Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

Platystemon posted:

I’m not going to subject the awful charts thread to this.

You love to see lobster infighting.

How would you feel if I indoctrinated your kids with this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Cicadalek posted:

Question - Why are we there?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Platystemon posted:

I’m not going to subject the awful charts thread to this.

You love to see lobster infighting.

Nah, boo boo.

soviet elsa
Feb 22, 2024
lover of cats and snow
I don’t know what the chart says, but I would definitely react by calling the school board to report I don’t want my daughter in the same classes as Jordan “Required to Keep Door Open” Peterson.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
It reminds me of the first days after the Mario movie came out, and it wasn't sure yet whether it would be a hit - so you had the right-wing culture warriors simultaneously claiming that it was a celebration of traditional masculinity and also that it was yet another case of a franchise going broke because they went woke.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Skios posted:

It reminds me of the first days after the Mario movie came out, and it wasn't sure yet whether it would be a hit - so you had the right-wing culture warriors simultaneously claiming that it was a celebration of traditional masculinity and also that it was yet another case of a franchise going broke because they went woke.
Unsuccessful high budget film/game: Woke
Wildly successful high budget film/game: Not Woke
Previously successful franchise starting to level off: People waking up to the Wokeness
Previously niche franchise suddenly becoming more successful: success of anti DEI/ESG efforts and more anti woke creators taking the helm

The General
Mar 4, 2007

tokin opposition posted:

Being a "the weed is too strong now" boomer but for tiddies being too big

The boomers are kinda right. I mean not for me, gimmie all the strong weed, but for them. Imagine if you grew up drinking 4% beer, then you get old and all you can buy is 10% beer. It's gonna be too strong for you.

Look at this garbage. This is the best weed of the 70s. I wouldn't even buy anything that looked this lovely.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

The General posted:

This is the best weed of the 70s.
No it’s not. That’s what later generations would call “brick weed”. As you can see, the buds aren’t even trimmed. That was certainly quite common, but not ubiquitous.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

No it’s not. That’s what later generations would call “brick weed”. As you can see, the buds aren’t even trimmed. That was certainly quite common, but not ubiquitous.

Literally High Times best weed of 77.

The General has a new favorite as of 01:11 on Mar 23, 2024

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Literally ever boomer got warned 'they grow it a lot stronger now than you used to, be carefu-' and blew them off and smoked too much and now they're complaining they weren't warned.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
listen back in my day, they fit comfortably in the hand, maybe a little spillage over the sides if you'd recently had a kid. but now? these transgender hormones they're putting in the milk, i can't even lift one titty, let alone two. and don't even get me started on nipples. back in my day you were happy if she had two, nowadays we've got third nipple and fourth nipple, and they're the size of hubcaps, nipples longer than your dick, constantly making GBS threads. why can't i have a good, all american, A cup anymore?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

The General posted:

I know that. You could get much better. Even in a podunk town in the Midwest. I was there.

E: I don’t mean that to sound aggressive. But I was buying weed at that time and I’m not lying, and I’m not mistaken.

WithoutTheFezOn has a new favorite as of 01:50 on Mar 23, 2024

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Cicadalek posted:

Its not indoctrination if its the truth.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

The General posted:

that's just the best weed they had left by the time the photographer arrived

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

I know that. You could get much better. Even in a podunk town in the Midwest. I was there.

E: I don’t mean that to sound aggressive. But I was buying weed at that time and I’m not lying, and I’m not mistaken.

go back to 1977 and take it up with the people who were editing and compiling High Times magazine, my dude, since they're apparently the ones who lied and were mistaken or whatever, and your memory is so much more reliable than the photographic record they left us

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Something tells me the guys at High Times were in their right state of mind

The General
Mar 4, 2007

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

I'm not relying on the memory of a 70 year old stoner :v:

Edit: I'm not even 40 and can't remember last week :ohdear:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

BioEnchanted posted:

Question - Why are we there?

