Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

https://twitter.com/InsiderGamingIG/status/1771300253821464680?t=ms5wUKpZ2kXE2aLk4zK1Fw&s=19

Don't think there's a handheld that can ever replace my Steam Deck, but I guess there could be a market for a native Xbox device.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

John F Bennett posted:

https://twitter.com/InsiderGamingIG/status/1771300253821464680?t=ms5wUKpZ2kXE2aLk4zK1Fw&s=19

Don't think there's a handheld that can ever replace my Steam Deck, but I guess there could be a market for a native Xbox device.

If it's like the PS Portal (cloud gaming) it's a no. If it's like the Steam Deck (but cheaper) that will do. Give me a Xbox Portable, the size of a PSP/Vita with a 720/480p screen so it can run anything smooth :q:

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.
The PS Portal is a lovely looking device that is as far as I'm concerned useless, so I hope they don't do that. An actually portable XBox would be very cool though.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

According to the post, it would play games natively. So, installed on it, not via streaming.

You can already stream locally installed games to your steam deck using third party software.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Portable Xbox would be an instant buy for me.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Portable Xbox would be an instant buy for me.

I just got a rog ally but yeah this would probably be good poo poo

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

hatty posted:

All that stuff can be found in game too no need for real money
The Dragon's Dogma 2 appearance change item you can earn in game only has two known copies available. You can change your appearance twice and then it's time to dig out the wallet.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

If an Xbox handheld could do backwards compatibility I’d be all over it

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I got the rog ally for handheld gamepass and then it turned out oh having every steam game I ever bought handheld actually is great

Like stuff from 5 years ago I never got around to finishing is just, there. It plays newer stuff well, Diablo 4 is better handheld but you just sort of have to accept you’re not gonna play everything (apparently dragons dogma is unplayable)

If they had a Xbox handheld like, a year ago I probably would’ve bought it but now maybe not so much. I think the future of handhelds is just being able to play your existing library for sure though

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Yaaaaaaaa. Vert gets a little sister!

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Quantum of Phallus posted:

☝️

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Playing 360 (and Xbone of course) games would be amazing

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I love my Steam Deck. Heck I even love using the cloud gaming app on my Quest 3 to play MSFS on a huge screen.

I am thankful for daddy Microsoft

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

I enjoy using my Steam Deck to stream Gamepass games in a Microsoft Edge browser window. It would be nice to install games on it natively without also having to install Windows but I wouldn't buy another handheld just for that.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Wrex Ruckus posted:

I enjoy using my Steam Deck to stream Gamepass games in a Microsoft Edge browser window. It would be nice to install games on it natively without also having to install Windows but I wouldn't buy another handheld just for that.

Have you tried the Xbplay app? You can get it on Steam.

With it, you can stream all your owned Xbox games to your Steam Deck, not just Game Pass games. It works extremely well.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

The Dragon's Dogma 2 appearance change item you can earn in game only has two known copies available. You can change your appearance twice and then it's time to dig out the wallet.
If what is being reported is true (a major if when it comes to this game, but as far as I can tell it's true) each of the purchasable DLC items can only be purchased once. So yeah you can pay $1.99 to change your appearance one extra time, but it's not like they're going to be farming you for :10bux: :10bux: :10bux: Very weird move that seems like it should please literally nobody.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

John F Bennett posted:

Have you tried the Xbplay app? You can get it on Steam.

With it, you can stream all your owned Xbox games to your Steam Deck, not just Game Pass games. It works extremely well.

Interesting, I'll check that out.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Just make Game Pass work on Steam Deck, okay Microsoft? Thanks!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Volte posted:

If what is being reported is true (a major if when it comes to this game, but as far as I can tell it's true) each of the purchasable DLC items can only be purchased once. So yeah you can pay $1.99 to change your appearance one extra time, but it's not like they're going to be farming you for :10bux: :10bux: :10bux: Very weird move that seems like it should please literally nobody.

When people get pissed about not being able to change their appearance again they'll announce "You've been demanding it, now you can buy Executive Appearance Changer, where you can change your appearances as much as you want for one year for only 29.99!"

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

1glitch0 posted:

When people get pissed about not being able to change their appearance again they'll announce "You've been demanding it, now you can buy Executive Appearance Changer, where you can change your appearances as much as you want for one year for only 29.99!"

Should be a subscription.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
There's a thing u can buy for like 50 currency to edit your appearance lol. And that currency is easy as hell to come by, I have been playing an hour and a half and have like 400...

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

veni veni veni posted:

A game about balls seems pretty intriguing but like most games it doesn't appear to be on Xbox as far as I can tell. Do you have link to the xbox version so I can play with some balls?

