Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Pain of Mind posted:

Not sure if this has been answered and I missed it, but is there a way to carry over anything from the downloaded itch.io version of the game to steam? Played a ton like 16 months ago, but I feel like there are enough weird niche secrets and achievements that I do not necessarily want to do the work to unlock all of them again, but I still would want to work on new achievements that I did not have previously unlocked.

Also, any idea what the record for Blursed ended up being or is it known? I know a while ago I had a decent score here, but I am sure it got beat at time point.

under "ledger" there's a button you can press to get a copy-able string that will carry over your achievements when you put it into a different version of the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

The two scoundrel sides are strong for a T1, same with lazy, but there's way too many turns where I use all of the rolls and they've simply gone from blank face to blank face every time. I really don't like characters that only have one or two good dice, and the rest are consolation prizes or just straight up blank. It's a bit less of an issue with characters later in the run with how often you can pick up some useful face replacement items but early on it can just kill you dead to have one of your characters simply not do anything for two turns in a row. Also the Bramble exists.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Vulnerable into Bramble is why I love the scoundrel.

Cool to see different people play differently. My problem is the opposite. If I build 5 good sides, I will hit side 6.

Edit
The worst tier 1 is the new fuckoff who creates skeletons and it's not even close.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Worst t2 is the coffin. Bad sides and then an ability that is not so secretly a downside.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Lost a ~60 area blursed run thanks to the surprise update, but on the other hand, hurray update!

As mentioned, Eccentric is one of the best item carriers in the game, and that 4-pip descend side is stupid good.

I can't believe Vampire got a slight buff, they were already a high priority pick for me. Might be enough to offset that goddamn caltrop on Juggler. :argh: t1 yellow feels pretty bad across the board now as well.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Zero_Grade posted:

Lost a ~60 area blursed run thanks to the surprise update, but on the other hand, hurray update!

As mentioned, Eccentric is one of the best item carriers in the game, and that 4-pip descend side is stupid good.

I can't believe Vampire got a slight buff, they were already a high priority pick for me. Might be enough to offset that goddamn caltrop on Juggler. :argh: t1 yellow feels pretty bad across the board now as well.

Just get Reagents on juggler, ez :smugdog:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

How do “tactics” (the grey text like “(1x any pip)”) work? It’s impossible to search for, I just get beginner guides.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Far as I can tell so far, you need X amount of pips per thing mentioned, so Parry which wants 3x damage requires you to use one damaging face with 3+ pips, or multiple smaller damage faces that could add up to 3, and it takes them from top to bottom. Faces can double dip for stuff like Prince's Unite.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Subjunctive posted:

How do “tactics” (the grey text like “(1x any pip)”) work? It’s impossible to search for, I just get beginner guides.

These are new in v3. It seems like they're spending poo poo top-down from currently-unused sides.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

CubicalSucrose posted:

These are new in v3. It seems like they're spending poo poo top-down from currently-unused sides.

do they consume the sides, or just need them present and unused when activated?

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Subjunctive posted:

You cast them like spells. Instead of using mana, they consume the topmost unused side that fits the criteria until they meet their cost.

The idea behind Mulch (1x any pip for heal 2) is that the Spade's revive side isn't usually useful. So instead of sitting there unused, you can cast mulch to use up the side for some healing. You can also use any of your other heroes sides (provided they have at least one pip) as a heal as well, if you like.

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Now With Fresh Citrus Scent!
Agent is one of my new favourite additions. The two four use sides are great, and the top and bottom sides are hilariously swingy. Sometimes worse than useless, sometimes you roll the groupdeath keyword and wipe a boss encounter when the trash mob at the top of the stack attacks once.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Dr. Stab posted:

You cast them like spells. Instead of using mana, they consume the topmost unused side that fits the criteria until they meet their cost.

The idea behind Mulch (1x any pip for heal 2) is that the Spade's revive side isn't usually useful. So instead of sitting there unused, you can cast mulch to use up the side for some healing. You can also use any of your other heroes sides (provided they have at least one pip) as a heal as well, if you like.

Oh cool, that’s really interesting and the right tactic would make Scoundrel’s many blank sides much less annoying. Thank you!

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Subjunctive posted:

Oh cool, that’s really interesting and the right tactic would make Scoundrel’s many blank sides much less annoying. Thank you!

Yeah the bard's ability is really good. Effectively replaces all blank sides with shield 1 cleanse. Except it's better than an item that would do that because it also works on sides that have a spent single use or are exhaused.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Getting a consistent crash on Android whenever I try to burst this snake:

code:
`{c:[16Z2,18Z5,33Z,1511,1720,2043,21Z0,2285,2375,4],d:{l:{m:[Snake,Snake,Slimer,Snake]},m:[Barrel Time],n:9,p:{e:[Ballet Shoes],h:[Sphere~Flickering Blade~Shuriken,Whirl~Magnet,Cultist,Fiend,Priestess]},sl:1},p:[10],s:305511205,v:3011r}`

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i give my save
not for honor, but for you
Snake burster

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
lmao

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I should never have bought this on iOS. I can't stop playing

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Some of the gen stuff gets wild. I got shield 6 on a two mana cost spell.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

a lot of the gen stuff is identical to existing spells, and I feel like if they get that, it should just give you the normal spell (I keep getting knockoff versions of Bolt, for instance)

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
This was already one of the best game I'd ever played and you somehow managed to improve on it. Absolute madness. Btw thanks for the regional pricing, it's much easier to swallow than the $18 on itch for my friends :kimchi:

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Kuros posted:

Some of the gen stuff gets wild. I got shield 6 on a two mana cost spell.

I got a shield 6 all, but I forget the cost.

