Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Okada vs Kingston 9 12.68%
Jericho vs Hook 0 0%
Swerve vs Butcher 1 1.41%
Deonna and Thunder vs Toni and Toni 2 2.82%
Copeland vs Cage 32 45.07%
Best Friends vs Don Callis Family 1 1.41%
Shibata vs Matthews 1 1.41%
Takeshita vs Romero 1 1.41%
STREET FIGHT 24 33.80%
Total: 71 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

UnleashedDad posted:

Seth is in the league with Gargano to me where I can see the appeal but it is simply for me. I don’t find his matches exciting, but a chore. His character is boring and he may be the corniest guy in the business.

It's funny, I saw not only Seth's early ROH stuff (including the Nigel match live) but also some of his better non ROH stuff like the barbed wire match with Marek Brave, so I have a soft spot for him. No desire to see him in AEW, but a soft spot that makes me go "he could be good, I guess."

Meanwhile with Gargano I saw his early stuff in Pro Wrestling Ohio and thought he was so boring and have just never liked the guy and could never give him a chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

Kind of funny how Sheamus the guy with very little indie rep to US fans prior to signing gets people posting about his indie character while thoughts of Seth Rollins signing gets people going "oh no not him."

it's easy
Sheamus: Cool, Strong, Irish, Fella
Rollings: Dweeb, Cringe, Nerd, Bootlicker

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

neoaxd posted:

it's easy
Sheamus: Cool, Strong, Irish, Fella
Rollings: Dweeb, Cringe, Nerd, Bootlicker

simple as

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I will only accept the return of tyler black if he goes full force into the mosh pit dancefighting he did when he came out back in the day

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

gargano was probably one of my least favorite guys to watch in DGUSA

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i would rather have an empty spot on my team than pick rollins as the last remaining choice. whatever he's doing at the time reminds me of if stephanie mcmahon was trying to pull off the same thing. he gives off that vibe. i can get like a hundred good wrestlers without that problem. he needs to go down the toilet, respectfully

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Cavauro posted:

i would rather have an empty spot on my team than pick rollins as the last remaining choice. whatever he's doing at the time reminds me of if stephanie mcmahon was trying to pull off the same thing. he gives off that vibe. i can get like a hundred good wrestlers without that problem. he needs to go down the toilet, respectfully

I feel the same. I also feel the same way about Cody.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

rotinaj posted:

I will only accept the return of tyler black if he goes full force into the mosh pit dancefighting he did when he came out back in the day

Or Age of the Fall.
Generally, keeping your WWE gimmick when coming to the indies always seems desperate. If it is something that has lasted for like a decade, I can understand it but I really like when they change it up (see Matt Carson’s, king of the death match)

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

bring seth in he rules

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

It's funny, I saw not only Seth's early ROH stuff (including the Nigel match live) but also some of his better non ROH stuff like the barbed wire match with Marek Brave, so I have a soft spot for him. No desire to see him in AEW, but a soft spot that makes me go "he could be good, I guess."

Meanwhile with Gargano I saw his early stuff in Pro Wrestling Ohio and thought he was so boring and have just never liked the guy and could never give him a chance.

My only pre WWE exposure to Johnny other than a couple random indie matches was him weaseling his,way into being a part of FIST in Chikara, which was a good angle

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Gargano sounds like a spice you put on food to make it smaller while you look at your hands in disbelief

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

The main reason it's easy to remember Sheamus pre wwe is that his website is still up. http://www.sosofficial.com/

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Save Our Sheamus

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
finally caught up on the thread, dynamite & rampage loving ruled, everything owned

also fletch is that dude, huh

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Eat My Fuc posted:

Gargano sounds like a spice you put on food to make it smaller while you look at your hands in disbelief

Gargano is to good wrestling as oregano is to weed

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

If Sheamus ended up in AEW they better correctly call that chest hitting move in the ropes the Live Fella, Live! :colbert:

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

If Sheamus ended up in AEW they better correctly call that chest hitting move in the ropes the Live Fella, Live! :colbert:

ten beats of the boring!!! 😂😂😂

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
TNT is going to make ads saying Dynamite is sheamus see tv.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

neoaxd posted:

ten beats of the boring!!! 😂😂😂

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
sheamus: I sleep

Kaito being rescued: I cheer

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

graph posted:

finally caught up on the thread, dynamite & rampage loving ruled, everything owned

also fletch is that dude, huh

If Kyle Fletcher ever figures out a good haircut, he'll be the greatest.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Don't need Sheamus. Already have RUSH.
Wait...AEW does have RUSH right?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Lamuella posted:

The main reason it's easy to remember Sheamus pre wwe is that his website is still up. http://www.sosofficial.com/

Wait I thought it got taken down holy poo poo this is a game changer

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

ChrisBTY posted:

Don't need Sheamus. Already have RUSH.
Wait...AEW does have RUSH right?

Odd couple pairing, sheamus and rush after rush kicks Preston Vance to the curb

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

rotinaj posted:

Odd couple pairing, sheamus and rush after rush kicks Preston Vance to the curb

The Mexican-Irish alliance goes back to the 19th century

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

No Friday Rampage and no Saturday Collision make Lamuella something something.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lamuella posted:

It has genuinely hosed up my weekend. I have a flight this morning and instead of watching collision I’ve had to sink to watching Barry S03E01 😔

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Just now catching up. I Quit match was great, but I can't help but be slightly disappointed that the finish wasn't Copeland threatening to go for Nick and Christian quitting in a panic. Everything seemed to be leading up to it and it would have been a nice bit of character work.

Or for extra comedy points Copeland giving it to Killswitch with the Spike and Christian's unfazed, and then.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Lamuella posted:

It sucked, though I got to play a bunch of Dragon's Dogma 2 so that was good!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It has genuinely hosed up my weekend. I have a flight this morning and instead of watching collision I’ve had to sink to watching Barry S03E01 😔

I watched a guy make cinnamon candy out of styrofoam. He got the "turning polystyrene into styrene into cinnamaldehyde" bit absolutely perfect, and then hosed up the "making candy out of sugar" part so bad it was actually funny.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Lamuella posted:

We watched Anastasia last night because my partner was surprised I’d never seen it and knew nothing about it. There were zero powerbombs. Feels like my brain is starting to shut down.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/WrestlingCovers/status/1771940651011076406?s=20

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
that's neat, even if Jake's not doing a lot of onscreen stuff it's good to know he's got a steady gig

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
That's nice :3:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lamuella posted:

I watched a guy make cinnamon candy out of styrofoam. He got the "turning polystyrene into styrene into cinnamaldehyde" bit absolutely perfect, and then hosed up the "making candy out of sugar" part so bad it was actually funny.

Nilered?

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Very happy for Jake :3: It's always a treat whenever he manages Lance Archer and if anyone deserves a steady gig, it's him.

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.

MassRafTer posted:

I was also there for the Nigel match, was on the side of the ring with the absolutely sick chair shot. Crowd was one of the hottest I could remember. Really thought the guy had potential to be one of my favorites but everything after that just lame. Probably doesn't help that he is frequently booked to look like a geek.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The feeling. …

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

escape artist posted:

I want Seamus to fight most of the people in the BCC in one on one matches... not join em!

Finally, I can wear my BAR shirt again

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Mar 24, 2024