Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

". . . Hey bellhop, I'll give you a grand if you burn those papers before the cops show up."

"Sure!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Spidey: ...anyway Mr. Robertson, those are all the crimes I have personally witnessed Yates masterminding over the last several weeks that I was publicly endorsing him for Senate.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Can't wait for JJJ's "I knew Yates was bad from the moment he teamed up with that MENACE!!".

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Oh poo poo, is it time?!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Haifisch posted:

Can't wait for JJJ's "I knew Yates was bad from the moment he teamed up with that MENACE!!".

JJJ is such a gem

It took me a second to notice he was holding his jacket in the last panel, I thought he simply had a very flamboyant response to the situation

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

MorningMoon posted:

JJJ is such a gem

JJJ is almost entirely right, here.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

:lol:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

So remember:
🎶 I'm Punisher
That's my name
That name again is Punisher
🎶

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

"And his fiery crash only killed three pedestrians! Not too shabby, huh?"

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Something or other about a chimney.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hey peter, killing a landlord is a victimless crime.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

The guy walking around with a rifle and a shirt with a giant skull on it: "Am I good? Bad? Who's to say?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToKcmnrE5oY

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

it's beaux-arts under scaffolding

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Trying to remember if Huffinger ever met Peter or if he only gave Spider-man his card. Very interested in how their friendship blossom as he's the most important guy in the wedding sans the Bugle staff.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Boooo, that pun, booo, I say!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

"Flea-brained dipstick" is pretty great, JJJ's insult game is on point today

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
God Punisher feels sooo out of place in this universe.

Also I guess this is going to be one of those story lines where we spend two weeks covering five minutes.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Red Warrior posted:

God Punisher feels sooo out of place in this universe.

Also I guess this is going to be one of those story lines where we spend two weeks covering five minutes.

That's every story line though

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

So, is Newspaper Punisher like gonna shoot bad guys indirectly? :allears: Be a merciless vigilante by waging his huge sniper around and scaring goons as he shoots off their knives or whatever. Also, drat that's some good timing, this arc first mentions the Punisher on April 4th 2004, we see him April 10th and his movie hits theaters April 16.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Do it, Stan Lee's Ghostwriter, do a story where Spider-Man fights and defeats capitalism!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

And that's that for Yates. Sure, Spidey just kinda left him with a bunch of people he could've bribed, and the evidence was super illegally obtained, but Yates didn't have Huffinger, the best lawyer in NYC.
One one hand, it's the wife going "i could take the abuse, the dishonesty, the crimewave to boost your poll numbers, tricking one of the superheroes I admired, but I draw the line at you actually getting caught." but otoh I am a sucker for Yates truly losing everyone; those he lured in with the money turning on him once it was clear that well would dry up, and those who actually liked him he pushed away; very early on in the arc he got rid of staff at Yates Security, so i'm assuming he was legit for several years and then started shifting towards the racket.

MorningMoon posted:

If I ever made a Spider-man adaptation i'd absolutely have a scene of Peter walking Lergnom to piss on Oscorp.

After the epic of the wrestling arc, I'm glad this one was a shorter, 4 month affair with more focus and a zany end. I am disappointed that Legrnom didn't somehow save the day. I really thought them introducing a dog would lead to something.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

MorningMoon posted:

After the epic of the wrestling arc, I'm glad this one was a shorter, 4 month affair with more focus and a zany end. I am disappointed that Legrnom didn't somehow save the day. I really thought them introducing a dog would lead to something.

It lead to a dog, and it's ok that that's enough.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yates it's okay, you and Blackie can be open about your relationship now :shobon:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
because he wears a skintight costume which displays his hot bod?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

MorningMoon posted:

And that's that for Yates. Sure, Spidey just kinda left him with a bunch of people he could've bribed, and the evidence was super illegally obtained

Nope we checked with Internet lawyers. The evidence was legit cause Spidey does not work for the Police.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
ah, so if video game spiderman were in the exact same sequence of events the evidence would be invalid.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

Nope we checked with Internet lawyers. The evidence was legit cause Spidey does not work for the Police.

Ah poo poo, go Spidey

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

"It's pretty badass, isn't it?"

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Next panel is just Pete watching the Punisher jog down the street because he cant be arsed to go after him.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Welcome to the New York housing market, Peter. I'm gonna just tell you right now that whatever you find, you can't afford it.

Stahlgeist
Nov 19, 2009

Crossover event where Archie has left Riverdale for the big city and runs afoul of Spider-Man by renting the apartment he wanted.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I'd never considered it before, but Peter going apartment hunting, quite literally per that strip, sounds like an excellent source of comedy. Hope he tries to move back with Aunt May but now she rented out the extra room to, oh let's say The Rhino.,

I love lil' Jeremy Jameson (jr?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy