airport didn't kill us. Just made things a little tighter, but still plenty of time that they got to the gate. If she didn't have precheck, I would've been sweating it a lot more.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

I hope that X User PGATUOR is a liar.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I'm taking my tuxie in next month for her spay and I got some recovery suits since Lena would not keep an e-collar or inflatable one on and kept licking her incision so it reopened and got infected. Outside of the cost of getting that fixed up, crating her for 10 days sucked and then my grandpa died the day after she got fixed up so it was kind of traumatic. This time I'm taking no chances.

Imgur won't work for me, otherwise there'd be pics. Tuxie is currently hanging out in the bathtub since I just took a post workout shower and she likes the heat.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

welp

Yeah, available facts and timeline paints an ominous picture.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
March Madness is exhausting gently caress

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Pron on VHS posted:

Yeah, that monitor setup was wild

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Yeesh poor Kate. Goddamn.

I’m still trying not to panic that my free weekend is about to get erased.

A feeling every parent is familiar with.

My weird schedule affords me some “alone time” during the week, but my wife works from home so I like literally ache for a time when I used to open the windows of our old house, pop on some records at whatever loving volume I wanted and like do chores and play with the dog on a weekday morning.

Just a pure time that I feel I will never get again and it was out the door before I even realized it.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Update, plane is off, I’m alone for three days and it feels good. Going to see Dune 2 tonight. Tried to get together with friends tomorrow but everyone is busy. Might be fine since having a couple of days of just me time is something I desperately needed.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Update, plane is off, I’m alone for three days and it feels good. Going to see Dune 2 tonight. Tried to get together with friends tomorrow but everyone is busy. Might be fine since having a couple of days of just me time is something I desperately needed.

Dude just get high all weekend, smoke some meats and like rewatch Rome

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
So some idiots at work (thankfully no one on my shift) posted a video on TikTok talking about how much they gently caress off during work. One got fired and the other two were actually arrested (boss says the arrest is not directly related to the video, but it put a huge spotlight on them and other things came to light). But the woman who was fired has two brothers that work during my shift so they called in sick.

It's dumb as gently caress to make that video in any office and then publish it online, but the insanity of doing it when your employer is the loving federal government boggles my mind.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Air Skwirl posted:

So some idiots at work (thankfully no one on my shift) posted a video on TikTok talking about how much they gently caress off during work. One got fired and the other two were actually arrested (boss says the arrest is not directly related to the video, but it put a huge spotlight on them and other things came to light). But the woman who was fired has two brothers that work during my shift so they called in sick.

It's dumb as gently caress to make that video in any office and then publish it online, but the insanity of doing it when your employer is the loving federal government boggles my mind.

I would simply gently caress off during work without posting a video about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

It's just, I work in the main plant, we have actual cops (postal inspectors, not local pigs thankfully) that work here. If you piss off the bosses enough with something egregious it's possible for the FBI to get involved.

Why the gently caress would you do that?