Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Okada vs Kingston 9 12.68%
Jericho vs Hook 0 0%
Swerve vs Butcher 1 1.41%
Deonna and Thunder vs Toni and Toni 2 2.82%
Copeland vs Cage 32 45.07%
Best Friends vs Don Callis Family 1 1.41%
Shibata vs Matthews 1 1.41%
Takeshita vs Romero 1 1.41%
STREET FIGHT 24 33.80%
Total: 71 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

He looks cool!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

hope we also get Fat AJ and Gay AJ before his heart explodes

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Open Marriage Night posted:

There was very little wrestling in that match, but it was fun. My friends and I started the "gently caress Matt Cardona" chant at the start.

THERE'S VERY LITTLE "WRESTLING" IN THESE GYM MATS

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Havoc904 posted:

THERE'S VERY LITTLE "WRESTLING" IN THESE GYM MATS

LUNCHLADY ZAHORIAN, DO YOU HAVE ANY JUICE!?!

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/status/1771896582557843876?t=RHtoaAcjMRbagOvOCj6cxg&s=19

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

I've spent the last couple of minutes trying to imagine what a twelve minute Danhausen / Takeshita match would look like and just cracking myself up. I literally feel bad for my imaginary Konosuke Takeshita trying his best to make something work with him.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

That's extremely cool art.

Something that flew under the radar but I'm very excited about is the confirmation that whoever holds the Continental Championship by the time of the next C2 will be automatically entered into it. It's an obvious rule but it's nice to know it's going to happen. I doubt Okada is losing that title for a bit, but even if he does I don't see a world where he isn't in. I feel like we'll see some returning names from the first one, but I'm especially excited for the wildcards. We could see anyone from Christian Cage to Bryan Keith get booked in one of the leagues. Mark Briscoe was my big want last year and I was happy he participated. This time, maybe Buddy Matthews would be cool. He's a great wrestler and, House of Black jobbing rumors aside, would lead to some absolutely killer singles matches. Get PAC in there too!

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Real talk they need to strap up Mark Briscoe dammit

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

NorgLyle posted:

I've spent the last couple of minutes trying to imagine what a twelve minute Danhausen / Takeshita match would look like and just cracking myself up. I literally feel bad for my imaginary Konosuke Takeshita trying his best to make something work with him.

Takeshita regularly works with Antonio Honda, he could make Danhausen look like magic

edit: I love Honda. The point is Takeshita is a DDT vet, Danhausen isn't even close to the bottom of the barrel of some of the goofy gimmicks he's worked with.

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Mar 25, 2024

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Alan_Shore posted:

He's facing Eddie for the ROH belt at Supercard and Eddie is currently falling to pieces so its a good chance!!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Alan_Shore posted:

I’ve been saying this

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

He's facing Eddie for the ROH belt at Supercard and Eddie is currently falling to pieces so its a good chance!!

:pray:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

fez_machine posted:

Takeshita regularly works with Antonio Honda, he could make Danhausen look like magic

That's probably not the greatest endorsement, as Honda has been horrifically injured in every single match he has ever had, necessitating telling everybody a deeply emotional story on the microphone while his opponents listen respectfully.

What I'm saying is that Tony needs to learn about Gon the Fox.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

UnleashedDad posted:

What's going on with Danhausen? I can't remember the last time he was on TV and he's seemingly doing indies now. Did he just whine too much on the internet and sour Tony?

He was injured for most of 2023 with a torn tiddy, and I guess he's been trying to get back to ring fitness by doing indie dates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXPq2dIAMfQ

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

It’s still very weird to me that they aired Danhausen’s “I am a serious threat and now you’re all going to pay” interview and iced him again.

this was directed at tony and the evps

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

oh that beautiful

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
I can see it now, Cactus Jack Perry getting a portrait of himself etched in glass...only to be thrown through it by Shoota Umino in their match.

Gedo, you coward, :mad:

Miching Mallecho fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Mar 25, 2024

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Is Willow Nightingale a Babe with The Power, that she incidentally uses to, among other things, bomb people, or is she a Babe with The Bomb, which is notable because it is several standard deviations more powerful than observed industry standards for The Bomb?

Do NOT say both. If you say both, I'm putting it on your permanent record.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Neither, her finisher is the Babe With The Power Bomb. She is a babe and powerful but those are unrelated.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

If my old Willow Nightingale t-shirt is to be believed, she is neither. She is The Babe With The Powerbomb.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

MJeff posted:

Is Willow Nightingale a Babe with The Power, that she incidentally uses to, among other things, bomb people, or is she a Babe with The Bomb, which is notable because it is several standard deviations more powerful than observed industry standards for The Bomb?

Do NOT say both. If you say both, I'm putting it on your permanent record.

I do not understand, what power?

The power of voodoo? Who do?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Ganso Bomb posted:

If my old Willow Nightingale t-shirt is to be believed, she is neither. She is The Babe With The Powerbomb.

