Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Heck my usual springs barely have any rain at all. Most playthroughs I'll get the scripted day 3 rain and then it's nothing but sunny days until I start getting sprinklers down. My 1.6 run had nothing until the day before the Dance. My summers are usually full of stormy days so I at least have plenty of batteries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

hopeandjoy posted:

On Spring 28 and still haven’t had a green rain...

I am like 99% sure it's a summer only event.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

My green rain was in the summer at least.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Mine, too. I had a lot of fun not knowing what was supposed to happen and just floundering around.

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

hopeandjoy posted:

On Spring 28 and still haven’t had a green rain...

My first one happened early summer.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

The Mystery Boxes could be anything... even more Mystery Boxes

Cyflan
Nov 4, 2009

Why yes, I DO have enough CON to whip my hair.

A Real Horse posted:

-Wizard is now marriageable

https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/7000
https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/16893

Alot of other people have wanted to marry him too.

Though that first mod isn't updated yet, sadly.

Cyflan fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Mar 23, 2024

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
Dug up a bridal veil on the beach. Made my cat wear it.

Obviously going down the “Crazy Cat Lady” path. I’m cool with that.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Has anyone solved the mystery of baby toss critical hit yet?

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

I think I saw a big possum on my way back home :3:

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
do not marry a wizard

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

Doc Fission posted:

I think I saw a big possum on my way back home :3:

I saw that too in the forest!!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

TurnipFritter posted:

The Mystery Boxes could be anything... even more Mystery Boxes

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
SVE aside and I appreciate it's a new patch and all, but what even are the hot neat mods these days?

I might do another play through but just starting it up I remembered how slow and ponderous the game is. Which is fine in and of itself, but for re-dos...

Vaxan
Dec 25, 2010

Filox posted:

Are you using the "Cuter" packs? I'm hoping for the ones offered for Alternate Textures will get updated, as I like them better.

This bunch,
https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/3168
https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/10039

Here's how to update these while we wait for the official mod update. This should also work for any mod that's only a texture update.

Content.json - update format to 2.0.0
Manifest.json - delete update keys line (removes error message in launcher)

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Gamerofthegame posted:

I might do another play through but just starting it up I remembered how slow and ponderous the game is. Which is fine in and of itself, but for re-dos...

CJB Cheats and turning up the move speed and turning on whatever cheats eliminate the parts of the game you think are a grind. Also Automate.

Or if you think the game isn't grindy enough, wait for this to update: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/16087

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I've settled on using CJB Cheats to give myself +3 speed and TimeSpeed to speed time up a bit to compensate. It works out still to my benefit vs. vanilla but I don't really care. I have better things to do with my life than watch my little farmer alien sloooooowly crawl his way to Robin's and back.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
And the last of the mods I was waiting to update is done. I'm in full gently caress it mode this time, but I'll respect the content just enough to wait on breaking the drat stumps.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Anyone done an animals-focused run? With the new farm type, I was thinking of trying it out. In the past I've always just stuck to one barn and one coop. I was curious about trying to set up at least a few of each type, and go with selling animals for profit.

I'm guessing it's still better to go the Tiller->Artisan route to improve the price of cheese/truffle oil/cloth? Or is it at least viable to go like Rancher->Shepard?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Gully Foyle posted:

Anyone done an animals-focused run? With the new farm type, I was thinking of trying it out. In the past I've always just stuck to one barn and one coop. I was curious about trying to set up at least a few of each type, and go with selling animals for profit.

I'm guessing it's still better to go the Tiller->Artisan route to improve the price of cheese/truffle oil/cloth? Or is it at least viable to go like Rancher->Shepard?

My last farm was getting a full coop or barn of every animal type and color.

Poque posted:

it is wild when all my animals are out. Can you find me?

Got 12 of everything except golden chickens and all I have left for that is the golden clock. 4.3M saved so far...slow going.

I think I still went Tiller -> Artisan at the end, but don't forget that you can respec for 10k in the sewers. It's a lot more useful than I realized, especially for going Forester -> Lumberjack in Foraging for more hardwood before switching out. Starting with Rancher definitely makes sense, and then you can test to see if Shepherd would be more useful for you by the time you get to lv10 Farming.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

So the meadow lands farm is fantastic if you want to rush. By starting with a coop and two chickens you progress much faster and start generating income much quicker. That plot of dirt in front of the house is all you need for farming, I plan to set up at least a second barn and second coop but I think the map has enough room for six total. I’m almost through summer year one and I’m about to upgrade both my coop and barn to final. Map owns.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Gully Foyle posted:

artisan is best yes. Animals are also really really good cash wise. Chickens and cows which you start out with are actually the most profitable once you get them going (Plus pigs but they take a while to set up) Playing the new farm type on a vanilla run and two free chickens at the start mean I have 500 gold every day on Spring 20 now that its ending up as gold-star mayonaisse which is really loving good for 1st season.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Gamerofthegame posted:

SVE aside and I appreciate it's a new patch and all, but what even are the hot neat mods these days?

