Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

We need Ring Fit 2 so bad as well.

I'm still sad they added the rather fun rhythm game in an update, but then never provided more music for it. It's a good mode, but it would really benefit from some more variety.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Really wish Ring Fit was a download instead of a cartridge game.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

otter posted:

Is that for a train sim?

Yes.

https://www.theverge.com/22628513/densha-de-go-switch-controller-review-hashirou-yamanote-sen

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Spacebump posted:

Getting up and switching the cart is part of the exercise

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Peach game looking promising

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Showtime is fun so far (though some stages are better than others)

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Stages are easy but really easy to miss collectibles in as well so good incentive to replay them. I like how the gameplay genre will really change on a whim. Like you are doing a stealth switch flipping section, then all of a sudden you are doing grapple platforming, now all of a sudden you're in a hang glider autscroller.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Steve Yun posted:

Peach game looking promising

Idgi

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
She’s using a poster of a rock to hide herself against a rock

It’s just cute and funny

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
A master of stealth

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

It's also interesting (though understandable given the general motif) that for a 3D game a large chunk of it plays like a sidescroller (I think there's only been like a a handful of areas that utilized your full range of movement).

Kind of wish there were more Mario references/enemies aside from the Yoshi Cookies in the baking stage and the piranha plant looking things in the intro stage but that's a minor complaint.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Mar 23, 2024

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I don't think that's necessarily a yoshis cookie reference, it is just a common kind of cookie

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

:pervert:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I got to the pastry chef level in Princess Peach and good lord. I did horribly at a baking minigame made for children. My cakes were terrible. I feel so embarrassed, ugh.

The rest of the levels have been great fun so far, but yeesh, the baking.

EDIT: Oh boy I just noticed the back of my Switch of bulging. It cracked the plastic on one side. Probably the battery is swelling. Oh boy. How hard is it to swap the battery on this thing, or should I send it to Nintendo? It's a launch model.

Silver Falcon fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Mar 23, 2024

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
There's so many amiibo opportunities for that game. My friend says they are "as useful as a screen door on a submarine". It's a figure of Peach

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

WHY BONER NOW posted:

There's so many amiibo opportunities for that game. My friend says they are "as useful as a screen door on a submarine". It's a figure of Peach

:moonrio::moonrio::moonrio:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Silver Falcon posted:

I got to the pastry chef level in Princess Peach and good lord. I did horribly at a baking minigame made for children. My cakes were terrible. I feel so embarrassed, ugh.

EDIT: Oh boy I just noticed the back of my Switch of bulging. It cracked the plastic on one side. Probably the battery is swelling. Oh boy. How hard is it to swap the battery on this thing, or should I send it to Nintendo? It's a launch model.

The first one’s not too bad but the other two can gently caress right off (not a big fan of the mermaid sections either)

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You didn't like the cake section and you didn't like the rhythm section?

Man, you just saying you got no taste and no rhythm

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

John Wick of Dogs posted:

You didn't like the cake section and you didn't like the rhythm section?

Man, you just saying you got no taste and no rhythm

The cookie part was fine since it’s just button mashing/timing and the rhythm game was ok once you figure out what you’re supposed to do (I've played worse examples of the genre), it was mostly the cake decorating that annoyed me as I have issues with fine motor control (though you can kind of bluff your way through it)

Also in the second and third Patisserie stages you have to do both under a time limit which can get a bit hectic

Larryb fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Mar 24, 2024

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

With the exception of Rock Band, which is an institution and fun at friends houses, I'm just not a rhythm game fan myself. I don't even like action games where you're encouraged to keep a combo going the whole time like Devil May Cry. Let me do things at my own kooky pace thank you. And If I want to look around the level for a moment or space out or something that is my gamer given right.

On battery bulge, that happened to my 2017 Mario Odyssey switch I wanna say within a year of getting it, sent it in. Probably a good idea to send it in, I'm not sure what the warranty thing is like these years later.

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Mar 24, 2024

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Larryb posted:

The cookie part was fine since it’s just button mashing/timing and the rhythm game was ok once you figure out what you’re supposed to do, it was mostly the cake decorating that annoyed me as I have issues with fine motor control (though you can kind of bluff your way through it)

Also in the second and third Patisserie stages you have to do both under a time limit which can get a bit hectic

What got me was needing to do the frosting in a specific pattern while the dang cake was rotating. It utterly killed me. My cakes were terrible!

Anyway I'll have to shelve that for awhile... the battery on my Switch is swelling so that's going to need to be replaced. I put in a repair ticket. Pain in the rear end for it to do that now! I'll have to play stuff on my Deck like a nerd while it's getting fixed.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Princess Peach failed forty cakes. And that's terrible

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

please stop playing the spicy switch immediately

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

While playing the Nintendo Switch you may notice swelling.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
In your balls.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Spacebump posted:

I've said it before but like if getting up and changing the cartridge is annoying enough for you to mention then that doesn't stand you in good stead for the following 30 minutes of exercise the game is trying to habituate you to

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Butterfly Valley posted:

I've said it before but like if getting up and changing the cartridge is annoying enough for you to mention then that doesn't stand you in good stead for the following 30 minutes of exercise the game is trying to habituate you to

drat just thinking about how jacked i could be if only i never bought digital games

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Oxyclean posted:

drat just thinking about how jacked i could be if only i never bought digital games

its true

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Just glue a case of games to the back of the Switch, everyone who's done that has ended up sane and rational.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I’m playing Princess Peach’s cake baking simulator, it’s good and cute and fun. If I were an 8-year-old girl, this would be my favorite game.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Silver Falcon posted:

Wow you baked so badly that your Switch is dying of embarrassment!

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 34 hours!
The hottest console since the Nintendo IEDS

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but, I've been looking to fixing up my old SNES for my kids to play with when they're older, but I also heard Nintendo used to sell a mini-SNES that came preloaded with 30 or so games. Do they still sell those or were they a limited quantity sort of thing? And I've seen knockoffs with way more games, are any of those actually good quality?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Crazy Joe Wilson posted:

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but, I've been looking to fixing up my old SNES for my kids to play with when they're older, but I also heard Nintendo used to sell a mini-SNES that came preloaded with 30 or so games. Do they still sell those or were they a limited quantity sort of thing? And I've seen knockoffs with way more games, are any of those actually good quality?

Nintendo stopped making those a few years ago. They were really easy to mod and add games. Have not messed around with the non-Nintendo ones but I imagine they are of varying quality.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They only made and released it one year and it was only one or two runs of production. There definitely wouldn't be any at retail anymore except for used ones.

Unfortunately this seems to be the case with a lot of the really good ones. Like the TurboGrafx 16 mini is a really amazing package with great software and emulation but also impossible to find.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
if you want a really nice one there's the analogue super NT but that's also out of production! i've got 4 of the analogue consoles and i'm extremely happy with all of them

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Red Faction Guerilla is a drat good game. It's destruction system still hasn't been matched since 2009. But the performance can get choppy when there's lots of enemies and destruction going on. But it's definitely one of the best open world games available on Switch. Smashing stuff and watching buildings topple is incredibly satisfying.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I thought I had completed Rogue Legacy 2 but turns out there is a LOT more game in NG+

Send help

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Just dropped off my Switch to get repaired (swelling battery). I'm already having withdrawal!

Fortunately the Stardew patch isn't live on consoles yet anyway, so I guess I can just play on my computer/Deck like a nerd...

Here's hoping they can get everything back to me in one piece. My saves are all backed up, but Pokemon explicitly does not do cloud backups! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Oof. I’m sure it’ll be fine. No need to prepare for a worst case scenario.