Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

lol what ate colloquially called mobile homes would be a step up they are in literal loving campers.

enlisted men are even slum lording them out to each other according to the article.

lol an army with any dignity would be days from revolt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Owlbear Camus posted:

lol what ate colloquially called mobile homes would be a step up they are in literal loving campers.

enlisted men are even slum lording them out to each other according to the article.

lol an army with any dignity would be days from revolt

Americans are dogs that love their oppressors and lack any class conscious its why every epic left wing troop is just an anarchist

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Danann posted:

https://twitter.com/TaskandPurpose/status/1770981082223058957

New solution for the moldy bases: mobile home parks.

They should put vending machines next to the trailer park and the guys can swipe their meal cards and get the most unhealthy snacks meals.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Danann posted:

https://twitter.com/TaskandPurpose/status/1770981082223058957

New solution for the moldy bases: mobile home parks.
if you look at satellite photos of domestic military bases, there is always an RV park attached, it's not just california

HouseofSuren
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica
The people in DND think the war is just waiting to turn in their favor, but for people like myself who worked in defense forever and know what's up.

This is the end of the west winning wars in general, flat out.

Best part isn't that it's watching everyone else come to grasp with it.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

HouseofSuren posted:

The people in DND think the war is just waiting to turn in their favor, but for people like myself who worked in defense forever and know what's up.

This is the end of the west winning wars in general, flat out.

why now and not 80 years ago when we lost in korea

HouseofSuren
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica

Al! posted:

Everyone has caught up militarily technologically, we no longer have the advantages we had during the Korean war

That was the beginning of the thought "clearly money and oil" win wars, metrics. Instead of "How did ancient peoples win wars without energy needs" and that stops western people in their tracks as far as brain process

it's not a material need that makes the difference, it's the culture

HouseofSuren has issued a correction as of 23:08 on Mar 22, 2024

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Al! posted:

Would have won just fine if the US didn't arrogantly antagonize the Chinese.

HouseofSuren
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica

skooma512 posted:

Would have won just fine if the US didn't arrogantly antagonize the Chinese.

US isn't going to be winning any wars ever again

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer

im_sorry posted:

Personally, if I ever get a warning that nukes are lauching, I'm grabbing a saw, and I am going to saw the absolute gently caress out of the table.

edit: And I don't care *who* shakes their eyes at me.

well you don't have to throw a big snit over it

HouseofSuren
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica
I think it's most likely Jewish people will be forced out of the west en masse.

If you think that's crazy, you have no idea what's going on or what's going to happen clearly.

America is clearly coming to an immediate close.

I have zero fear of saying this in public, you really don't comprehend what's coming.

HouseofSuren has issued a correction as of 23:35 on Mar 22, 2024

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Article written by my fave military 'expert', David Axe. He mostly writes about Russia but I feel his latest piece fits best here:

quote:

As Chinese invasion looms, only a mighty drone strike armada can save Taiwan

Years of Ukraine-style warship hunting will need to be done in a matter of hours

In a two-month seminar for Taiwan’s navy, facing imminent Chinese invasion, Ukraine’s 18-foot, explosives-laden drone boats have wreaked havoc on the Russia’s Black Sea Fleet, ramming and sinking three large warships: two patrol boats and an amphibious landing vessel.

It would seem that Taiwan has taken the lesson on board. Now so-called “unmanned surface vessels,” or USVs, are set to become a core element of Taiwan’s strategy for defeating China.

It’s clear, however, that the Taiwanese military will need a lot more drones than it apparently is planning for – and advanced tactics for deploying them.

The Ukrainian navy developed its USVs in the first year after Russia widened its war on Ukraine starting in February 2022. The first drones – or “Sea Babies,” as the Ukrainians have nicknamed them – were little more than commercial speedboats with GPS navigation, a satellite radio connection, day and night cameras and a nose full of explosives.

Steered via satellite by a human controller potentially hundreds of miles away, the USVs mostly hunt by night, and in packs. The Sea Baby raid targeting the Russian patrol boat Sergei Kotov – off Feodosiya in occupied Crimea on March 5 – seems to be typical of the robotic assaults.