People are asking this every half page or so. If you go back a could pages there is more mod chatter. I'm playing with Chests Everywhere this run and think it's wonderful, if very game breaking in terms of inventory management. But yeah Automate and cheats if you want less drudgery. Just scroll most popular on Nexus for fun times.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I've gotta say having chickens at the start feels like it's given me a lot more ready cash than usual. I'm not a minmaxer at all and I usually feel strapped for money the whole first year, but I am comfy. I'll probably have a house upgrade before the end of year one, even. ...my usual pace is very slow okay.

I have decided to stick to the name theme I was given. My first two chickens were Porcini and Portobello and I don't know many mushroom names, so I will just stay with P foods, and I named her Pancetta.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

HopperUK posted:

I've gotta say having chickens at the start feels like it's given me a lot more ready cash than usual. I'm not a minmaxer at all and I usually feel strapped for money the whole first year, but I am comfy. I'll probably have a house upgrade before the end of year one, even. ...my usual pace is very slow okay.

I have decided to stick to the name theme I was given. My first two chickens were Porcini and Portobello and I don't know many mushroom names, so I will just stay with P foods, and I named her Pancetta.

Mine were Ann and Potpurri so all classic Harvest Moon characters for me.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

mine were gingersnap and snowy but i am continuing my trend of naming the others after my partner because they have like four names

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

Gamerofthegame posted:

I'll post the list I ended up with later when I'm back from work, I found a good mix of QoL and graphical mods that smooth the rough edges without changing the core gameplay loops or balance. My wife and I are having a blast with 1.6 so far :shobon:

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

All right, I caved. After putting in the mod to see peoples' whereabouts and the one that gives detailed information about an item with F1 (such as if it's needed for community center or which villager enjoys it as a gift - or targeting a person shows what gifts they like and even if you have any!) I started to randomly gift people as well. I even accidentally got Emily's dream sequence already despite not even going for her specifically.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
You guys are over there modding up, and I’m over here stuck on the Switch which doesn’t even have 1.6 yet.

I could play PC, but I don’t want to play games in the same chair that I work from :colbert:

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

My current Meadowlands Farm is animal focused, with me only growing crops in the small patch outside the house for cash to build the animal buildings. I am just using default names for animals. I have downloaded the Elle's Cute Coop/Barn animals mods, so I have a black chicken already. It is cute.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Poque posted:

it is wild when all my animals are out. Can you find me?

Got 12 of everything except golden chickens and all I have left for that is the golden clock. 4.3M saved so far...slow going.

This is my nightmare farm.

edit: That's weird. How did I jump back 50 pages to find this post.

Filox
Oct 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Don't miss the trout derby, it's fun and I did all right with just the bamboo rod.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/1771670278591942921

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

eightysixed posted:

You guys are over there modding up, and I’m over here stuck on the Switch which doesn’t even have 1.6 yet.

I could play PC, but I don’t want to play games in the same chair that I work from :colbert:

the steam deck is waiting for you my friend

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
it rules to play stardew on the couch, modded, then go back to my desk and have the same save and mods ready to go, you can even remap the extra buttons to keyboard key presses to activate said mods

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
The literal only downside for modded Stardew on Steam Deck is not having all the daily screenshots in the same spot without a little extra work. It’s so good.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

oh thank god

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I forgot to customize my pet, is this something easy to change with an editor or am I restarting on spring 3 :v:

the save editor on nexus hasn't been updated since 2023 so I don't know if that's a feasible option still

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

Psion posted:

I forgot to customize my pet, is this something easy to change with an editor or am I restarting on spring 3 :v:

the save editor on nexus hasn't been updated since 2023 so I don't know if that's a feasible option still

You can change your pet's appearance (so long as it stays a cat or dog respectively) in base game once you're high enough friendship with the wizard (4 hearts) and unlock his basement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Ha, that's awesome. I'll do that, thanks.