Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Winklebottom posted:

rubber squig dice best dice

I might be getting into AoS after the summer, i want to build a Gloomspite Gitz army, and i will be exclusively be using the rubber squig dice for it.

Remember, games are meant for fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Those dices are also long since OoP though. I've got no idea about ebay prices for them but they might be novelty item high.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
They are, and I've heard some bad reviews on the quality. Shedding and cracking after the first game.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Cooked Auto posted:

Those dices are also long since OoP though. I've got no idea about ebay prices for them but they might be novelty item high.

Ill probably buy a cheap red rubber dice then lol

The prices on ebay are over 112 dollars, crazy!

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

My bases got delivered! Now I can finish my Dunecrawler.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Al-Saqr posted:

Ill probably buy a cheap red rubber dice then lol

The prices on ebay are over 112 dollars, crazy!

One neat trick is to buy a set and partition it out since most people would be happy with 1-2 novelty dice.

112 for 20 dice works out at a little over 5 bux each. You can probably resell them for :10bux: each to cover your cost and still have a small herd of bouncy dice for your own use.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
i use old dice looted from old dead board games and the lost dice bucket at game stores

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I still have an old-rear end 2nd edition dice cube that came with the scatter dice. Used it in a D&D game recently.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I picked up one of those old Apocalypse dice cubes years back that had a whole bunch of black/red D6s.
Never got to use them all that much since I quickly lost interest in actually playing the game. :v:

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

They are, and I've heard some bad reviews on the quality. Shedding and cracking after the first game.

Yep, the paint comes off easily as shown in this Snipe and Wib vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilmdkyoSi2Y

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

BizarroAzrael posted:

Six should read "gently caress you" obviously.

haha someone actually did what you said but for D20's

https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/140...ion0=3257224550

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Al-Saqr posted:

haha someone actually did what you said but for D20's

https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/140...ion0=3257224550

Huh, well, got my wife's birthday present sorted then. Thanks!

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Winklebottom posted:

rubber squig dice best dice

I have such a strong urge to chomp down on these

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

they make for decent miniatures too

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
I love that they look like the thwomps from mario

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Converted up some Death Company, can't wait for them to be nuked from orbit by the codex

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Re: dice chat, my brain doesn’t translate pips well for some reason, so I have to use Arabic numeral dice.

I also have trouble with the marks on my “nice watch” and mostly wear my digital Timex

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Professor Shark posted:

Re: dice chat, my brain doesn’t translate pips well for some reason, so I have to use Arabic numeral dice.

I also have trouble with the marks on my “nice watch” and mostly wear my digital Timex

I wear my giant casio calculator remote control watch to even the finest events haters can hate.

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

Professor Shark posted:

If it helps, one trick to wearing analog-style timepieces is to focus on the position of the arms rather than what they are pointing at. Glance at it and take a moment to consider what the orientation means. Allow yourself to be imprecise, and read the watch in 15 minute segments. 🕓🕦

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Kaal posted:

If it helps, one trick to wearing analog-style timepieces is to focus on the position of the arms rather than what they are pointing at. Glance at it and take a moment to consider what the orientation means. Allow yourself to be imprecise, and read the watch in 15 minute segments. 🕓🕦

Analogue watches tell you what the time isn't

Triple-Kan
Dec 29, 2008
Do we know anything about the upcoming Orks codex? I was looking at 9ths and while I'm not big on the Beastsnaggas (except the Kill Rig, that whips rear end) I love all the Ork cars that must have appeared in like 8th or something, I dunno, I haven't paid attention to 40k since the times when you had to roll on a table to see whether your attacks against vehicles shook up the crew or cooked off the ammo stores or whathaveyou. I remember working at a hobby store when aircraft were introduced and thinking they didn't belong, and that they were better represented by something like what stratagems are. Also, stratagems! Those are cool. Good job GW.

Anyway, Orks. Whats the word?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Tau Empire Codex just came out, or leaked, whatever, and the adepticon stream teased the traitor legions Codex.

Going to have to wait a few weeks for orks.

protomexican
May 1, 2009
Pure speculation, but the Ork archetypes that pop into my head are:

Green tide - just masses of green bodies
Speedwaaagh! - Bikes, Buggies, Battlewagons
Dredd mob - all the various walkers, possibly Bad Moonz themed
Snaggas & Squigs
Kommandos w/ fall back and shoot & redeployment shenanigans

I don't think the detachments they come up with for the codex will stray too far from the list above.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

You can break some of those up or mix them together.

Vehicles and walkers together.

One big waagh list of all the clans.

One list focusing on characters/bosses attached to boyz squads like the necron court one.

There's some room to move past the well known main archetypes.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Weird Squad

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.
Freebooterz has also been an up and comer. They’ve got a clear identity even though they’re basically the “kitchen sink” of orcs.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I'd imagine with the big mek being the new character there's definitely a mek detachment, but I would like to know when they're updating the rest of the core models like the nobz.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

given that the new box includes a stompa, “dred mob” is basically a given

Triple-Kan
Dec 29, 2008

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

given that the new box includes a stompa, “dred mob” is basically a given

A stompa?? I thought those were Titans.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Stompas are more like knight sized, Gargants are the titan size ones.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

protomexican posted:

Pure speculation, but the Ork archetypes that pop into my head are:

Green tide - just masses of green bodies
Speedwaaagh! - Bikes, Buggies, Battlewagons
Dredd mob - all the various walkers, possibly Bad Moonz themed
Snaggas & Squigs
Kommandos w/ fall back and shoot & redeployment shenanigans

I don't think the detachments they come up with for the codex will stray too far from the list above.

With each one implicitly associated with the old clans - Goff infantry tide, Evil Sunz light vehicles, Bad Moon armour and heavy vehicles, Snakebite squigs, grots etc, Blood Axe with infiltration and deception and Deathskull ranged focus. That seems like really good coverage without needing to get imaginative.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

Well, i've gone ahead and made the necessary purchases to get my dudes up to a 2000 point cohort cybernetica army

despite the cost of admech models, this was much cheaper than building a different army from scratch. unless i had picked custodes, which hilariously costs less to max out (if you buy the combat patrol box twice and add a few things to it) than it does to buy ~750 points of assorted admech

but anyway, i've committed myself to building at least three more ironstriders. honestly a great sculpt but i kind of wish they had fewer extremely breakable antennas and other tiny protruding bits

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007
I really hope they do get some sort of “kunnin” detachment. Love the blood axes and my ork army I started collecting last year is supposed to be a blood axe army.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
Will the new chaos battle Force boxes come with the new codex or is that reserved for army release boxes like the death wing and kroot?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
it doesn't seem like it

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Could've sworn they said that you'll get the codex via either of the boxes on the stream.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

They mentioned in the pre-orders article that there's a battle report for the new Night Lords and Drukhari kill teams on Warhammer+ so I'd expect to see them up for pre-order in the next couple of cycles (and it's about time given the Night Lords half was shown off in November last year).

a pale ghost
Dec 31, 2008

What's a good free army builder?

Also is there somewhere to read about army balance and such for a returning player?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

a pale ghost posted:

What's a good free army builder?

Also is there somewhere to read about army balance and such for a returning player?
New Recruit. It's not super slick, but the printout with all your army rules is extremely good.