I'm just trying to get some use out of my series X while I take a break from playing better versions of all the Xbox exclusives on PC or PS5. Currently my Series X is being used to prop up an aloe plant which is starting to feel like a waste of $500 tbh.

Plant life is precious and priceless :colbert:

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

External Organs posted:

There's a thing u can buy for like 50 currency to edit your appearance lol. And that currency is easy as hell to come by, I have been playing an hour and a half and have like 400...

This sounds like u need to play the game tho

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Just started playing Control and it rules and there's no micro transactions to reload your gun or anything

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

1glitch0 posted:

Just started playing Control and it rules and there's no micro transactions to reload your gun or anything

Tbf they locked the next-gen upgrade behind owning the "Ultimate Edition", which meant having to rebuy the game if you already had the original Xbox One release. (Don't blame Remedy though; this was all 505.)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

in fairness , that goes on sale all the time for pennies. it also had all the DLC

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

in fairness , that goes on sale all the time for pennies. it also had all the DLC

Sure, it's fine by now, but it was a really ugly situation at first. No cheaper option to just upgrade the basic version or anything. Or just applying the Series X/S upgrade to the original.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Zat posted:

Sure, it's fine by now, but it was a really ugly situation at first. No cheaper option to just upgrade the basic version or anything. Or just applying the Series X/S upgrade to the original.

The PS release was the worst. The ultimate edition was just the game plus DLC, but if you bought the game and DLC separately it didn’t count. They put the ultimate edition on sale after they announced that it was required to get the PS5 version, and then after the sale was over announced it’d be a free monthly Plus game on launch. (Sony refused to give me my $20 back. :mad: )

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Dewgy posted:

The PS release was the worst. The ultimate edition was just the game plus DLC, but if you bought the game and DLC separately it didn’t count. They put the ultimate edition on sale after they announced that it was required to get the PS5 version, and then after the sale was over announced it’d be a free monthly Plus game on launch. (Sony refused to give me my $20 back. :mad: )

Control for PC was part of a Humble Bundle/Monthly, but they figured it was too much value to give you the entire package, so the redeemable Steam key just gave you the base game whereas Steam itself just listed the complete version of the game. If you wanted to play the DLC with the former you had to pick up the Season Pass from Humble, because the DLC weren't available as separate purchases from Steam itself!

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Reminder that fortunately Remedy got the rights off 505

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I got a bug in Evil West where supercharge mode doesn't activate. gently caress this.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Anyone else excited about Planet Zoo tomorrow? I'm buying the Deluxe Edition because it has extra animals to lock up.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

John F Bennett posted:

Anyone else excited about Planet Zoo tomorrow? I'm buying the Deluxe Edition because it has extra animals to lock up.

It looks cool and I enjoyed Planet Coaster! Though I’m not sure it’ll be a day one purchase. I read that it’s a lot more spreadsheet-y which might not translate that well to console

Still enjoying Control, that maze sequence kicked rear end

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

webmeister posted:

It looks cool and I enjoyed Planet Coaster! Though I’m not sure it’ll be a day one purchase. I read that it’s a lot more spreadsheet-y which might not translate that well to console

Planet Coaster is awesome, I even bought all the DLC for it. I'm sure I'll enjoy Planet Zoo as well, I don't think a Frontier game has ever let me down.

Control : I was just about to start the maze mission myself tonight.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

John F Bennett posted:

I will wait to see how Let’s Game it Out Josh manages to make it utterly hell for the animals and/or park visitors.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

webmeister posted:

The ashtray maze was easily my favorite part of the entire game. :allears: It's just so silly out of nowhere.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

This is why you buy games 6 months down the road for 20 dollars off a key site instead of on launch this generation.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Seltzer posted:

This is why you buy games 6 months down the road for 20 dollars off a key site instead of on launch this generation.

lmao at telling that "switching off ray tracing will not affect your framerate significantly". That excuse doesn't work for me, brother

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Guillermus posted:

lmao at telling that "switching off ray tracing will not affect your framerate significantly". That excuse doesn't work for me, brother

As it is right now the main way people are improving FPS in the game is to murder entire towns so the NPCs aren’t active any more, so I think in this case they may actually not be bullshitting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Dewgy posted:

As it is right now the main way people are improving FPS in the game is to murder entire towns so the NPCs aren’t active any more, so I think in this case they may actually not be bullshitting.

Yeah GN just put out a video on it and they also noted the tracing the rays doesn’t have much of a performance hit.

It’s all the weird CPU poo poo that’s the issue.