Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Starting mana stacker ball lightning hiero, looks interesting and I haven't done a mana stacker before.

Frank Frank posted:

Yeah I'm stumped. I wanted to run some sort of deadeye build with good single point damage but apparently that doesn't exist anymore. Now I have no idea and I'm running out of time to pick something. I may end up just sitting this league out again if I can't figure something out. Completely open to suggestions.

You could try inquisitor RF, I think the "preferred" starter is chieftain, but I know you don't like swapping characters and starting inquisitor lets you respec into hiero mana stacker RF later, which scales forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Won't be posting my numbers cause I'm sure I made a simple mistake somewhere, but on the off chance I didn't, I'm mathing PBoD to be about ~52% the DPS in 3.24 vs. 3.23 in my old build. Half the damage of a frankly obscene skill will still be really good, but it'll prob be felt the most at lower investment. Also the activation rate change might make it feel worse than it looks on paper. Still, might keep that as a backup option in case my other ideas fall through.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Won't be posting my numbers cause I'm sure I made a simple mistake somewhere, but on the off chance I didn't, I'm mathing PBoD to be about ~52% the DPS in 3.24 vs. 3.23 in my old build. Half the damage of a frankly obscene skill will still be really good, but it'll prob be felt the most at lower investment. Also the activation rate change might make it feel worse than it looks on paper. Still, might keep that as a backup option in case my other ideas fall through.

From what i’ve seen penance brand of dissipation ate a ~68% nerf. It’s still a decent spell though.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Might not be a bad single target four link or six link if you go staff. Not gonna play it again though.

Edit: I feel like if you went all in on cast speed it'd feel good. Some kind of weird necro corpse thing.

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

World's Strongest Smelly Hobo

whypick1 posted:

https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/absolution-necromancer-build-guide

Warning: Doryani's Prototype (and not updated yet for 3.24, but he's working on updating his guides)

Yeah, I found that and some other older ones. I feel like I've had bad luck with ghazzy builds in past but it was probably user error.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
Also, I legit expected to see more ice nova of frostbolt builds. I know it kind of plateaus late game, but even then its pretty cool and fun

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Frank Frank posted:

Yeah I'm stumped. I wanted to run some sort of deadeye build with good single point damage but apparently that doesn't exist anymore. Now I have no idea and I'm running out of time to pick something. I may end up just sitting this league out again if I can't figure something out. Completely open to suggestions.

bleed bow gladiator

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

External Organs posted:

I keep wondering about necro holy relic chaos but I can't figure out what attack skill to use to proc it. Maybe a 4 link dom blow?

Cyclone was way to do it before, but that may change with the new trans gem.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

Having never seriously run a minion build, I'm considering trying Zoomancer this league. It seems pretty close to my ideal summoner playstyle if there is one (minions everywhere; complete chaos). My main hesitation is that it (like all summoners, AFAIK) runs AG, which seems like pure pain if it manages to die.

I also think Rue's CoC DD build looks very comfy and I may suggest that for my friend who I'll be playing with. What's the current state of Pohx's RF? Is it still as chill and reliable as ever?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Pohx's does not appear to have had an existential crisis like he did with the 3.23 patch notes (in fact he's working on the 3.24 version right now). Still good.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
RF seems fine for getting casually through red maps if that’s what you’re looking for. Might not be enough dps for doing new T17s comfortably without heavy investment though.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

whypick1 posted:

Pohx's does not appear to have had an existential crisis like he did with the 3.23 patch notes (in fact he's working on the 3.24 version right now). Still good.

It was cArn’s turn this league but i think he’s mostly recovered.

Fubgun’s existential crisis will come a couple days in when he realizes LA doesnt scale like TS did

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Setec_Astronomy posted:

Having never seriously run a minion build, I'm considering trying Zoomancer this league. It seems pretty close to my ideal summoner playstyle if there is one (minions everywhere; complete chaos). My main hesitation is that it (like all summoners, AFAIK) runs AG, which seems like pure pain if it manages to die.

I also think Rue's CoC DD build looks very comfy and I may suggest that for my friend who I'll be playing with. What's the current state of Pohx's RF? Is it still as chill and reliable as ever?