OK, this is going to take some explanation so bear with me: There is no human entity, just human Cubics - as in 4 different people in a 4 corner stage metamorphic rotation. Cubeless education - is a deadly evil. Cubeless educators are evil bastards. Humans are dumb, educated stupid, and evil. They don't want to know Nature's Cubic Order of Creation.

This might seem like a tangent, but trust me; it's relevant.

Man invented word, and calls it god. "The Word World", imposed by the academic institutions, is synonymous with the Matrix's induced "Dream World". Both are most efficient mind enslavers, and humans know not their difference from "The Cubic World", the creation principle of all that exist.

Do you follow? If you don't, don't worry. Educated stupid, you can't know Truth.

Academic free speech is a drat lie. Try to discuss & debate Nature's Time Cube and your evil teachers will not allow you. Ignorance of Time Cube dooms humans, inflicting their own created "word hell". Educators are actually "evil word gods", teaching commercial plunder of Nature. The drat bastards suppress free speech, by denying Time Cube debate discussion. Students MUST DEMAND free speech - for the greatest of all human discoveries: Nature's Harmonic Simultaneous 4 Day Rotating Creation Principle of Cubicism.

Read physics of Santa Claus . Explain the physics of a god. Belief has no inherent value, but worship of such nonvalue as a god, equates to nonacceptance of Cubic knowledge - as demonstrated by ineffable Truth and the Highest Order of Wisdom. I can talk with a human for hours about the Time Cube and they will agree with every claim I make. But at the end of the conversation, they remark that they believe in the nonvalue belief god and cannot accept Cubic Creation, regardless of all the ineffable Truth and Wisdom it proves. A Belief Matrix pulls a 1 day world over your eyes, while the real Cubic World has 4 simultaneous days in 1 Earth rotation.

Do you understand now why we're there?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
you might think this is a bit
but it is not a bit

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
For all* have sinned, etc.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
...but cubes have six corners?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I'm trying to remember the commandment against not understanding object permanence? Also, if we take at face value, how does a 4 month old confess? and what if there's a tragic car accident before they can say words, does the baby go to hell?

I know he says "reformed" I'm not positive what that means, I assume some sort of protestant, Catholics give you a free pass until you're like 12 or 13 from my understanding. Even like Evangelicals give kids a break. In the Left Behind books every single child was raptured along with the true believers (which would be absolutely horrifying, a few hundred thousand adults disappear with no explanation, weird and scary as hell, a few hundred thousand adults and every single child under the age of 12 or whatever disappear you would have mass suicides and revolutions).

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Flesh Forge posted:

you might think this is a bit
but it is not a bit

I thought apologetics is a way to share the gospel in a way that's reasonable.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Air Skwirl posted:

I'm trying to remember the commandment against not understanding object permanence? Also, if we take at face value, how does a 4 month old confess? and what if there's a tragic car accident before they can say words, does the baby go to hell?

I know he says "reformed" I'm not positive what that means, I assume some sort of protestant, Catholics give you a free pass until you're like 12 or 13 from my understanding. Even like Evangelicals give kids a break. In the Left Behind books every single child was raptured along with the true believers (which would be absolutely horrifying, a few hundred thousand adults disappear with no explanation, weird and scary as hell, a few hundred thousand adults and every single child under the age of 12 or whatever disappear you would have mass suicides and revolutions).

baptists don't do confession, if I were a sinful baby I would simply go read this helpful guide on the interbabynet
https://www.dearbornbaptistchurch.org/how-to-be-forgiven

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

oh you can't read? haha dumbass baby, enjoy hell

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I mean, sinning is just doing bad poo poo, basically. Babies do that. Can't really blame them for it, since they're babies and don't know any better. I mean, jealousy is a sin. Have you never seen a baby want something someone else has and get mad if they don't get it?

I guess there's supposed to be a point where you should know better and are held accountable for it, but "babies sin" isn't a particularly hot take, honestly.

like the idea is "literally everyone sins", so yeah, babies are included. You don't just go to hell if you sin, everyone sins, but there's extenuating Jesus circumstances or whatever.

