Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
abetz is probably going to be premier within a few years and it will last like a week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Captain Theron posted:

God I haven't missed Abetz, he's such a slimy fucker.

You only miss a nazi if the fucker ducks.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
that is an extremely (well) hung parliament

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
It's very funny that apparently Labor would simply lose rather than negotiate with a minority government in a democratic manner

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

All this crossbench stuff is too hard

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Parliamentary system? But I thought we were like the US.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

It's very funny that apparently Labor would simply lose rather than negotiate with a minority government in a democratic manner

Centrists picking right wing dominance over making concessions to the left? Say it ain't so!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i dont think labor would have the numbers even if they weren't big babies about the whole thing.

one of the independents they would need is their former leader that they kicked out of the party for sexual harassment.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
As soon as Labor ally with the greens in a formal relationship it's over for them imo. There's still heaps of "centrist" Labor people that would just flip to the libs or a teals type option if the ALP joined with the loony left.

Also internally the ALP's absolutely rabid hatred of the greens would make it a non starter. They'd reestablish the DLP it would own and be really funny tbh.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

noice

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

lmao

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
While all the above is probably true. There is also the real politic of wanting the minority government to be a complete poo poo show disaster so they can walk into the next election looking smug.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Cartoon posted:

While all the above is probably true. There is also the real politic of wanting the minority government to be a complete poo poo show disaster so they can walk into the next election looking smug.

Isn’t that what the last few years have been?

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Never said they were smart. Also 'tested strategy'.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Guardian AU posted:

Nineteen people were arrested at a pro-Palestine protest at Port Botany in Sydney on Sunday night.

Protesters, including members of the Maritime Union of Australia, were demonstrating against the Israel-owned ZIM shipping company. Among those arrested was MUA’s Sydney branch secretary, Paul Keating, New South Wales police confirmed. Police said they had responded to an unauthorised protest at 6.50pm on Sunday.

Police alleged the group had moved to Penrhyn Road which leads to the Patrick Terminals facility on the dock, “blocking the roadway and access to the port”, about 9.30pm. They were directed to move but police said some had not complied and were arrested for disobeying police direction. The 19 people arrested were taken to Surry Hills police station.

They were all charged with obstructing a driver/other pedestrian’s path, failing to comply with a move along direction, and remaining near/on a major facility and causing serious disruption. They were issued with a field court attendance notice to appear at Downing Centre local court on 8 May.

Unionists for Palestine said members of the MUA Sydney branch had been arrested as part of the demonstration, including Keating. MUA Sydney has been contacted for comment. Keating had previously urged the federal and state governments to call for a permanent ceasefire in Gaza, and for sanctions to be placed on Israel.

Good on them.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

hooman posted:

Good on them.

A comrade of mine got roughed up by the cops at that protest, they are feeling a bit sore but otherwise they are ok and unharmed.

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

Waiter, there's a fly in my shoe!

hooman posted:

Guardian AU posted:

They were all charged with obstructing a driver/other pedestrian’s path, failing to comply with a move along direction, and remaining near/on a major facility and causing serious disruption.

aka successfully protesting?

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
surely keating would be able to get a boat blown up

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Can we build a highspeed underwater bike path between mainland oz & tasmania, like that train that connects the uk & europe

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

ShoeFly posted:

aka successfully protesting?

It's illegal to successfully protest.

edit: LMFAO

Guardian AU posted:

NSW police officers at pro-Palestine rally allegedly wore badges associated with rightwing extremism

“Several officers were observed wearing thin blue line patches, an iconography associated with fascist movements,” a spokesperson for Legal Observers NSW said on Monday. “Many of these officers were the most aggressive with protestors.”

loving god drat pigs man.

hooman fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Mar 25, 2024

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Non Compos Mentis posted:

surely keating would be able to get a boat blown up

Someone call France.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Labor are owning the immigrants again.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
And caving to 4wd owners

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

JBP posted:

Labor are owning the immigrants again.

Guardian AU posted:

Hundreds of immigration detainees and unlawful non-citizens are being threatened with a minimum of one year in prison if they refuse to cooperate with efforts to deport them, under an urgent Labor bill to be introduced on Tuesday.

The bill requires non-citizens “to cooperate in efforts to ensure their prompt and lawful removal”, creating criminal penalties that could apply to a class of asylum seekers that includes two plaintiffs before the high court challenging the legality of the detention of people who refuse to cooperate with deportation.

On Tuesday the immigration minister, Andrew Giles, introduced the Migration Amendment (removals and other measures) bill, which gives him the power to direct a non-citizen who is due to be deported “to do specified things necessary to facilitate their removal”.

Phew, good thing Labor caved to increasing violence against refugees yet again, this surely won't be a ratchet this time!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

hooman posted:

Phew, good thing Labor caved to increasing violence against refugees yet again, this surely won't be a ratchet this time!

It's because they're about to get owned by the high court again. Then they'll probably get owned by the high court on the new legislation as well lmao.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Wish Labor would stop trying to involve us in their humiliation kink.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

JBP posted:

It's because they're about to get owned by the high court again. Then they'll probably get owned by the high court on the new legislation as well lmao.

Hah, good, I hope they do.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

lol

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

It will be less funny when the libs win in a landslide because they're the only ones that can stop the hordes of immigrants driving up house prices, taking our jobs and committing youth crimes

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

yeah, but that's more a result of labor being just as eager to play in the gutter, than being unfairly maligned or whatever.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Good news for anyone who thought the disinformation article was too long to read and suggested an audio version, it’s now in podcast form. This episode skips the ancient history stuff and gets right into who started pizzagate etc.

https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/the-dirt-unit/id1701913743?i=1000649956511

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

hambeet posted:

yeah, but that's more a result of labor being just as eager to play in the gutter, than being unfairly maligned or whatever.

I think the electorate might be a bit racist

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

JBP posted:

I feel that's because the racism dial keeps getting turned up to distract from the actual causes of problems within our society.

It's not single mums on welfare or dole bludgers either.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

hooman posted:

I feel that's because the racism dial keeps getting turned up to distract from the actual causes of problems within our society.

It's not single mums on welfare or dole bludgers either.
Well what else could it possibly be?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

JBP posted:

I prefer the term progressive.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Eediot Jedi posted:

Wish Labor would stop trying to involve us in their humiliation kink.

no pantsu! why kinkshame?

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

Bucky Fullminster posted:

Good news for anyone who thought the disinformation article was too long to read and suggested an audio version, it’s now in podcast form. This episode skips the ancient history stuff and gets right into who started pizzagate etc.

https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/the-dirt-unit/id1701913743?i=1000649956511

thank you, this is much easier not to consume

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
i'm impressed how you managed to fit so many images into audio format