Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

Toxic Mental posted:

You can just smell the "drives an Expedition to Costco" on them

So no, not posh.

Good point--when I was thinking about it I was thinking more upper middle class guy (or aspirational) studying business, not the more British hereditary wealth type.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Nessus posted:

Costco is woke, they go to Sam’s Club

Nah they see too many Mexican families walking around there.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
top button buttoned on polo -> straight to execution imho

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Based on what sites are running this, it sounds like hopium.

"Frank Luntz Hits CNN Panel With Reality - Says If NY Seizes Trump's Assets They Are Electing Him"

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v...ld_trump.html#!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

PainterofCrap posted:

"Frank Luntz Hits CNN Panel With Reality - Says If NY Seizes Trump's Assets They Are Electing Him"

here is the issue i see from both the MSM, CHUDS and some on the left. they think that trumps base will just double over night because they forget 2020 but remember 2016. like yeah no poo poo biden can lose and etc, but like i dont see the moderates and indies running back to trump because he hosed around and found out. again to use my dad as the quintisential squishy moderate, he is more worried new york just wont punish him or will just slap him on the wrist because "trump seems to just dodge everything".

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

PainterofCrap posted:

"You can't enforce the law, this is an election year!"

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

Toxic Mental posted:

Hopefully when Trump dies we get an autopsy report that reveals his true weight

I don't think they do it for federal prison but if he is inprisoned in Georgia they 100% will and we will know what it is

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

PainterofCrap posted:

These people have brain damage

At least 60% of the country wants to see this fat loving slob get what's coming to him

I guess we have to ignore it because of idiotic spastic poll results though

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Mar 23, 2024

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

PainterofCrap posted:

Yeah, RCP is a right-wing site, and it's noticeable that the story only called Frank Luntz a "pollster," without mentioning the fact that he has a long career in specifically Republican polling and messaging.

It's a little like quoting Tucker Carlson and calling him "media personality Tucker Carlson"--technically correct, but leaves out a lot of important context.

Sir John Falstaff fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Mar 23, 2024

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Trying to jedi mind trick everyone with an Obi Wan "strike me down and I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine" argument is a real low move.

:lol:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

TulliusCicero posted:

These people have brain damage

At least 60% of the country wants to see this fat loving slob get what's coming to him

I guess we have to ignore it because of idiotic spastic poll results though

Polls are dumb, free yourself from caring about polls so you don't turn into an avatar of 2016 Election Night Nate Silver

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

If anything I think the opposite is true, if nothing happens and they just let him go without taking anything more people would think he's been cleared of all crimes and vote for him.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

MrQwerty posted:

Polls are dumb, free yourself from caring about polls so you don't turn into an avatar of 2016 Election Night Nate Silver

The only polls I care about are the ones the ladies down at the fire station fill out. ;)

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Funky See Funky Do posted:

The only polls I care about are the ones the ladies down at the fire station fill out. ;)

*LOUD MUSIC

*FLASHING RED LIGHTS

Ladies and gentlemen put your hands together for She-Arson!!!!

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

One of the things about Trump, (and his supporters), is that they always underestimate just how much he is hated by "normal" non politically aligned people.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!

Sir John Falstaff posted:

In my experience, more the former--the chud type aren't going to college.

It looks like there isn't as big a difference as you would imagine. Republicans make up 45% or more of college graduates in twelve states. I would guess that the number of current college students probably skews a little more towards Democrats than all college graduates. poo poo, there's a major national fraternity called Farmhouse.

There are plenty of failson young republicans growing up just a bit further out than the suburbs. Instead of falling up into Yale and Skull and Bones they're falling up into engineering, agribusiness and the kind of "real estate" where you sell your family's old farmland in parcel to developers.

Chief McHeath fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Mar 23, 2024

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Frank Luntz is a foot fetishist who used to work for Bill Clinton but became a Republican because the Clintons didn't show him enough feet

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:hmbol:

Holy crap he's just becoming a turkey in real time

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

Liquid Chicken posted:

Trump earlier today....

Trump next Monday morning.....

He would not change the ticket. That's too much work. He would claim that "chinamen had manipulated the balls" and switched the numbers and the lottery commission should just send the money to him as he is the rightful winner. The rascal scooter armada's invasion of the lottery commission office is the backup plan.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Do you think the Republican baby men are all friends? Do you think Santos was their leader or was he not baby enough for them?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Harry_Potato posted:

He would not change the ticket. That's too much work.

PATENTLY false, especially with access to a sharpie.