AG pretty much never dies mapping. it's generally only a potential issue in the league mechanic(No idea for this particular one of course) or I've had it die randomly in blight ravaged maps. It's also like 10 chaos to replace in ghazzy's zoomancer build so not a big deal. You could also just not run it, or run it with random trash off the ground and see if it dies doing your content, it probably won't.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

wemgo posted:

It was cArn’s turn this league but i think he’s mostly recovered.

Sir Moustache also had a low-key identity crisis...or that's just how the computer generated English voice sounds, 50/50.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

alternatively i played guardian srs last league start and AG would randomly die like once a day, and remaking it each time was so frustrating i respecced and rerolled

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

M. Night Skymall posted:

AG pretty much never dies mapping. it's generally only a potential issue in the league mechanic(No idea for this particular one of course) or I've had it die randomly in blight ravaged maps. It's also like 10 chaos to replace in ghazzy's zoomancer build so not a big deal. You could also just not run it, or run it with random trash off the ground and see if it dies doing your content, it probably won't.

Alright, maybe this actually will be the time I commit to full minion degeneracy.

Any feedback on the Zoomancer build in particular? Per Ghazzy's description it sounds like a build that works well at league start but scales well with high investment.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

whypick1 posted:

He even recorded a new act 1-10 full play through as a chieftain. He seems pretty chill about the whole thing.

Stux posted:

alternatively i played guardian srs last league start and AG would randomly die like once a day, and remaking it each time was so frustrating i respecced and rerolled

Yeah I had this happen with my SRS necro and also rerolled. It's not just the cost, it's the loving around trading for a full new set of gear each time

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Animated weapon of ranged arms nerco is completely op and didn’t get hit by the SRS nerf

You can also play it as guardian.

You can also do regular animated weapon

They are very good !!

I will probably do animated weapon guardian as a starter

You just lingering blades from somewhere early

euphronius fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Mar 25, 2024

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Stux posted:

yeah, I didn't play an AG build last league, and it seems like a lovely league for it TBH because the wisps scale the rares to stupid levels.

Setec_Astronomy posted:

Alright, maybe this actually will be the time I commit to full minion degeneracy.

Any feedback on the Zoomancer build in particular? Per Ghazzy's description it sounds like a build that works well at league start but scales well with high investment.

I played SRS during ToTA and didn't have any of the AG issues other people seem to have, died once or twice in blight ravaged maps so I stopped bringing it to those, and it could die in the league mechanic but just didn't bring it to that. I'm not saying it's hassle free but it's not that big a deal, the other problem with SRS is that the harder the thing you're fighting the more you need your AG to apply temporal chains to do actual damage, but for zoomancer losing elemental weakness is probably not the end of the world and you can just run without it.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

euphronius posted:

Animated weapon of ranged arms nerco is completely op and didn’t get hit by the SRS nerf

You can also play it as guardian.

You can also do regular animated weapon

They are very good !!

I will probably do animated weapon guardian as a starter

You just lingering blades from somewhere early

Can confirm, before my league was cut short my ranged arms necro was punching way above her weight.

Only problem is the playstyle is jank, because you summon the drat things one at a time. Not a problem once you get your initial flock and just need to animate two or three at a time to keep them going, but it noticeably slows down the start of each map.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
Animated weapon and hexblast are meta

what a time to be alive

RIght, rutibex? :laffo:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Big Mad Drongo posted:

Can confirm, before my league was cut short my ranged arms necro was punching way above her weight.

Only problem is the playstyle is jank, because you summon the drat things one at a time. Not a problem once you get your initial flock and just need to animate two or three at a time to keep them going, but it noticeably slows down the start of each map.

Worth it for their power . And also after you summon them you don’t press buttons for awhile

Also unlike SRS they are convocated

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Erulisse posted:

what a time to be a large language model that should definitely be considered a living person

FTFY

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Erulisse posted:

what a time to be alive

A goon ahead of their time

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I have been wanting to play animate weapon for a long time but it has always been bad

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

You can automate AW spawn on AG with chains of command.

This works well and makes AW stupid good and easy and all that jazz with hands off experience of true minion build
but
it requires a voidforge
on the AG

11/10 post ngl I spat my drink on my monitor

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Considering going with the newly buffed Power Siphon of Archmage. I suspect mana stacking gear will be more expensive this league, but I don't trade too much if I can avoid it. I doubt the new wisp support will work with totems, so maybe I'll try the old reliable Trickster for nice on kill sustain. Then again I did play KBofF int stacking trickster last league, but wands are fun. Int stacking and chasing specific influence mods wasn't very fun, but I don't think I'd need to do that. A common Piscator's Vigil would probably do quite well.

