Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

Here's my list so far, if anyone has any recommendations that fall in line with this style of mod pack please do share!

quote:

Add Berry Seasons to Calendar - Name says it all, it's nice to be able to see what times of the month to go forsging

Automate - A new one for me, This is Freaking Awesome. Machines/processing equipment/furnace/etc. will pull the needed resources from an adjacent chest, and puts the final product back in before starting the next. What a godsend

Better Ranching - adds icons above animals heads if they need to be pet or their resource harvested, very nice mod!

Content Patcher - needed for any swaps of in game artwork, only needed if a mod is dependent on it

Convenient Inventory - adds a button to your inventory to automatically deposit and sort our items to nearby chests, *very* handy

DCBurger's High Res Portrait Mod(seems to be broken? :smith: ) I like the style but it doesn't seem to be working eo can be loaded via portraiture mod but lacks winter outfits

Dynamic Reflections - very pretty, adds reflection of the farmer in water, adds puddles during rain and the days after that also reflect water, and reflects the starry sky on clear days late at night. A bit wonky in split screen co-op though

Farmer Helper - adds a warning before sleep if you've still got plants to water/pick, or animals to pet/feed/milk.. also seems broken :negative: definitely broken

Generic Mod Config Menu - let's you adjust compatible mod settings without digging into config files with text editors out of game.

Hueless Haven - Desaturated Map Recolour - just chose it until EarthyRecolour is updated, it massively tones down the yellow hue in everything, in particular the dirt. Way easier on the eyes

Lookup Anything - press F1 in game while looking at something/holding it/etc, will give you all the details on it in a little pop up window. Beats alt tabbing out of the game to look stuff up

NPC Map Locations - makes the villager icons in the map actually accurately track the character, makes it much easier to track them down

Visible Fish - I used to use Teh's Fishing Overhaul to add a UI element that told you the types of fish and their catch percentage that are in the area you're currently in, but it's not been updated so I switched to Visible Fish, you can see the different available types of fish in the water when you walk by.

Zebrafinches - adds another cute animal for your coop. My wife demanded it when we were scrolling the lists of mods on Nexusmods

Zoom Level - adds hotkeys to controllers to zoom in the play area and the UI elements, and expands the minimum and maximum zoom level. Very helpful for split screen co-op and play at high resolutions

One I don't use but you might want: CJB Cheat menu, let's you adjust your walking speed, amongst a couple dozen other cheats and if that's appealing to you then go for it!

Mederlock fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Mar 30, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Akratic Method posted:

Has anyone solved the mystery of baby toss critical hit yet?

Interacting with your baby tosses it up in the air and makes it happier. I assume it can make it EXTRA happy on a crit?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Mederlock posted:

Here's my list so far, if anyone has any recommendations that fall in line with this style of mod pack please do share!

I've changed to Universal Recolors - Subtle Preset over Hueless Haven. Looks just a tiny bit nicer.

Have you tried UI Info Suite 2? It might enable you to replace a couple of your smaller mods.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Okay, it’s been way too long since I last played.

Does grass normally survive into Winter? Or is that just a Meadow Farm bonus?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

It's a new change I believe!

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
It survives on all farms, but I think you get less hay from the grass in winter.

Little Ampton
Mar 19, 2010
So uh, our dog simply vanished pretty early on in our multiplayer game. Around the first week of summer. No idea what happened to it, we're now on year 2 and haven't been able to get a new one. It's even gone from the animal list!
I'm aware of butterfly powder, but none of us in our game should have had access to it yet.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
FYI: when upgrading from normal chests to big chests, just place the big one on the normal chest tile and it’ll automatically transfer everything inside into the big one.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Mod chat related: The SMAPI site tracks 1.6 compatibility for a lot of the mods out there https://smapi.io/mods, so you don't have to trawl through Nexus comments and guess if a mod is actually broken or commenters are just confused

I'm probably just installing some quality of life mods and SVE so I can chill with Claire and Andy. It was fun installing a bunch of town mods last time around but honestly it was too many people/festivals/areas to keep track of and now there's a bunch of new stuff in the core game to discover!!

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Fruits of the sea posted:

Mod chat related: The SMAPI site tracks 1.6 compatibility for a lot of the mods out there https://smapi.io/mods, so you don't have to trawl through Nexus comments and guess if a mod is actually broken or commenters are just confused

I'm probably just installing some quality of life mods and SVE so I can chill with Claire and Andy. It was fun installing a bunch of town mods last time around but honestly it was too many people/festivals/areas to keep track of and now there's a bunch of new stuff in the core game to discover!!

Definitely a good suggestion. The smapi app that loads when you start the game will use that mod list to determine if your version is out of date and print version issues in purple to the smapi console.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Fruits of the sea posted:

Oh SVE is updated for 1.6? I hadn't thought to check yet.