It's like y'all tried to forget his presidency

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

Looks like he ate "Big Boy" and is out looking for a chaser.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

priznat posted:

My MIL is taking her grandkids to that falun gong shen yun show tomorrow based solely on the tv ads so I hope they don’t all get radicalized

i hope they like the alien telling the audience that modern science is controlling you.

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

MrQwerty posted:

PATENTLY false, especially with access to a sharpie.

It's like y'all tried to forget his presidency

Would you leave a potential inhalant within easy reach of this guy? Someone is keeping him vertical and I doubt it's him.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

What the absolute gently caress is up with that fourth button?

Is this an AI pic?

Style Shittenhouse

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Harry_Potato posted:

Would you leave a potential inhalant within easy reach of this guy? Someone is keeping him vertical and I doubt it's him.

I hope this is a troll, sir; everyone knows what your favorite president's marking pen of choice is

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

weg posted:

What the absolute gently caress is up with that fourth button?

Is this an AI pic?

Style Shittenhouse

Jolly Rittenhouse pics are a staple of that one fake Twitter guy, Gary Peterson?

Lol I didn't realize there were so many
https://x.com/GaryPetersonUSA/status/1629090096111656964?s=20
https://x.com/GaryPetersonUSA/status/1677108928172179457?s=20
https://x.com/GaryPetersonUSA/status/1732108335984541774?s=20
https://x.com/GaryPetersonUSA/status/1680203008791945217?s=20
https://x.com/GaryPetersonUSA/status/1653727510331289601?s=20
https://x.com/GaryPetersonUSA/status/1635013708098437120?s=20

Thesaurus fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Mar 23, 2024

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Frank Luntz is a foot fetishist who used to work for Bill Clinton but became a Republican because the Clintons didn't show him enough feet

Nope, that's Dick Morris.

Frank Luntz is the guy who got Americans making $30k a year all riled up about estate taxes by calling them the "death tax." He's a piece of poo poo, but he's been pretty solidly anti-Trump (I think he's also quietly gay).

My read on the guy - he's had his worldview shattered first by the Republican Party going all-in on Trump, then seeing America elect* him as president. He's got a huge fetish for Americana bullshit, including having a replica Oval Office built in his house - very into "the sanctity of the presidency" type bullshit that the last 8 years have completely turned on its head.

He's afraid Trump getting consequences is going to get more people behind him somehow, but I think he's wrong on this. Even if he is right, big whoop, Trump gets a poll bump for 3 or 4 weeks max, before the next thing resets the race.

My opinion - J6 changed a lot of things. The Biden campaign just needs to hammer on J6, Ukraine, and the dumb fascist poo poo Trump says every day ("Dictator on day one," etc.), and they'll probably be fine, and they seem to be going in that direction based on their recent ads. I don't think the non-chud American moderates - the type of people who might've approved of Trump more after he beat his first impeachment - are inclined to give him that kind of benefit now. If his stuff is seized, it's 'cuz he hosed around. If he eats a conviction, it'll be because he deserved it.The government persecution stuff only really flies with chuds.

So he's not being disingenuous, just more or less being shell-shocked. I don't think he does polls anymore, either. He was a Republican pollster, and I'm pretty sure all the Republicans who used to hire him lost his number a while ago when he went anti-Trump. And Democrats don't have a use for him, because Republican dirty tricks only ever seem to work for Republicans and work on Republican voters. :shrug:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Strong Sauce posted:

i hope they like the alien telling the audience that modern science is controlling you.

lol I heard it gets weird as hell

The ads play constantly here it seems

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002
actually, donald meant to snort too much adderall, die, and poo poo his pants. he knew the deep state would have to clean up the poo poo, then lift his massive body and hurt their backs in the process.

i think some of these types know what they're saying is absurd, but maybe the goal is just to signal loyalty. the more absurd the statement is, the more loyalty they're signaling to their tribe or something.

Fishmasher fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Mar 23, 2024

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

lol hope whoever had the put at $35 wasnt just joking around

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Fishmasher posted:

actually, donald meant to snort too much adderall, die, and poo poo his pants. he was going to die anyway but knew this way the deep state would have to clean up the poo poo, then lift his massive bloated body and hurt their backs in the process.

Lol snorting too much speed doesn't outwardly kill you, especially if you have handlers; it just makes you talk and act like Donald "TRUMP" already does all day every day.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

is this a photoshop by that one twitter troll old guy who makes the fake fawning trump paintings?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Yes

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

That's Bob's Big Boy brother!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

This is real

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Update: I just looked at all the Plump Rittenhouse photos and despite my best efforts, I'm still sexually repulsed by men. Frankly, more than ever.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Kyle Rittenhouse is like 22 right? Like goddamn that is a rough 22 already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007