Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Intruder posted:

he used the term "in the sport" and bauer is not in the sport at the moment!
Why is reading so difficult??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Intruder posted:

Glad he's doing well. also not gonna lie I thought that was Michael Keaton at first

He really is Keatonesque! Glad things are going well for him. His statue is gonna be great

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

bawfuls posted:

Why is reading so difficult??

relax

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Shohei and Ippei were online making sports bets and I saw one of the sports bets and the sports bet looked at me!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The sports bet looked at you?

e: Sarah, get me Commissioner Manfred. Thank you Sarah.

Intruder fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Mar 23, 2024

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Pitching Ninja dog piling.

https://twitter.com/JoeyVotto/status/1771293272972894623?t=RDdxnR8-gMdw4S00vsvleQ&s=19

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

When do we get entire games broadcast from that angle anyway

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Intruder posted:

When do we get entire games broadcast from that angle anyway

Every so often we get it for pitches during games and it is an awful viewing experience

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Poque posted:

Every so often we get it for pitches during games and it is an awful viewing experience

I don't want it for live action, but I definitely want to see it more in replays. Give me the CF camera and then let the broadcast show me just how nasty that pitch/take/swing was, after the fact.

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
As penance for his gambling sins, Shohei Ohtani should have to pitch for my team specifically for the forseeable future.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I like the ump view for replays except when there's a nasty breaking ball and I have flashbacks to when I was in the box for the first time against a kid who could throw a slider and I realized that everything I knew to that point was gone forever but they hit me with the next pitch and getting on base is getting on base. Wow, this game, so many life lessons.

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

maffew buildings posted:

I like the ump view for replays except when there's a nasty breaking ball and I have flashbacks to when I was in the box for the first time against a kid who could throw a slider and I realized that everything I knew to that point was gone forever but they hit me with the next pitch and getting on base is getting on base. Wow, this game, so many life lessons.

I learned not to play softball when my brother hit me with a ball while I was helping him practice pitching, lol. Soccer balls hurt way less.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://x.com/mlbtraderumors/status/1771603054879535206?s=46&t=EhzTvpa5Lh8bIAryRijIPQ

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Rodon got rocked today. Monty is getting into the price range that the Yankees really should find a way to do it.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
They should have been in on him all along

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Nodoze posted:

They should have been in on him all along

Cortes being terrible and Rodon being very unreliable have really brought it to the fore.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Insane to me that we are about to start the season with Montgomery unsigned. There are several teams that could use him considering their own injury problems. Astros and Yankees alone should be in.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

Insane to me that we are about to start the season with Montgomery unsigned. There are several teams that could use him considering their own injury problems. Astros and Yankees alone should be in.

His agent completely hosed him and as I said before, it's going to materially damage his career.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I saw something that at this point Montgomery is intentionally waiting out the start of the season because as long as he signs after one regular season game is played, he's no longer attached to losing a draft pick from the QO. The union really dropped the ball in not fighting harder to get that poo poo eliminated in the last CBA.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

mcmagic posted:

His agent completely hosed him and as I said before, it's going to materially damage his career.

If Rodon really wanted to sign he could, Boras isn't holding him hostage.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

It's really only the Yankees at this point. Dana Brown has basically said he is happy with the Astros rotation.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

maffew buildings posted:

Yeah that was my last year in ball too. I had a great glove and I could have kept playing but I understood that I would never be a hitter.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

That’s not Michael Keaton?

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Edit: I can't read

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

maffew buildings posted:

My older brothers and their little league teams "prepped" me for my first kid pitch season and they all agreed that what I really needed to do was crowd the plate. So like every idiot little brother, I did. Second pitch I got beaned in the helmet and when I talked to them after the game they defended themselves with, "hey, you got on base, right!?"

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Good riddance. I’ll give him that the early years were good, he never sold the naming rights to the best park in the league, and he was about as pro-labor as an owner could be - which is still next to nothing. He ponied up to keep Chris Davis when he was absolutely mashing and, as I understand, allowed to take his adderall. Dude sounded like a real poo poo stain and he was probably worse than I realized, but it’s easy to not seem so bad when Dan Snyder is your neighbor.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Mister Perky posted:

or as he will be known from now on, Shoeless Sho

really hope this catches on

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004
Ohtani did 9/11

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

abuse culture. posted:

Ohtani did 9/11

With payout ratios that bad it's a wonder he racked such a high debt.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

https://twitter.com/masnRoch/status/1771656856517177460?t=biagTiwwl3vPBhjVVA7ovA&s=19

Rest in piss

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Komet posted:

Rest in piss

For real. Stoke the fuckin' fires.

Sydin posted:

I saw something that at this point Montgomery is intentionally waiting out the start of the season because as long as he signs after one regular season game is played, he's no longer attached to losing a draft pick from the QO. The union really dropped the ball in not fighting harder to get that poo poo eliminated in the last CBA.

Yeah I was wondering about that too--it's possible a deal with some team is pretty much done but just not going to be signed until March 28.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7pz7CqWTMs

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Eric the Mauve posted:

For real. Stoke the fuckin' fires.

Yeah I was wondering about that too--it's possible a deal with some team is pretty much done but just not going to be signed until March 28.

As stated above, he has no QO to worry about.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

So this means the new owners take 100% control and the Angelos family is out, right?

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

I read something this past summer about a sale after his death not being that cut and dry because of his wife Georgia, but there was so much speculation going around about a sale that it could have been bullshit.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Apparently the new owners will have control in a few weeks

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

As stated above, he has no QO to worry about.
Which is why his new team would be able to tag him with a QO if he signs a one year deal now. But if he waits till the season starts then they could not.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

The Ippei thing is even weirder now that it looks like he made up his media guide biography. He claimed he worked with Okajima and the Red Sox, but the years don’t match up, Okajima already had an interpreter, and Boston says they never heard of him.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I can't believe George Santos didn't actually translate for Ohtani...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Luigi Thirty posted:

The Ippei thing is even weirder now that it looks like he made up his media guide biography. He claimed he worked with Okajima and the Red Sox, but the years don’t match up, Okajima already had an interpreter, and Boston says they never heard of him.
Well now I'm sympathetic cause I've never actually done that but I've always wanted to