Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

IBroughttheFunk posted:

I need some context - what's this about?

Truth social is going public, and Trumpo is, on paper and in 6 months, to gain up to $3 billion.

But that's not happening because....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Three Olives posted:

:lol:

The stock is completely collapsing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzLhXesNkCI

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

IBroughttheFunk posted:

i believe trump is trying to take truth social public so he can make money off it from shares and poo poo.but woops.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Trump got caught with his crimes because he ran for president, got elected, and continued to do his crimes he would do as a businessman in an office that is under scrutiny magnitudes higher than most.

Trump is essentially that kid that shouts out loud “I’m not in here,” when playing hide and seek and then crying about it when he gets found. He’s essentially did this all to himself because he grew up extremely privileged in a lovely family and figured he could just keep doing whatever he wanted as long as he was breathing.

I am sure there are dozens if not hundreds of contractors, employees, small businesses and investors that are pleased as gently caress that Trump is getting taken to the cleaners because Trump is famously known for trying to get everything either for free or just not paying a full amount or even half for anyone’s labor for him.

I guarantee you that Trump would rather not be president than not having to pay out all this money. While I am sure he has never felt regret, I know there must be one small tiny thought in his mind that maybe, just maybe, he should have just loving stayed in his golden palace and not went down that escalator.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Without getting into too many details, this is the company that's combining with Truth social. Trump wanted to do a massive stock split and be granted special permission to immediately sell his shares instead of having to wait six months. There is zero value in Truth beyond Trump posting there: no income, no expanding user base, no valuable data, nothing. Some people were meme stocking this company, but it's become so obvious that this is going to go bad fast that some are cutting and running.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Ringo Star Get posted:

Trump got caught with his crimes because he ran for president, got elected, and continued to do his crimes he would do as a businessman in an office that is under scrutiny magnitudes higher than most.

Trump is essentially that kid that shouts out loud “I’m not in here,” when playing hide and seek and then crying about it when he gets found. He’s essentially did this all to himself because he grew up extremely privileged in a lovely family and figured he could just keep doing whatever he wanted as long as he was breathing.

I am sure there are dozens if not hundreds of contractors, employees, small businesses and investors that are pleased as gently caress that Trump is getting taken to the cleaners because Trump is famously known for trying to get everything either for free or just not paying a full amount or even half for anyone’s labor for him.

I guarantee you that Trump would rather not be president than not having to pay out all this money. While I am sure he has never felt regret, I know there must be one small tiny thought in his mind that maybe, just maybe, he should have just loving stayed in his golden palace and not went down that escalator.

Yeah, Trump effectively could've continued to profit from his crimes if he just hadn't become president. He threw a lens on his personal life like an absolute moron.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Random Stranger posted:

Without getting into too many details, this is the company that's combining with Truth social. Trump wanted to do a massive stock split and be granted special permission to immediately sell his shares instead of having to wait six months. There is zero value in Truth beyond Trump posting there: no income, no expanding user base, no valuable data, nothing. Some people were meme stocking this company, but it's become so obvious that this is going to go bad fast that some are cutting and running.

It's going to be hilarious when Trump becomes the bag holder in 6 months.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

donald trump posted:

Trump on John McCain: ‘I like people who weren’t captured’

Kefka posted:

Who cares? they're the ones who were stupid enough to get caught by the enemy!

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

Beastie posted:

Truth social is going public, and Trumpo is, on paper and in 6 months, to gain up to $3 billion.

But that's not happening because....

I haven’t had time to follow anything but the headlines pronouncing Trump about to rake in a windfall of $2B because of course he would. I’m glad it sounds like it’s collapsing though (?). Otherwise, lol. Just l-o-loving-l. It’s not everyday you see the devil make good on his end of the deal in realtime.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Random Stranger posted:

Um zero value? I'll have you know truth social earns a whopping 200 dollars a month

DemihumanResources
Apr 16, 2019

Just let me frob some dang bits already

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i believe trump is trying to take truth social public so he can make money off it from shares and poo poo.but woops.

Yeah, there's apparently some infighting because this is coming out of a merger with Digital World and there's been lawsuits between the merging owners.

some liberal rag posted:

More recently, the deal has been embroiled in a legal battle royale, with four lawsuits in three states involving Trump Media, Digital World, the co-founders Andy Litinsky and Wes Moss, and Digital World’s former chief executive Patrick Orlando.

Orlando, who was fired as chief last year but remains in control of Digital World’s biggest founding investor Arc Global Investments II, had refused to vote in support of the merger before Friday’s vote, potentially imperiling the deal, attorneys for Trump Media and Digital World said in a lawsuit this week seeking to force his vote. He spoke only briefly on a shareholder call Friday and did not offer further comment on the suit.

Digital World’s more than 400,000 retail investors included supporters of Trump and speculators hoping to cash in on the deal’s attention. One investor, dressed in a pirate costume and calling himself “Captain DWAC,” live-streamed the shareholder vote on Rumble and played sounds of applause when the successful vote was announced.

