Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Qwertycoatl posted:

There's no way he'll be playing it that week, he's going to be working 27 hour days at that point.

that meme of yoship walking around a desk to negotiate a ffxiv-ffxvi collab but he's submitting a pto request

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The 8.0 Alliance Raids will be set in The Lands Between, therefore playing Elden Ring is work actually

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Y'shtola: You need a 'maidenless'? Yes, I do think the Warrior of Light meets that description.

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
Hoarah Loux as a raid boss. Tank buster is a mini-cinematic of him just piledriving the main tank into the off tank.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I'm pretty sure at least half of the English cast of Elden Ring is also in FF14.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Kheldarn posted:

So now that the pre-order and release dates are out, I wonder how long until we get the benchmark tool...

Hogama posted:

The 9th 14-hour broadcast has been announced starting 12 April 2024 at 8:00 PM (PDT)/11:00 PM(EDT)/April 13 2024 3:00 AM (GMT)
No itinerary of panels during the broadcast, yet.

but as EVERY single 14-hour stream before this had a PLL, I think it's safe to assume this one will, too.

Might even be the Benchmark - if so, I'd guess the PAX panel might announce the release date for Dawntrail + pre-order, first.
Could be a couple of weeks. They still have to do the Media Tour before launch, and that's traditionally after the Benchmark. It'd fit the timeline for Job Actions videos if that dropped late May/early June, too.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Oxyclean posted:

i'm pretty sure it's just something the CPU uses to cheat. Ah yes, not only did you flip two of my cards with your card that did not have bigger numbers, but for some reason you get to flip the cards I already flipped, causing you to take the whole board? But when I play my Ace to flip your 3, that doesn't trigger this so called "chain?"

You do know I am the warrior of light, right?

No, it's not a CPU issue cause I've seen human players do it.

...unless Tournament Matching is a fraud and you get paired with perfect NPCs! That explains everything!

Okay, sorry for the post, I did get salty at my bad results. And I guess my lack of friends to help me cheat. Truly I am maidengentleless.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Yeah, plus and same work consistently for everyone. They're good rules too. Add a modicum of depth to the game.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

No, it's not a CPU issue cause I've seen human players do it.

...unless Tournament Matching is a fraud and you get paired with perfect NPCs! That explains everything!

Okay, sorry for the post, I did get salty at my bad results. And I guess my lack of friends to help me cheat. Truly I am maidengentleless.

Oh, i'm purely joking. CPUs just tend to be very good at getting Plus/Same since they're programmed to look for it. There's nothing actually cheating about them (or chain) - my dumb rear end is just too smooth brained and feels salty every time a CPU gets to make a master play.

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Yeah, plus and same work consistently for everyone. They're good rules too. Add a modicum of depth to the game.

gently caress depth i want to beat up the NPCs for their cards.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

NPCs aren't really a problem once you realize they fall into patterns, even if Roulette/the occassional drop will f u up.

That said Lordling's Nael is a menace on tournaments. Specially since I think 19 wins against him + 1 win against a human is enough to get 1800 points.

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Okay, I give up on card collecting. I am never gonna do well enough in a tournament to have a decent chance at the Cecil and Lightning cards. I basically just lose against humans cause there's always something I missed and I'm Bad, and I can't even do the "win 1 human, 19 Lordling" for the 1800 points for maximum packs + a chance at top 20. And if I can't get those why bother suffering through Memoria Misera EX for eternity.

...I just wish Plus didn't exist man, it adds just too much complexity when dropping cards cause you have to pay attention to triple the combinations than usual.

Play enough of each tournament to get at least one platinum pack and you'll get the cards eventually, though the length of that "eventually" is totally up to RNG. I usually only get enough points for one or maybe two packs and I have all the EX cards except Tidus.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Kheldarn posted:

So now that the pre-order and release dates are out, I wonder how long until we get the benchmark tool...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I won't need an upgrade (Helldivers 2 is running fine), but I'd want to be sure, my processor's sort of hitting a 'yellow alert' for upgrade period.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

My CPU still beats out the recommended specs, so I'll probably be fine until I need to build a whole new PC in a couple years.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I just bought a whole new computer to meet the system specs and then some. I was going to upgrade but my hands can't do the detail work required to swap out a motherboard so there we are. It's those tiny goddamn screws.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I looked at the prices to upgrade my ancient machine and I gave up and bought a PS4

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I should probably upgrade my graphics card which is still a 1060TI.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I got high with the Endwalker benchmark so I'm hoping that'll at least be enough for... like normal with Dawntrail. Is there a middle one? Whatever isn't the best but also isn't the worst.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

My system's surprisingly good to go

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

FIRST CAST!