Under the cover of darkness, perhaps half a dozen drones swarmed Sergei Kotov at her anchorage. The Russian crew spotted some of the Sea Babies speeding in from astern of their vessel, and opened fire.

But according to one analysis of a video depicting the attack, a second pack of drones USVs took advantage of the Russian gunners’ distraction and attacked from the unprotected opposite side.

These flanking drones didn’t actually strike Sergei Kotov, it seems. Rather, they herded the Russian vessel into open water just outside Feodosiya. There, another pack of Sea Babies lay in wait. It’s that group of drones that apparently hit and sank the Russian vessel.

Clearly impressed by the Ukrainian USVs’ effectiveness, Taiwanese officials signaled to Taipei Times earlier this month that they would acquire 200 drone boats for the Taiwanese army as well as an unspecified number of the drones for the navy. The Chungshan Institute of Science and Technology will begin mass production of the USVs in 2026, the newspaper reported.

That swarms of USVs can defeat manned warships isn’t in doubt. But scale is a factor. The Ukrainian navy has built potentially hundreds of USVs and deployed them to sink, so far, just three of the Black Sea Fleet’s dozens of large warships.

The Chinese navy could muster hundreds of big ships for an invasion of Taiwan. While other Taiwanese and allied forces – submarines, fighter squadrons and ground-based missiles – could contribute to a defensive campaign, it’s still apparent that hundreds of USVs isn’t nearly enough USVs to make much a difference in a naval campaign that could be an order of magnitude bigger and more violent than the current battle for the Black Sea.

Especially considering the problem of time. Kyiv’s fleet is patient, apparently spending weeks plotting courses and planning maneuvers before deploying a swarm of Sea Babies to attack a single Russian vessel.

A Chinese invasion of Taiwan, by contrast, could play out in just a single day as Beijing’s massed fleet steams across the 100-mile-wide Taiwan Strait and lands potentially tens of thousands of troops on Taiwanese beaches. Taiwanese USVs might get just one shot at the attacking Chinese.

It shouldn’t be too difficult for Taipei, with its extensive high-tech industry, to scale up its prospective robotic fleet. The California think-tank RAND estimated Taiwan could buy 1,000 USVs for a little over one percent of the $20 billion the country spends annually for defense.

And then there are the Americans. In the era of Donald Trump and his isolationist – or, worse, pro-authoritarian – movement, no country can just assume the United States will fight on its behalf. Consider that a handful of Trump-aligned Republican lawmakers have, for six months now, blocked US aid to Ukraine.

But if American voters continue to keep Trump out of power and manage to blunt the power of his legislative acolytes, the United States might still honor its pledge to defend Taiwan from China. In that case, the US Navy could lend its own planned drone fleet – potentially thousands strong – to the war effort.

The Taiwanese and Americans would need to coordinate their USVs. After all, the synchronization of multiple groups of drone boats has been instrumental in the Ukrainians’ recent success with their Sea Babies.

It’s for that reason that experimentation is critical. The US Navy is already testing out drone-swarm tactics. It should invite the Taiwanese military to join the trials. Even if Trump becomes president again and withholds American support during some future Chinese attack on Taiwan, the experience the Taiwanese gain now could help them deploy their own USVs to the greatest effect in the future.

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001

Pistol_Pete posted:

Article written by my fave military 'expert', David Axe. He mostly writes about Russia but I feel his latest piece fits best here:

lol imagine thinking you have an advantage on china when it comes to drones.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
they always make the same 'mistake', they imagine their side scaling up production but never the enemy

whatever Taiwan does to counter, China will just counter...counter, and bigger. It's the same idiocy that got the west involved in a proxy war in Ukraine, this complete inability to recognize a rivals sphere of influence. China is huge, powerful and Taiwan is right on their doorstep. There's no stopping them if they choose to invade. But the west can't fathom this. China isn't allowed to have influence.

