Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Willa Rogers posted:

lol at "but trump would be worse!"

Short of dropping nukes on Gaza, I can't see how America could make Gaza worse than Biden already has. We are already there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
If any of you are surprised by biden's actions, watch any of his speeches before the year 2000, he is a psychotic zionist murderer.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Just wait till Trump wins and Boy Jared is building Trump branded high rises in Gaza.

Thing I'm interested in is the sentiment in the Arab world now watching this Israeli genocide with US support vs what it was during the terror wars. I assume that this is being viewed in the same way.....

Once again, if the status quo persists for another 9 months there will be no one left in Gaza, so at that point Trump high rises or not is meaningless.

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Al-Saqr posted:

If any of you are surprised by biden's actions, watch any of his speeches before the year 2000, he is a psychotic zionist murderer.

yes he was selected as obamas running mate as a nod to the klan wing of the democratic party

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

hopefully the trump heights will soon be restored to syria

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
Joe Biden is a lifelong racist and enthusiastic Zionist who revels in the deaths of Palestinians.

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

VoicesCanBe posted:

Joe Biden is a lifelong racist and enthusiastic Zionist who revels in the deaths of Palestinians.

yep

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
the Trump administration attempted to propose a peace plan for Palestine that was so laughably bad it managed to piss off both the Palestinians and the Israelis, involving giving the Palestinians a patch of wasteland in the Negev Desert for 'agriculture' and excavating a tunnel connecting Gaza to the West Bank

and that level of incompetence and lack of care, 'yeah, gently caress it, whatever, just dig a tunnel', would probably have done less harm here than the Biden admin's knowing and enthusiastic support

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I said come in! posted:

Short of dropping nukes on Gaza, I can't see how America could make Gaza worse than Biden already has. We are already there.

i have had to stop talking to pretty much my entire circle about the 2024 election because i am going insane at them with zero irony trying to sway me into voting for that freak with the herrenvolk politics of "yeah there's that whole genocide, but have you considered biden will have better domestic policies in the metripole?"

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

HallelujahLee posted:

Its clear already they vetoed 3

no doubt, dttze

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/JpLawrence3/status/1771187855085199819?s=20

https://x.com/starsandstripes/status/1771193617417171044?s=20

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

joepinetree posted:

Once again, if the status quo persists for another 9 months there will be no one left in Gaza, so at that point Trump high rises or not is meaningless.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Mister Bates posted:

the Trump administration attempted to propose a peace plan for Palestine that was so laughably bad it managed to piss off both the Palestinians and the Israelis, involving giving the Palestinians a patch of wasteland in the Negev Desert for 'agriculture' and excavating a tunnel connecting Gaza to the West Bank

and that level of incompetence and lack of care, 'yeah, gently caress it, whatever, just dig a tunnel', would probably have done less harm here than the Biden admin's knowing and enthusiastic support

Rather than claim that Trump would somehow be worse than Biden, I think it's more helpful to emphasize the continuity in policy. Biden has continued basically everything Trump did when it comes to Israel in addition to the enthusiastic support of genocide his admin is now offering.

https://twitter.com/MouinRabbani/status/1769480792416137366

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy

speng31b posted:

do not actually embed videos of tortured prisoners itt

Sorry when I linked it I only saw the top tweet. I'll pay more attention when linking tweets.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

VoicesCanBe posted:

Rather than claim that Trump would somehow be worse than Biden, I think it's more helpful to emphasize the continuity in policy. Biden has continued basically everything Trump did when it comes to Israel in addition to the enthusiastic support of genocide his admin is now offering.

https://twitter.com/MouinRabbani/status/1769480792416137366

Biden is just a continuation of American policy…. which he has been a huge part of crafting for like 60 years

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

i feel like the plane would be easier to fly, if the displays weren't blinking on and off :downs:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Delta-Wye posted:

i feel like the plane would be easier to fly, if the displays weren't blinking on and off :downs:

lol

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Delta-Wye posted:

That's just a mismatch between the video fps and the screen's. It's fine for human eyes.

hmhb fan
Feb 4, 2024

Pookah posted:

So it's just been reported that a suspicious package was sent to the Israeli embassy in Dublin last week - white powder + threatening images. It's been analyzed and the powder is just sugar, plus the imagery it came with is...hmm

:thunk:

https://www.breakingnews.ie/israel-hamas/death-threat-and-white-powder-sent-to-israeli-ambassador-in-dublin-1605055.html

Did they find a recording of the sugar speaking arabic?

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/maersk-will-avoid-red-sea-despite-eu-security-operation-2024-03-22/
Maersk will avoid Red Sea despite EU security operation

quote:

Shipping company Maersk said on Friday it was too early to resume sailings through the Red Sea due to a continued elevated risk level, despite an initiative by the European Union to increase safety in the region.

