Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

They doubled down on pawns being gossipy little weirdos and I love them for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

In that video he mentions multiple of those items are easily Craftable or just purchasable in game. The biggest one, the fast travel point is harder in game but it doesnt give you the items need to fast travel to that point and you can still only have 10 active and you'll slowly get those as you need them during the game's run time anyway so you're basically paying 3 bucks to bypass maybe 10 mins of work later at a point in the game you don't need the fast travel point and probably don't want to waste in game money on the items to teleport to them.

It's all kind of pointless and a sucker's purchase, just like buying red orbs in DMC for real money.

Okay, that clarifies things.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the director of dragon's dogma 2 (and the original dragon's dogma) specifically dislikes unlimited fast travel and designed both games around somewhat limited fast travel. but lowinfo people who are easily worked up see fast travel dlc and think its a giant scam to not let them teleport everywhere 24/7.

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

John Murdoch posted:

Also your pawns comment on if you only pick dudes, ladies, or cat people. Which will and already has rattled certain people lol.

I was wondering if they did any gimmicks based on gender stuff like that ogre from the first game that is programmed to specifically hate and always target female characters in combat if possible. 2024 version seems much healthier.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

all of this is really stupid

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Famethrowa posted:

all of this is really stupid

This discussion, this thread, this forum, the Internet or the world in general?

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Fil5000 posted:

This discussion, this thread, this forum, the Internet or the world in general?

yea

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

John Murdoch posted:

Also your pawns comment on if you only pick dudes, ladies, or cat people. Which will and already has rattled certain people lol.

lol good

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if you only have dudes theyre like 'perhaps the arisen does not desire female companionship' and its led to a bunch of dudes crying IM NOT GAY I JUST DONT THINK ITS REALISTIC FOR WOMEN TO KILL DRAGONS. its ftw

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

it rules that dd2 will confirm you are gay if you select all men or all women

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Redezga posted:

I was wondering if they did any gimmicks based on gender stuff like that ogre from the first game that is programmed to specifically hate and always target female characters in combat if possible. 2024 version seems much healthier.

Yes.

In a fight with an ogre, one of the pawns said "It's perceived what it thinks is a woman! Aught nothing will assuage its wrath!" or something like that, which may allude to how you could crossdress in the first game and make the ogres think you were one or the other. Cause other ogres hate dudes.

Grondoth fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Mar 24, 2024

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Endorph posted:

if you only have dudes theyre like 'perhaps the arisen does not desire female companionship' and its led to a bunch of dudes crying IM NOT GAY I JUST DONT THINK ITS REALISTIC FOR WOMEN TO KILL DRAGONS. its ftw

gamers DESTROYED by lightest roasting ever

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

Captain Invictus posted:

here's a fantastic video from Rhystic Studies about one of the most controversial Magic cards of the last decade. Not because of what it does or its power level, you don't even need to know MTG to watch this video. It's about the artwork, and the artist behind it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9P58YG4axY&hd=1
i finally had the time to watch this and it was a fantastic little look at this card that does kind of objectively suck. imo the biggest problem was they had too many rails from corporate they had to stick to that kind of hindered the result for no real benefit. the description she was given doesnt really reflect the visual language used up until that point

her other cards are great. love em

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
I learned something from uploading my own video that drives me nuts now - you can actually edit Youtube videos after they've been uploaded and public! You can fix incorrect parts by trimming them out or adding annotations (lol google took that away, nvm)! And yet no one seems to do this??

Pigbuster fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Mar 24, 2024

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Endorph posted:

it is

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Pigbuster posted:

I learned something from uploading my own video that drives me nuts now - you can actually edit Youtube videos after they've been uploaded and public! You can trim parts out or add annotations! And yet no one seems to do this??

I couldn’t figure it out. I wanted to fix a video of mine and no idea how to do it. But I probably can’t. I just went to replace 20 seconds of misaligned audio

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

Endorph posted:

lmao

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Endorph posted:

lol

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

mycatscrimes posted:

Guppies and Endlers are really cute. Though I don't know how hobbyists deal with all the babies, I'd go insane.

He does pin a comment under that video pointing out that he misunderstood how powerful the sperm selection effect is, which is important if you plan to rely on it as an anti-inbreeding failsafe.

oh thanks, I hadn't noticed that.
I've managed to keep the pop under some form of control by having a few rescued black skirt and glowlight tetras in the (way oversized for guppies) tank with em. They eat some of the small fry. I also attempt to foist as many as possible onto anyone and everyone who will take some. Folks with turtles and large predatory fish will be happy with live feed too.

