Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

Inb4 Larian makes a Pathfinder game

I could see it. Owlcat has said they’re not interested in making PF2 games (probably because they’re strange people who actually like designing games around 3.X charop), so why shouldn’t Larian step in to do it instead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Silver2195 posted:

I could see it. Owlcat has said they’re not interested in making PF2 games (probably because they’re strange people who actually like designing games around 3.X charop), so why shouldn’t Larian step in to do it instead?

There could be a thousand reasons, really. Although a huge lol if Larian does end up making a PF2e CRPG. I would quite possibly die from sheer bliss if that happens.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Rifts. Do Rifts. Avenge Promise of Power. Lemme shoot up non-40k skull Nazis and recruit a Glitter Boy just to leave him in camp because the Rahu-Man Technowizard is hotter.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
Yeah, that's a company that you 5,000% want to have a business relationship with.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Halloween Jack posted:

Yeah, that's a company that you 5,000% want to have a business relationship with.

Just buy it, honestly. Simbieda had said he'd sell it before. Rounding error amount of BG3 money.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

It's time for Larian to move on from medieval fantasy and make a LANCER crpg

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

Wow yeah this would rule.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Dexo posted:

It's very funny Larian is framing it that way, when I'm willing to bet almost anything it is talks breaking down with WotC over money such as cost and how much WotC rent seeks.

"We can give you until 2026 to put it out, how's that?"

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

not enough people want to gently caress mechas for this to be interesting for Larian

anyway do ICON instead

Megazver fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Mar 22, 2024

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

Megazver posted:

not enough people want to gently caress mechas for this to be interesting for them

isn't there an upgrade to have an extra person in your mech? the sex scenes write themselves

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

There's already a LANCER video game being made.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wickworks/lancer-tactics/

It's not an official game, but it's done under the license

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

isn't there an upgrade to have an extra person in your mech? the sex scenes write themselves

We do NOT need a Darling in the Franxx video game, i don't care if it's done by Larian.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

larian are going to make a shadowrun game next, condemning a whole new generation of people to trying to play shadowrun

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
As long as it's Shadowrun 3e, I'm fine with it.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

ItohRespectArmy posted:

larian are going to make a shadowrun game next, condemning a whole new generation of people to trying to play shadowrun

Let’s hope it goes better than the last time a highly regarded Euro dev jumped from epic fantasy to an 80s cyberpunk property

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

You're right and you should say it.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Let’s hope it goes better than the last time a highly regarded Euro dev jumped from epic fantasy to an 80s cyberpunk property

that turned out pretty well, in the end!

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Xelkelvos posted:

Inb4 Larian makes a Pathfinder game

God, if only. There was a big push for everyone to switch to Pathfinder after the OGL debacle that died as soon as BG3 dropped, so this would be huge

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

Megazver posted:

I must admit while I have enjoyed a few of Larian's pre-BG3 games, I enjoyed BG3's 5E implementation more than the mechanics in DOS1&2 and Divinity games' worldbuilding and storytelling has always felt like a slurry of generic videogame-y fantasy bullshit. I just went to their wiki to refresh myself on the plots of the games I've played and Larian please just start a new IP or license something actually good again, please.

Subjunctive posted:

I don’t know if Larian can actually build a good world, but they certainly have the resources now to try a bunch of stuff and render that world with exceptionally high fidelity once they settle on one they like.

These posts are where I'm at on it. Divinity's mechanics were neat, but the writing in those games turned me off so hard that I refused to believe BG3 could be good until it became clear that they had actually taken the world they were working with seriously. I'm happy for Larian to escape what is very likely a toxic relationship with WotC, but I can't help but think that Larian was restrained by working in the Forgotten Realms and with a third party that could lasso them away from more panty jokes, and that was probably good for the finished product. Whatever they make next is going to be Maximum Larian, unconstrained, and I am certain it's going to be winking at the audience constantly.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Larian’s Tactics Ogre.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
All these other licenses are small fry, obviously they're going to want something even bigger than D&D

Larian's MERP

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Larian's Chrono Trigger 2. Robo will say gently caress.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Megazver posted:

not enough people want to gently caress mechas for this to be interesting for Larian

everyone in LANCERcord is either horny for NHPs or horny for Egregorians, it's fine

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Megazver posted:

anyway do ICON instead

Yeah man no one likes the heroic pilots of machines serving as metaphor for the expressed modified body to hook up. Now to take a huge drink of water and read about the history of robot anime...

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Larian will pair up with critical role or something crazy IMO

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Big splash for WHFRP. You appear briefly to have Astarion in your party again, but he is revealed to be Mannfred

Warthur
May 2, 2004

RuneQuest with a romanceable duck companion.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

w00tmonger posted:

It would be kinda funny if they made an Exandria game using Daggerheart next. Just imagine the sheer levels of Hasbro exec butthurt.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

w00tmonger posted:

this would be very funny

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Nessus posted:

Big splash for WHFRP. You appear briefly to have Astarion in your party again, but he is revealed to be Mannfred

I mean, is there anywhere to go but up with that guy? :v:

For me, the dream Larian licence would actually be Infinity (just so I can actually play a Muslim), and if they're going original IP, which I hope they are, then some sci-fi thing would be great.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

w00tmonger posted:

Don’t you speak that evil into the world, w00tmonger, don’t you do it

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Kestral posted:

Don’t you speak that evil into the world, w00tmonger, don’t you do it

you're right, an Adventure Zone game would be much better

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

w00tmonger posted:

Bold of Larian to go and make Pillars of Eternity 3

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Megazver posted:

I can tell you with some authority that this is not even remotely close to true.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Hell yeah.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Lancer would be best. A WFRP game would also be great!

I'd also really rate an Imperium Maledictum game

Josef bugman fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Mar 23, 2024

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

I wanted a Shadowrun game, till Runequest was raised as an option.

That would be awesome.

I will settle for a WFRP game as well.

In fact, make all of those please.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Given how free GW is with giving out WH licenses, I am surprised we didn't get any WFRP crpgs yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

I could see Larian getting the rights to Shadowrun and all the money Larry Coleman has on him in exchange for Larian writing a functional and edited Shadowrun 7e that Catalyst can print immediately.

In fact, don't worry about the editing! The fans won't notice the difference.