New chieftan shield crush could be good, and probably simple with just like jugg armor stacking.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Thinking of trying chaos BAMA, I'm sure +influence corpses won't be cheap/common if they even exist, but it might be possible to make some real sicko poo poo off necropolis-only bow/quiver affixes that aren't triggers, and making a basic bow should be pretty doable, even if hitting on DoT mods might be harder than going for generic phys/chaos hit.

I was reading that Blink/Mirror arrows share cooldowns but that doesn't really make much sense as to why you'd roll with both, did they mean they share cooldown reduction methods like the bow mastery (which I know they do)? so you want to use both for 2x the minions?

Stux posted:

My AGs never ever die unless I actually blow actual currency on them past the cheapo setups, then I get cocky about over-juiced content and lose them within ~2 days

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

M. Night Skymall posted:

yeah, I didn't play an AG build last league, and it seems like a lovely league for it TBH because the wisps scale the rares to stupid levels.

i wasnt even touching wisps yet, they were just getting blown away by regular stuff

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

This is what keeps me from doing minions. I don't want to gently caress with specters or AG.

So I'm like, Reaper??? But he sucks

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

A guardian with just like Dying Breath and Leer Cast is amazing and they are like 1c . Use some chest and southbound gloves. There

Spectres are a pita

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

Witch got new voicelines, so witch it is. Will have to see what skill tho.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Yeah I want to play a witch to start for the lines as well. Thinking frostblink ignite to start, and then maybe manaforged arrows mana stack for build 2 once the basic mana stacker stuff calms down.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

euphronius posted:

A guardian with just like Dying Breath and Leer Cast is amazing and they are like 1c . Use some chest and southbound gloves. There

Spectres are a pita

it wasnt the cost it was the hassle of having to stop what i was doing to go and build a new one. also the price was almost a downside bcos who is actually leaving a map to sell something for 1c, i had to spam ping like 10 ppl each time to get each part. yucky

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

External Organs posted:

This is what keeps me from doing minions. I don't want to gently caress with specters or AG.

This is always what has kept me from it as well. I thought specters had been improved somewhat? Isn't there a thing now where desecrate in your hideout will make corpses of your previous specters? Still annoying to have to go back to hideout, admittedly.

Stux posted:

it wasnt the cost it was the hassle of having to stop what i was doing to go and build a new one. also the price was almost a downside bcos who is actually leaving a map to sell something for 1c, i had to spam ping like 10 ppl each time to get each part. yucky

Later in the league I'll actually search for people selling this kind of stuff for 5-10c instead. The chaos doesn't matter at that point and people are way more likely to respond.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Stux posted:

If you don’t want to wait or spam set the min price to like 5c (or even 10c later in the league) and sort by recently listed. You can catch people in their hideouts

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Deki posted:

Thinking of trying chaos BAMA, I'm sure +influence corpses won't be cheap/common if they even exist, but it might be possible to make some real sicko poo poo off necropolis-only bow/quiver affixes that aren't triggers, and making a basic bow should be pretty doable, even if hitting on DoT mods might be harder than going for generic phys/chaos hit.

I was reading that Blink/Mirror arrows share cooldowns but that doesn't really make much sense as to why you'd roll with both, did they mean they share cooldown reduction methods like the bow mastery (which I know they do)? so you want to use both for 2x the minions?

I used blink for movement and mirror for "summon a clone to damage from this spot".
Also poison bama was fun and made campaign/early maps easy and fast as gently caress

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
I'm going :downsgun: mind turn off mode :downsgun: and play RF for the first time ever.

Looking forward to PoEs version of a walking simulator!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

euphronius posted:

If you don’t want to wait or spam set the min price to like 5c (or even 10c later in the league) and sort by recently listed. You can catch people in their hideouts

yup. or i can play a sane build not designed by the biggest freaks ever created: minion/pet mains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

For folks looking at build ideas, Palsteron released a pretty cool vid yesterday highlighting Kitava's Thirst as an interesting option with the reworked Archmage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JikQFnLCBuo

I'm particularly interested in a new BF/BB v2 setup as that one was pretty fun back in the pre-3.15 days. The helm could even automate BF so it's down to a 1-button build (basically)