HouseofSuren
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica
In every test the US loses all its commanders immediately in the opening volleys of a war with china, they are not able to replenish these leadership positions and cause a logistical breakdown

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2021/03/us-will-lose-fast-in-war-with-china-air-forces-simulation-shows-report/

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...a-b1894062.html

https://foreignpolicy.com/2023/11/16/us-russia-china-gaza-ukraine-world-war-defense-security-strategy/

https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202306/1293327.shtml

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

HouseofSuren posted:

If you think that's crazy, you have no idea what's going on or what's going to happen clearly.

America is clearly coming to an immediate close.

I have zero fear of saying this in public, you really don't comprehend what's coming.

source you are quotes

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

The US thinks they will outproduce the workshop of the world by incentivizing the MIC with tax credits, it's incredible.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

GlassEye-Boy posted:

lol imagine thinking you have an advantage on china when it comes to drones.

China will hand Taiwan's alibaba part bin order list to Yemen.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Experts baffled as small island defeats adjacent superpower with this one weird trick!

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

so “isis” in russia eh

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Mandel Brotset posted:

so “isis” in russia eh

:ninja:

HouseofSuren
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica

zetamind2000 posted:

source you are quotes

It will happen, I guarantee it, watch and behold.

Countless defense and intelligence american's are in on it.

Much better for you to experience it as it happens than be told before hand.

HouseofSuren has issued a correction as of 00:08 on Mar 23, 2024

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Big teenager trying to sound like an adult energy

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

HouseofSuren posted:

It will happen, I guarantee it, watch and behold.

Countless defense and intelligence american's are in on it.

Much better for you to experience it as it happens than be told before hand.

epic rereg, guy

HouseofSuren
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica
Did a jew just get angry about being called out, sounds like you're trying to talk down to a Palestinian, unfortunately for you I'm an adult American

I don't think you'll be around for much longer, here in the US

a lot of people are keeping a very close eye on you all, your communities are being followed

buckle up

HouseofSuren has issued a correction as of 00:13 on Mar 23, 2024

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
psycho

HouseofSuren
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica
Get all these israeli's off somethingawful, come on, this place is filled with hasbara jews

get out of the country, seriously, get out

We'll get you out soon

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

HouseofSuren posted:

Did a jew just get angry about being called out, sounds like you're trying to talk down to a Palestinian, unfortunately for you I'm an adult American

lol lmao sure a german-american atheist has tremendous jew energy

HouseofSuren
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica

zetamind2000 posted:

lol lmao sure a german-american atheist has tremendous jew energy

Do you think Spielberg is a jewish name? because it's a german royal surname

you're filth, get out of America you israel supporter

You are not welcome here

The jews melted out of the walls for this one

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
rereg retard psycho

HouseofSuren
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica
Look at all these filthy Israel supporters, document them and follow them

You're going to lose

Serious lying jew energy from these last posts

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

dude this is the lamest gimmick kyoon ever had

HouseofSuren
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica
Why are jews melting out of the thread now, you're not welcome in America

Is there a Hasbara signal going off?

Are there young children to be touched?

If you support Israel you will face the same consequences the Israeli faces whether you're jewish or not, get ready

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

poo poo I should go back in time to 16th century swabia and tell a bunch of lutheran converts that they're crypto jews

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

turns out I was a double unknown jew this whole time

HouseofSuren
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica
Jewish isn't an ethnic group, it's a religion of white people, jews look like people that dominated by them for thousands of years

Do I need to explain what semite means?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semitic_people

Jews are neither the oldest living, or the largest living semitic group in existence.

I can't wait for this german to tell me about history, please white man tell me the truth of your worm brained education

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
it's friday night in america (which is gonna lose ww3)

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

HouseofSuren posted:

Would it be possible for you to go into more detail why and how this would happen? Thank you.

HouseofSuren
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica

Jon Pod Van Damm posted:

Would it be possible for you to go into more detail why and how this would happen? Thank you.

Yes.

Massive amounts of American's turning on you, this is happening already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Jon Pod Van Damm posted:

Don't encourage the nazi psycho