Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Non Compos Mentis posted:

how the gently caress does a lightwhip work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It's the sad fate of mike and rich qua voice actors to forever chase the career highs of smiling friends and psycho goreman, already far out of reach

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

MarcusSA posted:

Why don’t they try and remake movies that were kinda poo poo but had good ideas behind them but just didn’t stick the landing?

Have been re-listening to all the re:Views and it's still bizarre to me Mike doesn't agree with Jay that Event Horizon is a good premise wasted.

Of course as we all made fun of when it dropped neither of them seemed to have paid attention when they watched the movie because they missed a ton of obvious things like why the "demon" spoke Latin in the recording.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

That DICK! posted:

upon further investigation, yes, it's both bad and they are bad in it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9NjrUXFTLg

honestly mike is ok. i love rich evans with all of my being but he is terrible in these clips

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Psycho goreman knew exactly how best to use rich evans as a voice actor, ~3 seconds of full bore screaming. It's all downhill from there

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

PostNouveau posted:

They did have those recurring scenes in the Book of Boba Fett where Boba Fett wakes up in a cold sweat after dreaming about holding his dad's decapitated head in his hands.

lmfao

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

I laughed at the concept of Three Body Problem by Benioff and Weiss when the trailers came out but I have to grudgingly accept it's pretty good. Not great, and there's some dumb poo poo that feels very B&W, but it's really entertaining so far.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

MarcusSA posted:

Why don’t they try and remake movies that were kinda poo poo but had good ideas behind them but just didn’t stick the landing?

I want to preface this by saying very clearly and directly:

I'm not being glib. I'm not trying to be funny, or mindlessly posting a thread mantra.

It's because they're loving idiots op.
They don't know how anything works.
They absolutely do not and will not ever understand a good idea for premise, story telling, or themes.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Hackers film 1995 posted:

honestly mike is ok. i love rich evans with all of my being but he is terrible in these clips

agreed. on the bright side because of this monstrosity mike, rich, and jeffrey combs are now costars so its all good

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

drat! I auditioned for the role of Merle in Ollie & Scoops but I was passed over for a guy who can’t say “folding table”

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

I should get high and watch this again

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

*said in the style of "zendaya as meechee"* stoklasa as brunk

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
what the gently caress

https://twitter.com/ArabNewsjp/status/1771081588232609968

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I can't tell just from these gifs, but it seems like this laser whip is only dangerous when it's moving fast, which would be a good way to play it, because that's how whips. work

MarcusSA posted:

because if you decide to make that and the movie bombs you don't get to decide what movies get made anymore

but if you go "listen, Bob, all our metrics said that a new Goonies would do gangbusters. we've tweaked our algorithm, trust me, this Mummies Alive movie starring Finn Wolfhard and Dave Bautista is a sure thing" and the movie bombs you're a SMART MAN who is he,ping the studio make decisions based on DATA

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Stink Billyums posted:

what the gently caress

preview of what could happen to you if you go there:

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Fitting I guess that Frieza built his own theme park.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

I can't wait until we run out of oil

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
More from the “who asked for this bullshit” department:

https://deadline.com/2024/03/happy-gilmore-sequel-script-written-christopher-mcdonald-says-1235866049/amp/

quote:

‘Happy Gilmore’ Sequel In Development & A Script Has Been Written, Actor Christopher McDonald Says

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

[haunting children’s choir]
I wanna kiss you all over…

…and over and again…

‘Til the night closes innnnnnnnnn

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
"Actor Christopher McDonald Says"

or, shooter mcgavin needs work

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Stink Billyums posted:

"Actor Christopher McDonald Says"

or, shooter mcgavin needs work

Yeah I dunno if we can trust a guy who eats pieces of poo poo for breakfast but all the same, please don’t make that movie

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

I expect a happy gilmore sequel to go over about as well as the anchorman and zoolander sequels.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

I wonder if they're actually going to follow up on Shooter McGavin's return as it was foreshadowed at the end of the Chubbs prequel miniseries on paramount+? no one saw it but that series was actually pretty good, it was written by the guy that created the Shadow of the Voltzwagon books

Cubone
May 26, 2011

my little niece loves Putterz, the happy gilmore cartoon. last time they visited she was walking around all day going "you're gonna die, clown!!!" although now that I'm thinking about it that may have been unrelated

Dr. Thoss
Aug 22, 2011

i am a doctor. my name is thoss.
IT'S FRIDAY

starting at 8 eastern on the discord

1. It Came From Yesterday

2. The Boogens

3. Firecracker

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

kalel posted:

dune is cool because everyone uses regular metal swords and knives. you probably wouldn't want to use a lightsaber even if you could because of how shields work

Excuse me a true dune fan would know the fremen use crysknives made from a sandworm tooth!!!

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

mossyfisk posted:

The first half was bad on purpose, and I liked it. The back half was earnestly bad and I couldn't stand it.

yeah. also the action was bad & the sets were atrocious. The one scene where the smarmy exec tells neo "we're gonna make this creatively bankrupt sequel with or without you" was funny tho. Like how many big movies are there where the director tells the audience "I made this bad on purpose as a gently caress you to the studio"

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Matrix 4 is just a cast/director reunion comfort food for the fans. It's watchable for one time but not really much of a story.

It's like when Coppola's wife released a making off doc for Apocalypse Now.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

priznat posted:

Excuse me a true dune fan would know the fremen use crysknives made from a sandworm tooth!!!

I meant figuratively metal. like :rock: metal swords and knives!!! :rock:

away with you. loving amateur

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Having a scene where the movie stops and the director calls out Warner Brothers by name and explains that they are being forced to make a 4th Matrix against their will did a lot to elevate what was otherwise a pretty uninteresting seaboot. I'll always have some respect for the movie for doing that.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

stephenthinkpad posted:

It's like when Coppola's wife released a making off doc for Apocalypse Now.
lmao

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

kalel posted:

I meant figuratively metal. like :rock: metal swords and knives!!! :rock:

away with you. loving amateur

*pulls out baliset*

Anyway here’s wonderwall

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Matrix 4 is easier to digest if you've seen Sense8, Lana Wachowski is just earnestly big on the lovey dovey stuff. Although that doesn't excuse the fight scenes.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Johnny Mnemonic is just future Pewee Herman

Illmade
Jan 17, 2024

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
PSYCORPS

Nothing is worth dying for, except Palestinians for Israel
"Who goes to a movie called Ghostbusters to watch a teenage girl having fake conflicts with her mother and her mother's boyfriend about whether she can or cannot be a Ghostbuster?"

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

John Podhortez movie reviews? gently caress off

Also Free Palestine bitch

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

get the gently caress out of this thread.

Illmade
Jan 17, 2024

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
PSYCORPS

Nothing is worth dying for, except Palestinians for Israel

Jose Oquendo posted:

get the gently caress out of this thread.

Get help.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Illmade posted:

Get help.

You're a pro-isreal, genocide denying loser, posting right-wing movie reviews unironically. You can gently caress right off forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

ghostbusters review by john poderetz. what a time to be alive

i read it and he's about 20 years late on the point and a terrible writer, the movie is probably really bad