Tunicate posted:

a lot of the gen stuff is identical to existing spells, and I feel like if they get that, it should just give you the normal spell (I keep getting knockoff versions of Bolt, for instance)
What's bizarre is they can.

I've also had two different procgen spells with the same precise stats, but two different names.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Some of the proc gen spells when you start overlevelling with housecats can get truly absurd, poo poo like "1 mana 4 damage" or "5 mana 11 damage cleave". Blues seem like the most consistently useful of the proc gen heroes, because even if you get the usual "one good face with a bunch of garbage" you have other ways to get mana to abuse their typically undercosted spells.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
I also just learned spells can have charged.

Charged + Mana Gain please

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
Sometimes a hero party is just an orphan and their four cats on an adventure

(managed to roll Truce, which gives allies and enemies all undying on the first turn. Insanely powerful, lets me alpha strike every encounter no problem)

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Housecat is quite possibly the best T1 in the game, shame about most of the T2/T3 greens when you don't roll housecat.

I'm mostly just playing Hard atm, having not instantly slammed the unlock all button this time around but having gotten used to most of the new stuff I'll probably unlock the rest and go back up to unfair, the rebalanced curses/blessings are a lot more interesting/more reasonably costed overall now.

Einwand fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Mar 22, 2024

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

What modes are people playing?

I think I have the most fun when I'm abusing late game items like Time Stone but most of the classic modes don't accelerate me there fast enough.

It feels like I just want to run Nightmare with seeded team comps. Lvl 1 heroes are the worst.

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

I'm intentionally being as verbose as possible in negotiations for my own amusement.

We just finished going over Greens, and how "good if the game lets you have certain items" isn't good in a general sense. Eccentric with no items has a 29% chance with three rerolls to do nothing every round, which in practice means I will roll nine blanks in a row and the zombies he theoretically counters will Poison my whole team to death. Yeah his sides being on the right is strong if the game gives you the right tools, but that dice roll isn't in your favor either. He's the green of the yellows.

Although, some of this might be that he's t3, so when he gets runs killed by sitting on his rear end for ten rolls in a row, he's throwing away the 40 minutes that it to get to 15-20 and it feels much worse than a restart ten minutes in.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
If Eccentric isn't going to be good with your build, you generally try and pick not-Eccentric (if possible).

I am liking the new "pick a random level-up" option, which seems maybe sometimes better than skipping.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Ceebees posted:

We just finished going over Greens, and how "good if the game lets you have certain items" isn't good in a general sense.

Yea but that statement isn't true.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
In Alternate mode, the green M1mic has a stylized X over its left face: "blank (unset)" is what it says.

How would one set this, or is it hosed because it's the top unit and has nothing above it to draw from?

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

oops didn't test alternate mode with greens, I wonder what happens in general

ah they get random other passives, at least it doesn't crash

Tann fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Mar 22, 2024

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tann posted:

oops didn't test alternate mode with greens, I wonder what happens

some weird stuff in terms of leveling choices, the housecat 2 gives a free level 0 guy for instance

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

CubicalSucrose posted:

If Eccentric isn't going to be good with your build, you generally try and pick not-Eccentric (if possible).

I am liking the new "pick a random level-up" option, which seems maybe sometimes better than skipping.

I only skip if I'm locked into a build. I might hit the Random option if I'm not locked in yet, but hate the available options.

But what's really frustrating is earning the random "blessing" which levels one of your heroes, thus negating the lynchpin of your team by giving him all random sides, instead of, say, three cantrip 4 Mana sides. Nothing like taking what's supposed to be a big reward and getting a penalty. Please at least give me right of refusal to level my hero.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
The Topsy-Turvy effect (replace every character's dice with the dice of the character above them) really should be a one-time shuffle rather than an ongoing one. Some of the Greens would be great to keep on if they could get another, more useful die and have the original green's die get discarded by a promotion. (Cats or Statues, for example. Though you don't really get to choose whether you keep a cat...) Making it ongoing instead removes all of the interesting tricks you can pull with it.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Einander posted:

The Topsy-Turvy effect (replace every character's dice with the dice of the character above them) really should be a one-time shuffle rather than an ongoing one. Some of the Greens would be great to keep on if they could get another, more useful die and have the original green's die get discarded by a promotion. (Cats or Statues, for example. Though you don't really get to choose whether you keep a cat...) Making it ongoing instead removes all of the interesting tricks you can pull with it.

It just needs more of the color-specific items, because those unlock some fairly wild poo poo.

Are there Green only items now?

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Just had a pretty fun run with four housecats and a yellow, where the yellow ended up at level 11 with something like 60 base HP and a 50+ damage cleave attack.

The Ghoul
Dec 8, 2011

I got a cobra for a cock and some wrought iron balls

Lemony posted:

Agent is one of my new favourite additions. The two four use sides are great, and the top and bottom sides are hilariously swingy. Sometimes worse than useless, sometimes you roll the groupdeath keyword and wipe a boss encounter when the trash mob at the top of the stack attacks once.

I'm enjoying agent a lot as well. Getting paired the 4 use sides with growth is insane.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
Wait, Bard traded the Charged Shield side for a Cantrip Attack? What in the world happened there? It had all the obvious synergies and it also made Copycat much stronger; I only ever really bothered taking a Ninja if I had a Bard or a character with Steel. Bard is way less valuable and way less interesting now and that really sucks. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

someone awful. posted:

under "ledger" there's a button you can press to get a copy-able string that will carry over your achievements when you put it into a different version of the game

this game is soooooo great

i didnt even think to look for that, and im very happy that apparently it MERGES achievements, it doesn't just wipe your progress and replace it, because i just started playing it on my phone but still had progress on my laptop