Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Huh, helldivers.io is spreading undemocratic conspiracy theories now about who we're currently defending Mantes from :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

If I collect a resource that I'm capped out on, the rest of the squad still gets it, right?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Hwurmp posted:

If I collect a resource that I'm capped out on, the rest of the squad still gets it, right?

I got my supers when the person holding them on extraction was maxed out, yeah.

E: I want a way to sell/break down rare samples into common ones.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

DEMOCRACY

That is all

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

AtomikKrab posted:

DEMOCRACY

That is all

:hmmorks:

For those of you running backpack grenade launcher, how do you deal with chargers? Is the GL good against them?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Never leave home without your EAT 17's

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Mesadoram posted:

:hmmorks:

For those of you running backpack grenade launcher, how do you deal with chargers? Is the GL good against them?

Not really. Even when I brought that combo I still brought EATs too. If you're better at it than I am you could probably bounce the grenades under the charger, but that didn't work so well for me.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Never leave home without your EAT 17's

EAT is so good. My friends brought me to my first level 7 and the EAT saved our rear end so many times.

Ravenfood posted:

Not really. Even when I brought that combo I still brought EATs too. If you're better at it than I am you could probably bounce the grenades under the charger, but that didn't work so well for me.

That makes sense. Kinda sucks you need to dedicated another spot to charger removal, but it is also super useful for spores and birds nest too.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Mesadoram posted:

EAT is so good. My friends brought me to my first level 7 and the EAT saved our rear end so many times.

That makes sense. Kinda sucks you need to dedicated another spot to charger removal, but it is also super useful for spores and birds nest too.

Shooting their rear end works fairly well, eventually you can sort of bounce shots into the underside of it. Its just not as fast as an EAT to the face.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Mesadoram posted:

Maybe I haven't run into the right team but the only reason I wouldn't bring EATs is if the other three players all brought EATs, 500kgs, and orbital railcannon or something similarly loaded for heavy targets only.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I love guys who bring EATS and just drop them every single time they are cooled down regardless. So many times just having a random drop of them backtracking to exfil or whatever has saved our asses.

One satisfying (but obviously not the most efficient) way to take care of chargers is to stick them with a reinforce. Revenge from beyond the grave!

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
i dive in a recoilless rifle with my wife

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

i dive in a recoilless rifle with my wife

*sexy wifey voice*

performing a team reload

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
They really need to let you team reload without having the backpack yourself, who out there playing difficulty 9's is bringing recoilless without the ability to reload themselves and relying on that one teammate sacrificing their backpack to help you out specifically while poo poo is going sideways and people are getting ragdolled by enemies and allies to death.

The only situation I can see it is two people bringing the same weapon and just helping eachother out when poo poo gets hairy with a half dozen bile titans crawling around.

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

Owlbear Camus posted:

I love guys who bring EATS and just drop them every single time they are cooled down regardless. So many times just having a random drop of them backtracking to exfil or whatever has saved our asses.

One satisfying (but obviously not the most efficient) way to take care of chargers is to stick them with a reinforce. Revenge from beyond the grave!

I don't play much, but I read this as a tip a few days ago, and I have become this guy. Its nice to have an explosive a few seconds run away if you run into something spicy rather than have to call it down and wait in place for a few seconds until it drops.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

They really need to let you team reload without having the backpack yourself, who out there playing difficulty 9's is bringing recoilless without the ability to reload themselves and relying on that one teammate sacrificing their backpack to help you out specifically while poo poo is going sideways and people are getting ragdolled by enemies and allies to death.

The only situation I can see it is two people bringing the same weapon and just helping eachother out when poo poo gets hairy with a half dozen bile titans crawling around.

You can have one person bring the weapon and then drop a second one in later ahead of a big battle, once the cooldown has elapsed.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Yep. It comes up a lot, but this would make recoiless in particular a very appealing option.

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

I'm hoping for a general rework and then focus on Automatons soon, or the rollout of the Illuminate. There's been a ton of focus on bugs and it seems there's a bit of a story arc going on with them right now but it's wearing a little thin. I wonder if they have any kind of "boss battle" planned if we manage to push further on.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Definitely. It still wouldn't happen often but if someone had an AC or RR and I could run up and grab ammo from their back (which honestly seems faster and easier than grabbing it from mine) to reload I might actually consider it.

Probably not just because being stuck there for so long doing so seems like a death sentence unless you're sure you're protected, but maybe.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

loader wears the ammo, gunner wears a shield

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
It's a good thing this game is fun because crashing on 80% of missions is getting old as gently caress

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Sometimes you crash significantly into a mission, but sometimes you backfill right into a mission as exfil is happening and get a bunch of free samples.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
I have had less crashes since refusing to play with others using arc weapons. I think I’ve had one crash in the last couple of days, vs multiple per session.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

is it kosher to set up a dance dance revolution platform at a standing desk and map it to my stratagem input?

