Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Dr. Cool Aids)

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Having a nice cup of gout-fighting Yorkshire Gold right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Try M&S gold blend, it’s really good.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Barry's Gold Blend

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
yeah barry's red is good tea

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
Yorkshire Gold is the best.
Great alternatives are Lancashire tea, and Farrer's Lakeland tea.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
We used to get our tea from T2 but they closed all their shops in the UK :(

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

I'm partial to a drop of Tregothnan Tea

Onionetta
Aug 16, 2009

crispix posted:

yeah barry's red is good tea

Every time I go from Ireland to UK half my suitcase is boxes of Barry's original

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

still gotta recommend these guys

https://goldenmonkeyteacompany.co.uk/

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

fridge corn posted:

We used to get our tea from T2

Bit expensive if the shop is air side.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Dysgenesis posted:

Mass Market tea rankings:

Twinings everyday (GOAT of all teas)
Yorkshire (good tea, acceptable substitute)
PG tips (comes in pyramids, tea for guests)
Tetley (to be drink on hospital night shifts only)
Typhoo (do not drink)

Lipton requires excavation equipment to be correctly ranked down in the bowels of the earth

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
You wouldn't have heard of the tea I have.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Aldi own brand, I'm a punk baby

I just tidied the shed, pass me my indoor crocs and a beer, for I am Dad incarnate

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

CancerCakes posted:

I just tidied the shed

I tidied the car hole today, life is good

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Lapsang Souchong

Annoyed that Twinings discontinued it and replaced it with some generic "Distinctively Smoky" shite

Like seriously, gently caress off

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Dell_Zincht posted:

Lapsang Souchong

Annoyed that Twinings discontinued it and replaced it with some generic "Distinctively Smoky" shite

Sounds like a crisp descriptor. That said, I do like a good cup of "Dangerously Cheesy", by which I mean the milks gone off.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Dell_Zincht posted:

Lapsang Souchong

That sucks, I liked their lapsang.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I got given a Whittards advent calendar last year, so got to try some of their other teas I wouldn’t have looked at before. Their mango and bergamot tea was my surprise favourite, and is worth your time.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Dell_Zincht posted:

Lapsang Souchong

gibberish nonsense from a depraved mind

signed, kecske

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Dell_Zincht posted:

Lapsang Souchong

oh I picked that up thinking it was lapsang and I am so loving mad now

I haven't tried it eyt so idk if it's any good or not but fu cks sakeee

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I like an oolong you can resteep all day

Got a nice apricot one called iron goddess of mercy :black101:

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Twinings also stopped doing just Camomile Tea (at least, at Morrisons) and instead is all different flavours so I've had to try their stupid "unwind/relax/time out whatever" mixed box so I could figure out which one was tolerable. The spiced apple w/ camomile wasn't too bad but still, it's frustrating STOP CHANGING THINGS

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

The_Doctor posted:

I got given a Whittards advent calendar last year, so got to try some of their other teas I wouldn’t have looked at before. Their mango and bergamot tea was my surprise favourite, and is worth your time.

I don't care how's old you are, this is child abuse

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

I have a big mug of Horlicks (made with hot milk, naturally) before bed to unwind

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

corned beef hash for tea tonight lads!!!!!!!!!!

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
Obviously more a coffee person but for tea it’s Yorkshire Gold, milk to the colour of He-Man, no sugar.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

He-man must be one of farrow and balls newer colours so not familiar with it

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i don't drink tea or coffee. monster zero is where i get caffeine

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I don't drink any of those so I guess I don't get any caffeine. Is this why I never get up?

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"

Dell_Zincht posted:

Lapsang Souchong

someone told me this tastes like a tea crossed with a peaty whisky is that right

kinda want to give it a go as I like a peaty whisky (not the overpeated tourist stuff though that sucks rear end)

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I don't drink any of those so I guess I don't get any caffeine. Is this why I never get up?

they have pills for that now

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Bozza posted:

someone told me this tastes like a tea crossed with a peaty whisky is that right

kinda want to give it a go as I like a peaty whisky (not the overpeated tourist stuff though that sucks rear end)

Fortnum & Mason Smoky Earl Grey.

It was apparently Her Majesty's favourite brew.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
I had a freezer-to-oven kebab tonight for dinner and it was banging

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Checked my weather app and the forecast for the next 24 hours is the most boring forecast yet. It's just the same cloud for the entire time. Not even different clouds, it's just the same one

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
it was a nice and sunny day today but cool

tomorrow piss rain whole day

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I had a mate who insisted lapsang souchong tasted like smoked salmon and after a while i started tasting it too. Don't remember what brand it was. I like a good smokey tea

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

Oh yeah whittards teas are good

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

Fortnum & Mason Smoky Earl Grey.

It was apparently Her Majesty's favourite brew.

Yeah well look what happened to her.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Bozza posted:

in the vaguest sense, i guess. it's smoked tea, supposed to be smoked over fishnets (presumably hence the salmon)

give supermarket teabags a go if you see any, as i figure they're most likely to not be oversmoked. i got some loose leaf once that just tasted of cigarette ash

in terms of other smokey teas there's keemun or russian caravan, which i think tend less smoky. whittards don't seem to keem anymore, but they do have russian caravan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

ey up yorkshire tea