Maersk, one of the world's biggest container shipping companies, suspended Red Sea traffic on Jan. 5 and has since redirected ships via the Cape of Good Hope.

The EU's naval mission in the southern Red Sea was launched in February to help protect the key maritime trade route from drone and missile attacks by Yemen's Houthi militia, who say they are retaliating against Israel's war on Gaza.

Maersk said in a statement on its website that it was aware that other shipping companies had continued sailing through the Red Sea or announced plans to resume sailing.

"We continue with our own assessment that the current situation does not allow us to make a similar decision," it said.

"We still believe that sailing via the Cape of Good Hope and around Africa is the most reasonable solution at the moment and the one that currently allows the best supply chain stability, it added.

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020

hmhb fan posted:

Did they find a recording of the sugar speaking arabic?

Indeed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-Sd6boWy9Y

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Muh prosperity is being guarded though! 😰

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

weird this is happening now since all the smart sudden experts in shipping have emphasized that the Houthis have not in any way changed their activities in response to Palestine being genocided.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

hosed up on another level.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
why dont they just shoot them in their beds like they do to other palestinian patients

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Al! posted:

why dont they just shoot them in their beds like they do to other palestinian patients

not enough suffering involved

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

I see this thread as more of an unfiltered news aggregate source and poo poo post void rather than a "forums conversation" seeing as how it's literally one of the only places on the Internet to get a non-zionist non-US controlled view of the events going on in Gaza.

Definitely not going to see a video clip of french Israeli mercenaries openly talking about torturing prisoners or a video of a bunch of zionazis mocking African children in blackface on any US media this morning, and I'm sure as poo poo not going to create a twitter account to go find these myself.

I'm annoyed at all the restrictions ITT too. I'd rather be able to repost news from Gaza without having to constantly walk on eggshells to meet the content standards of this thread. However, all of this stuff is getting reposted from twitter and other social media. This thread is not the only place on the internet to get a pro-Palestinian perspective. We shouldn't be posting every image and video of a war crime because we should be respectful of the boundaries of posters on this board. You could be just as informed and even exposed to all the horror if you want, by reading Electronic Intifada.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

Its disappointing how many goons outside of this thread just slobber all over bidens dick.

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Its disappointing how many goons outside of this thread just slobber all over bidens dick.

Depends on which Biden you're talking about imo

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Owlbear Camus posted:

i have had to stop talking to pretty much my entire circle about the 2024 election because i am going insane at them with zero irony trying to sway me into voting for that freak with the herrenvolk politics of "yeah there's that whole genocide, but have you considered biden will have better domestic policies in the metripole?"

yeah, people are just straight like "I dont care about this genocide because it doesnt affect me. get back to me when it does."

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://twitter.com/NDeRiviere/status/1771177653120188706

can't wait to see what they come up with!

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,

I said come in! posted:

yeah, people are just straight like "I dont care about this genocide because it doesnt affect me. get back to me when it does."
remind them that the genocide is being funded and armed using their tax dollars that could be used to reduce the deficit (if they’re dumb) or fix poo poo

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Owlbear Camus posted:

Really gives you a sense of how the Nazis rose from the Weimar Republic.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

remind them that the genocide is being funded and armed using their tax dollars that could be used to reduce the deficit (if they’re dumb) or fix poo poo

if you can swallow back the bile to use this line of argument you can ask someone you think might be susceptible if they think the shells we're sending to destroy every day care, bakery, and hospital in gaza might be better spent beating off putler in avdiivka or whatever

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

this has been doing the rounds today. palestinian apparently kept idf busy for a few hours in a rambo-style operation

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

That poo poo doesn't matter, Biden is still the "harm reduction candidate." They already think rhetorically that their distaste for the genocide is enough.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

New York post pushing claims IDF nabbed over 50 fighters in Al shifa to diminish claims of executions

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/Mondoweiss/status/1771235600823382096?s=20

Pretty low energy for Latuff, but a more apt visual metaphor probably couldn't be published.

Ignore_Me
Mar 19, 2024

VoicesCanBe posted:

Nah, I remember when he made the about face. He got up on the podium on the senate floor and gave a speech about how “I used to be into dope, but now I’m into racism. It’s way heavier man”. Something about the crime bill I think? it was weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

guidoanselmi posted:

New York post pushing claims IDF nabbed over 50 fighters in Al shifa to diminish claims of executions

the idf just admitted an hour or two ago that many of the people whose pictures they showed in the presentation of fan favourite clown Hagari were neither present nor captured nor members of hamas