Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Fungah!)

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

man the first part of bubbys rough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
yup

thanks for the epic sig el spider

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bubby has spent thirty years trapped in the same small room, tricked by his mother.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

She's such a trickster lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

bad boy bubby

gonna need to think about this one for a bit. man

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Leadthumb posted:

just a jape

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ok, bad boy buddy. obviously incredibl. like fucker said, th whole rest of the movie wouldnt work without that first half hour but man that's a hard half hour. lot of good performances but nicholas hope knocks it out of th park, incredibly difficult role and he sells th poo poo out of it. he pulls off all those little mannerisms and tics perfect. if i had time itd be cool to see if every word bubby says ws said somewhere else before it in the script, feels like it was but its hard to be sure. movie it reminded me most of was tommy, psychologically damaged kid becomes a rock n roll messiah through a surreal journey. dark, dark fuckin movie, lot of humor but most of its pitch black or not funny at all. some incredible monologues even if they felt idk staged i guess? the cling wrap speech is incredible in particular. i think this ones gonna fall squarely into "movies i love but i cn never watch again" for some obvious reasons.

★★★ ½

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ps the sound design is incredible and so fuckin cool and i really liked th music overall. also like symbolic said anyone who gets turned on by this movie is a legit psycho lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

machetezombie, get me your pick please

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

DAY OF THE DEAD
Courtesy of MacheteZombie

As the world is overrun by zombies, a group of scientists and military personnel sheltering in an underground bunker in Florida must decide on how they should deal with the undead horde.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g9XorBCikM

Director: George A. Romero
Writer: George A. Romero
Stars: Lori Cardille, Terry Alexander, Joseph Pilato

Available On: Hulu, Fubo, Peacock, The Roku Channel

Available From: 3/25 - 4/7

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Sweet

This is where I admit I haven't seen DotD - time to fix taht

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

MacheteZombie staying on brand. Gotta respect it

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

herculon posted:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl0BYWog5ps

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lol username thematically appropriate pick

copy
Jul 26, 2007

herculon posted:

yup

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I just marathoned all the Romero zombie movies recently enough that they’re still fresh in my mind so I might pass this time but it’s a good movie and a good pick, I’m looking forward to the discussion.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

this one's on the 1001 movies list, so i'll try to jump in on it. never seen and always meant to.

what are the rules for getting in on the roll for choosing a movie? i'll probably watch anything that's on the 1001 list, but it's one of my OCD Forever projects so i can't interrupt it.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

this one's on the 1001 movies list, so i'll try to jump in on it. never seen and always meant to.

what are the rules for getting in on the roll for choosing a movie? i'll probably watch anything that's on the 1001 list, but it's one of my OCD Forever projects so i can't interrupt it.

oh, i already threw your name on there. i'll let you know whn your numbers up

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Fungah! posted:

oh, i already threw your name on there. i'll let you know whn your numbers up

awesome, thanks!

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

good pick

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

quote:

Romero originally intended the film to be "the Gone with the Wind of zombie films"

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

and by god he did it

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Fungah! posted:

DAY OF THE DEAD
Courtesy of MacheteZombie

As the world is overrun by zombies, a group of scientists and military personnel sheltering in an underground bunker in Florida must decide on how they should deal with the undead horde.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g9XorBCikM

Director: George A. Romero
Writer: George A. Romero
Stars: Lori Cardille, Terry Alexander, Joseph Pilato

Available On: Hulu, Fubo, Peacock, The Roku Channel

Available From: 3/25 - 4/7

this is the best of the dead movies

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Bicyclops posted:

bubby is the 1002nd movie

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky

so much god drat fun lmao. all the ultraviolence and gore is incredible, the dummies kick rear end, the stupid dub is so fun. they clearly had so much fun makin this. absolute blast. been like 15 years since th last time i saw it and it hasnt aged a day. incredible fun flick. no real depth to it obviously but honestly who cares when this much insane poo poo is on screen.

★★★ ½

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

quote:

Another scene includes the warden's graphic death...In that scene, so much fake blood was used that Fan Siu-wong could not wash the blood off his skin for three days.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

I got the tude now posted:

My man

copy
Jul 26, 2007

i remember watching this on tv as a kid. formative zombie film

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
never seen it but ive seen the one at the house and the one at the mall

:sss:da peace thread:coolslime:
optional and/or mandatory easy listening for peace thread lurking and/or psoiting

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

I got the tude now posted:

i said this exact phrase last week

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Bad Boy Bubby: 3/5

An absurd, darkly funny, often tough to watch, but eventually affecting movie. There was a lot of room to gently caress up what they were attempting but it works, and in particular I thought what the band ends up becoming was a great marker for Bubby’s journey. In conclusion,

trying to jack off posted:

i forgot to mention my ex absolutely wanted to have sex during this movie, please keep that in mind for any further watches/rewatches lmfao

Lmfao.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Leadthumb posted:

lol jesus

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Bad Boy bubby: i laughed more than once and also still feel a little nauseous lol. absolutely disturbing poo poo, but incredibly moving film. clearly artistically a good movie, and also everybody involved in making it should be in jail. 4/5

copy
Jul 26, 2007

excellent complicated pick, ttjo

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I wish all the cats in Australia the best of luck

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

copy posted:

excellent complicated pick, ttjo

:tipshat:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im glad people either enjoyed this film, or were absolutely horrified but unable to deny it. i knew picking a film about child abuse isnt going to be popular with everyone

please watch charlie's country after this sometime. its another of rolf de heers films, but its a poignant tale of a man trying to find his place in society and wont make you want to spew like this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky

yeah, even not knowing anything ab it going in, it was obvious 10 minutes in or so that it was adapting a manga
idk man, all i could think of while watching this was "the manga is probably p cool"
just doesnt translate to me like this
2/5

thanks for the epic sig el spider