Digital World’s share price slid 5 percent during the meeting.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2024/03/22/trump-mediamerger-vote/

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
AFAICT if the stock stays above $12/share for 6 months he would be eligible to cash out about a billion dollars. Except that it won't, and even if it did the price would tank at the first sign of him selling

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

The chemtrails thing is funny because the guy who is all "Yeah man, shadow government has been controlling the population for decades. Ever look up and see those really high jets spraying poo poo? Yeah man, that's how they're doing it. Not me though. I read poo poo on the internet and I know what's up. It's all these other sheeple" is always the forever-broke divorced guy whose life is 100% controlled by where he can get the next bottle of cheap whiskey. Yeah dude, you're totally in control and it's everyone else that's the victim.

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Failed Imagineer posted:

AFAICT if the stock stays above $12/share for 6 months he would be eligible to cash out about a billion dollars. Except that it won't, and even if it did the price would tank at the first sign of him selling

Then all he needs is a time machine to pay off the bills due Monday (lol)

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

DemihumanResources posted:

Yeah, there's apparently some infighting because this is coming out of a merger with Digital World and there's been lawsuits between the merging owners.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2024/03/22/trump-mediamerger-vote/

Note: The vote failing would mean DWAC dissolves and everyone gets $10 for each of their shares. DWAC only exists as a vehicle to buy a company and they picked Truth they aren't going to pick a new target this late in the game they'd make a new SPAC.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

What a shame, just when she was about to turn things around with some fresh takes on Lizzo shaking her rear end at a basketball game five years ago.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

is it happening?

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

you can tell we live in the shittiest possible timeline because the greatest cowboy protagonist name ever went to some shithouse low level R politician

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

kazil posted:

is it happening?

God help me yesssss

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

In all fairness when Covid hit, Candeath Owens and her propaganda killed more Nazis than WW2. Welcome to the revolution, comrade.

DemihumanResources
Apr 16, 2019

Just let me frob some dang bits already
I bet judges evaluating your appeals case to pay a large judgement like it when you publicly say you have the money but then go to to court saying you don't and deserve special accommodations about it.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

seriously Rusty Crowe is the name of a dude that should be hunting vampires in a town called Bloodfire Gulch or some poo poo

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

kazil posted:

is it happening?

Looks like more lols are expected today

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

kazil posted:

is it happening?

:lol: can't wait to see them float the Trump-as-speaker bit again

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
I hear you are trying a pump and dump scheme now Donald

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Just added DWAC to my stock ticker so I can compulsively check its price every day :diet:

MEIN RAVEN fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Mar 22, 2024

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Market caps of companies are vastly overstated what the entire company could sell for.

Most pricing sites set the price at an average between the highest outstanding buy order (bid) and the lowest outstanding sell order (ask). Meaning if someone has a bid at $41.00 and another guy has an ask at $41.10, the market price is $41.05 (these two prices never meet, because if they do the trade just gets executed at that price).

Market cap is the number of shares outstanding at this price. But that doesn't mean you can just hit a button and sell at that price, you gotta chew through people's bids. You fulfill bids at the highest price, then the next highest, then the next highest, and as you go through those bids the highest outstanding bid price plummets.

You gotta fill orders to sell it, and nobody is gonna have a bid in of "all shares" at "market price". It's gonna be like, 1,000 shares for $35.00, 1,000 shares at 34.90, 100 shares at 34.80, and so on, and as you move down the bid book filling orders, what you're selling for plummets when you're moving that much stock.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

kazil posted:

is it happening?

I saw mtg and the staff in the closet making motions to vacate and I saw the motion to vacate and the motion to vacate looked at me.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

kazil posted:

is it happening?

Oh gently caress yes please

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Starbucks posted:

I hear you are trying a pump and dump scheme now Donald

Trying apump and dump but won't shut up about how he's going to dump it.

kazil posted:

is it happening?

I thought we weren't going to have another monster lol until next week, but the lols don't stop in GOPland!

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

MEIN RAVEN posted:

Just added DWAC to my stock ticket so I can compulsively check its price every day :diet:

Just bought 10,000 call contracts at $35 expiring 4/15/24. It's my entire life savings and the equity in my house.

See you on the moon fellow patriot.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
How is the chemtrail ban supposed to work then? Do planes have to descend to lower altitudes when they fly over so they don't get contrails and freak people out on the ground or do they get a ticket or what?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

vote still going on

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Steadiman posted:

How is the chemtrail ban supposed to work then? Do planes have to descend to lower altitudes when they fly over so they don't get contrails and freak people out on the ground or do they get a ticket or what?

It makes putting chemicals in there illegal.

Were they doing that? No.

But now the R-Rep from Tennessee can go back to his constituents and say he did what they wanted. It's sad on so many levels.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

yessssssssssssssss

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

kazil posted:

yessssssssssssssss

Here’s why this is bad for Biden:

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Steadiman posted:

well probably no because contrails are just water vapor and although i don't spit about lawyerin, the ban doesn't ban actual contrails and i don't think you can go to court and claim that they're something else when they factually aren't

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Just lol at being so unintelligent you don't understand how water vapor and temperature occur at higher altitudes.
Must be sky chemicals to make us gay!

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Would that ban plane/drone dispersed pesticides and such?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
This vote gonna be real close