We've been slowly adding in mods as we go along, starting with Automate, Look Up anything, and comfort mods such as that. What's everyone's favorite mod to make fishing not suck? The visible fish one looked good. Anything that makes it less miserable would be great.

Silver Falcon fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Mar 24, 2024

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse

Silver Falcon posted:

We've been slowly adding in mods as we go along, starting with Automate, Look Up anything, and comfort mods such as that. What's everyone's favorite mod to make fishing not suck? The visible fish one looked good. Anything that makes it less miserable would be great.

Visible Fish is just a cosmetic mod; it doesn't affect the actual fishing at all, it just shows sprites of all the fish that can currently be caught in each body of water. If you've memorised the various fish appearances then I guess it makes it slightly easier to see if a particular fish can be caught at the current time in a particular location without having to look it up on the wiki, but it has no effect on actually catching fish or on the fishing minigame. It's still a cool mod, but if you're looking for something that changes the fishing experience itself, you'd need to look elsewhere (and I'm afraid I haven't tried any myself, as I actually like the fishing minigame... :v: ).

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Hit farming 10 and I forgot how much of a non choice it is for your skill there. Especially with all the extra artisanal goods that's been added.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

Silver Falcon posted:

My favourite was Teh's Fishing Overhaul, I haven't tried it to see if it still works in 1.6. Adds a multiplier for fish quality and treasure chance as you get consecutive perfect catches, you can adjust the difficulty and treasure catch chances, adds a list with % chance of all fish available in your current zone to the top left of the UI when you're holding the fishing rod, and a couple other QoL things like that. I tuned it to close to vanilla, just kept the multiplier rewarding successful perfect catches.

E: it's not been updated in two years though, so I doubt we'll see it reworked for 1.6

Mederlock fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Mar 24, 2024

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Leal posted:

Hit farming 10 and I forgot how much of a non choice it is for your skill there. Especially with all the extra artisanal goods that's been added.

That was one of the reasons I liked using a Prestige mod. It would allow me to purchase perks using currency you got from prestiging. It was all tunable so you could do poo poo like increase the currency needed, add a positive or negative multiplier to experience after you prestiged, and could even increase the experience needed to level! Not sure if it's been updated since I want to see what the new vanilla prestige system is like before I try it again.

It's kind of funny realizing how hard or easy it was to level something after. Farming was stupid easy to hit with 10 again, but foraging and fishing were a pain.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
Sodding hell, I think CA may have gone a bit too far towards making panning actually good. Got the iridium level pan because why not? used it for the third time and got a pair of gold mystery boxes, a diamond, a frozen tear, an earth crystal, some bones, oh, and an omni geode. All in one go.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

dennyk posted:

Visible Fish is just a cosmetic mod; it doesn't affect the actual fishing at all, it just shows sprites of all the fish that can currently be caught in each body of water. If you've memorised the various fish appearances then I guess it makes it slightly easier to see if a particular fish can be caught at the current time in a particular location without having to look it up on the wiki, but it has no effect on actually catching fish or on the fishing minigame. It's still a cool mod, but if you're looking for something that changes the fishing experience itself, you'd need to look elsewhere (and I'm afraid I haven't tried any myself, as I actually like the fishing minigame... :v: ).

I've actually found it to be very helpful so far! I can identify a lot of fish by sight. If not, I can always just check the Community Center tab in the menu and compare against the fish I see swimming around.

New base game stuff actually should go a long way towards making me hate fishing less. The deluxe bait lengthens your fishing bar, which is super helpful. There's also bait tailored to each fish that you can craft, if you're looking for something in particular.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Mederlock posted:

E: it's not been updated in two years though, so I doubt we'll see it reworked for 1.6

someone posted an unofficial update on the nexus comments for that mod, no idea if it works

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Fishing and combat are the two worst skills to level up unless you have automate in which case fishing becomes the easiest since you can level it up passively

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Luckily they added two new festivals that amount to "sit around for two days straight to level up fishing"
And I guess also The Books, if you've got the cash.

I like the new reactive text where the characters comment on things you've done. Also because there's an actual reason to check the Help Wanted board, I've been seeing a lot of messages I've never seen before, like Sebastian wanted a vegetable so he can throw it as hard as he can against the mountainside or Elliot wanting to rub something on his gums.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

skeleton warrior posted:

Okay, it’s been way too long since I last played.

Does grass normally survive into Winter? Or is that just a Meadow Farm bonus?
Wow, is that going to change my playstyle! No more than 2 silos now.I do love the tickets and mystery boxes.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Fishing and combat are the two worst skills to level up unless you have automate in which case fishing becomes the easiest since you can level it up passively

Fishing is easy tho. I'm just starting Summer Year 1 and I've already got Fishing to level 9. All you have to do is fish.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
For making fishing easier do also remember the Training Rod for an easier ramp up.