I have no worries about inbreeding. I add a new male or two to the colony every year, picking out pretty patterns and colours, and OOOH, shiny! They're not only separate families, they're often separate species (endlers and guppies). It's a well stirred gene pool.

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Mar 24, 2024

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

i loving love the people crying about realism even in stuff like scifi, fantasy and superhero games and movies. actively and aggressively ignoring what they are consuming to get mad at it

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Endorph posted:

This owns.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Endorph posted:

Remembering that one dude who thought that the name he picked in the Clouds section of Cyberpunk was the woman's and his increasingly horrified reaction with the fact his V was cuddling with a guy while getting psychotherapy. Which is funny because V even has a safe word to stop things immediately but he just kept clicking through.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
getting a steam refund because the game called me a homo

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Redezga posted:

yes, it's there lol

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
DD2 doubled down on almost every single design decision from the first game. It rules

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

‘ate women. ‘ate dragons. luv me chips. luv me pawns. simple as.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

This is probably the best breakdown of the Cornetto Trilogy I’ve seen on YouTube. It also resonates really strongly with why I found The World’s End to be such a bummer…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfSfcJUUJII

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

LanceHunter posted:

This is probably the best breakdown of the Cornetto Trilogy I’ve seen on YouTube. It also resonates really strongly with why I found The World’s End to be such a bummer…

Would be nice to watch if it was available in Canada.

GodspeedYou!Witchy
Jun 24, 2020

Arc Hammer posted:

Would be nice to watch if it was available in Canada.

This seems like the perfect opportunity to talk about this videos sponsor, NordVPN.

Rockit
Feb 2, 2017

LanceHunter posted:

Innuendo pretty much dismisses the sub plots and symbolism he just doesn't like(Along with the actual actions of the network) to contort the films here.
These are films about mad-children synthesis with maturity not "Growing out of it" or subversion there of.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Rockit posted:

Innuendo pretty much dismisses the sub plots and symbolism he just doesn't like(Along with the actual actions of the network) to contort the films here.
These are films about mad-children synthesis with maturity not "Growing out of it" or subversion there of.

Could you be more specific about what they're dismissing? I don't think there is really any degree of synthesis with maturity in The World's End, for example.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Pigbuster posted:

I learned something from uploading my own video that drives me nuts now - you can actually edit Youtube videos after they've been uploaded and public! You can fix incorrect parts by trimming them out or adding annotations (lol google took that away, nvm)! And yet no one seems to do this??

Looks like most people use their own, off-line software to fix their videos. How odd!

But yeah, it's nice of YouTube to add some minor functions for people who don't know how to use editing software. :v:

Rockit
Feb 2, 2017

LanceHunter posted:

Could you be more specific about what they're dismissing? I don't think there is really any degree of synthesis with maturity in The World's End, for example.
Angel working with graffiti artists is not very still "doing things by the book" as previously defined by the movie. Neither is his acceptance of workplace sexual humor.

The world end's i agree with him is the most messiest film including on this theme but i find "Gary king's dealing with his alcoholism is a Clichéd Sandler-esquse shorthand for maturity therefore it doesn't thematically mean that" just s denial of HOW much he hated that ending rather than a partial defense of it.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8IU8AONYQU

Lily Orchard's sister is speaking out about Lily Orchard sexually abusing her

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Endorph posted:

lmao

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

getting a steam refund because the game called me a homo

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I have never heard of Lily Orchard until today. Why is she notable...

quote:

Lily Orchard is a YouTube producer and comedian/critic specializing in animation and television, but her major focus surrounds My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

quote:

She is most famous for her "Steven Universe is Garbage and Here's Why" video.

Ah. Of course. And she's a pedophile you say? Shocking.

Seriously though I hope she burns. Perhaps in hell.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

She wrote a 100-tweet manifesto once about “tips for writers” that was just about all her gripes with children’s cartoons and why those same criticisms didn’t apply to her favorite WoW character

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

The 7th Guest posted:

She wrote a 100-tweet manifesto once about “tips for writers” that was just about all her gripes with children’s cartoons and why those same criticisms didn’t apply to her favorite WoW character

Was it Sylvanas by any chance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Judge Tesla posted:

Was it Sylvanas by any chance?
Maybe? I don’t play WoW but that sounds right

She’s the kind of brain dead internet loser that unironically thinks Steven Universe is nazi apologia because the protagonist of a kids cartoon didn’t murder the villains

She also had multiple “I hate Reylo” -tips- in that tweet thread

It was a fun week of dunking