A YEAR AND HALF OF PAIN AND SUFFERING..... GONE

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Congratulations, how many left?

Smettbo
Sep 18, 2008

Mordiceius posted:

FIRST CAST!

A YEAR AND HALF OF PAIN AND SUFFERING..... GONE

I witnessed this! Congrats!

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Smettbo posted:

I witnessed this! Congrats!

Thanks!!

Kwyndig posted:

Congratulations, how many left?

6 left - Lancet from ShB; Furcacauda, Sidereal Whale, Durdina Fish, Snowy Parexus, and Hyphalosaurus from EW.

Also two from ocean fishing, but those aren't a priority.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Mordiceius posted:

Thanks!!

6 left - Lancet from ShB; Furcacauda, Sidereal Whale, Durdina Fish, Snowy Parexus, and Hyphalosaurus from EW.

Also two from ocean fishing, but those aren't a priority.

Well good luck, you'll need it on some of those.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Jesus Christ, the next window for Bobgoblin Bass is on April 24th :smithicide:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Ibblebibble posted:

I should probably upgrade my graphics card which is still a 1060TI.

:same: But it's a 1050Ti ...I did upgrade my other parts so it should be fine until I can check with the benchmark too.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Do I remember right that gear in Bozja doesn't matter aside from "something in every slot"?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Bruceski posted:

Do I remember right that gear in Bozja doesn't matter aside from "something in every slot"?

With the exception of the +haste gear, yeah

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Bruceski posted:

Idk if this is true or not but iirc the rarity of the gear gave you higher stats? Like you get a slight edge for a purple against a blue against a green or something, and ilvl doesn't matter, so BiS for WHM and BLM in Bozja is actually to get a 1h wand and targe from Leviathan

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
The only stat that matters is +haste from Bozja exclusive gear. you could go in with a full set of the Emperor's New Gear and you'll have identical results to level 90 tomestone armour.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Is it still a thing for White and Black mages to go in with a one-hand weapon and a shield?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

FuturePastNow posted:

Is it still a thing for White and Black mages to go in with a one-hand weapon and a shield?

No. That ended in ARR. Everything after is two handed for WHM/BLM.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Give the mages their 2x4 shields back

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
You should at least be allowed to glam 1-handed CNJ/THM weapons over the two-handed ones. The animations are the same. Maybe I just want a small wand for a bit. Or that FFXIII crossover one that you can pay real dollars for.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

No. That ended in ARR. Everything after is two handed for WHM/BLM.

They're referring to the special case of Bozja, which is iirc the only thing in the game which will level sync your gear upwards. So if you go in wearing an one-handed stick and shield from ARR, you'll get the full stats and also you'll be able to block some hits because of the shield.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

FuturePastNow posted:

I do it once in a while as BLM and my hp actually goes up after I equip the maple shield so it might actually be optimal to go with the shield/scepter route?

Idk if it is in total accounting for the lowered stats of the scepter and distributing those stats equally between the scepter and shield, or whether the scepter is synced as if it were a two-handed rod and the shield is considered an additional mit. I'll have to check next time

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

God Hole posted:

I do it once in a while as BLM and my hp actually goes up after I equip the maple shield so it might actually be optimal to go with the shield/scepter route?

Idk if it is in total accounting for the lowered stats of the scepter and distributing those stats equally between the scepter and shield, or whether the scepter is synced as if it were a two-handed rod and the shield is considered an additional mit. I'll have to check next time

there have been times where a 1h and shield was optimal in PvP and Bozja because of the way the syncs work.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Qwertycoatl posted:

So if you go in wearing an one-handed stick and shield from ARR, you'll get the full stats and also you'll be able to block some hits because of the shield.

*When not casting, which is never, because you should always be casting

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Qwertycoatl posted:

They're referring to the special case of Bozja, which is iirc the only thing in the game which will level sync your gear upwards. So if you go in wearing an one-handed stick and shield from ARR, you'll get the full stats and also you'll be able to block some hits because of the shield.

Oh poo poo, yeah, I didn't even think about that!

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

FuturePastNow posted:

In Bozja you do the same damage but with added block chance so there's no downside

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I see there are a number of recipes that require special crafting books. Is there a sequence I have to do those in with scrips, or a particular vendor? I think I sleptwalk past that briefing, or I saw it in 2018 on my way to go fight an evil rabbit lady.