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Tagichatn posted:

The first game had upgrades to weapons so maybe we'll get them here too.

They datamined an attachment system but it might just be the internal system they use to make variants

Adding an attachment system seems like it’d be completely incompatible with variants as unlocks unfortunately

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

Owlbear Camus posted:

is it kosher to set up a dance dance revolution platform at a standing desk and map it to my stratagem input?

As long as you have an open mic, sure.

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

This game needs a battlefield style C4 pack

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Mesadoram posted:

2-3 shots to the butt if it ever stops will burst the charger's tail like a nursing/bile spewer. Not exactly reliable but feels good when you get it.

EATs are obviously better but generally I've been seeing at least one EAT user a team so I just bring orbital railgun to contribute against chargers and titans.

Edit: had a stalker nest full of bugged out stalkers. They kept spawning and then got stuck staring at us from over the pond in the nest map object while we loaded up some oil tankers. Of course the pond meant it was the two bughole variant so it kept spawning little pouncers and scavengers that didn't have broken pathfinding to try to trigger bug breaches on us until I went over there and shut everything down.

Alkydere fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Mar 24, 2024

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

Stalkers are more afraid of you than you are of them.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

bobtheconqueror posted:

As long as you have an open mic, sure.

Also play Butterfly over the comms when you do it

edit: when fighting shriekers

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Shooting drop ship engines with the EATs is the most satisfying thing in the game right now IMO.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

I have had less crashes since refusing to play with others using arc weapons. I think I’ve had one crash in the last couple of days, vs multiple per session.

Arc is definitely an issue but most of my crashes today haven't seemed to have anyone running it.

Last mission was like a revolving door, 10 divers came and went, then I crash while the Pelican is taking off. Fucks sake

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

BastardySkull posted:

I'm hoping for a general rework and then focus on Automatons soon, or the rollout of the Illuminate. There's been a ton of focus on bugs and it seems there's a bit of a story arc going on with them right now but it's wearing a little thin. I wonder if they have any kind of "boss battle" planned if we manage to push further on.

I've been thinking something kinda big has to happen soon because we've pushed the bots and bugs back to the rim. Whether thats and explosion of force from either of those factions, or both, or the Illuminate showing back up, who knows.

Owlbear Camus posted:

The only democractic way to do this is to live and play on the first floor.

FrancisFukyomama posted:

They datamined an attachment system but it might just be the internal system they use to make variants

Adding an attachment system seems like it’d be completely incompatible with variants as unlocks unfortunately

I could see an attachment system working for just about everything. It could be something exhaustive and require a ton of research and samples to slowly fill out but even if its just a bunch of different scopes that would be extremely welcome.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

I fell in love with the sickle (laser rifle that goes pew-pew) but then realized it was a bit silly to run it with the resupply pack: I rarely went through more than 1/3 of my heatsinks. So I went back to the Defender and have fallen in love with it all over again. Mainly because I remembered it's an SMG so I can hip fire to the side or behind me as I run.

FunkyFjord posted:

I could see an attachment system working for just about everything. It could be something exhaustive and require a ton of research and samples to slowly fill out but even if its just a bunch of different scopes that would be extremely welcome.

Yeah I don't care if I have to spend 80 common samples to get a new scope on the Lib-Pen or AMR, I absolutely would do so in a heartbeat.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

suuma posted:

Arc is definitely an issue but most of my crashes today haven't seemed to have anyone running it.

Last mission was like a revolving door, 10 divers came and went, then I crash while the Pelican is taking off. Fucks sake

The game certainly is crashy. I wonder if the revolving door was people crashing. Worth making sure graphics drivers are up to date and verify your Steam files.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Internet Explorer posted:

The game certainly is crashy. I wonder if the revolving door was people crashing. Worth making sure graphics drivers are up to date and verify your Steam files.

Yeah, I verified a week or so ago and had 3 corrupt files, the same as others have reported. Can't say if it improved stability or not.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Watch your surroundings when picking off Shriekers!

I kill one that's diving and barely survive, but kill my buddy behind me. Literally a second later our teammate splats himself the same way.

https://i.imgur.com/MiSz62j.mp4

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

Internet Explorer posted:

I'm on PS5 :v:

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Is there a secret fix to allow me to easily play with my buddies on PS5? As far as I can tell, cross-platform friend requests are completely broken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

Watch your surroundings when picking off Shriekers!

I kill one that's diving and barely survive, but kill my buddy behind me. Literally a second later our teammate splats himself the same way.

https://i.imgur.com/MiSz62j.mp4

Historically acurate