Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

BrigadierSensible posted:

If I am to believe Leonard Cohen, (and I have no reason not to), then I can be assured that Jesus was a sailor, when he walked upon the water.

Checkmate Athetits.

So when I walk upon the pavement, am I a lorry driver????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

BrigadierSensible posted:

If I am to believe Leonard Cohen, (and I have no reason not to), then I can be assured that Jesus was a sailor, when he walked upon the water.

Checkmate Athetits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCFkjfDocLo

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

IshmaelZarkov posted:

It was twenty odd years ago, and I've long forgotten the title. In a way I kinda don't want to look it up in case it was just a dream I had. I want it to be real so badly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEWxrDkNAU8

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
https://twitter.com/ronfilipkowski/status/1771873681473409130?s=46&t=G1x8XWIwrNxUQoXItlkh2w

You have a drug addiction centre? You? Mike Lindell? :allears:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Clients are expected to hand over any drugs they have. Personally to Mike.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Beefed Owl posted:

They didn't even say that he was a good carpenter imagine getting your flooring hosed up by the Messiah

Pretty sure he could’ve just done a sneaky miracle to fix it. If anything he should’ve been a suspiciously good carpenter. :ninja:

“Excuse me, Mr Christ, sir, but I’m going to have to ask for a refund. That door you fitted just doesn’t close properly.”
“Um, are you quite sure? [snaps fingers] Just give it another try.”
“Oh wow, it’s perfect! I’m very sorry, I must have been mistaken.”

Stoatbringer fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Mar 24, 2024

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

kazil posted:

To be fair it doesn't say it exists to /cure/ addiction.

DemihumanResources
Apr 16, 2019

Just let me frob some dang bits already

replace "drug addiction center" with "trap house", "counseling" with "incoherent ranting", and "stressed out about the border" with "looking for racist affirmation" and it makes more sense

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

Jesus was such a good carpenter that he even insulated his stairs.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

“Honey, I need to go to drug counselling.”
“Oh no, it’s not the cocaine again, is it?”
“Worse. Much worse. I’m stressed about the southern border crisis.”
“Oh poo poo! I’ll call the Lindell Clinic emergency line. Here, hug this pillow until they arrive.”

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

I can counsel these people too, and I’ll give them much better advice (and for free!):

Stop watching Fox News.

I can guarantee you will be far happier and more well-adjusted afterwards. You might even be able to salvage your relationship with your estranged children and grandchildren.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Almost Smart posted:

I can counsel these people too, and I’ll give them much better advice (and for free!):

Stop watching Fox News.

I can guarantee you will be far happier and more well-adjusted afterwards. You might even be able to salvage your relationship with your estranged children and grandchildren.

They’re watching OAN

DemihumanResources
Apr 16, 2019

There is some timeline where:

Letitia James seizes his jet

Jet goes to auction and is bought by a terrorist front

Terrorists fly fully branded jet into trump tower

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Regalingualius posted:

They’re watching OAN

Fox News went woke

TenTonHammer
Oct 3, 2003
Davidian

:dukedog:

kazil posted:

Fox News went woke

But when do they "go broke"?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Snorting massive mounds of coke because I fear MS-13 is crossing the border with illegal drugs

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Go right for the jugular

Seize Mar-a-lardo

Make him have a loving heart attack from non-stop tweeting rage

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
*yawn* Morning, thread.

JeffLeonard
Apr 18, 2003

TV Violence

Almost Smart posted:

Stop watching Fox News.

loving Agreed!

We went out to dinner with friends to a really small, sorta dive-ish italian joint this weekend. They had Newsmax running on 2 TVs and I was absolutely blown away at the level of mind control bullshit that I saw. I don't have cable TV, so this was my first exposure to this poo poo outside of this thread.

:wtf:

It's just absolute insanity.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

DemihumanResources posted:

There is some timeline where:

Letitia James seizes his jet

Jet goes to auction and is bought by a terrorist front

Terrorists fly fully branded jet into trump tower

Depends. Russian terrorists for maximum irony or ISIS?

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
move RNC headquarters to Mar-a-lardo

Dems are trying to take the entire RNC!!!!

DemihumanResources
Apr 16, 2019

notwithoutmyanus posted:

Depends. Russian terrorists for maximum irony or ISIS?

depends on the quantum branch? It could be a rogue girl scout troop

Has there been any speculation on how many of his properties would need to be sold? Everything's so leveraged I assume he just has some partial equity he'd get to claim? If they go for firesale prices and don't get a profit what happens?

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Samovar posted:

That's really interesting.

When I was younger, I know I was ambivalent to the idea of Christ being an actual, historical person because of all the associated supernatural stories about him, right up until it was pointed out that one of the ways we can be certain Christ was real is because one of the stories about him in the Bible is almost certainly false - namely the reasons given for Mary and Joseph to be in Bethlehem for his birth. There would have been no legal impetus for them to have to be there for registration of any form of census. BUT when one notes that the old Jewish legend about the messiah states that he was supposed to be born in Bethlehem, it makes more sense that it was a piece of propaganda to excuse the fact that Jesus actually just came from Nazareth in the first place.

You might find this book interesting: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus:_Apocalyptic_Prophet_of_the_New_Millennium

It's a summary of the study of "historical Jesus," which tries to tease out what Jesus actually said and did vs what's been attributed to him after the fact. It's basically full of stuff like you just described. The short summary is that Jesus was likely a apocalyptic prophet who thought the world was about to end imminently with God returning to smite the wicked, which was not an uncommon belief in 1st century Palestine.

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Have you ever heard of a cult leader was not some kind of narcissist con-man/sex-pest that abused their followers?

especially after meeting a couple cult leader wannabe sexpests irl this always comes to mind thinking about Christianity. If any creep cultleader got rolled into a big religion that grew through the ages theyd be written as a benevolent hero. Lol the book about L ron's life comes to mind

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

It's funny because treatment centers for people obsessed with random news cycle BS is actually a good idea. Problem is, his treatment is probably that insisting it's a real problem and that president Trump will napalm the columns of illegal immigrants streaming over the border when he wins all 50 states in November, they just need to hold on until the final victory.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Neon Noodle posted:

The gospel of Mark is very much like this, the disciples in that one are pretty much idiots and JC is speaking to the reader

i seem to recall another ancient greek dude saying he chose animal stories because the lcd avg. person is dumb as gently caress.

oh also animal stories and the lesson being outright stated.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Lol Donald Trump doesn't have any money

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Is there open carry allowed at the meetings for people scared of everything they see on right wing media?

zone
Dec 6, 2016

kazil posted:

Is there open carry allowed at the meetings for people scared of everything they see on right wing media?

They banned open carrying at every event Trpum attended. So much for are freedumbs.

Gaukler
Oct 9, 2012

SRQ posted:

https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...k&ICID=ref_fark

hahah yes, yessss

please god I hope all of the DNC messaging this time is just these two things:
We actually do stuff, they don't.
Don is a broke moron that's pissed away more money than any of us will ever see, and literally exists as a net negative financially.

:sickos:

Also lol, fark link spotted

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø

Luxury addiction centers are pretty good grifts so it tracks.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

lol better pay up by tomorrow Don

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

kazil posted:

NO FRAUD NO FRAUD YOU'RE THE FRAUD

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

kazil posted:

I DIDN'T DO FRAUD, YOU DID FRAUD!! YOU HAVE TO PAY ME!!

5er
Jun 1, 2000

kazil posted:

Lindell's 'drug addiction center' is wherever he's happening to do his coke.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

kazil posted:

Pay up pauper lmfao

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

*yawn* Morning, thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU