Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Ny ag should send Laura Loomer to size the trump properties since she has experience chaining herself to buildings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Almost Smart posted:

Bah, sorry. I’m going to end things there before I get into a multi-page screed. But gently caress Fox News, gently caress conservative media, and gently caress everybody with the power or a platform to call this poo poo out, but never does. They’re a cancer that’s slowly killing us all.

Bruh for what it's worth I agree completely. I live in Tampa and a gay man was slaughtered in a dog park near me by an insane homophobe. And it took forever for the shooter to finally be charged. I still have John Walter Lay news saved in my favorites because I was F5'ing it for over a month waiting for something.

So anyway I think legals having their brains broken by an endless stream of propaganda is a FAR worse and more tangible problem than tHe bOrDeR.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Rescue Toaster posted:

So how does that work if an asset is fully leveraged and effectively worthless to Trump? If all the lien holders get paid first and the people of NY get nothing, it seems odd for the NY AG to be able to force a sale if it doesn't actually help pay off his judgement?

If they can force the sale of assets that Trump has minimal or zero equity in, that should knock down the whole house of cards pretty drat quick, but I'm still not holding my breath on any of this until we actually see the locks being changed.
Yes, it would mean there would be no sale because there's no point. A lien would remain though, and given that it's under an outside controller the state could try to seize any revenue generated by the property or asset in question in basically perpetuity.

There are other properties less leveraged though, and the AG is eyeing those, like Trump's Westchester estate.

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

Grey Cat posted:

Wait is it due at midnight?

probably not, but our LOLs are.

kazil posted:

It was due yesterday

for real??? goddammit

this is what you get goons, for leaving me in charge of numbers. i hope you're happy.

nobodygetshurt fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Mar 24, 2024

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

There's also the possibility that the state appraises the properties to determine whether it is worth selling and that triggers a technical default of the loans which may require a certain loan-to-value or other estimates of worth be maintained. There may be a foreclosure by the lenders to protect themselves.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.

Almost Smart posted:

Loathe as I am to admit it, my parents are all in on this poo poo too. My parents in northeastern Ohio, which is almost as far from the southern border as you can get.

“The illegals are ruining everything!”

Oh, word? Are they reason the schools in your area are consolidating and closing their doors because there aren’t enough kids (or tax dollars) around to justify keeping them open? Are they the reason your favorite restaurants are only open like three days a week or shuttered entirely because there aren’t enough people around to patronize them? Are they the reason that anyone with a brain and the financial means to move away does so as soon as they possibly can?

It’s all you and your small-minded ilk shooting yourselves in the dick. Nothing ever improves because your politics are grounded in spite and contempt. You pass on opportunities because you would rather wage meaningless culture wars on manufactured boogeymen while everything around you crumbles into ruin.

Bah, sorry. I’m going to end things there before I get into a multi-page screed. But gently caress Fox News, gently caress conservative media, and gently caress everybody with the power or a platform to call this poo poo out, but never does. They’re a cancer that’s slowly killing us all.

My family is from ole Tiffin Ohio which is about 30 minutes south of Sandusky. My brother went full chud back when it was the tea party. My parents have been slowly becoming chuds because my brother is around them all the time because he's on his 6th divorce (he just turned 40) and so is constantly moving back home where he forces them to watch OAN and Fox.

I had maybe 25ish close friends from high school and as the chudliness of the world has descended onto a city firmly into a solid part of Jim Jordan's district, they've been killing themselves. Of those 25, 8 are left.

So I totally feel you on this.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

:perfect:

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Will no-one speak for the poor of this country?!

Oh my god it’s amazing. Just needs the failsons on there!

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
For maximum lols they should start by locking him out of his 5th Avenue penthouse. That might just give him a stroke.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

kw0134 posted:

There's also the possibility that the state appraises the properties to determine whether it is worth selling and that triggers a technical default of the loans which may require a certain loan-to-value or other estimates of worth be maintained. There may be a foreclosure by the lenders to protect themselves.

Lmao that Leticia James will be racing against mortgage holders from building to building to be the first one to chain up the doors or post a foreclosure sign. It’s going to get insane if they actually do appraise the properties and come to the cold hard realization that Trump’s overstated his assets by something like quadruple their actual value and find that buyers are few and far between.

It’ll be a trupm train wreck and I’m gonna be on the front lines with the binoculars.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

A real mypillow ad

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

kw0134 posted:

I'd search the NY Sec of State filing system but it's undergoing maintenance today.

Prepping for increased activity

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

PuttyKnife posted:

and so is constantly moving back home where he forces them to watch OAN and Fox.

If they're watching it on stream you have my complete permission to sneak in and futz with the router until those sources are blocked.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

A real mypillow ad

wife kicked you out of the bedroom again? nothing makes that couch cozier than a mypillow!

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

A real mypillow ad

Graphic Design is my pension.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Almost Smart posted:

Loathe as I am to admit it, my parents are all in on this poo poo too. My parents in northeastern Ohio, which is almost as far from the southern border as you can get.

“The illegals are ruining everything!”

Oh, word? Are they reason the schools in your area are consolidating and closing their doors because there aren’t enough kids (or tax dollars) around to justify keeping them open? Are they the reason your favorite restaurants are only open like three days a week or shuttered entirely because there aren’t enough people around to patronize them? Are they the reason that anyone with a brain and the financial means to move away does so as soon as they possibly can?

It’s all you and your small-minded ilk shooting yourselves in the dick. Nothing ever improves because your politics are grounded in spite and contempt. You pass on opportunities because you would rather wage meaningless culture wars on manufactured boogeymen while everything around you crumbles into ruin.

On the bright side, there'll be much fewer of them as the years pass and with every year that passes it'll be harder for them to hold on to any power.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

funeral home DJ posted:

Lmao that Leticia James will be racing against mortgage holders from building to building to be the first one to chain up the doors or post a foreclosure sign. It’s going to get insane if they actually do appraise the properties and come to the cold hard realization that Trump’s overstated his assets by something like quadruple their actual value and find that buyers are few and far between.

It’ll be a trupm train wreck and I’m gonna be on the front lines with the binoculars.
One of the things is that if it's that bad then the lenders have the tiger by the ears and can't let go, they're probably going to look the other way and pray the loan keeps getting paid because they won't be able to secure the principle from a sale. If you owed $200 mill on an asset worth $50 mill from a financial POV it's absolutely worth walking away from that loan as the borrower because why are you paying so much for something worth so little? But Trump's ego is on the line and he may well fight to keep the right to the property no matter how underperforming even if it means throwing what little of his cash on hand he has at servicing a debt that makes no economic sense.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Poor sad Libs, never to know the simple joys of sitting alone in your living room on a Friday night and eating an entire Dominos pizza (and crazy bread!) by yourself in a fugue state

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Diabetes and Alcoholism, the twin pleasures of life.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

drat. Looks like we can’t have pizza or beer anymore comrades. Better stick to avocado toast and soy lattes.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

I don't want to experience the pleasure of diabetes and alcoholism, thanks

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Lite beer? Next he'll start extolling the virtues of the oeuvre of Dorff.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

He's having the time of his life with his friends, who are definitely there, out of the frame, and not eating cheap pizza alone on a Friday night

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

kw0134 posted:

I am positive that we've got a lot of twists and turns to come in the saga of Trump losing everything. But no matter which way things go, they're all bad for Trump.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø

My guy if your gonna be a dickhead chud bachelor at least get a loving proper sized TV. They are so cheap now you have zero excuse.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Scags McDouglas posted:

One of them, Maria, one of them got done laughing and wrote a check for me and then held it up high so I had to jump for it. I had to jump for it Maria. Once I finally had it, they wrote it out for 500M farts and signed it void, and then they were laughing again, Maria.

lol

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I'm the forgotten closet door obstructed by the unopened shipment of ????

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Straight guy interior decorating is so dire, my God.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Straight guy interior decorating is so dire, my God.

we're not all this bad at it, he's just a basic bitch

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Will no-one speak for the poor of this country?!

Mama Fratelli lookin rear end

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

LeeMajors posted:

Mama Fratelli lookin rear end

She loved her kids.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø

Waffle House posted:

I'm the forgotten closet door obstructed by the unopened shipment of ????

I'm the mood setting christmas lights

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

PuttyKnife posted:

My brother went full chud ... he's on his 6th divorce (he just turned 40)

lol drat, condolences on your loser idiot brother

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

A real mypillow ad

For a second I saw the persons face in the pillow as Kyle Rittenhouse, and the whole thing made sense as a joke. But if that's a real ad :confused:

Just wanted to point out that this guy has Christmas lights still up in March. Oh, and the contradiction between the craft brew poster versus the can of piss he's drinking.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

I mean I did back in college but now I watch the tournament with my wife and kids and grill actual food instead of poo poo dominoes pizza and dirt-tier beer.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

“I used to have a toilet. It was GOLD Jerry, GOLD!”

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Someone mentioned them seizing Trump plane and that was two lols attached.

A) Trump would had to fly commercial
B) He can't afford to fly commerical so he couldn't do all his stupid rallies in buddfuck, nowhere and sistertoucher, back of beyond.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Vakal posted:

Diabetes and Alcoholism, the twin pleasures of life.

zone posted:

I don't want to experience the pleasure of diabetes and alcoholism, thanks

Lmao, you managed to out-dork him, well done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

I sleep in a big bed with my wife.