Excalibur makes a clear hesitation between the two. I'm forced to conclude that shirt is an extremely rare misprint, presumably worth 750,000 dollars.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

She's a Babe with Power, who uses a Power [pause for emphasis] bomb.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MJeff posted:

Excalibur makes a clear hesitation between the two. I'm forced to conclude that shirt is an extremely rare misprint, presumably worth 750,000 dollars.

I always knew my day would come

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I'm looking forward to Cactus Jack Perry coming back. Many in thread have shamefully forgotten that he's an S tier wrestler and the amount of fresh matchups is insane.

I mean look at that roster. Look at it! This is literally me every time I tune into Dynamite: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v3OPgsoa54

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The Babe with the Power is the other wrestler Willow has in the hold and she's going to dash their head against the rocks before any of this gets out of control and suddenly we need to deal with goblins

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I hold no ill will towards Jungle Jack Perry. He was responsible for kicking off the funniest drama in AEW history and I'm honestly eager to see what kind of reaction he gets on an eventual return home to AEW.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

projecthalaxy posted:

Danhausen beat Cardona in 10 minutes on the GCW ppv yesterday. I'm sure that was "a real mat classic"

E:
Last AEW match was being in the Worlds End preshow battle royale, last Tonyverse match was facing cutler on the 2/12 RoH (lost in 3 mins)

Since then hes done gcw and aiw

Matt Classic's a different guy who can't wrestle

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I still think Tony's biggest weakness as a booker is that he can't find a spot for Danhausen and when he does use him it sucks. It's not because Danhausen is any good or anything. It's just because he's literally Toru Yano and it wouldn't be hard to book Danhausen to show up as the little stinker in all of your tournaments. It's the exact same gimmick except goth and they struggle so hard at doing anything with it.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

I still think Tony's biggest weakness as a booker is that he can't find a spot for Danhausen and when he does use him it sucks. It's not because Danhausen is any good or anything. It's just because he's literally Toru Yano and it wouldn't be hard to book Danhausen to show up as the little stinker in all of your tournaments. It's the exact same gimmick except goth and they struggle so hard at doing anything with it.

I'd argue Danhausen is nowhere near the worker Yano is

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gumball Gumption posted:

I am thankful Tony did not put Danhausen in the C2. His biggest strength as a booker.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Gumball Gumption posted:

I've had this sneaking suspicion that tony is like a lot of posters. He can recognize a wrestler is popular but cant book wrestlers he doesnt actually like outside of bit parts.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The Danhausen situation "to me" seems like a combination of Tony not really getting Danhausen/caring enough about him to actively come up with plans for him, and Danhausen not being clever/funny/talented enough to carve out a space for himself in the face of the challenges of translating a goofy indies gimmick to weekly TV.

Like I don't think the current Orange Cassidy character is what that dude had in mind for himself when he joined AEW, but he's a really really really good wrestler and he seems to have a sharp mind so he was able to make it work. That unfortunately does not seem to be an option for Danhausen so if he's not willing to embrace being a manager type who occasionally disappears from TV then I dunno man

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The Danhausen Main Event Run will make us all forget about the MJF main event run.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

xbilkis posted:

The Danhausen situation "to me" seems like a combination of Tony not really getting Danhausen/caring enough about him to actively come up with plans for him, and Danhausen not being clever/funny/talented enough to carve out a space for himself in the face of the challenges of translating a goofy indies gimmick to weekly TV.

Like I don't think the current Orange Cassidy character is what that dude had in mind for himself when he joined AEW, but he's a really really really good wrestler and he seems to have a sharp mind so he was able to make it work. That unfortunately does not seem to be an option for Danhausen so if he's not willing to embrace being a manager type who occasionally disappears from TV then I dunno man

Orange also wanted to evolve his character and I'm not sure Danhausen wants that.

One would think the easiest solution here is to put Danhausen in matches/low-stakes programs with midcard guys until the audience either gets sick of him or demands more of him, but he might get shoved back down to ROH which is kinda the same thing.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I don’t really care about Danhausen.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Danhausen more like DanROHausen

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Danhausen was in the middle of kind of an interesting push and got injured. When he got back the person he'd most closely allied with was a pariah and then gone. Now the roster is even better so what do you do with him. I'd put him in ROH more but I can see just not really wanting to deal with it.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

tony should book an angle where another wrestler gets over by pretending that danhausen is his best friend who is dying of a terminal illness and his last wish is to win the tag belts together. call their team danhausen by proxy. very sick. very inspirational.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Danhausen was in the middle of kind of an interesting push and got injured. When he got back the person he'd most closely allied with was a pariah and then gone. Now the roster is even better so what do you do with him. I'd put him in ROH more but I can see just not really wanting to deal with it.

I also would put the near number 1 merch seller and the guy who a ton of people paint their faces up at the shows and bring signs for on the internet only show.

There's ton of use for Danhausen, people act as if he's just some dude who got lucky. His ring work is passable, and his charisma is undeniable, people love that Danhausen and Tony has tried to do far more with far less talent in the past.