I would like to report I also had green rain on the day... my iron axe was ready. Clint did not bring it to the bar with him. And I need like 6 ferns for the CC. At least I got a weird seed.

Edit ; you can Knock moss off with the pick or scythe it is worth remembering.

Tickets are fun, Lewis is sending me money for doing lot of daily quests too. Need to actually save up for a kitchen and a barn though.

And get fish ponds.fish farmer bundle is slooow

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
There should be a special scene where you do 5/6 of the community center bundles and then buy a joja mart membership

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Midnight Voyager posted:

Interacting with your baby tosses it up in the air and makes it happier. I assume it can make it EXTRA happy on a crit?

yeah but what about in the game

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

How do I get Lookup Anything to use the context sensitive mode without a mouse cursor? I’m playing on a Steam Deck and bound a button to F1 but it just pops up a cursor on screen

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

TurnipFritter posted:

Luckily they added two new festivals that amount to "sit around for two days straight to level up fishing"
And I guess also The Books, if you've got the cash.

I like the new reactive text where the characters comment on things you've done. Also because there's an actual reason to check the Help Wanted board, I've been seeing a lot of messages I've never seen before, like Sebastian wanted a vegetable so he can throw it as hard as he can against the mountainside or Elliot wanting to rub something on his gums.

What kind of mods you got going on in the under and to the left of your money? Also bottom left corner?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Make sure to talk to Evelyn and George during the green rain, their dialogue is hilarious.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Zesty posted:

What kind of mods you got going on in the under and to the left of your money? Also bottom left corner?

I believe that's all UI Info Suite 2, which displays the weather for the next day, your daily luck, whether the Queen of Sauce is new, if the Traveling Cart is in town, if it's someone's birthday (the character there is from Ridgeside, which I still have installed because I want all the extra wood and comically overpowered weapons), how many days Clint and Robin have left on their jobs right there under the money, as well as the experience bar in the corner. it also displays things like Scarecrow/Beehive/Sprinkler/etc ranges, how long machines have left to run, how long crops have til they're fully grown, if you've petted your animals, how much items are worth in your inventory, and so forth and so on. It's real handy.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

hey everyoen im having a blast

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023

Tatsuta Age posted:

hey everyoen im having a blast

I don't care about that. Are you maximizing your efficiency??

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Tiny Timbs posted:

How do I get Lookup Anything to use the context sensitive mode without a mouse cursor? I’m playing on a Steam Deck and bound a button to F1 but it just pops up a cursor on screen

Try setting your right trackpad to act as a mouse.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The skull cavern seems to drop a lot more iridium at the lower levels. Granted, my first real run in there was on a good luck day, but the iridium nodes started showing up every 2-4 levels starting on floor 2. Purple slimes were dropping iridium every 2-3 enemies. Other thing I noticed is I was getting dinosaur spawns every 3-5 floors too. It’s very nice. I got like 25 iridium and I only made it to fooor 25.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Mar 25, 2024

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Your Uncle Dracula posted:

I dunno I got to the first new festival, took one look at it and said "doesnt look fun" and didn't do it

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Your Uncle Dracula posted:

Bad Dracula! No! Bad! Don't make me throw a bag of rice on the floor.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Tatsuta Age posted:

I dunno I got to the first new festival, took one look at it and said "doesnt look fun" and didn't do it

finally, a true god gamer

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Cartoon Man posted:

The skull cavern seems to drop a lot more iridium at the lower levels. Granted, my first real run in there was on a good luck day, but the iridium nodes started showing up every 2-4 levels starting on floor 2. Purple slimes were dropping iridium every 2-3 enemies. Other thing I noticed is I was getting dinosaur spawns every 3-5 floors too. It’s very nice. I got like 25 iridium and I only made it to fooor 25.

We just unlocked the Desert today. No iridium yet, but we had a good time raiding the place.

I got a Dinosaur Egg from an artifact spot way back in summer, so I guess I don't have to care about dinosaur floors in the Cavern! The coop isn't upgraded yet so I can't hatch it.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Random cave bat dropped my first prismatic gem of the game, sure ok.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023

HopperUK posted:

Bad Dracula! No! Bad! Don't make me throw a bag of rice on the floor.

Ah! Ah! Ah! Three! Three inefficient crops!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Somewhere in the lava portion of the mines I got a level 7 holy sword random drop that comes pre-enchanted with Crusader. Don’t know if that was in the game before 1.6, but I’m taking it with me as a second sword on skull cavern runs for mummy floors, it’s fantastic.

Edit, yeah it’s new from 1.6.
https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Holy_Blade#:~:text=The%20Holy%20Blade%20is%20a,and%20is%20enchanted%20with%20Crusader.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Mar 25, 2024