Midnight Voyager has a new favorite as of 07:18 on Mar 23, 2024

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

lol

Can't wait until we finish killing god, just two or three more decades and then we can implement postmodern marxism

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
It's just not an IOSM unless you want to continue the endless religion derail. It's not even a contentious thing he said, the contentiousness is in the implications of it.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Midnight Voyager posted:

It's just not an IOSM unless you want to continue the endless religion derail. It's not even a contentious thing he said, the contentiousness is in the implications of it.

How many newborns do you think are being tormented forever, rough estimate, in millions?

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

tokin opposition posted:

How many newborns do you think are being tormented forever, rough estimate, in millions?

All of them, because newborns can't verbally assert their belief in Jesus Christ and therefore go straight to hell. It's a bad loophole but no one's bothered patching it in two millennium so we can only assume this is the desired result

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

...but cubes have six corners?

:rolleyes:

Educators own your mind and fills it with garbage, that will soon destroy humanity.

You are a slave - to academic induced inculcated belief - an insidious entity, an evil which corrupts human mental ability to accept creation knowledge, as demonstrated in Cubicism.

Did you see the movie Matrix? Actually the induced night "dream world" is synonymous with the academic religious induced daytime "word world" enslavement of humans. Word has no inherent value, as it was invented as a counterfeit and fictitious value to represent natural values in commerce. Unfortunately, human values have declined to fictitious word values. Unknowingly, you are living in a "Word World", as in a fictitious life in a counterfeit nation - which you could consider Matrix induced "Dream World". Can you distinguish the academic induced "Word World" from the natural "Real World"? Beware of the change when your brain is free from induced"Word World" enslavement - for you could find that the natural "Real World" has been destroyed.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
"You don't just go to hell if you sin, everyone sins, but there's extenuating Jesus circumstances or whatever."

I can say it again if you're bad at reading. Sorry I apparently remember poo poo from having to go to a religious school as a kid. Definitely continue the endless boring derail though, you're amazing at that.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Air Skwirl posted:

what if there's a tragic car accident before they can say words, does the baby go to hell?

I think they go to limbo, don't they? There's heaven (best), limbo (not so bad), purgatory (kind of sucks) and hell (the worst). If you never became a Christian because you didn't get the opportunity, you don't qualify for either the best or worst option, just one of the middle ones. Can't go to hell but also can't go to heaven.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Kit Walker posted:

All of them, because newborns can't verbally assert their belief in Jesus Christ and therefore go straight to hell. It's a bad loophole but no one's bothered patching it in two millennium so we can only assume this is the desired result

Pretty sure the Universalists did it.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Honestly? I blame God.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Tiggum posted:

I think they go to limbo, don't they? There's heaven (best), limbo (not so bad), purgatory (kind of sucks) and hell (the worst). If you never became a Christian because you didn't get the opportunity, you don't qualify for either the best or worst option, just one of the middle ones. Can't go to hell but also can't go to heaven.

Limbo and Purgatory are more Catholic things, but I'm sure you can throw a rock and find another church that's into that. I mean, I pass about five of them if I go in any direction around here, Bible belt's lousy with random offshoot churches.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Wouldn't this be a "pull up, thread, pull up!" kind of moment?

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Tiggum posted:

Limbo is in Hell. It's the first circle, where the virtuous pagans, Jews, Muslims and anyone who died before being able to be saved dwell untortured in the Cathedral of Human Reason.

Purgatory is a temporary holding area where Christians go after death to get the sins beat out of them. Eyes sown shut, lust boiled out, that kind of thing.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mushika posted:

Wouldn't this be a "pull up, thread, pull up!" kind of moment?

I can't help it if you were educated stupid. Read physics of Santa Claus. Explain the physics of a god.

Honestly my favorite one-two punch in Time Cube, straight from Santa Claus to god physics. Can we just get more Time Cube? I could go for more Time Cube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Well, all right, maybe a "pull out, thread!" kind of moment